Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192987 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »
>"She's a reporter dear, she writes a newspaper. If it can even be called such. You see, she tends to embellish things, and even outright makes things up on occasion. So she's one of the less-respected sorts, and a Youkai I wouldn't mind knocking some sense into."
>Chuckle a bit. "But don't worry about that for now, she'll be off with what she's interested in."
>Close the windows if we haven't already.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:11 PM »
>"She's a reporter dear, she writes a newspaper. If it can even be called such. You see, she tends to embellish things, and even outright makes things up on occasion. So she's one of the less-respected sorts, and a Youkai I wouldn't mind knocking some sense into."
>Chuckle a bit. "But don't worry about that for now, she'll be off with what she's interested in."

Neneru nods. "I'll keep her away from the village next time, just you watch!"

>Close the windows if we haven't already.

You move to close the windows, and as you turn back, you see Shiku gathering the dishes from the breakfast. You suppose breakfast is over. Kaki's pulled open that book on Magic you let her borrow and is reading it quite intently.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2012, 05:40:19 PM »
>We've got all the windows closed right? so no wind can get in or out?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2012, 05:41:10 PM »
>We've got all the windows closed right? so no wind can get in or out?

The house is sealed tight.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Poor dear, she forgot that I can eat history."
>Look to the girls with an amused grin. "I ate the history of the pictures she took."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2012, 05:48:52 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Poor dear, she forgot that I can eat history."
>Look to the girls with an amused grin. "I ate the history of the pictures she took."

Neneru just gives you a blank look from the table, unfortunately, but Kaki chuckles herself a bit. "Just wait until she gets back and checks the camera... oh, it'd be great if we could watch, wouldn't it?" Shiku says, chuckling as well. Neneru's looking rather helplessly confused right now. "Wait... huh? You ate the pictures?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #246 on: July 16, 2012, 05:55:58 PM »
>Smile. "My power in this state is to consume and obscure History. Such as what we just had for breakfast, or how dirty the dishes got. I can consume the history of those dishes being used. It doesn't outright destroy things, merely makes it so nobody knows it was there anymore. I suspect Aya will have quite the rude awakening when she checks for film."
>"However, when in my Hakutaku Form, I can completely create new history. Such as the dishes being different from the original, or you three having different hair color. But don't worry, I'm probably the most responsible person in Gensokyo, short of maybe Yukari. Because unlike most, I know that with great power, comes great responsibility."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 06:06:08 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #247 on: July 16, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »
>Smile. "My power in this state is to consume and obscure History. Such as what we just had for breakfast, or how dirty the dishes got. I can consume the history of those dishes being used. It doesn't outright destroy things, merely makes it so nobody knows it was there anymore. I suspect Aya will have quite the rude awakening when she checks for film."
>"However, when in my Hakutaku Form, I can completely create new history. Such as the dishes being different from the original, or you three having different hair color. But don't worry, I'm probably the most responsible person in Gensokyo, short of maybe Yukari. Because unlike most, I know that with great power, comes great responsibility."

Neneru nods, still staring at you. Kaki just turns a page in her book. "So..." Neneru thinks for a moment before fistpalming. "Keine-sama has the coolest power of all then! But you're responsible enough not to use it for bad!"

Shiku stares out the closed window, watching the flow of foot traffic slowly increase outside. "So what are we waiting for anyway, Keine? Just for Patchouli to get here?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #248 on: July 16, 2012, 06:22:32 PM »
>Nod. "We'll go out to take care of the business with the elders first, and go from there."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #249 on: July 16, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »
>Nod. "We'll go out to take care of the business with the elders first, and go from there."

Shiku nods back with a smile. "Well, I'm ready to go, at least. Unless you need us to be more fancily dressed or something." Neneru bounces up to you with an idea. "Oooh! I could become a cat and I could ride on your shoulders! That'd be cool!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #250 on: July 16, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »
>Smile. "I was thinking about doing just that. We'll have to carry a spare outfit for you then, unless you can shift your clothing with you that is."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #251 on: July 16, 2012, 06:49:16 PM »
>Smile. "I was thinking about doing just that. We'll have to carry a spare outfit for you then, unless you can shift your clothing with you that is."

Neneru shakes her head and gives you a glowing cute smile. "Nope! I'm not nearly that good! But it's okay, cause you can just take my clothes once I transform right?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #252 on: July 16, 2012, 06:54:13 PM »
>Nod. "Alright then, let's do that."
>Look to Kaki. "I can carry the book  and your clothing if you want to do so as well?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #253 on: July 16, 2012, 06:58:37 PM »
>Nod. "Alright then, let's do that."
>Look to Kaki. "I can carry the book  and your clothing if you want to do so as well?"

Kaki smirks and nods. "That would probably be best - better to give the image of an adorable little fox than a dark magician child, wouldn't you say?" She stands up, sets the book calmly on your table, and... twirls a bit. In the spinning of clothing, you don't even see her transform, but you do see the small red fox bound out of the clothing, landing on the floor and walking over to you. Looking down, you see that Neneru has transformed while you were distracted, and is now a small brown kitten pawing at your leg. Shiku grins as she says, "They're so cute in their animal forms, aren't they?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #254 on: July 16, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
>Smile, and give both of them headpats. "Shiku, tidy up their clothes and put them in the bag, would you?"
>Let's pick Neneru up and carefully place her on our shoulder. We can deal with any damage her claws might cause.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #255 on: July 16, 2012, 07:43:30 PM »
>Smile, and give both of them headpats. "Shiku, tidy up their clothes and put them in the bag, would you?"
>Let's pick Neneru up and carefully place her on our shoulder. We can deal with any damage her claws might cause.

Shiku moves to fold the clothing before smoothly sliding it in the bookbag. You can tell she's done this before. Meanwhile, you move Neneru up onto your shoulder, where she balances herself quite neatly. Fortunately, she has her claws in right now, so you don't have to worry about that. Kaki paws up to you, giving you a look.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #256 on: July 16, 2012, 07:50:29 PM »
>Pick her up and put her on the other shoulder.
>"Alright, we should be ready to go now. Can you carry the bag, Shiku?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #257 on: July 16, 2012, 08:18:05 PM »
>Pick her up and put her on the other shoulder.
>"Alright, we should be ready to go now. Can you carry the bag, Shiku?"

Shiku grins. "Dangerous wild youkai, I think I can handle a bag," she says as she picks it up. With your help, Kaki makes it on to your other shoulder. You now look a bit like a pet scratching post.

Shiku opens the door for you, and steps outside. "Are you ready, Keine?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #258 on: July 16, 2012, 08:19:15 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, let's go."
>Let's make for the elders.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #259 on: July 16, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, let's go."
>Let's make for the elders.

The four... er... two... er... four of you? I guess. The four of you, you in the lead, walk to a somewhat larger building than the rest in the village. This is where the Council of Elders holds their court. Theoretically, they have absolute power in the village, but in actuality they're rather constrained by public will. You'll still want to convince them, though.

The two guardsmen stand aside for you and open the door, whereupon you enter the room. You enter the court of the Council, where you see the five rather wizened elders just finishing up a case. One of them beckons to you. "Keine, as always, we hear your words. What do you bring before us today?" He says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #260 on: July 16, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »
>"Not much, other than that I ended up resolving a small incident, and obtaining Shikigami to aid in that endeavor."
>Gesture towards Shiku, and the two on our shoulders. "These are the Shikigami in question. I've stated in the contract that they are to protect the village, just as I do."
>"They provided much-needed information in resolving the aforementioned incident, and were generally helpful."
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:04:47 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #261 on: July 16, 2012, 11:50:42 PM »
>"Not much, other than that I ended up resolving a small incident, and obtaining Shikigami to aid in that endeavor."
>Gesture towards Shiku, and the two on our shoulders. "These are the Shikigami in question. I've stated in the contract that they are to protect the village, just as I do."
>"They provided much-needed information in resolving the aforementioned incident, and were generally helpful."

One of the elders shouts "Youkai!? In our village!?" but is shouted down by another of the elder's in quick reaction. "Keine is our protector and ally! She wouldn't foolishly endanger us, you know this, Jonil!" You can only watch as the two of them start to venomously argue. Meanwhile, the oldest and presumably highest-ranked of the elders steps down to speak with you.

"I apologize for the ruckus above... Jonil and Yune, as you well know, never got along together. However, this does break with many traditions, as you must understand. And I am still not sure what question you have of us. If it is that they may stay here, then if you do not lie, and they are truly under your command, then I would personally see no problem with it." Then he gives you a sly wink. "And you know my influence carries far."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #262 on: July 16, 2012, 11:58:09 PM »
>Smile back. "They'll be staying in my home, all that is needed is a slight pay increase to support them. They're good kids, they just need a little guidance."
>"Oh, and a friend of mine who I saved during the incident will be stopping by to enable my home to hold more guests. I can vouch for her being safe for the village, she was helpful in defeating the culprits."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #263 on: July 17, 2012, 12:50:40 AM »
>Smile back. "They'll be staying in my home, all that is needed is a slight pay increase to support them. They're good kids, they just need a little guidance."
>"Oh, and a friend of mine who I saved during the incident will be stopping by to enable my home to hold more guests. I can vouch for her being safe for the village, she was helpful in defeating the culprits."

The elder gives you a helpful smile. "I'm certain that can be arranged. Who exactly is this person? Perhaps I will know of her."

Meanwhile, the two arguers have gotten to arguing over how much you help the village. In particular, you hear the line "She sure helps us more than you do!" and a shocked "I'm a member of the council, you don't speak to me that way!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #264 on: July 17, 2012, 12:56:21 AM »
>Sigh. "Those two never stop, do they?"
>"But at any rate, I happen to have earned a favor from the mansion near the Misty Lake, so Patchouli Knowledge will be visiting later today. I happen to have had a rather nice conversation with her, so I know her to not be a troublemaking sort. After all, she too is a scholar."
>"It would take far too much time and resources to rebuild my home to have a proper size for four or more people, so I called in the favor I had earned, and asked about magics to make a building bigger on the inside. Which is why she'll be visiting."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2012, 01:10:11 AM »
>Sigh. "Those two never stop, do they?"

"No, I'm afraid not," the elder sighs. "If you watch closely, it's really a three-person council and then two mindless arguers. But things still get done, I suppose."

>"But at any rate, I happen to have earned a favor from the mansion near the Misty Lake, so Patchouli Knowledge will be visiting later today. I happen to have had a rather nice conversation with her, so I know her to not be a troublemaking sort. After all, she too is a scholar."
>"It would take far too much time and resources to rebuild my home to have a proper size for four or more people, so I called in the favor I had earned, and asked about magics to make a building bigger on the inside. Which is why she'll be visiting."

The elder nods. "I wouldn't be against that, so long as she remained in your company. We've made exceptions for Ran before, after all, among others. I'll send word along to the guards, if you can only provide me a simplistic description. Does she have something unique in her appearance to tell her apart, perhaps?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2012, 01:29:56 AM »
>"Long purple hair, wears mostly purple clothing. Always has a book with her at any given time."
>"But at any rate, she should be by sometime today."
>Gesture towards Shiku. "This is Shiku, the eldest of the three. She's rather like the teenagers of the village are, brash, outspoken, and a little bit rebellious. She means well though."
>Set Neneru and Kaki down. "Shiku, take these two to another room so they can get changed so they can properly be introduced."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »
>"Long purple hair, wears mostly purple clothing. Always has a book with her at any given time."
>"But at any rate, she should be by sometime today."

The elder nods with a friendly smile. "That shouldn't be a problem. And the three here with you?"

>Gesture towards Shiku. "This is Shiku, the eldest of the three. She's rather like the teenagers of the village are, brash, outspoken, and a little bit rebellious. She means well though."

Shiku steps forward, offering a handshake a grin. The elder gladly returns it. "I'm certain you'll get along well with the village, Shiku. If you ever need help, just come to me, okay?" Shiku nods and releases the handshake. "Sure thing, not that I need any help. Wild, evil, dangerous youkai, you know," she says with a grin. Fortunately, the elder has a good sense of humor and laughs along with her.

>Set Neneru and Kaki down. "Shiku, take these two to another room so they can get changed so they can properly be introduced."

Shiku nods. "It won't be but a moment, okay?" Both you and the elder nod as she takes the two animals in her arms and heads off towards a side door.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2012, 02:05:44 AM »
>Smile in a pleased way. "They're good kids really, they just need a little guidance."
>Let's wait for them to return.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2012, 02:25:17 AM »
>Smile in a pleased way. "They're good kids really, they just need a little guidance."
>Let's wait for them to return.

It doesn't take long for them to come back out, Neneru with a confident grin and Kaki with her book held up so that it obscured half her face. Probably just still bashful. Neneru rushes forward and gives the elder a hug, fortunately a light one. "Hi! I'm Neneru! I'm kind of like Shiku's little sis but not really, and, uh, and I live with Keine-sama now! And this is Kaki! But she doesn't like to talk much around strangers. You know, you're kind of old. If a youkai looked like you she'd be over 1500! Well, not really, because youkai don't really visib--" she is again shut up by Shiku, as gently as possible of course, who gives an apologetic glance to the friendly elder. He just waves it off with a smile, however before turning to you.

"Yes, it certainly seems like you have a rather excitable companion there. I'm assuming these shikigami will assist you with teaching as well as with guarding the village?"