Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192983 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #330 on: July 21, 2012, 12:57:17 AM »
>Nod with a smile, and administer headpats. "Indeed you did. That little trick you pulled during the match must be what your power is. It's rather like Teleportation."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #331 on: July 21, 2012, 02:00:31 PM »
>Nod with a smile, and administer headpats. "Indeed you did. That little trick you pulled during the match must be what your power is. It's rather like Teleportation."

Neneru giggles and blushes a bit at the headpatting. "Ehehe... you mean where I wanted to be somewhere not in the way and then I was? I'm not sure what happened, but it was really useful! And I even did the spellcard and everything!"

Patchouli seems to have finished, as the rainbow wall of light is lowering and fading. She looks exhausted, and practically collapses onto the ground as the wall fades entirely, leaving your house seemingly unchanged. Sakuya approaches her and shares a few quiet words with her before helping her up and supporting Patchouli.

"That... that should do it," Patchouli gasps out, "although you'll want to check to make sure."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #332 on: July 21, 2012, 04:31:21 PM »
>Nod. "Alright. You need a chance to rest too. I know a good Teahouse we can do so at."
>Let's head in with the girls to look around.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #333 on: July 21, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »
>Nod. "Alright. You need a chance to rest too. I know a good Teahouse we can do so at."
>Let's head in with the girls to look around.

You step inside the house, and the first thing you notice is that it's bigger... a LOT bigger than before. Even though it was a one-story house earlier, the entrance room (conveniently containing that same kotatsu) now has a staircase leading up to a door at the top. To your left, through an open door, is a larger, renovated kitchen that - somehow - is fully stocked and even contains an ice-box. To the right, you see a tea room, with the shelves lined wall to wall with books. Combination tea room and study, you suppose. In front of you, you can see a room that's suspiciously empty, with nothing but a mat on the floor. Neneru runs upstairs and reports a few moments later, "there's tons of bedrooms up here!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #334 on: July 21, 2012, 05:16:45 PM »
>"Alright then girls, pick which one you want!"
>Let's get a closer look at that mystery room. Maybe we can do something with it later.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #335 on: July 21, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »
>"Alright then girls, pick which one you want!"
>Let's get a closer look at that mystery room. Maybe we can do something with it later.

You step into the mystery room, and it really does look as empty as it seems. Nothing but a mat on the floor, but you feel a tingling when you enter the room. You remember this from earlier - magic is in effect here. A voice from behind you.

"It's magically reinforced," Sakuya says, suddenly appearing behind you, "how, I cannot say, but Patchouli was telling me how she plans to make the room invincible. I believe there's some simple manner of changing the size as well, but I'm not too certain on that score."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #336 on: July 21, 2012, 05:29:46 PM »
>"Hmm....Perhaps this can be the training hall then. it should be a small matter to rework this room to suit that task at a later date, no? Of course, this could be an emergency shelter for the villagers as well."
>"Well, let's see the rooms upstairs, shall we?"
>Let's go!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #337 on: July 21, 2012, 05:36:20 PM »
>"Hmm....Perhaps this can be the training hall then. it should be a small matter to rework this room to suit that task at a later date, no? Of course, this could be an emergency shelter for the villagers as well."

Sakuya chuckles. "In case of what? I don't think there's been a serious threat to Gensokyo and the village since... well, I suppose the Underground incident, now that I think about it. Sometimes one forgets just how dangerous Gensokyo can be."

>"Well, let's see the rooms upstairs, shall we?"
>Let's go!

You head up the stairs, opening the door. In the first bedroom on the right, you already see Neneru bouncing on a four-poster Western-style bed, and Kaki reading a book of magic in the room beyond that. In the second bedroom on the left, you see Shiku idly fiddling with various things in the room. It seems that Patchouli went wild with the four-posters, since there's one in every room, including the seventh at the end of the hall. At least the rooms look rather luxurious.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #338 on: July 21, 2012, 05:40:22 PM »
>"And the Missing Magicians Incident as well, you never know if one of the younger villagers might get inspired by Marisa and decide to take up magic themselves."
>Let's head for the seventh room then. That'll be our new one.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #339 on: July 22, 2012, 03:03:32 AM »
>"And the Missing Magicians Incident as well, you never know if one of the younger villagers might get inspired by Marisa and decide to take up magic themselves."
>Let's head for the seventh room then. That'll be our new one.

You take the seventh room, the one at the end, for yourself. That leaves the third rooms on both sides and the first room on the left as guest rooms. Stepping inside, you see you've made the right choice: this room is bigger than the others, and somewhat more luxurious as well. You definitely got a huge upgrade. Sakuya smiles from behind you.

"You're lucky, you know. Patchouli was dead set on creating something far bigger until I reminded her that unlike Remilia, you don't have someone to take care of the place for you. It's odd how much an interior designer she is, actually..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #340 on: July 22, 2012, 03:10:49 AM »
>Nod and chuckle. "Yes, well. Since Neneru, Shiku, and Kaki are here, they can help out."
>Step out to the rooms where the girls are. "Well girls?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #341 on: July 22, 2012, 04:23:31 AM »
>Nod and chuckle. "Yes, well. Since Neneru, Shiku, and Kaki are here, they can help out."
>Step out to the rooms where the girls are. "Well girls?"

Neneru's the first one you check on, and she has set to bouncing on the bed. She looks like she's having a lot of fun at least. "Hi Keine! The new house is great! And these beds are so big and comfy!" Shiku steps out of her room, calmly smiling herself. "It'll work great, Keine. Patchouli certainly did do well - and the size is pretty manageable too, for four."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #342 on: July 22, 2012, 04:31:02 AM »
>Smile. "Indeed she has."
>Look to Sakuya. "Did you make sure she made it inside alright? I was planning to take everyone to a Teahouse I know."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #343 on: July 22, 2012, 05:50:18 AM »
>Smile. "Indeed she has."
>Look to Sakuya. "Did you make sure she made it inside alright? I was planning to take everyone to a Teahouse I know."

Sakuya nods. "She's resting against a wall in the entrance room right now. You may find it hard to believe, but such a powerful spell is very physically taxing. She essentially had to create a pocket universe before she could even begin."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #344 on: July 22, 2012, 05:54:59 AM »
>Sigh, then chuckle a bit. "Now I know I've got to pay you two back."
>"Alright girls, we're heading out."
>To the Entrance Room!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #345 on: July 22, 2012, 12:41:09 PM »
>Sigh, then chuckle a bit. "Now I know I've got to pay you two back."
>"Alright girls, we're heading out."
>To the Entrance Room!

You and your shikigami head down to the entrance room, where unfortunately, it looks like Patchouli has taken to sleeping against the wall. Physically taxing indeed. Sakuya moves over and starts gently nudging the youkai magician in an attempt to wake her.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2012, 12:44:53 PM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Seems she used a little more energy than expected. I hope she's alright."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2012, 02:29:09 PM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Seems she used a little more energy than expected. I hope she's alright."

Patchouli, having been nudged awake by Sakuya, gives you a tired smile. "I am fine. Positively joyous at the moment, actually. The feeling of completing a powerful spell... it is comparable to a runner's high. But I'm sure you understand."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #348 on: July 22, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »
>Smile. "Well, shall we visit the Teahouse then? Or do you still need time to collect yourself?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #349 on: July 22, 2012, 05:09:19 PM »
>Smile. "Well, shall we visit the Teahouse then? Or do you still need time to collect yourself?"

Sakuya gives you a small, well-concealed smile. "As it happens, that's the main reason I'm here - to help support Patchouli to wherever she wishes to go once the spell is complete." Patchouli nods. "I would have sent Koakuma, but she's currently in Makai to regain her energy - if she goes on too long without being there for a while, she becomes weak and unable to help out. But yes, I can come along." A quick check of your shikigami reveals that they are all at least adequate for a trip out. Neneru is as bouncy as ever and slightly rumpled because of it, and Kaki looks like the next Patchouli with her serious expression and the ever-present book of magic in her hand. Shiku, not having done much since the day began, still looks just fine.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #350 on: July 22, 2012, 05:15:53 PM »
>Stifle a little laugh. "You know, you and Kaki are quite alike. Perhaps she could learn a few things from you as well."
>"Well, at any rate, shall we go?"
>Let' make for the teahouse with everyone in tow. But first, let's pick up enough funds for the six of us.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #351 on: July 22, 2012, 05:27:07 PM »
>Stifle a little laugh. "You know, you and Kaki are quite alike. Perhaps she could learn a few things from you as well."
>"Well, at any rate, shall we go?"
>Let' make for the teahouse with everyone in tow. But first, let's pick up enough funds for the six of us.

Patchouli nods. "That depends on the type of magic she's willing to study - I'm the best in elemental magic, but Alice would be the one to go to on manipulation magic, and Byakuren's the queen of enhancing magic. ...And don't even mention Marisa."

Having taken out all of your funds before Patchouli remodeled your house, you're currently carrying about 650,000 yen on you. But you probably don't need that much. How much would you like to take?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #352 on: July 22, 2012, 10:12:07 PM »
>We'll take around 15,000.
>"Well, she does have an interest in learning much of fire magics. And I daresay you have books on illusion magics as well. The typical fox things."
>Let's roll.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #353 on: July 22, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
>We'll take around 15,000.
>"Well, she does have an interest in learning much of fire magics. And I daresay you have books on illusion magics as well. The typical fox things."
>Let's roll.

After stashing the vast majority of your yen in your house, you close the door, and the handle glows with a small click. Patchouli smiles, explaining the click as the six of you travel the short distance to the teahouse.

"Ah yes, I forgot to mention the locking mechanism. When you close the door, only you or your shikigami will be able to open it. I'm sure you understand, I've had to deal with a lot of theft in my time." She stumbles a bit, but Sakuya's there to catch her as she continues on. "As for fire magic, fortunately something so, well, elemental," she chuckles slightly at her double entendre, "is easy to teach. I'm sure Kaki will have no trouble learning it, although if you need a lesson on it, I'm always in my library." As she finishes, you arrive, being hustled to your usual table as a serving girl arrives.

"Ah, Keine!" she exclaims, looking around at your guests. "And I see you've brought... er..." she's staring at Neneru's ears, which you suppose must look quite distinctive. "Er, I see you've brought some guests as well!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #354 on: July 22, 2012, 10:38:12 PM »
>"Don't worry, these three," Gesture towards Shiku, Neneru, and Kaki. "are my new Shikigami. I found them during the most recent Incident I ended up getting wrapped up in, and took a liking to them. They'll be assisting me in protecting the village, teaching the children, and so on."
>Smile, and apply headpats to Neneru. "Don't worry, they won't hurt anyone."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2012, 01:28:35 AM »
>"Don't worry, these three," Gesture towards Shiku, Neneru, and Kaki. "are my new Shikigami. I found them during the most recent Incident I ended up getting wrapped up in, and took a liking to them. They'll be assisting me in protecting the village, teaching the children, and so on."
>Smile, and apply headpats to Neneru. "Don't worry, they won't hurt anyone."

The girl blushes a bit, giving a hasty smile. "Oh, I wasn't even thinking that! I've just never seen cat ears on a person before is all! It's quite fascinating, you know?" It's pretty obvious she's lying, but the poor girl's probably just trying to get a bigger tip from you. Neneru really seems to be enjoying the headpats though. The girl stammers out another response. "So... um... is there anything special you'd like done with your tea today?" Sakuya gives you a small look, seeming to say "if you don't say anything, I will."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2012, 01:56:24 AM »
>Smile. "Just the usual. And a round of sweets as well."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2012, 02:05:56 AM »
>Smile. "Just the usual. And a round of sweets as well."

Sakuya takes this moment to interject. "Actually, if you don't mind, I'll handle the tea preparation. I'm rather used to doing it myself, I hope you understand." The girl nods, ducking away as Sakuya begins to prepare the tea her way. It's only a couple of minutes before she delivers a small plate of sweets, still visibly uncomfortable around the youkai, although she's hiding it well enough for Neneru and Shiku not to notice, it seems. "Will there be anything else?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:43 AM »
>Smile. "That will be enough. And as I've repeated, these girls are fine. Even Head Elder Saku approves of them. Well, Elder Jonil didn't, but he's always been stubborn and irascible."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #359 on: July 23, 2012, 02:00:05 PM »
>Smile. "That will be enough. And as I've repeated, these girls are fine. Even Head Elder Saku approves of them. Well, Elder Jonil didn't, but he's always been stubborn and irascible."

Another blush as the girl ducks away. "Of- of course! I'll be back to check in on you, okay?"

As soon as the girl's out of earshot, Sakuya chuckles, finishing her preparations. "I've never seen someone quite that scared of a little nekomata. And she's not even fully grown..."