Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192986 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »
>Nod. "Interested in magic, are you? Rather interesting, given how young you are."
>Hmm... "If I may ask, what's your thoughts on dolls and puppets?"
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:56:06 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
>Nod. "Interested in magic, are you? Rather interesting, given how young you are."
>Hmm... "If I may ask, what's your thoughts on dolls and puppets?"

Kaki smiles. "I know what you're thinking, and I don't aim to be a dollmaster." She spins around a bit, giving a mischievous grin. "I'm a fox, don't you think my specialty would be lots and lots of fire?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
>Grin. "And illusions as well, naturally."
>Chuckle. "I suppose I'll have to see if I can't get in touch with Ran then, she would be the best fit for training you then. Like Mokou is for training Shiku, and Sakuya for Neneru, Ran would be the best option for you."
>Smile. "I think you'll get along with her, she happens to be a Nine-Tailed Fox you know, and also a Shikigami."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #153 on: July 14, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »
>Grin. "And illusions as well, naturally."
>Chuckle. "I suppose I'll have to see if I can't get in touch with Ran then, she would be the best fit for training you then. Like Mokou is for training Shiku, and Sakuya for Neneru, Ran would be the best option for you."
>Smile. "I think you'll get along with her, she happens to be a Nine-Tailed Fox you know, and also a Shikigami."

Kaki smiles and nods. "Of course, that makes sense. But you made it sound like she's difficult to get in touch with, didn't you? Why is that exactly?" She pauses before giving the more pertinent question: "And just how powerful do you have to be to take a nine-tailed fox as a shikigami!?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #154 on: July 14, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »
>Nod. "That is because she is Shikigami to one of the strongest Youkai in Gensokyo. Yukari Yakumo, Youkai of Boundaries. As such, due to how difficult Yukari herself is to get in touch with, Ran is also as such. Though I believe if we find Chen, we can find Ran."
>Look to Neneru with a grin. "You'll get along with her, she's also a Cat-type Youkai."
>Pause for a moment, then laugh a bit. "Oh...I just realized something amusing that happened by pure chance!"
>"You see, you two are my Shikigami. But Chen is Ran's Shikigami, who is in turn Yukari's. Ran took the last name of Yakumo as well when she became a Shikigami, much as you took the Kamishirasawa name. It only just dawned on me that I ended up 'Pulling a Yukari'."
>Sigh amusedly. "I had better be careful that I don't start acting too much like my Youkai side, the villagers might not like it."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2012, 04:45:15 PM »
>Nod. "That is because she is Shikigami to one of the strongest Youkai in Gensokyo. Yukari Yakumo, Youkai of Boundaries. As such, due to how difficult Yukari herself is to get in touch with, Ran is also as such. Though I believe if we find Chen, we can find Ran."
>Look to Neneru with a grin. "You'll get along with her, she's also a Cat-type Youkai."
>Pause for a moment, then laugh a bit. "Oh...I just realized something amusing that happened by pure chance!"
>"You see, you two are my Shikigami. But Chen is Ran's Shikigami, who is in turn Yukari's. Ran took the last name of Yakumo as well when she became a Shikigami, much as you took the Kamishirasawa name. It only just dawned on me that I ended up 'Pulling a Yukari'."
>Sigh amusedly. "I had better be careful that I don't start acting too much like my Youkai side, the villagers might not like it."

Neneru's just staring at you, somewhat confused, but Kaki laughs along with you. "Ahaha... yes, I can see that." Then she gives a rather audible yawn. "Um... so you won't mind if I take the book with me then?" Neneru, you noticed, has already grabbed the other four, and although she's having a bit of a difficult time carrying them, she's pretty happy at least.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #156 on: July 14, 2012, 04:48:09 PM »
>We still have our bookbag, yes? Either way, carry a few of Neneru's books.
>"Not a problem at all, since you look to learn more. Knowledge is always a worthwhile pursuit."
>Chuckle a bit. "Now, let's go downstairs and make sure Mokou and Shiku haven't passed out, or made a drunken mess of the place."
>Let's go downstairs.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #157 on: July 14, 2012, 04:53:51 PM »
>We still have our bookbag, yes? Either way, carry a few of Neneru's books.
>"Not a problem at all, since you look to learn more. Knowledge is always a worthwhile pursuit."
>Chuckle a bit. "Now, let's go downstairs and make sure Mokou and Shiku haven't passed out, or made a drunken mess of the place."
>Let's go downstairs.

Kaki smiles happily as she takes up the book, while you take a few of Neneru's into your bag. She seems rather insistent on carrying the earth spider book, though, so you let her have that one. Downstairs, you find Shiku and Mokou bent deep in concentration over some sort of two-player board game that you don't recognize. There is a small box nearby from which they pulled the pieces that has some strange writing on it. You think it looks like the old Arabic language you once learned about, but you're really not sure.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #158 on: July 14, 2012, 04:55:30 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow, and go over to watch. "And just what are you two up to?"
>Let's have a closer examination of that box.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow, and go over to watch. "And just what are you two up to?"
>Let's have a closer examination of that box.

Mokou grunts, clearly deep in concentration. Shiku gives a bit more of a response. "We're trying to play this game... if it even is a game. Neither of us have any idea what to do, though."

Looking closer at the box, and with a bit of thought, you recognize the language as an ancient variant of Parsi. Of course, you still have no idea what it says, but there's only so many games from Persia that could be here.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2012, 05:01:27 PM »
>"...It's in Persian, a variant of Parsi to be exact. I don't have any of my books on hand to translate it. Let's try packing it up to show to Yuugi, she should be able to get it to Parsee."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2012, 05:06:17 PM »
>"...It's in Persian, a variant of Parsi to be exact. I don't have any of my books on hand to translate it. Let's try packing it up to show to Yuugi, she should be able to get it to Parsee."

Mokou sighs. "I guess we aren't getting anywhere by staring at the pieces, huh..." She and Shiku pack up the box, and Mokou carries it under her arm. Shiku gives the other two youkai a look before turning to you. "I see you found something for Neneru even, huh?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2012, 05:08:59 PM »
>Nod. "Indeed, mostly books on Ninjas. She certainly does enjoy the idea of being one."
>"We also figured out the perfect person to train Kaki. Ran Yakumo, Shikigami of Yukari Yakumo. As Ran is also a Fox-type, she is the logical choice. The main issue is coming into contact with her."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »
>Nod. "Indeed, mostly books on Ninjas. She certainly does enjoy the idea of being one."
>"We also figured out the perfect person to train Kaki. Ran Yakumo, Shikigami of Yukari Yakumo. As Ran is also a Fox-type, she is the logical choice. The main issue is coming into contact with her."

Mokou nods at this. "Yo Keine, isn't Chen supposed to be at Mayohiga usually? She wasn't there last we were... I wonder where she'd gotten off to, or why she'd left. Just sayin', there could be some interesting questions there." She seems to be almost sober now compared to how she was when you left the restaurant... thankfully. Shiku steps to the entrance of the building before turning to the rest of your group. "So where are we heading off now?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #164 on: July 14, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »
>"Well, first we need to find Yuugi. You remember her from earlier, yes? She should be able to deliver the box to Parsee. I believe Satori can help on that, we need to inform her of what went on anyhow, and you've already sobered up Mokou."
>Nod. "Then we go back to Mayohiga for a closer investigation."
>pause.
>"Come to think of it, she was with Ran when we went to fight the Watatsuki Sisters and their forces. I wonder..."
>Nod. "Yes, we should definitely investigate."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #165 on: July 14, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
>"Well, first we need to find Yuugi. You remember her from earlier, yes? She should be able to deliver the box to Parsee. I believe Satori can help on that, we need to inform her of what went on anyhow, and you've already sobered up Mokou."
>Nod. "Then we go back to Mayohiga for a closer investigation."
>pause.
>"Come to think of it, she was with Ran when we went to fight the Watatsuki Sisters and their forces. I wonder..."
>Nod. "Yes, we should definitely investigate."

Shiku nods. "Thankfully we're used to long hours without much sleep - I hope you are too, though, Keine. It sounds like the aftereffects of the last incident still aren't done yet." You give a glance to Neneru, who's yawning again. Mokou, on the other hand, grins. "I dunno about you, Keine... but I'm having a lot of fun with all this. I should stick around you more often, eh?" Neglecting the fact that the only person she sees more than you is Kaguya...

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #166 on: July 14, 2012, 05:37:12 PM »
>Nod. "Well then, off to Chireiden."
>Let's go!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #167 on: July 14, 2012, 05:46:43 PM »
>Nod. "Well then, off to Chireiden."
>Let's go!

The five of you head to Chireiden. It's not a long journey, and you quickly find yourself inside the gates. Unfortunately, neither Rin nor Utsuho are there to greet you, but there is a strange new figure. She looks a lot like Satori, but with blue hair and different clothing - and her third eye is closed. She waves excitedly to you as she floats over to where you are.

"Hiiiii! Are you the ones that big sis wanted to see?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #168 on: July 14, 2012, 05:53:18 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "So, you must be related to Satori then? Well, we did come to see her, so I can tell she was likely expecting us to show up soon."
>What do we know about anyone related to Satori? Aside from Okuu and Orin that is.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #169 on: July 14, 2012, 05:56:40 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow. "So, you must be related to Satori then? Well, we did come to see her, so I can tell she was likely expecting us to show up soon."

The girl giggles and floats into the air. "Well come on in, then! Big sis is waiting for you!" She moves to open the front door, but doesn't enter it herself, instead apparently choosing to float around above it.

>What do we know about anyone related to Satori? Aside from Okuu and Orin that is.

You know that a sister exists, but you know very little about her, other than, from what Sanae told you once, she's an extremely powerful opponent who just doesn't seem to care much about anything.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #170 on: July 14, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »
>Well, as long as she doesn't stir anything up, it'll be fine. She seems like a good kid anyways, if a bit excitable.
>Nod, and enter. "Alright then."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #171 on: July 14, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
>Well, as long as she doesn't stir anything up, it'll be fine. She seems like a good kid anyways, if a bit excitable.
>Nod, and enter. "Alright then."

"Ehehe!" Koishi giggles as she floats into the air around the mansion. The five of you enter to the sight of a sighing Satori coming out of a side room. She gives the five of you a quick look with her third eye before speaking.

"I'm sorry about that - Koishi is hard to read and understand, but Orin is away at the moment and Okuu's busy, so I couldn't send anyone else. At least she didn't startle you, I suppose."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #172 on: July 14, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »
>Nod. "I can tell she's a good kid, if unpredictable and excitable."
>"At any rate, I thought we would report on what happened up on the surface. I would have sent for Utsuho, but I didn't want to leave the bamboo forest a smouldering crater."
>Smile. "Given your ability, words are not needed."
>Look to the others. "Shiku, Neneru, Kaki, this is Satori Komeiji, she serves as essentially the leader of the underground. Utsuho, who I mentioned earlier, is one of her pets. I suppose you could liken it to being like a Shikigami, only there's no contract."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2012, 06:23:12 PM »
>Nod. "I can tell she's a good kid, if unpredictable and excitable."
>"At any rate, I thought we would report on what happened up on the surface. I would have sent for Utsuho, but I didn't want to leave the bamboo forest a smouldering crater."
>Smile. "Given your ability, words are not needed."

After thinking for a moment, Satori nods back. "Yes, that would not have ended well. There is a reason little Okuu is forbidden from fighting outside of the Blazing Hell, after all. I must say, I'm surprised at the culprits and the manner, but in hindsight, it all makes sense, I suppose."

>Look to the others. "Shiku, Neneru, Kaki, this is Satori Komeiji, she serves as essentially the leader of the underground. Utsuho, who I mentioned earlier, is one of her pets. I suppose you could liken it to being like a Shikigami, only there's no contract."

The three of them bow in unison, and Shiku extends her hand to shake. Satori accepts, and gives a quick look at Kaki. "Yes, little one..." is all she says, but Kaki's still somewhat startled by the whole thing. Neneru, of course, notices. "So you can read minds? That's so cool!" she blurts out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2012, 06:28:02 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, I was rather surprised myself, though it was rather satisfying to show them what for. Given their behavior during their prior arrival."
>Look to the others. "That is her power, just as Mokou is immortal and can use fire, and I can hide or change history, she can read the hearts(minds) of others. It's assumed that all youkai of her species can do that though. It's just that her and her sister are the only commonly-known ones."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #175 on: July 14, 2012, 06:38:27 PM »
>Nod. "Yes, I was rather surprised myself, though it was rather satisfying to show them what for. Given their behavior during their prior arrival."
>Look to the others. "That is her power, just as Mokou is immortal and can use fire, and I can hide or change history, she can read the hearts(minds) of others. It's assumed that all youkai of her species can do that though. It's just that her and her sister are the only commonly-known ones."

Satori nods. "Yes, all satori... well, all satori with an opened Third Eye can read the hearts of those around them. For example, I know that you're searching for Yuugi - she's at the pillar by the way, and that you found a strange Persian game - you're right, Parsee would be the best to look at that. I can also tell you that this little one," she pats Neneru on the head, to which Neneru responds with a happy blush, "desperately wants to be a ninja, and is also excited about seeing her new residence. Or that this little one," she now moves to pat Kaki on the head, "is far smarter than you realize thus far. So, fellow youkai..." she gives a small smirk, "did I surprise you at all?"

Shiku can only nod, while Neneru's still blushing from the headpats.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "I was a bit surprised when she first read my mind too. But you get used to it after a few times."
>Look to Satori with a smile. "Neneru and Utsuho seem to share the same weakpoint, wouldn't you agree?"
>Administer headpats to Neneru.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #177 on: July 14, 2012, 07:12:03 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "I was a bit surprised when she first read my mind too. But you get used to it after a few times."
>Look to Satori with a smile. "Neneru and Utsuho seem to share the same weakpoint, wouldn't you agree?"
>Administer headpats to Neneru.

Satori gives a surprisingly gentle smile. "Oh, of course. Most youkai born from animals are like this, if you try it." Then she chuckles. "I wouldn't recommend giving headpats to Yakumo Ran though. That may not end well." Even Kaki seems to be melting slightly under Satori's gentle patting.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #178 on: July 14, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »
>Chuckle. "I suspect the only one who gets away with it is Yukari."
>"So, I assume you approve of the ones who I've chosen to help further the abilities of these girls? I myself will handle the more mundane things, such as how to be proper ladies and such."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #179 on: July 14, 2012, 07:34:03 PM »
>Chuckle. "I suspect the only one who gets away with it is Yukari."
>"So, I assume you approve of the ones who I've chosen to help further the abilities of these girls? I myself will handle the more mundane things, such as how to be proper ladies and such."

Satori nods. "I probably would have chosen Yuugi myself, for Shiku that is... but then, I'm familiar with the underground souls, not the aboveground ones. And she may be too hi-caliber for you at this point, Shiku," she says, turning to the fistfighter youkai. Shiku can only nod, still somewhat stunned at the mind-reading thing. Satori stops patting Kaki and stands up, giving you a look.

"I would not worry overmuch, Keine. You are a capable person, and have little recourse to doubt your own decision-making."