Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192998 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
>Smile. "I just thought to consider the wisdom of someone respected. It always helps to have a second perspective on things after all."
>Administer headpats to Neneru.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
>Smile. "I just thought to consider the wisdom of someone respected. It always helps to have a second perspective on things after all."
>Administer headpats to Neneru.

Neneru almost seems to be melting with all of these headpats you're giving her, and has slid down into a sitting position, her back against your leg. Satori and Shiku and even Mokou smile at the whole scene. "I can't say I know too much about Sakuya, unfortunately," Satori sighs, "but Yakumo Ran has surely trained Chen, so she cannot be anything but a good choice.  That is, if you can pry her away from Yukari for long," she gives a small grin, "and who knows how hard that might be?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2012, 07:42:46 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. She sure is cute.
>"Well, I have a plan for that. I simply need to locate Chen. But that can be done tomorrow, when everyone's rested."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. She sure is cute.
>"Well, I have a plan for that. I simply need to locate Chen. But that can be done tomorrow, when everyone's rested."

Satori smiles. "We'll see, I suppose. Will you require the services of Chireiden, or will you be able to make it home tonight without a problem?"

It's currently rather late evening, although you wouldn't classify it as true "night" yet.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2012, 07:48:01 PM »
>Smile. "I think we can make it home safely. Until next visit then?"
>Let's leave Chireiden, and make for the Pillar.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
>Smile. "I think we can make it home safely. Until next visit then?"
>Let's leave Chireiden, and make for the Pillar.

Satori smiles. "Until next time."

The five of you leave Chireiden. Due to how much affection she got, Neneru had to be carried a bit of the way, but she's walking by the time you reach the pillar. There, you see Yuugi taking the rare nap at the base of the pillar - well, a nap for her, you suppose. She's still awake, but relaxed at least.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »
>Wave. "Hello again!"
>Look to the three. "Now, do not go through the courtyard, down here that means you're looking to fight someone to the death."
>Let's head over, but be careful to not go into the courtyard.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2012, 07:56:50 PM »
>Wave. "Hello again!"
>Look to the three. "Now, do not go through the courtyard, down here that means you're looking to fight someone to the death."
>Let's head over, but be careful to not go into the courtyard.

Your shikigami nod as you step carefully to approach Yuugi. She gives you a grin and a wave. "Ya know Keine, if you're gonna be down here so often you should move in somewhere! We've got a great atmosphere ya know!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2012, 08:00:52 PM »
>Chuckle. "Sorry, but I have to live on the surface, I work up there after all."
>Look to Mokou and Shiku. "Show her what we found in the Tower."
>Look back to Yuugi. "I think this will have importance of some sort to Parsee. She will likely be the only one who can read it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2012, 08:35:13 PM »
>Chuckle. "Sorry, but I have to live on the surface, I work up there after all."
>Look to Mokou and Shiku. "Show her what we found in the Tower."
>Look back to Yuugi. "I think this will have importance of some sort to Parsee. She will likely be the only one who can read it."

Mokou hands Yuugi the box, and Yuugi opens it in confusion. "So... uh... what is it? Some sorta game maybe? I guess Parsee'd be the one to talk to, if you're right... seein' how she used to live here and all. I could try askin' her about it tomorrow if you'd like." Then another grin. "I see ya visited the library again. Find anythin' good like ya did last time?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2012, 04:20:08 AM »
>Nod. "A book on magic for Kaki, and several books about Ninjas for Neneru. But yes, as it's a game, it should be a means to warm her back up."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #191 on: July 15, 2012, 04:40:48 AM »
Yuugi grins. "Haven't played any games outside of fightin' in a while. Sounds like it'll be fun! You should come back down in a few days, I might even be able to show ya how to play! Well, if the girl warms up to me at any rate. Shouldn't be a bother of that, I've never failed at making a friend, ya know. Ya got anythin' else interestin' or should I actually start lookin' in that tower myself?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2012, 04:44:53 AM »
>Shrug with a smile. "Who knows what you'll find in there? Maybe you'll even find old texts about hand-to-hand combat."
>Pause.
>"Ah, do let me know if you do find any in there, Shiku can get plenty of use out of them as well."
>"Well, at any rate, I do hope that game can help bring her back into things. She's had quite a lot of pain, just be careful that she doesn't try to regain rule, it might end up a messy affair. Someone with as long a life as hers should be enjoying things, not causing trouble."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #193 on: July 15, 2012, 05:19:02 AM »
>Shrug with a smile. "Who knows what you'll find in there? Maybe you'll even find old texts about hand-to-hand combat."
>Pause.
>"Ah, do let me know if you do find any in there, Shiku can get plenty of use out of them as well."

Yuugi grins. "Sure thing... after I've read 'em first, of course. Can't have some youngster knowing more than me in a subject. ya know?" She grins at Shiku, who gives a playful grin back.

>"Well, at any rate, I do hope that game can help bring her back into things. She's had quite a lot of pain, just be careful that she doesn't try to regain rule, it might end up a messy affair. Someone with as long a life as hers should be enjoying things, not causing trouble."

Yuugi nods. "Of course, the hard part'll be gettin' her off that bridge first. But I wouldn't worry too much - between Satori and me, this city doesn't need a leader, and I'm usually convincing enough to make people understand that without hurtin' 'em. Ya know what I mean?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2012, 05:23:38 AM »
>Nod. "True. Well, we'll leave you to enjoying yourself. It's getting late, and children need their sleep after all."
>Bow politely. "Until next time."
>Let's make for the surface once more!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #195 on: July 15, 2012, 05:44:45 AM »
>Nod. "True. Well, we'll leave you to enjoying yourself. It's getting late, and children need their sleep after all."
>Bow politely. "Until next time."
>Let's make for the surface once more!

Yuugi doesn't quite bow, as she's currently sitting against the pillar at the moment, but she does give you a toast with her sake dish.

"Until next time! Which better be soon, ya hear?"

You begin the mercifully short journey towards the surface. As you go near the blowhole, you notice that the Kisume bucket is still there, but is apparently empty this time. A closer inspection reveals the little girl curled up in the bucket, sleeping. Very, very cute, but not quite why you're here. You DO notice Yamame... barely, as she's blending in really well with the rocks, watching you from a corner. Well, watching anyone who comes down, but you're here right now.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #196 on: July 15, 2012, 05:50:53 AM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Hello again Yamame. I was actually hoping to run into you this time."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #197 on: July 15, 2012, 05:53:17 AM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Hello again Yamame. I was actually hoping to run into you this time."

Yamame chuckles, but doesn't move. "I can't honestly say I was hoping you'd stop by, but I certainly don't mind the visit. It's good that you survived the Underground, anyway - not many humans do."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #198 on: July 15, 2012, 06:00:35 AM »
>Smile. "I happen to be on good terms with most of the notables....Excluding Parsee that is. But is anyone ever on good terms with her?"
>"At any rate, I found an interesting book in the Tower Library. It talked about an Ancestor of yours in fact. Gome Kurodani. According to the rumors in the book, she was not only a popular singer, but had a spell cast so that her descendants would also be talented singers. When I heard you were also a popular singer, I concluded that it might not have been a rumor."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #199 on: July 15, 2012, 06:02:38 AM »
>Smile. "I happen to be on good terms with most of the notables....Excluding Parsee that is. But is anyone ever on good terms with her?"
>"At any rate, I found an interesting book in the Tower Library. It talked about an Ancestor of yours in fact. Gome Kurodani. According to the rumors in the book, she was not only a popular singer, but had a spell cast so that her descendants would also be talented singers. When I heard you were also a popular singer, I concluded that it might not have been a rumor."

Yamame shrugs. "It's just a rumor, I'm afraid, the kind that spread in large cities. I'm a good singer by practice, not by some ancestor's spell. I hope I didn't disappoint you." She chuckles. "Perhaps sometime you should visit the city for one of my performances."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #200 on: July 15, 2012, 06:10:54 AM »
>Nod. "Well, according to the book, it said that it was meant to ensure that they would have the talent needed, so who can be sure? The only person who's been around since then is Parsee, and she's not one to talk."
>Smile. "But perhaps I will come down sometime this summer, the kids of the village are all on break, so I don't need to worry about teaching them."
>Beat.
>"Ah, these three are my new Shikigami. Shiku, Neneru, and Kaki. I found them while investigating things, and took a shine to them."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #201 on: July 15, 2012, 06:41:51 AM »
>Nod. "Well, according to the book, it said that it was meant to ensure that they would have the talent needed, so who can be sure? The only person who's been around since then is Parsee, and she's not one to talk."

Yamame chuckles. "If you say so. I won't claim to know the answer myself, to be honest."

>Smile. "But perhaps I will come down sometime this summer, the kids of the village are all on break, so I don't need to worry about teaching them."
>Beat.
>"Ah, these three are my new Shikigami. Shiku, Neneru, and Kaki. I found them while investigating things, and took a shine to them."

She nods at the three. "Good to hear. I can't give any advice, so I'll just wish you well in that." A small, almost undetectable smirk. "Shouldn't be too much trouble for you. Four youkai that stick together are hard to stop."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #202 on: July 15, 2012, 06:46:46 AM »
>Return the slight smirk with a slight smirk of our own. "The villagers don't like Youkai much, but this way they'll have no choice but to accept it."
>Smile. "Well, it was nice talking with you again, until next time."
>Let's head for the village now, hopefully it hasn't been attacked while we were gone.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2012, 06:49:44 AM »
>Return the slight smirk with a slight smirk of our own. "The villagers don't like Youkai much, but this way they'll have no choice but to accept it."
>Smile. "Well, it was nice talking with you again, until next time."
>Let's head for the village now, hopefully it hasn't been attacked while we were gone.

Yamame gives you a nod as you head once more to the surface. It's already dark outside, but it doesn't take you too long to get to the village. As is normal when it's dark, the gates are closed (obviously you wouldn't want to fly in under cover of darkness, where it can't be seen that it's you). The guardsman, curious, gives you a wave.

"Ho, Keine! I see you've brought some youkai along with you this time. Recent captures, I'm assuming?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2012, 06:53:22 AM »
>Smile. "To a point. I've decided to take them as my Shikigami, to aid in defending the village. They've already proven to be relatively honest sorts really, and they agreed to the contract's stipulation of protecting the village."
>Administer headpats to Neneru. "Besides, these girls could use some moral guidance in their lives."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2012, 12:26:27 PM »
>Smile. "To a point. I've decided to take them as my Shikigami, to aid in defending the village. They've already proven to be relatively honest sorts really, and they agreed to the contract's stipulation of protecting the village."
>Administer headpats to Neneru. "Besides, these girls could use some moral guidance in their lives."

The guard sighs as he starts opening the gate system. "That's all well and good, but you do know how the elders are going to take it, don't you? It might be better to at least tell them that the youkai are captured, at least for a little while. If you think about it, it's not really a lie... but if you want to stand up to the elders, more power to you. I don't see a huge problem with it, especially if their contractually obligated to help defend us." He gives a small grin. "I can always use a bit of help, you know?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2012, 01:25:57 PM »
>Smile. "The elders shouldn't have too much trouble with it, the girls are obligated after all."
>"And for youkai, they're rather even-tempered and polite. In fact, they were rather helpful in resolving an incident."
>Grin. "Bet you never thought I'd end up doing that, hmm? Well, we'll be heading home for the time, even youkai need sleep after all."
>For now, we'll make for home.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:54:51 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
>Smile. "The elders shouldn't have too much trouble with it, the girls are obligated after all."
>"And for youkai, they're rather even-tempered and polite. In fact, they were rather helpful in resolving an incident."
>Grin. "Bet you never thought I'd end up doing that, hmm? Well, we'll be heading home for the time, even youkai need sleep after all."
>For now, we'll make for home.

The guard nods as he opens the gate. "I figure you'll want to be the one to tell people, so I'll keep quiet about the shikigami thing until you tell people yourself," he says as you head on into the village. It's late enough that the streets are nearly empty, and in the darkness hardly anyone notices the odd features of your shikigami. You soon make it to your house without much problem, where Mokou puts her hand on your shoulder.

"See ya for now, Keine," she says as you open the door. The three youkai start to head inside and inspect their new home.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2012, 03:25:14 PM »
>Nod. "Alright Mokou. Come by tomorrow if you want to, alright?"
>Wave goodbye to Mokou, and head on into the house.
>"It's a bit small for now, but it's home."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #209 on: July 15, 2012, 04:06:50 PM »
>Nod. "Alright Mokou. Come by tomorrow if you want to, alright?"

Mokou gives a roguish grin. "I'll see what I can do. Can't have Kaguya get too neglected, you know? She might actually get a lifespan of more than a week." With that and a vicious laugh, she flies off toward the forest.

>Wave goodbye to Mokou, and head on into the house.
>"It's a bit small for now, but it's home."

Shiku nods. "A bit small indeed... all right, let's see. Neneru, Kaki, you go sleep in the guest bed." The two smaller youkai obey her without any complaint, so Shiku turns to you. "And you should go to sleep as well. I can tell it's been a long day for you."