Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192996 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2012, 05:02:24 PM »
(Fun Fact: Mokou also makes charcoal for the village. An obvious thing given her abilities.)

>We'll jump that bridge when we cross it. Maybe Shiku can get work helping Mokou with the Charcoal business.
>Nod. "Alright, see you another time."
>Let's head in, we can afford to splurge just a little.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »
(Fun Fact: Mokou also makes charcoal for the village. An obvious thing given her abilities.)

>We'll jump that bridge when we cross it. Maybe Shiku can get work helping Mokou with the Charcoal business.

Maybe. Neneru could probably also find some method of work - Kaki doesn't really stand a chance.

>Nod. "Alright, see you another time."
>Let's head in, we can afford to splurge just a little.

The five of you head into the restaurant, where one of the staff promptly greets you. "Ah, welcome! We didn't expect a large party so soon. Five, I assume, or will there be more coming?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »
>Kaki can help us teach and tend to the children then.
>Nod. "Just us."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2012, 05:24:53 PM »
>Kaki can help us teach and tend to the children then.
>Nod. "Just us."

The staff member nods, saying "right this way, then" and grabbing five of the menus on the way to your table. As you sit down, he smiles to the five of you.

"I noticed you didn't bring in any drinks this time, so would you like me to bring you some sake?" he says, an oni clearly used to dealing with oni.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2012, 05:30:09 PM »
>Smile somewhat. "No, we've got children with us this time."
>What drinks are available besides Sake?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
>Smile somewhat. "No, we've got children with us this time."
>What drinks are available besides Sake?

On the menu, you can see a few of the most common varieties of tea, underground spring water, a few sweet berry juices, and a very, very large selection of alcoholic beverages, seemingly from all over the world.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2012, 05:36:54 PM »
>Look to Neneru and Kaki. "How about some of the berry juices? Personally, I shall be having tea."
>Then look to Shiku. "You're a bit older, so choose what you wish. But if it is alcoholic, make sure you don't drink too much at once, okay?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »
>Look to Neneru and Kaki. "How about some of the berry juices? Personally, I shall be having tea."

Neneru nods, and whispers with Kaki a bit, giving you a sidelong glance. Eventually, she half-shouts "Yeah, the strawberry one! I want that!" Kaki simply smiles and says "I'll have that one too..."

>Then look to Shiku. "You're a bit older, so choose what you wish. But if it is alcoholic, make sure you don't drink too much at once, okay?"

Shiku nods, staring at the menu for a moment before tossing it on the table. "I'll take the tea as well." The waiter turns to Mokou, but is rebuffed. "I don't need anything," Mokou says, "I'm mainly just here to keep a certain teacher outta trouble anyway." She gives you a playful grin.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2012, 05:48:06 PM »
>Return the grin. "Now now, you helped me find these three, so you should have something as well."
>"So, two orders of tea, and two strawberry juices, and one undecided." Smirk playfully at Mokou.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2012, 05:57:20 PM »
>Return the grin. "Now now, you helped me find these three, so you should have something as well."
>"So, two orders of tea, and two strawberry juices, and one undecided." Smirk playfully at Mokou.

Mokou returns your smirk. "All right, then, but I hope you don't mind if I actually have a little fun. Waiter, think you can get me a... oh, to hell with it. Let's try out 'vodka'," she says, pointing to an unfamiliar name in the alcohols. You've never heard of it, to be honest. The waiter nods and disappears.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »
>Nod. "Alright then. I don't think I've ever heard of that one though."
>Let's peruse the menu to see what's on it.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2012, 06:05:33 PM »
>Nod. "Alright then. I don't think I've ever heard of that one though."
>Let's peruse the menu to see what's on it.

The menu is mostly the same as what was on there before:

Checking the menu, you see many of the most familiar dishes, such as tonkatsu and yakitori (and a broiled lamprey dish with the caption "better than the bird's"), but also a few exotic dishes, including a couple things named "Wurst sausage" and "spaghetti".

Neneru decides, on a whim apparently, to announce that "I'm gonna get the yakitori!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
>Let's have the Tonkatsu this time. "Alright, I think I'll have the Tonkatsu then. What about you, Shiku, Kaki, Mokou?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »
>Let's have the Tonkatsu this time. "Alright, I think I'll have the Tonkatsu then. What about you, Shiku, Kaki, Mokou?"

Shiku peruses the menu herself before saying "I'll try the lamprey, I suppose. I guess it's better than some bird's, so it has to be good right?"

Kaki thinks a bit, then replies to you with "I suppose I'll take some yakitori too."

Mokou grins. "'s long as I'm trying new things, I may as well go all the way, huh? The sausage, of course."

The waiter's back with your drinks, and smiles at you. "No need to tell me, I heard all of your orders." He takes the vodka and pours it into a tiny glass before leaving the bottle there. Mokou eyes the glass for a moment before downing the whole thing in one gulp - which, judging by the fact that her eyes are watering a bit, might not have been the best idea.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2012, 06:24:52 PM »
>Give Mokou a slightly concerned look. "Are you alright? That seems like it was a rather powerful drink."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
>Give Mokou a slightly concerned look. "Are you alright? That seems like it was a rather powerful drink."

Mokou waves you off. "Oh please, I'm Gensokyo's Phoenix. No way some drink is going to hurt me." As if to prove herself, she quickly pours another glass and downs that one too. Then she starts pouring a third.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2012, 06:28:34 PM »
>Stare as she keeps downing them.. "Well, at least you're Immortal.."
>Beat.
>"That reminds me, before you get too drunk, would you mind explaining to them why you're Immortal? I thought that it would be best coming from you."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2012, 06:38:40 PM »
>Stare as she keeps downing them.. "Well, at least you're Immortal.."
>Beat.
>"That reminds me, before you get too drunk, would you mind explaining to them why you're Immortal? I thought that it would be best coming from you."

Mokou pauses as she's about to take her third drink. "Oh, right, that. Now that's an old story." She sighs, setting the drink down, and leans forward to the three of them. (I imagine you and Mokou on one side, and the three youkai on the other, but that's just me)

"A long time ago, over 1000 years I think, I was actually just an ordinary human. Noble, if you can believe it," she barks out a quick laugh before continuing, "and my father, a pretty high up there aristocrat, proposed marriage to what he described as a 'commoner of great beauty and elegance'. She, well, refused. At the time, a commoner refusing to marry an aristocrat was pretty much the biggest insult you could give, and I swore eternal revenge on her." She gives another small laugh. "I didn't know at the time just how long eternity would be."

"Well, I didn't know at the time why she had it, but turns out this commoner had an elixir of immortality that she was planning on giving to the Emperor of the time. In my need for revenge, I did something I probably shouldn't have: I stole the elixir and drank it myself. That commoner wasn't lying, and that elixir of immortality removed me from the path of life and death." Then she gives a small grin. "Of course the commoner in question was Kaguya Houraisan, and it's pretty obvious now why she had elixirs of immortality running about."

Neneru, who's been listening intently the whole time, blurts out "Why's that obvious? I don't see it."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2012, 06:48:41 PM »
>Nod. "It was so whoever she had chosen to marry would also be Immortal. Although, she's also Immortal much like Mokou is, and yet she's still unmarried."
>Let's have a little laugh.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2012, 06:53:45 PM »
>Nod. "It was so whoever she had chosen to marry would also be Immortal. Although, she's also Immortal much like Mokou is, and yet she's still unmarried."
>Let's have a little laugh.

Mokou gives you a tense look. "Hey, don't be suggesting what I think you're suggesting, all right? I get enough of it from Aya already."

Neneru giggles a bit, but then stops. "But... Keine-sama, Mokou-sama, where did Kaguya get the immortality thingy from? You never mentioned that part."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2012, 06:59:09 PM »
>Grin. "Don't worry, I'm just pointing out that it's been how long already? And she's still not found Mr. Right."
>What do we know about the Hourai Elixir?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2012, 07:02:06 PM »
>Grin. "Don't worry, I'm just pointing out that it's been how long already? And she's still not found Mr. Right."

Mokou laughs. "Haha, I wouldn't bet on that happening. She probably won't find anyone like that in my lifetime."

>What do we know about the Hourai Elixir?

Well, obviously you know it has the ability to make people immortal. You know that Eirin made it, and you remember her telling you that Kaguya was involved in the process as well, although you're not sure how. And you know that Mokou drank it.

You're pretty sure you remember Eirin telling you she'll probably never make another dose, but that's a probably.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2012, 07:08:24 PM »
>Grin. "You never know though. At the very least, it'd be funny to see."
>"But at any rate, Eirin Yagokoro created with Kaguya's help, though I'm not certain how. I believe that Eirin has sworn off making any more though."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2012, 07:16:44 PM »
>Grin. "You never know though. At the very least, it'd be funny to see."
>"But at any rate, Eirin Yagokoro created with Kaguya's help, though I'm not certain how. I believe that Eirin has sworn off making any more though."

Neneru bounces a little. "You think she'd change her mind for me? Cause I wanna be immorta--"

"No you don't," Mokou interrupts. "Let me tell you what being immortal means," she says, taking another shot before continuing. Aside, you notice that they aren't affecting her as much. "Being immortal means watching everyone you like and love die around you while you're helpless to do anything. Being immortal means losing every friend you have, again and again and again, until you don't even notice anymore." You can watch the smile slowly slide off Neneru's face. "And that's the worst part - you stop caring about your friends dying, because hey, it happens all the time anyway. And you slowly become a sociopath. Only a psychopath would want to be immortal once they understand the consequences."

Neneru's almost tearing up at this point. Perhaps Mokou was too harsh, although you know that is a bit of a sensitive subject for her.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2012, 07:20:46 PM »
>Sigh. "Now you see why I wanted Mokou to tell you?"
>Administer headpats to Neneru, getting up from our seat if we have to.
>Hell, let's comfort her with a hug.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »
>Sigh. "Now you see why I wanted Mokou to tell you?"
>Administer headpats to Neneru, getting up from our seat if we have to.
>Hell, let's comfort her with a hug.

You stand up and move to the other side of the table, giving Neneru an embrace that she gladly returns. "That... that's really sad," she whispers to you. Out the corner of your eye, you can  see the server come up with the food, staring at the two of you. Eventually, he asks Mokou, "Is this a bad time?" to which she waves him off. "Nah, don't worry. Here, I'll help you get that," as she gets up and starts putting the food in its proper place.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2012, 07:33:47 PM »
>Sigh, then smile. "Let's just enjoy what we have now, hmm?"
>Let's head back to our seat and start eating.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2012, 07:43:14 PM »
>Sigh, then smile. "Let's just enjoy what we have now, hmm?"
>Let's head back to our seat and start eating.

Neneru nods, and starts vigorously digging into her yakitori. You return to your seat, where your tonkatsu is waiting for you. Of course you'd dig in. Unfortunately, Mokou's tirade has caused an awkward silence, which Shiku tries to break.

"So, um, how do you know that oni outside, Keine? And is she really as good a fistfighter as she sounded?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2012, 07:48:13 PM »
>Nod. "We came down here the day before we met you three. We encountered her around that time while running an errand for a friend of hers. She's the one who showed us this restaurant."
>Let's get to eating and enjoying our tea then!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2012, 08:19:21 PM »
>Nod. "We came down here the day before we met you three. We encountered her around that time while running an errand for a friend of hers. She's the one who showed us this restaurant."
>Let's get to eating and enjoying our tea then!

You get to enjoying your meal. The dinner passes rather quietly after that, mostly small talk and Mokou getting progressively more drunk. Eventually you finish, and everyone looks happy again. Shiku's grinning and slightly red-faced, as she's started to drink with the drunken Mokou. The waiter comes up with your bill. "Here you are... is there anything else you'll need before you're done?"

The bill's a good 8000 yen, but you, fortunately, can handle that.