Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192995 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #270 on: July 17, 2012, 02:32:32 AM »
>"For the most part. Neneru should be quite a hit with the children, and Shiku can work with the guards while I teach. Kaki is more the shy scholarly sort, so I suppose she can help as well."
"You see, I intend to bring them under my wing and teach them to be proper women, as well as get some helpers when the village needs protecting."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #271 on: July 17, 2012, 02:39:38 AM »
>"For the most part. Neneru should be quite a hit with the children, and Shiku can work with the guards while I teach. Kaki is more the shy scholarly sort, so I suppose she can help as well."
"You see, I intend to bring them under my wing and teach them to be proper women, as well as get some helpers when the village needs protecting."

The elder nods. "Proper women are always welcome in the village, and no one would know better than you, Keine, on how to mold youkai into such. Although," he continues, patting Neneru on the head absentmindedly, "in some cases it looks like you have a ways to go, haha." A light chuckle before he continues on. "But I trust you, Keine, and I can convince the others to provide a formal allowance for this situation if you require it - which shouldn't be necessary, I think."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2012, 02:41:23 AM »
>Smile. "The children are what really matter after all."
>"Besides, Shiku is relatively fine as she is, she reminds me of Mokou in a way."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #273 on: July 17, 2012, 02:46:29 AM »
>Smile. "The children are what really matter after all."
>"Besides, Shiku is relatively fine as she is, she reminds me of Mokou in a way."

Shiku nods appreciatively at the compliment. "Hey, thanks Keine." The elder's already nodding as well, as he follows up her comment with "Yes, dye the rest of her hair white and she could almost pass as Mokou, could she not? Speaking of, I was awoken again last night to the sound of explosions from the Bamboo Forest. I don't suppose I could impose on you to ask the two immortal fighters to lay off on the explosions a little bit?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2012, 02:50:00 AM »
>Sigh exasperatedly. "Yes, yes. I'll be sure to tell Mokou to keep the explosions to a minimum...Such a troublemaker...It's a wonder how she doesn't manage to give me migraines with her exploits."
>That girl, always a handful...
>"Oh well, I was going to visit her after the house was improved anyways."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #275 on: July 17, 2012, 03:02:03 AM »
>Sigh exasperatedly. "Yes, yes. I'll be sure to tell Mokou to keep the explosions to a minimum...Such a troublemaker...It's a wonder how she doesn't manage to give me migraines with her exploits."
>That girl, always a handful...
>"Oh well, I was going to visit her after the house was improved anyways."

The elder nods in appreciation. "Thank you, Keine. You've always been a major asset to this village. Don't ever forget that... no matter how much Jonil," he gives the anti-youkai man a sidelong look, "might think otherwise."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #276 on: July 17, 2012, 03:04:07 AM »
>Nod and smile. "Of course. He's been a rather vocal sort. Always has."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #277 on: July 17, 2012, 03:15:50 AM »
>Nod and smile. "Of course. He's been a rather vocal sort. Always has."

The elder (call him Saku) gives a small grin. "Oh, my yes. Well, if you're getting your house renovated, you'd best be on your way, I'd think. I'll see to getting those two so-called 'Council members' into a somewhat more quiet argument." He stops patting Neneru and picks her up, giving her a hug which she gladly returns. With Kaki, he settles for just patting her on the head in way of goodbye.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #278 on: July 17, 2012, 03:18:13 AM »
>Nod. "Of course, Elder Saku. We'll be off now."
>Let's get going, and head for the gate to meet up with patchy.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #279 on: July 17, 2012, 03:31:28 AM »
>Nod. "Of course, Elder Saku. We'll be off now."
>Let's get going, and head for the gate to meet up with patchy.

You head out to the gate, and unfortunately, it doesn't look like Patchouli has arrived yet. However, you do see a familiar and friendly face heading up the pathway to the city - a friendly face attached to a nine-tailed body. It seems you aren't going to have to look for Chen after all, as you can see Yakumo Ran a little ways away from the gate.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2012, 03:36:02 AM »
>We may as well head over.
>"Ah, hello again Ran. You were one of the people I was wishing to speak with."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #281 on: July 17, 2012, 03:37:44 AM »
>We may as well head over.
>"Ah, hello again Ran. You were one of the people I was wishing to speak with."

Ran nods at you. "Yes, I was looking for you as well. You really should check the graveyard more often, you know - especially when there's been a recent funeral. No worries, though, I have Chen taking care of it. But that's not why I'm here... and I'd imagine it's not why you're here either. Why don't you go first?"

Out the corner of your eye, you can see Neneru entranced by Ran's tails.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #282 on: July 17, 2012, 03:41:41 AM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Cats seem to like your tails."
>"Wait, you mean Orin's at it again? That troublemaker...I know it's her job and all, but honestly."
>Sigh exasperatedly. "At any rate, These three are my new Shikigami as of yesterday. I told them about you, and little Kaki here was surprised that anyone could claim someone of your power as a Shikigami."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #283 on: July 17, 2012, 04:00:30 AM »
>Sigh amusedly. "Cats seem to like your tails."

Ran chuckles. "Well of course. When Chen was younger she used to like them as well - she's grown out of that now, obviously."

>"Wait, you mean Orin's at it again? That troublemaker...I know it's her job and all, but honestly."

Another chuckle. "Fortunately, I know ways... well, more importantly, Chen knows ways to distract her. She's not even in the city now, so far as I can tell."

>Sigh exasperatedly. "At any rate, These three are my new Shikigami as of yesterday. I told them about you, and little Kaki here was surprised that anyone could claim someone of your power as a Shikigami."

Ran smiles at the three youkai, who've already bowed in respect for the Elder Youkai. "Well, little Kaki, I wasn't nearly as powerful then as I am now. I had a mere three tails at the time. But at any rate, welcome to the life of a shikigami. Keine, would you like any advice on handling them, or do you think you can handle it?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #284 on: July 17, 2012, 04:08:09 AM »
>Smile. "I'm doing rather fine with them already. Just treat them nicely, and everything is, as they say, 'gravy'."
>"Ah, I was actually wondering if you could assist in training Kaki? You see, she wants to learn the typical fox magics. Fire, illusions, that sort. Since you are also a fox-type shikigami, I presumed you would be the best one for the job."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #285 on: July 17, 2012, 02:07:57 PM »
>Smile. "I'm doing rather fine with them already. Just treat them nicely, and everything is, as they say, 'gravy'."
>"Ah, I was actually wondering if you could assist in training Kaki? You see, she wants to learn the typical fox magics. Fire, illusions, that sort. Since you are also a fox-type shikigami, I presumed you would be the best one for the job."

Ran sighs, absentmindedly shaking her head. "Well, of course I'd love to - but." Another sigh. "I am still a shikigami, and must do what Yukari-sama asks for me. I will talk the matter over with her, of course, but I cannot predict or guarantee anything. I hope you understand."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #286 on: July 17, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »
>Nod with a smile. "Quite understandable. If you are allowed to, and have the free time, then by all means. My house will be much improved, so it's much more accommodating for guests."
>"Ah, Patchouli should be by any moment to take care of that, and you have things you must do as well yes? I shouldn't be keeping you then."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #287 on: July 17, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »
>Nod with a smile. "Quite understandable. If you are allowed to, and have the free time, then by all means. My house will be much improved, so it's much more accommodating for guests."
>"Ah, Patchouli should be by any moment to take care of that, and you have things you must do as well yes? I shouldn't be keeping you then."

Ran nods, and takes a few steps toward the town before turning back to you. "Ah, Yukari-sama wanted me to tell you that she is preparing a gift for you in celebration of completing your first incident. Her words, not mine. She won't even tell me what it is, though... but you are correct, I have shopping to do in the town. And I hear Eirin is here, so I may as well see if she's selling anything useful to the Yakumo household as well."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #288 on: July 17, 2012, 02:24:09 PM »
>"Ah. I suppose it will be something only she will be able to comprehend, knowing her."
>"Oh, Reisen was being punished, so of course Eirin will be the one delivering the medicines."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #289 on: July 17, 2012, 02:38:58 PM »
>"Ah. I suppose it will be something only she will be able to comprehend, knowing her."
>"Oh, Reisen was being punished, so of course Eirin will be the one delivering the medicines."

Ran nods. "I saw. Or more precisely, Yukari-sama saw, and she told me. But as I said, I will speak to her. I will likely be along soon anyway to deliver this gift, whatever it is."

She heads off into the town with a smile, as you wait for Patchouli to arrive. After a few minutes, you don't see her, but you do hear a familiar voice behind you.

"I regret to inform you," Sakuya says, "that Patchouli's been delayed a bit. She'll still be here soon, but she had to drive a rat from the library."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #290 on: July 17, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »
>Sigh. "Marisa again? Honestly, she hasn't even been free for a week, and she's already up to her old antics."
>Turn to face her with a smile. "Well, there's no rush, the elders approved it all. Except for one, but he's always been confrontational."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #291 on: July 17, 2012, 02:48:06 PM »
>Sigh. "Marisa again? Honestly, she hasn't even been free for a week, and she's already up to her old antics."

Sakuya sighs right along with you. "Always Marisa, I'm afraid. I don't know if I told you, by the way, but that pendant looks great on you."

>Turn to face her with a smile. "Well, there's no rush, the elders approved it all. Except for one, but he's always been confrontational."

"Tch," Sakuya replies, "I think I even know whom you're talking about. The same person who tried to ban me from the village because I 'pal around with youkai'?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #292 on: July 17, 2012, 02:49:27 PM »
>Sigh. "Most likely, Elder Jonil always has been a troublemaker. It's a wonder how he's lived as long as he has, with such an irascible, almost youkai-like nature. I half wonder if he isn't becoming one himself."
>Chuckle a bit. "He would probably have a fit if he heard that."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:52:33 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #293 on: July 17, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »
>Sigh. "Most likely, Elder Jonil always has been a troublemaker. It's a wonder how he's lived as long as he has, with such an irascible, almost youkai-like nature. I half wonder if he isn't becoming one himself."
>Chuckle a bit. "He would probably have a fit if he heard that."

Sakuya chuckles herself. "Oh, most definitely. Ah, that looks like Patchouli now," she says as she points to what looks to be a small purple dot in the distance. "She said she had to go over her plans with you, but that your house would be 'almost mansion-like' afterwards. I think she may have been joking, though - you don't really need a mansion for just four people."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #294 on: July 17, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
>Nod. "Well, I should make mention of that next time I see him then." Chuckle a bit.
>"Ah, that's good then, Even with just myself, it's felt a tad cramped. Shiku actually slept under the Kotatsu, not that she didn't want to though."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #295 on: July 17, 2012, 03:19:43 PM »
>Nod. "Well, I should make mention of that next time I see him then." Chuckle a bit.
>"Ah, that's good then, Even with just myself, it's felt a tad cramped. Shiku actually slept under the Kotatsu, not that she didn't want to though."

Sakuya nods, grinning at the black-white-haired youkai. "We can't be having that, not in the summertime anyway! You'd roast!" She laughs at her little joke. "But in all seriousness, I saw the plans, you'll have more than enough room. I mainly came along for, well, you'll see," she says with a wink. Patchouli lands about 20 feet from you and steps up, breathing a bit heavily.

"I haven't flown so far since... well, a long time..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #296 on: July 17, 2012, 03:20:58 PM »
>Nod with a smile. "Welcome, I'm glad you could make it."
>Sigh somewhat. "Marisa never changes, does she? Do you think we should have left her there for another day or two to cool her head?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #297 on: July 17, 2012, 04:39:14 PM »
>Nod with a smile. "Welcome, I'm glad you could make it."
>Sigh somewhat. "Marisa never changes, does she? Do you think we should have left her there for another day or two to cool her head?"

Patchouli nods. "Perhaps a week would be better," she chimes in, "but at least she's gone now, and I have some special traps guarding the library in case she returns. But that's not important, is it?" She pulls out a rather large scroll from under her arm. "I've made plans for seven bedrooms - that'll give you more guest rooms than usual as well, which I think will be helpful. I also planned for a larger, more substantial kitchen, and a tea room in addition to the normal dining room. Oh, and a study. I can't imagine how you live with no study."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #298 on: July 17, 2012, 10:28:41 PM »
>Nod with a pleased smile. "That should be quite enough of an upgrade."
>What do we know about what the village teahouse has to offer? We should probably treat them to what it has while they're here.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #299 on: July 18, 2012, 03:39:09 AM »
>Nod with a pleased smile. "That should be quite enough of an upgrade."
>What do we know about what the village teahouse has to offer? We should probably treat them to what it has while they're here.

(I'll admit I don't really know about teahouses... so if you could enlighten me a bit, that would be nice.)

Patchouli frowns a bit. "Are you sure? I can make it bigger. I could give you a figurative mansion in the village if you chose."