Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192986 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #210 on: July 15, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
>Sigh a bit. Sometimes that girl can be such a handful..
>Smile. "You need sleep as well, Shiku. Let's see about finding a place for you to sleep as well, hm? I have to get that sorted out before I go to sleep after all."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2012, 04:23:26 PM »
>Sigh a bit. Sometimes that girl can be such a handful..
>Smile. "You need sleep as well, Shiku. Let's see about finding a place for you to sleep as well, hm? I have to get that sorted out before I go to sleep after all."

Shiku waves her hand in dismissal. "I'll just go and sleep under the kotatsu. I assure you, I'm used to far worse sleeping conditions." Then a bit of a roguish grin. "I am a dangerous wild youkai of the Forest of Magic, after all," she jokes.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »
>Chuckle a bit, and return the grin. "Alright then, the Kotatsu should be just fine then."
>May as well head for our bed too.
>But stop partway to look back at Shiku with that same grin. "Oh, you only saw what I looked like on the full moon, you should see what I'm capable of on that time as well."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2012, 04:43:04 PM »
>Chuckle a bit, and return the grin. "Alright then, the Kotatsu should be just fine then."
>May as well head for our bed too.
>But stop partway to look back at Shiku with that same grin. "Oh, you only saw what I looked like on the full moon, you should see what I'm capable of on that time as well."

Shiku's already slipping into the kotatsu, but grins nonetheless. "Until the full moon, then? But you really should probably get some sleep, Keine." You take her advice.

You wake up to the sight of the sun just beginning to stream into your window. The lack of sound outside your bedroom door would seem to indicate that no one else is awake.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #214 on: July 15, 2012, 04:45:20 PM »
>Let's get woke up, cleaned up, and then set to making breakfast.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #215 on: July 15, 2012, 05:38:53 PM »
>Let's get woke up, cleaned up, and then set to making breakfast.

You spend a little bit of time cleaning yourself up. After the last few days, it would probably be helpful to look nice.  After that, you move out toward the kitchen area, where you can see Shiku blissfully sleeping under the kotatsu. You notice that while sleeping, she almost manages to look like a young teenager. But that's not important now as you set to the kitchen for breakfast. You usually go to the market and get some fresh fruits for breakfast, but you have some supplies at home to prepare something as well.

What do?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #216 on: July 15, 2012, 05:41:20 PM »
>Chuckle a bit, and see what we have to work with.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2012, 06:09:55 PM »
>Chuckle a bit, and see what we have to work with.

Of course you have the usual stocks of rice, which you could eat plain or mix with a couple of eggs for porridge. Speaking of eggs, an omelet might be nice as well. And then of course you keep a stock of the usual fruits that can be kept for a while easily, such as grapes, peaches, and of course nashi and dried kaki, along with a small pile of oranges.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #218 on: July 15, 2012, 06:12:43 PM »
>Chuckle. So she's named after a foodstuff is she? Well, we can't complain can we?
>Let's make some omelets with rice. And an orange on the side. The girls should wake up easily enough when they smell the food.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #219 on: July 15, 2012, 06:33:50 PM »
>Chuckle. So she's named after a foodstuff is she? Well, we can't complain can we?
>Let's make some omelets with rice. And an orange on the side. The girls should wake up easily enough when they smell the food.

You start mixing breakfast, and it doesn't take long for the smell of cooking eggs and rice to waft into the bedroom. It doesn't take long after that for Neneru to jump out, almost drooling. "Breakfast time already! Yay!" she says rather loudly. Behind her, you can see Kaki rubbing her eyes on the bed - not quite ready yet. Shiku is just barely stirring, and you get the feeling it was Neneru's noise that woke her up.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #220 on: July 15, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Yes girls, it's time for breakfast, so go get washed up."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2012, 06:48:01 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Yes girls, it's time for breakfast, so go get washed up."

Shiku sighs, unwrapping herself from the Kotatsu before sleepily standing up. The three of them head off into the washroom to prepare while you finish up breakfast. It doesn't take long for you to set everything up, and the four of you enjoy a nice breakfast. Shiku's the first to speak.

"So, Keine, what's the plan for today?" she asks. She never does seem to use the honorific like most shikigami, but you can't really fault her - you never specified she should.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #222 on: July 15, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »
>"Well, first off, we need to meet with the elders to explain the situation. Then, meet with patchouli for the house expansion, provided things go well enough."
>Smile. "Besides, there's someone I know of who happens to both be a youkai, and a hit with the children. Alice Margatroid, one of the magicians we saved. Her puppetshows are quite popular you know. And I happen to know that cats and the like are also a hit with the children."
>Pause.
>"That reminds me, most beast-type animal youkai can change back to their animal forms at will, or so I've heard."

(Yay shoulderpets!)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #223 on: July 15, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »
>"Well, first off, we need to meet with the elders to explain the situation. Then, meet with patchouli for the house expansion, provided things go well enough."

Neneru nods. "Yay, the purple lady's gonna come here! But... what situation are you talking about?" It seems she's forgotten already.

>Smile. "Besides, there's someone I know of who happens to both be a youkai, and a hit with the children. Alice Margatroid, one of the magicians we saved. Her puppetshows are quite popular you know. And I happen to know that cats and the like are also a hit with the children."
>Pause.
>"That reminds me, most beast-type animal youkai can change back to their animal forms at will, or so I've heard."

(Yay shoulderpets!)

(Huh?)

Kaki nods. "It's not as easy as you think, but it can be done. The only problem is clothing - unless you're pretty highly skilled, it doesn't tend to carry with you."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #224 on: July 15, 2012, 07:18:46 PM »
(Essentially, Neneru and Kaki use their animal forms, and they ride on Keine's shoulders! I do it all the time with my pets. Dogs excluded.)

>Nod. "Well, you'll just have to get better at it then, won't you? Good thing I can probably talk Ran and Chen into teaching you two how to do it."
>"Anyhow, the situation is this. Most humans in the village aren't fond of youkai, and the most vocal about it are the village elders. I myself have no trouble with them, as long as they don't cause trouble. Such as you three. However, since you three are now classified as Shikigami, that would make you an exception to most perceptions, considering that having a Shikigami is seen as a mark of power, due to the costs needed to maintain them. However, since you three were generally weak before then, the costs aren't nearly as high as one would think. Currently, only two people hold Shikigami aside from myself, one of which is, as I explained prior, a Shikigami herself. Reimu had once had an interest in obtaining one herself, though I don't know how that went."

>Chuckle a bit. "Come to think of it, the Shikigami contract between Ran and Chen is supposedly somewhat flawed. Apparently if Chen gets wet, she turns into her cat state, and loses most of her power."
>Grin a bit. "I suppose that means I've got one advantage over her now. Because our contract is quite solid I believe."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #225 on: July 15, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »
(Essentially, Neneru and Kaki use their animal forms, and they ride on Keine's shoulders! I do it all the time with my pets. Dogs excluded.)

>Nod. "Well, you'll just have to get better at it then, won't you? Good thing I can probably talk Ran and Chen into teaching you two how to do it."
>"Anyhow, the situation is this. Most humans in the village aren't fond of youkai, and the most vocal about it are the village elders. I myself have no trouble with them, as long as they don't cause trouble. Such as you three. However, since you three are now classified as Shikigami, that would make you an exception to most perceptions, considering that having a Shikigami is seen as a mark of power, due to the costs needed to maintain them. However, since you three were generally weak before then, the costs aren't nearly as high as one would think. Currently, only two people hold Shikigami aside from myself, one of which is, as I explained prior, a Shikigami herself. Reimu had once had an interest in obtaining one herself, though I don't know how that went."

(Haha, brilliant.)

Neneru nods. "I don't really get all of what you said... but you're basically saying we just need to go to these old people and tell them that even if we're youkai, we're Keine-sama's shikigami so it's okay for us to be here, right?"

>Chuckle a bit. "Come to think of it, the Shikigami contract between Ran and Chen is supposedly somewhat flawed. Apparently if Chen gets wet, she turns into her cat state, and loses most of her power."
>Grin a bit. "I suppose that means I've got one advantage over her now. Because our contract is quite solid I believe."

Shiku grins. "I wouldn't go pressing that too hard if you're trying to get her to help you, though. But then, you probably know Ran better than I do."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #226 on: July 15, 2012, 07:33:33 PM »
>Nod. "Essentially, though it might take more than just that. We might have to prove to them that you'll protect the village when it's needed."
>"Not that it needs to be proven, as the contract states as such. Though when humans get old, they tend to get rather stubborn."
>Do the villagers know that Alice is a Youkai?

>Smile. "I was simply making an amusing observation."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2012, 07:36:59 PM »
>Nod. "Essentially, though it might take more than just that. We might have to prove to them that you'll protect the village when it's needed."
>"Not that it needs to be proven, as the contract states as such. Though when humans get old, they tend to get rather stubborn."

Neneru laughs. "I think old youkai get like that too."

>Do the villagers know that Alice is a Youkai?

They know she's a magician, although they haven't quite made the connection between magician and youkai yet - largely because the only other magician they've had regular contact with is Marisa, who's definitely human.

>Smile. "I was simply making an amusing observation."

Shiku grins. "I figured."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #228 on: July 15, 2012, 07:47:16 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "True, Shiku is rather stubborn after all. Even though she's young for a Youkai. Though most Youkai I've seen that could be considered old are largely just eccentric, or irritating. Aya in particular. But then again, she annoys everyone."
>Make the 'I-have-met-excalibur' face. "She's one of the few Youkai I can't stop, simply because she's too fast to be caught. The fact that she tends to annoy people to no end doesn't help her case any. Nevermind that she's a Tengu."

(If you know Soul Eater, which you might, then you know what I'm talking about.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #229 on: July 15, 2012, 10:43:51 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "True, Shiku is rather stubborn after all. Even though she's young for a Youkai. Though most Youkai I've seen that could be considered old are largely just eccentric, or irritating. Aya in particular. But then again, she annoys everyone."
>Make the 'I-have-met-excalibur' face. "She's one of the few Youkai I can't stop, simply because she's too fast to be caught. The fact that she tends to annoy people to no end doesn't help her case any. Nevermind that she's a Tengu."

(If you know Soul Eater, which you might, then you know what I'm talking about.)

(Not really, but I looked it up and have a pretty good idea what you mean.)

Neneru headtilts. "What's she do that's so annoying, Keine-sama?" Shiku chuckles, adding "can't be worse than these elders, surely. I haven't even met 'em and I don't like 'em." Then she pauses and chuckles. "I guess that's fair, since they feel the same about me evidently."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #230 on: July 15, 2012, 10:50:34 PM »
>"Well, let's just say she's nosy, we'll leave it at that. She also has a tendency to show up where she's least wanted."
>Pause.
>"Come to think of it, you might actually be able to disrupt her means of movement with your ability to fool around with air pressure. You see, she's a Crow Tengu, they rely on the wind to move as fast as they do. So thusly, if you remove what powers the wind, you remove her power."
>Sigh. "Here's hoping she doesn't show up, she has a tendency to show up whenever she's being talked about too much as well."

(Tengu gather their news by using what they hear on the wind. So thus, it's a very real matter of 'Speak, and the Devil comes.')
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #231 on: July 16, 2012, 03:48:07 AM »
>"Well, let's just say she's nosy, we'll leave it at that. She also has a tendency to show up where she's least wanted."
>Pause.
>"Come to think of it, you might actually be able to disrupt her means of movement with your ability to fool around with air pressure. You see, she's a Crow Tengu, they rely on the wind to move as fast as they do. So thusly, if you remove what powers the wind, you remove her power."
>Sigh. "Here's hoping she doesn't show up, she has a tendency to show up whenever she's being talked about too much as well."

(Tengu gather their news by using what they hear on the wind. So thus, it's a very real matter of 'Speak, and the Devil comes.')

(Interesting. I shall have to apply this in the subsequent post.)

"So then, doesn't this make for an interesting article?" You hear a voice from the window. Of course you had to hope she wouldn't show up. Of course you did. The grinning crow tengu hops into the house that she was never invited in. "Let's see... 'Human Protector takes in Youkai, Public Shocked', maybe? Think it'll sell?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #232 on: July 16, 2012, 06:18:36 AM »
>"Only if the public actually is shocked. I think this will make a good enough story without any... 'embellishment'. If it's shocked reactions you want, I'm sure the elders will provide those when I inform them."
>"Report only what truly happens, and the people will find it all the more interesting."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #233 on: July 16, 2012, 01:34:09 PM »
>"Only if the public actually is shocked. I think this will make a good enough story without any... 'embellishment'. If it's shocked reactions you want, I'm sure the elders will provide those when I inform them."

Aya grins. "Good to hear! Shock always makes the most quotable lines, you know.  Hm... 'Elders Stunned by Teacher's Shikigami Decision', maybe? Oh, and great work in the forest, it'll make a great article!"

>"Report only what truly happens, and the people will find it all the more interesting."

"Aww," she pretends to sigh, "but you miss out on the best opportunities that way. Like the article I wrote about Marisa and Alice being in love, remember?" You do - it was the story that caused a mini-incident as Marisa stormed the Tengu lands. Aya managed to get another story out of it, but the general consensus is that the whole article was a bit reprehensible. "You just can't let truth get in the way of a good article. Oh, that reminds me," she continues as she all of a sudden snaps a picture of the
four of you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #234 on: July 16, 2012, 03:37:09 PM »
>Of course she'd do something like this during breakfast....She's lucky she's fast.
>We could possibly eat the history of her camera, couldn't we?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #235 on: July 16, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »
>Of course she'd do something like this during breakfast....She's lucky she's fast.
>We could possibly eat the history of her camera, couldn't we?

You could, but you're not sure that would be such a good idea. It would be like taking Youmu's swords or Sakuya's knives away from her - you aren't sure you want to know what she'd do in that situation.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #236 on: July 16, 2012, 03:42:58 PM »
>We'll just eat the history of film she just used then.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #237 on: July 16, 2012, 03:52:44 PM »
>We'll just eat the history of film she just used then.

You eat the history of the film, destroying it inside the camera. Aya doesn't seem to notice. She does give you a curious look, but shrugs it off. "So, when are you gonna go meet the elders anyway? I need to be there, for obvious reasons."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »
>Smile Enigmatically. "Oh, don't you worry about that. I'll get to that once I've got some other things attended to."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2012, 04:00:37 PM »
>Smile Enigmatically. "Oh, don't you worry about that. I'll get to that once I've got some other things attended to."

Aya shrugs. "Your call, I suppose. Anyway, I got my picture," the one you erased, presumably, "and so I'm out of here. The news can't wait!" With that, she jumps backwards out the window and rockets away from the village at full speed. Which for Aya is a lot. Neneru is tugging your sleeve.

"Why'd she take a picture of us? I didn't get that."