Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192994 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #390 on: July 25, 2012, 06:42:54 PM »
>Smile. "Not a problem. Well, you have your things to do, and I need to go find Mokou."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #391 on: July 25, 2012, 06:45:13 PM »
>Smile. "Not a problem. Well, you have your things to do, and I need to go find Mokou."

Sakuya nods. "Indeed. Good luck in your search." She and Patchouli begin to fly away.

Do you wish to go search for Mokou or retrieve Kaki? Or other.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #392 on: July 25, 2012, 06:47:05 PM »
>We'll retrieve Kaki, then go find Mokou.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #393 on: July 25, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »
>We'll retrieve Kaki, then go find Mokou.

You head in the city to retrieve Kaki, but she intercepts you on the way. "Keine-sama", she reports, "I don't know how, but there's a blonde woman in the tea room." Shiku tilts her head, slightly interested. She asks "Marisa?" but Kaki only shakes her head. "I don't recognize her, and neither would you, Shiku," she continues. "Perhaps you might, though, Keine-sama."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #394 on: July 25, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, let's go see who this is then."
>Let's go!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2012, 07:02:39 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, let's go see who this is then."
>Let's go!

You head to your house, opening the door to see, yes, a blonde youkai drinking tea in the study. Even if you didn't recognize her on the spot, the parasol leaning against the wall would be enough to identify Yakumo Yukari. She gives you a little beckon with her fan.

"Oh, do come in, Keine ~ I've been waiting for you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
>Nod. "Yukari."
>Let's head into the tearoom and take a seat. "So, I take it you wanted to discuss something?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #397 on: July 25, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »
>Nod. "Yukari."
>Let's head into the tearoom and take a seat. "So, I take it you wanted to discuss something?"

She smiles before hiding it behind the fan. "Well, maybe. But first, I should mention just how cute your little shikigami looked while she was running out of the house! It almost reminded me of Ran when she was younger." In all your few meetings with Yukari, you've always noticed one thing - she takes forever to get to the point.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #398 on: July 25, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »
>Nod. "Well, I decided that I needed some additional help in keeping the village safe should I get sick. That, and they were rather helpful exposing what those Lunarians were doing."
>Sigh. "Rather distasteful methods, even for them, don't you think?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #399 on: July 25, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »
>Nod. "Well, I decided that I needed some additional help in keeping the village safe should I get sick. That, and they were rather helpful exposing what those Lunarians were doing."
>Sigh. "Rather distasteful methods, even for them, don't you think?"

You hear a chuckle from behind the fan. "Oh, I'd say it's about par for the course with them," she says, using a saying you don't QUITE understand, "but then I guess you could call me a bit biased. And I will admit, it's rather nice to have someone to take over for you when you have other things that need done - Ran knows that well." She smiles, setting the fan down. "She's actually repairing a small hole in the border right now ~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #400 on: July 25, 2012, 07:25:40 PM »
>Nod. "The one the Lunarians used to get in and out I take it?"
>Smile. "Besides, I took a liking to these girls. I guess it's my nature as a teacher and a woman to want to make sure they end up as proper ladies."
>Chuckle a bit. "After all, Gensokyo's a land where beauty and elegance reigns supreme. So it's natural."
>Fistpalm. "I suppose I should have some tea made. Seeing as you're a guest."
>Fistpalm once more. "Ah, I think Chen and Neneru would get along quite nicely. We should schedule a time for them to meet up and enjoy themselves."
>Chuckle a bit more. "As they say, kids will be kids."
>"Ah, if you'll excuse me, I have to find the tea. The house was only just improved today, so I'm still getting used to it."
>Let's find where the tea's stashed!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #401 on: July 25, 2012, 07:49:35 PM »
>Nod. "The one the Lunarians used to get in and out I take it?"

Yukari brings the fan up again. "Perhaps ~ or perhaps I made that one myself. Who knows, right?"

>Smile. "Besides, I took a liking to these girls. I guess it's my nature as a teacher and a woman to want to make sure they end up as proper ladies."
>Chuckle a bit. "After all, Gensokyo's a land where beauty and elegance reigns supreme. So it's natural."

A decisive nod from Yukari. "Beauty and elegance indeed. Even little Reimu can be elegant - but don't tell her I said that," she says, giggling.

>Fistpalm. "I suppose I should have some tea made. Seeing as you're a guest."

Yukari chuckles a bit. "Feel free ~"

>Fistpalm once more. "Ah, I think Chen and Neneru would get along quite nicely. We should schedule a time for them to meet up and enjoy themselves."
>Chuckle a bit more. "As they say, kids will be kids."

Another chuckle, as Yukari sets the fan down on the table. "Ah, well, I wouldn't call Chen a child anymore if I were you, she doesn't like it - not that that stops me, of course ~"

>"Ah, if you'll excuse me, I have to find the tea. The house was only just improved today, so I'm still getting used to it."
>Let's find where the tea's stashed!

"I'll help!" Neneru shouts, walking along with you to the kitchen area - of course the tea SHOULD be there. Along the way, she asks you her usual barrage of questions.

"So who's the blonde lady? Why's she got a fan? Can I have a fan? And what's she mean by the border? She can't mean THE border, can she?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #402 on: July 25, 2012, 07:55:17 PM »
>Chuckle a bit while we search for the right tea. "That's Yukari Yakumo, one of the strongest Youkai of Gensokyo. She's hailed as one of the Great Youkai Sages. Even I can't begin to tell how ancient she must be to have such vast power."
>"But yes, she did indeed mean the Great Border. It's generally her job to maintain and repair it, but just as often, she tends to delegate that job to her Shikigami, Ran. The one we met earlier today."
>"As for why she has a fan, it's because generally noblewomen carry them, and here in Gensokyo, she's generally top of the heap. Yuyuko, her close friend, also carries a pair. I understand that she's quite skilled with them. And yes, we'll see about getting you one. This is summer after all, so fans are a must."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2012, 10:48:56 PM »
>Chuckle a bit while we search for the right tea. "That's Yukari Yakumo, one of the strongest Youkai of Gensokyo. She's hailed as one of the Great Youkai Sages. Even I can't begin to tell how ancient she must be to have such vast power."

"Ooooh... but then... how did she get in? I thought the magic lady made it so only we could get in. Or maybe she just broke it with her power?"

>"But yes, she did indeed mean the Great Border. It's generally her job to maintain and repair it, but just as often, she tends to delegate that job to her Shikigami, Ran. The one we met earlier today."

Neneru nods, "Ah... the fox lady, right?"

>"As for why she has a fan, it's because generally noblewomen carry them, and here in Gensokyo, she's generally top of the heap. Yuyuko, her close friend, also carries a pair. I understand that she's quite skilled with them. And yes, we'll see about getting you one. This is summer after all, so fans are a must."

"Yay!" she shouts, giving you a tackle-hug, which due to her small build only rocks you a bit. Fortunately, you find what you think would be just perfect - a small tin of the blazeberry tea leaves.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2012, 11:00:11 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, that's her Shikigami. And I expect that she likely used her special ability to get in. It's rather like your own ability in a sense."
>Let's set to making the tea!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2012, 11:05:22 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, that's her Shikigami. And I expect that she likely used her special ability to get in. It's rather like your own ability in a sense."
>Let's set to making the tea!

You set to making the tea while Neneru talks with you.

"Like my own? You mean she can teleport too? That's so cool! Is she a ninja too?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2012, 11:07:08 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well, that's one use her power has. But come to think of it, she does tend to use Kunai type Danmaku....So who knows? Perhaps she had a brief period in her youth where she passed for one. I suppose we'll have to ask her about that over tea."
>Let's wrap up on making the tea, and set Neneru to gathering the cups.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »
>Did we get around to reading that Yakumo ninja book? That should elaborate a bit on it

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2012, 11:23:18 PM »
Truth be told, I completely forgot about that one. :derp:
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2012, 11:30:27 PM »
I only remembered because a book about Yukari being a ninja sounds epic and hilarious.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2012, 11:55:21 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well, that's one use her power has. But come to think of it, she does tend to use Kunai type Danmaku....So who knows? Perhaps she had a brief period in her youth where she passed for one. I suppose we'll have to ask her about that over tea."
>Let's wrap up on making the tea, and set Neneru to gathering the cups.

You finish the tea as Neneru grabs a set of five ornate cups, and it doesn't take you long at all to return to the tea room. Yukari's relaxing, speaking with Shiku while Kaki reads her book.

"...and that's how Ran became my Shikigami. It's an old story, but we go over it quite a bit - it never fails to entertain." Shiku nods, muttering "I can see why..."

>Did we get around to reading that Yakumo ninja book? That should elaborate a bit on it

Truth be told, I completely forgot about that one. :derp:

Oh right, you have a book about how Yukari was supposedly a ninja.

I only remembered because a book about Yukari being a ninja sounds epic and hilarious.

And you must admit, Yukari as a ninja sounds rather epic. Although it's hard to imagine someone so noble-ish doing that, you suppose it may have once been hard to imagine Mokou living in a shed in a forest.

« Reply #411 on: July 26, 2012, 01:11:00 AM »
>Serve up the tea!
>"I got this blend from Satori in the Underground. While there I also stumbled upon a book that mentioned a Yakumo ninja actually."
>Let's get the story from the source.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #412 on: July 26, 2012, 01:43:04 AM »
>Serve up the tea!
>"I got this blend from Satori in the Underground. While there I also stumbled upon a book that mentioned a Yakumo ninja actually."
>Let's get the story from the source.

Yukari chuckles, taking a sip of the tea. "Oh, right ~ I was just bored a bit, is all. So I came to Hideyoshi and asked to be his personal assassin. He was reluctant at first, but after I displayed a couple of my skills, he gladly accepted." She takes another sip of the tea, sighing in delight. "But with abilities like mine, even being a ninja becomes boring quick, so I had Ran 'assassinate' me. I think after that, I visited the rest of the world ~ it was quite interesting at the time, especially Europe. You've never been to Europe, have you, Keine? Perhaps I should take you there sometime." She raises the fan in front of her face as she says this. "Oh, and the tea is quite delicious. Even I've never tried blazeberry ~"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #413 on: July 26, 2012, 07:56:51 AM »
>Nod. "I suspect that there's much history to learn there, but that's an adventure for another time I suppose. We are still fresh off that little bit with the lunarians after all."
>"At any rate, it's quite a rare tea, as only Utsuho can gather the main ingredient."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #414 on: July 26, 2012, 02:57:21 PM »
>Nod. "I suspect that there's much history to learn there, but that's an adventure for another time I suppose. We are still fresh off that little bit with the lunarians after all."

Yukari chuckles. "Oh, Keine. The troubles aren't nearly over yet. That evil spirit's still around, isn't she? Among... other things."

>"At any rate, it's quite a rare tea, as only Utsuho can gather the main ingredient."

The youkai nods, taking another sip in appreciation. "Oh, it's very nice. I've been meaning to go down to the Underground myself, but before Orin broke the pact, I really couldn't - and after, I really just haven't had time."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #415 on: July 26, 2012, 03:13:35 PM »
>Nod. "If anyone else could withstand the fires of where it grows, it'd be you, wouldn't it? A little push on the border of hot and warm, and it'd be more like a pleasant summer's day down there to you, wouldn't it?"
>"Well, Mima was one of the few leads I could think of, so there wasn't much else."
>Pause.
>"Hold on a second, you called her an Evil Spirit. Isn't Orin's ability something related to those?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #416 on: July 26, 2012, 03:41:35 PM »
>Nod. "If anyone else could withstand the fires of where it grows, it'd be you, wouldn't it? A little push on the border of hot and warm, and it'd be more like a pleasant summer's day down there to you, wouldn't it?"

Yukari chuckles. "One might say that. Even so, as I said, up until recently I had agreed not to go into the underground - and I always follow my agreements, Keine."

>"Well, Mima was one of the few leads I could think of, so there wasn't much else."
>Pause.
>"Hold on a second, you called her an Evil Spirit. Isn't Orin's ability something related to those?"

Another chuckle. "If you mean her profession, sure. Orin's tasked with taking care of the onryou underground, which until Mima came up here, would have included her. Speaking of the underground, don't forget that I have a gift ready for you. But anyway, I can't fault you for releasing Mima... even if it does mean I might have to do a cleanup operation later. She'll need to learn who's the real authority in Gensokyo, I'm sure you understand."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #417 on: July 26, 2012, 03:48:20 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "It can't be said that she wasn't useful though, given the Tewi debacle. Having her luck gone for a little while should make her treasure it all the more. Besides, if anyone gets lost in there, Mokou can handle them. She knows her way around the bamboo forest better than anyone."
>Ponder what this gift could be.
>"That is true, a proper lady always keeps her word."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #418 on: July 26, 2012, 03:54:46 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "It can't be said that she wasn't useful though, given the Tewi debacle. Having her luck gone for a little while should make her treasure it all the more. Besides, if anyone gets lost in there, Mokou can handle them. She knows her way around the bamboo forest better than anyone."

Yukari puts her fan up to her face. "Well, when she's alive, anyway ~ but the battles between her and the Lunarian princess can be so entertaining to watch sometimes."

>Ponder what this gift could be.

You ponder. It's obviously something related to the underground, but you have no idea what it could be.

>"That is true, a proper lady always keeps her word."

"Indeed... and even Orin broke the pact for a very good reason. Imagine if she had not." She shudders a bit at the thought.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #419 on: July 26, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »
>...That would have been a pretty grisly prospect.
>"...Yes, that is a good thing she did."
>"That reminds me, Head Elder Saku told me to tell Mokou and Kaguya to make their battles a little quieter, the explosions were interrupting his sleep. We both know how valuable sleep is."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!