Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192988 times)

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #420 on: July 26, 2012, 04:08:58 PM »
>...That would have been a pretty grisly prospect.
>"...Yes, that is a good thing she did."
>"That reminds me, Head Elder Saku told me to tell Mokou and Kaguya to make their battles a little quieter, the explosions were interrupting his sleep. We both know how valuable sleep is."

"Hmhmhm..." Yukari giggles a bit. "Well, you can tell Kaguya at least. Ah, I suppose now is as good a time as any," she opens a gap, which Neneru stares at in awe. So do the others. She takes out what looks to be a book made out of silver, lined with gold. "I had this made for you in recognition of solving your first incident. Thankfully, you've been around a little longer than Reimu ~ all I could think of to give her after her first incident was the power of flight, and it took her forever to figure it out ~" Without further introduction, she hands the book to you. Even just looking at it, it looks exquisite and valuable, but you can clearly see the words written on the cover.

The Unabridged and Complete History of Chireiden and the Ancient City
 -- as penned by Shiki Eiki

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #421 on: July 26, 2012, 04:14:49 PM »
>Smile. "This is perfect. I've been meaning to write down something like this with the help of that Tower Library. But you did the work for me."
>Let's open it and look at the Contents pages.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #422 on: July 26, 2012, 04:19:02 PM »
>Smile. "This is perfect. I've been meaning to write down something like this with the help of that Tower Library. But you did the work for me."
>Let's open it and look at the Contents pages.

Yukari chuckles. "Oh, and quite a lot of work it was... I had to endure a lecture, as I'm sure you can understand. But with enough wheedling and promise-making, I managed to get this book out of it ~"

Contents:

I. Before the City Existed
II. The Construction of the City
III. The Golden Era
IV. The Civil War of the City
V. Parsee's Condemnation
VI. Abandonment
VII. The Repopulation and the Pact
VIII. Satori's Arrival
IX. The Yatagarasu Incident
X. Mima's Summoning

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #423 on: July 26, 2012, 04:25:30 PM »
>Chuckle a bit about Part X. "Well, this is pretty amusing. The one who teaches and adjusts history, now is a part of it."
>Let's take a look at Part IV. This should fill in quite a few of the blanks.
>"Oh, on the subject of the Tower Library, there was a book about Notable Youkai of the 5th Century. It mentioned a Flower Youkai with a rather familiar name. I presume that the book was speaking of Yuuka?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #424 on: July 26, 2012, 04:32:51 PM »
>Chuckle a bit about Part X. "Well, this is pretty amusing. The one who teaches and adjusts history, now is a part of it."
>Let's take a look at Part IV. This should fill in quite a few of the blanks.
>"Oh, on the subject of the Tower Library, there was a book about Notable Youkai of the 5th Century. It mentioned a Flower Youkai with a rather familiar name. I presume that the book was speaking of Yuuka?"

Yukari nods behind her fan. "But of course. She was such a cute little youkai back then ~ not to say I wasn't cute myself, of course, but her flowers were so enchanting. She's changed that vibe out for a vibe of power now, unfortunately."

You crack open the book and take a look at Part IV, where one passage in particular catches your eye.

No one in the Civil War could be considered wholly white, of course. Parsee, or Parsi as she was known then, certainly wasn't. She overreacted and assumed malicious intent where there was none. Her punishment at the time was considered by all, including myself, as just and right. But it was Gome who deserved the true punishment - for her reaction to being ordered arrested was to declare armed revolution, which the Earth Spiders who populated much of the city were only too happy to follow. It was she who started the civil war that broke the ancient city, and her death was just as right as Parsee's condemnation.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #425 on: July 26, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
>"Well, Yamame seems to be a fair deal better than her ancestor. If with a rather risky power. She was rather pleasant to speak with really, and doesn't seem interested in following in Gome's footsteps. Though I have to wonder if it was true about Gome having a charm weaved that would make all her descendants be talented singers as well."

>Nod. "Though Yuuka still retains a sense for elegance and beauty, but I suppose that happens when you live in Gensokyo though."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #426 on: July 26, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
>"Well, Yamame seems to be a fair deal better than her ancestor. If with a rather risky power. She was rather pleasant to speak with really, and doesn't seem interested in following in Gome's footsteps. Though I have to wonder if it was true about Gome having a charm weaved that would make all her descendants be talented singers as well."

Yukari chuckles at this. "Who knows ~ it might be true, it might not be. You could always find the Yama and ask her - I know I'm not visiting her again. Or perhaps it's hidden somewhere else in that book? Who knows ~"

>Nod. "Though Yuuka still retains a sense for elegance and beauty, but I suppose that happens when you live in Gensokyo though."

Another chuckle. "Well, at least so long as your name's not Aya ~ Ah, but that reminds me, I did have a reason for coming here. Ran was telling me earlier about how you wanted one of your shikigami to receive training?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #427 on: July 26, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
>Nod. "Ah yes."
>Gesture towards Kaki. "Seeing as how both Ran and Kaki are foxes, I thought that Ran would be one of the perfect candidates for helping her learn and grow in terms of ability."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #428 on: July 26, 2012, 04:55:13 PM »
>Nod. "Ah yes."
>Gesture towards Kaki. "Seeing as how both Ran and Kaki are foxes, I thought that Ran would be one of the perfect candidates for helping her learn and grow in terms of ability."

Yukari nods, tapping her fan against her chin. "Yes, I suppose that would be the best idea, wouldn't it? Of course, Ran's so busy, I don't know if I could spare her for such a long time ~ but perhaps if Kaki were to move in with us for a few weeks, that might be a better plan ~ what do you think?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #429 on: July 26, 2012, 04:57:16 PM »
>"Well, it's up to her really. The contract stipulated that they would be able to choose their own path in life, so long as it did not lead to harming the village. A rather broad contract really, but it makes both sides happy."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #430 on: July 26, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »
>"Well, it's up to her really. The contract stipulated that they would be able to choose their own path in life, so long as it did not lead to harming the village. A rather broad contract really, but it makes both sides happy."

Yukari tilts her head. "Now that's not a normal shikigami contract at all ~ but if that's how you made it, I suppose I should go speak with her, hmm?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #431 on: July 26, 2012, 05:04:22 PM »
>Nod. "She's around here somewhere."
>"Though it might not be a normal contract, it gets the job done with everyone being happy."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #432 on: July 26, 2012, 05:06:35 PM »
>Nod. "She's around here somewhere."
>"Though it might not be a normal contract, it gets the job done with everyone being happy."

Yukari chuckles. "Whatever makes you happy, Keine ~" A gap opens above her, and she slowly floats into it. Trust Yukari to leave abnormally.

Shiku stares at the gap as it slowly closes, while Neneru takes the chance to blurt something out. "She ripped a hole in the air!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #433 on: July 26, 2012, 05:11:29 PM »
>Nod. "That's her power. She can manipulate Boundaries. What we are seeing is her manipulating the Border of Here and There."
>"She can also bend and twist other, less-likely boundaries, such as Past and Present, and so on."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #434 on: July 26, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »
>Nod. "That's her power. She can manipulate Boundaries. What we are seeing is her manipulating the Border of Here and There."
>"She can also bend and twist other, less-likely boundaries, such as Past and Present, and so on."

Neneru ponders this for a moment before blurting again. "But wouldn't that make her unstoppable? Cause there's like a border for everything? That can't be right..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #435 on: July 26, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »
>"Even she has her limits though, and was even defeated by Yorihime and Toyohime."
>Grin. "You know, the two I defeated."
>"Plus, she never really takes many things seriously, due to having so much power. And like myself, she is also relatively responsible with her own."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #436 on: July 26, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
>"Even she has her limits though, and was even defeated by Yorihime and Toyohime."
>Grin. "You know, the two I defeated."
>"Plus, she never really takes many things seriously, due to having so much power. And like myself, she is also relatively responsible with her own."

Neneru nods, taking the second point of your statement to talk about. "So, if she got defeated by them, and you beat them, that makes you more powerful than Yukari... right?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #437 on: July 26, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »
>Sigh. "In terms of brute force, she can outclass everyone almost. But thanks to the spellcard rules, even someone as powerful as her can lose."
>"Alright, you've used a spellcard already, so I'll teach you two about the spellcard rules, and why they exist, as well as why Gensokyo exists."
>"Long ago, before even I was born, Youkai would attack travelers indiscriminately. Even killing them. Oni would just as often kidnap them. However, with the advent of many things in the outside world, Youkai were starting to lose their place in the order of things. Thus, Gensokyo was created as a haven for magical beings, such as yourselves. But even then, humans were still attacked and killed. In a confined place like Gensokyo, that would mean that after no more than a few hundred years, there would be no more humans. And without humans, youkai cannot exist. So thus, the Spellcard Laws were drafted. Among those terms, was that youkai can cause incidents, and humans can resolve them. In short, they're formalized duels where nobody loses their life. The youkai get to exercise their sometimes vast powers, and the humans gain the ability to fight them on even terms."
>"Three such examples of humans who resolve Incidents are Reimu Hakurei, the Hakurei Shrine Maiden. Marisa Kirisame, a Magician whom you already know. And Sakuya Izayoi, the maid from earlier. Though the latter seems to have retired from incident resolution for the most part."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2012, 08:11:21 PM »
>Sigh. "In terms of brute force, she can outclass everyone almost. But thanks to the spellcard rules, even someone as powerful as her can lose."
>"Alright, you've used a spellcard already, so I'll teach you two about the spellcard rules, and why they exist, as well as why Gensokyo exists."
>"Long ago, before even I was born, Youkai would attack travelers indiscriminately. Even killing them. Oni would just as often kidnap them. However, with the advent of many things in the outside world, Youkai were starting to lose their place in the order of things. Thus, Gensokyo was created as a haven for magical beings, such as yourselves. But even then, humans were still attacked and killed. In a confined place like Gensokyo, that would mean that after no more than a few hundred years, there would be no more humans. And without humans, youkai cannot exist. So thus, the Spellcard Laws were drafted. Among those terms, was that youkai can cause incidents, and humans can resolve them. In short, they're formalized duels where nobody loses their life. The youkai get to exercise their sometimes vast powers, and the humans gain the ability to fight them on even terms."
>"Three such examples of humans who resolve Incidents are Reimu Hakurei, the Hakurei Shrine Maiden. Marisa Kirisame, a Magician whom you already know. And Sakuya Izayoi, the maid from earlier. Though the latter seems to have retired from incident resolution for the most part."

Yukari steps back into the room, through the door this time. "That was a very nice explanation, Keine. You aren't a teacher by chance, are you?" Neneru nods, mentioning "So does this mean I'm gonna have to make spellcards too? And Shiku and Kaki and everyone?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Yukari, you know that's my job."
>Nod. "But yes. Since you're my Shikigami, the spellcards that come naturally to you are most likely going to be similar to my own."
>"After all, didn't it feel natural to be using that spellcard I loaned you?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2012, 08:25:04 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Yukari, you know that's my job."
>Nod. "But yes. Since you're my Shikigami, the spellcards that come naturally to you are most likely going to be similar to my own."
>"After all, didn't it feel natural to be using that spellcard I loaned you?"

Neneru nods. "Yeah, but I thought that was cause it was a jewel, and jewels are shiny, and I like shinies!" Her logic is glowing, but false, unfortunately. Yukari steps over to her former seat and sits back down again.

"Now, Keine, your shikigami has expressed willingness to live at the Yakumo household for a while, under two conditions. The first is that you give regular visits, she mentioned 'once a week', I believe. The second is that I get your permission. So then, Keine, do I have your permission?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #441 on: July 26, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
>Nod. "And how long will she be staying?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #442 on: July 26, 2012, 08:29:34 PM »
>Nod. "And how long will she be staying?"

Yukari puts her fan to her chin, tapping it. "Oh... a month, perhaps two? However long it takes to master the basics of fox magic, I suppose. I'll visit every once a week or so to allow you to my household ~ after all, you'll have a very hard time getting there otherwise ~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #443 on: July 26, 2012, 08:33:56 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, it's approved. Just be sure to provide plenty of reading material, she's much like Patchouli in regards to books."
>"...And take good care of her, alright?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #444 on: July 26, 2012, 08:58:14 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, it's approved. Just be sure to provide plenty of reading material, she's much like Patchouli in regards to books."
>"...And take good care of her, alright?"

Yukari chuckles. "I'll treat her better than even my own shikigami ~" Then another chin tap. "Is there anything else to talk about, I wonder ~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #445 on: July 26, 2012, 09:36:06 PM »
>"Hmm....Ah, do be sure to come get me when she demonstrates her power. We've already discerned Shiku and Neneru's. Neneru can teleport, and Shiku seems able to control air pressure."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #446 on: July 26, 2012, 09:38:49 PM »
>"Hmm....Ah, do be sure to come get me when she demonstrates her power. We've already discerned Shiku and Neneru's. Neneru can teleport, and Shiku seems able to control air pressure."

Yukari nods, before tapping her fan on the table. "Oh yes, now I remember! One more thing." She pulls out a flat shard of rock about the diameter of a teacup, setting it on the table. "If you have to deal with Mima, you should probably take this. You can shatter it to give yourself a temporary immunity to magic. It might be useful?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #447 on: July 26, 2012, 09:40:42 PM »
>Nod. "It should come in handy, should she try anything untoward."
>Add it to the inventory!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #448 on: July 26, 2012, 09:42:54 PM »
>Nod. "It should come in handy, should she try anything untoward."
>Add it to the inventory!

You add the Nullmagic Stone to your inventory. Good thinking there.

Yukari chuckles, saying "If you don't have to use it, though, I want it back, okay?" before standing up, setting her teacup down gently. "Well then, I think I'll be off. Don't bother looking for your shikigami, I'll be taking her with me ~ I assure you she'll be treated well, okay?" Yukari walks over, picking up her parasol before turning back to you. "Farewell, Keine-sensei ~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #449 on: July 26, 2012, 09:45:27 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well, I wonder how she'll grow? I suppose she'll want to learn elemental magics once she's picked up the basics."
>We'll have to consider learning some magic ourselves, beyond what we already know for the general things.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!