Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192994 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2012, 04:18:21 PM »
>Grin. "That's enough for now, I think we've gauged her power quite well, wouldn't you agree?"
>Look to Neneru. "Alright, do you want to have a turn?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2012, 04:25:35 PM »
>Grin. "That's enough for now, I think we've gauged her power quite well, wouldn't you agree?"

Mokou nods, releasing Shiku's fist. "Yeah, she's pretty good. Not at my level yet, and don't worry I don't ever expect you to be, but I'd still put you up in a fight against a lot of people." Shiku nods at the praise, grinning herself. Mentally, you ask yourself whether having Mokou as a role model is a good idea or not.

>Look to Neneru. "Alright, do you want to have a turn?"

Neneru shakes her head. "I don't really feel like all that fighting right now, if it's all right with you..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2012, 08:32:36 PM »
>Smile. "Alright then, but we do need to gauge your own ability sometime. After all, you'll be protecting the village too."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »
>Smile. "Alright then, but we do need to gauge your own ability sometime. After all, you'll be protecting the village too."

Neneru nods. "I understand, I just don't want to get in a fight today. We should be celebrating, not fighting, you know?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »
>Nod. "That is true. But I thought that Shiku would enjoy a chance to flex her power."
>Smile. "Well, what should we do to celebrate?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2012, 09:25:47 PM »
>Nod. "That is true. But I thought that Shiku would enjoy a chance to flex her power."
>Smile. "Well, what should we do to celebrate?"

This question stops Neneru in her tracks. "We should... um. I, uh, I didn't really think that far out. Um... help me out here?"

Shiku has by now walked over to your group with Mokou. "Perhaps we could arrange some small party," she says, "but I don't think it'd be easy at all on such short notice. Maybe we should delay the celebration for later, Neneru."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2012, 09:30:29 PM »
>Thoughtful expression. "Well, I suppose we could find somewhere to eat."
>Where do we know that we could eat that doesn't involve the village?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 10:43:09 PM »
>Thoughtful expression. "Well, I suppose we could find somewhere to eat."
>Where do we know that we could eat that doesn't involve the village?

Well, you have the cook of the "Gensokyo's best Yakitori" stand right in front of you, although the stand isn't quite here. There's Mystia's lamprey stand, although that's more of a night-blindness scam than an ACTUAL restaurant. The Myouren temple is always welcoming of guests, but that's not really a celebratory place. You could also try to hit up the kappa and tengu lands - you don't KNOW if there's any restaurants there, but it's probable. Or you could go back down to the underground - you know there's places in the City to eat.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2012, 10:46:00 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, we can go to the Underground then. There was that one restaurant after all. Reimu should be doing her job now anyhow, which means the other youkai won't try anything."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2012, 11:51:54 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, we can go to the Underground then. There was that one restaurant after all. Reimu should be doing her job now anyhow, which means the other youkai won't try anything."

Shiku nods, and Neneru bounces around a bit again. "Oooh, really? I've never been down there? What's it like!? I wanna go see!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2012, 11:57:45 PM »
>Nod. "Alright, then let's go."
>Let's make for the underground!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 04:01:22 AM »
>Nod. "Alright, then let's go."
>Let's make for the underground!

(Bleh, sorry about the reduced pace. Today's been busy as all hell.)

Mokou grins. "I can't have you go off again alone, Keine... you might hurt yourself, yeah?" With that, the five of you head off to the underground. The blowhole looks just like how you left it, and Kogasa's absent, unfortunately. It looks empty, so the four of you jump in.

First thing you see is Kisume, the bucket girl, hanging from her bucket in front of you. Her back's turned to you, and she's humming to herself... rather loudly, in fact. It's a nice tune that you don't recognize.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:26:16 AM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 04:05:23 AM »
(S'okay. Though I was meaning for Mokou to tag along too. :V)

>Sigh. Hopefully she's learned from the last time.
>We may as well get closer. "Hm? What's that song you're humming? I don't believe I've ever heard it before."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 04:16:06 AM »
(S'okay. Though I was meaning for Mokou to tag along too. :V)

>Sigh. Hopefully she's learned from the last time.
>We may as well get closer. "Hm? What's that song you're humming? I don't believe I've ever heard it before."

(Ach, my bad... I can probably edit a couple of posts and add her in, if you really want me to. Just say the word.)

Kisume turns around with a "Hyaa!" Then she realizes who it is. "Oh, it's the threatening blue lady again... it's my tune! It's about me! The spider lady made it!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2012, 04:19:26 AM »
(Go for it if you want. I figured having her around would make things easier in the Underground, you know?)

>Smile. "Well, that's rather nice of her, don't you think?"
>"You know, her ancestor was also a talented singer. I would have liked to run into her again to discuss that, but alas."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 04:22:13 AM »
(Go for it if you want. I figured having her around would make things easier in the Underground, you know?)

>Smile. "Well, that's rather nice of her, don't you think?"

(Will do.)

Kisume nods. "Yup! I asked her and then she made it! Hm, hm hm, hm hm hm..."

>"You know, her ancestor was also a talented singer. I would have liked to run into her again to discuss that, but alas."

Your continuation brings her out of her humming. "Spider lady's not here right now. But she lets me use her webs for my bucket! Spider lady's really nice!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2012, 04:24:53 AM »
>Smile. "I have heard that Tsuchigumo webbing is quite strong. She certainly is a woman of many talents, isn't she?"
>"And it's rather nice to see you actually being polite for a change, I take it you learned from before?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2012, 04:27:39 AM »
>Smile. "I have heard that Tsuchigumo webbing is quite strong. She certainly is a woman of many talents, isn't she?"
>"And it's rather nice to see you actually being polite for a change, I take it you learned from before?"

Kisume, oddly, shakes her head. "Nope! I'm just happy now! I wasn't happy then!"

Neneru seems to be walking forward toward the cute little girl. Kisume's already stolen a couple of glances at the approaching catgirl.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 04:31:10 AM »
>Give Kisume a warning look that shows she'll get another headbutt if she pulls any funny business like last time.
>"Now, I trust you won't cause trouble for her? She happens to be a Shikigami of mine you know."
>Look back to Neneru. "Last time I came through here, she attempted to cause trouble. Though it's nice to see her not causing trouble for a change."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:32:48 AM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2012, 04:33:21 AM »
>Give Kisume a look that shows she'll get another headbutt if she pulls any funny business like last time.
>"Now, I trust you won't cause trouble for her? She happens to be a Shikigami of mine you know."
>Look back to Neneru. "Last time I came through here, she attempted to cause trouble. Though it's nice to see her not causing trouble for a change."

Kisume gives the girl an odd look. "A shikigami, huh? I see..." she mutters, apparently unaware that you can hear. Then she turns to you with another sunny smile. "She doesn't cause trouble, I don't cause trouble! Howzat sound, huh? Hm, hm hm, hm hm hm..." She begins to hum to herself again, now swinging from side to side.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2012, 04:36:22 AM »
>Sigh. "Well, the last time we met, you lit Kogasa on fire. With her it was tolerable, due to her being a Tsukumogami. But this is a different story."
>"Well, we'll leave you to your song. Perhaps you could ask Yamame for lessons on singing?"
>Let's get moving on down to the city!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
>Sigh. "Well, the last time we met, you lit Kogasa on fire. With her it was tolerable, due to her being a Tsukumogami. But this is a different story."
>"Well, we'll leave you to your song. Perhaps you could ask Yamame for lessons on singing?"
>Let's get moving on down to the city!

Kisume slowly swings side to side as you pass her, looking almost pendulum-like in the dark Underground. "Can't sing... my keys are missing or something. Spider lady told me. Hm, hm hm, hm hm hm..."

You head on down to the bridge, where you see Parsee balled up along the side, holding her legs in with her arms. That's normal. What's not normal is the presence of Yuugi right next to her, drinking sake and staring off into the underground. You catch a snippet of conversation before they notice you.

"Yeah, that does sound depressing... I know I wouldn't be able to manage in your situation either. Oh -- Keine, I didn't expect to see you again so soon!" Yuugi says, waving at you. Parsee only gives you a dead glare.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »
>Wave back, and head on over. "Well, I did resolve everything that was going on."
>Gesture towards the kids with a smile. "And these three ended up becoming my Shikigami in the process. So far I'm quite satisfied, I knew they had the potential."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2012, 03:30:12 PM »
>Wave back, and head on over. "Well, I did resolve everything that was going on."

A smile and a nod. "Good to hear - any problems or did it go smooth as sake?"

>Gesture towards the kids with a smile. "And these three ended up becoming my Shikigami in the process. So far I'm quite satisfied, I knew they had the potential."

Yuugi grins. "That's great to hear! ... Who are they again?"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 03:41:43 PM by IdiotsOpposite »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2012, 03:37:17 PM »
>Smile. "It went rather smoothly actually. As it turns out, all four of gensokyo's top magicians were captured by the Watatsuki sisters in an effort to create a Magic Battery for the Lunar Capital."
>"A battery is something from the outside world you use to store energy."
>"So when I saved them with the help of some of the others, we went to Eientei the following night, who I had initially suspected of being the culprits. But it was there I discovered that it wasn't them. It was those I mentioned prior."
>Grin. "Suffice it to say, last night was one of my 'better nights', so to speak. Despite the trouble they caused last time they showed up, they went down rather handily."

>"As for these three, they're the ones who provided the clue that broke the entire case open."
>Gesture towards Shiku. "This is Shiku, the eldest of the three, and the fistfighter. She trains under Mokou."
>Gesture towards Neneru and Kaki. "This is Neneru and Kaki. Neneru has expressed interest in training under Sakuya Izayoi, the maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Kaki however, is undecided. But we'll find out what she wants soon enough I suspect."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »
>Smile. "It went rather smoothly actually. As it turns out, all four of gensokyo's top magicians were captured by the Watatsuki sisters in an effort to create a Magic Battery for the Lunar Capital."
>"A battery is something from the outside world you use to store energy."

Yuugi nods. "That does sound pretty bad. But hey, I guess if you're from the moon ya get a little crazy, huh?" she says, grinning at her little joke.

>"So when I saved them with the help of some of the others, we went to Eientei the following night, who I had initially suspected of being the culprits. But it was there I discovered that it wasn't them. It was those I mentioned prior."
>Grin. "Suffice it to say, last night was one of my 'better nights', so to speak. Despite the trouble they caused last time they showed up, they went down rather handily."

The oni heartily claps you on the back, which staggers you a bit. She doesn't seem to notice. "Good job then! I figured someone like you could pull through. Sounds like it was a rather complicated case, though. I probably couldn't have handled something like that, haha."

>"As for these three, they're the ones who provided the clue that broke the entire case open."
>Gesture towards Shiku. "This is Shiku, the eldest of the three, and the fistfighter. She trains under Mokou."
>Gesture towards Neneru and Kaki. "This is Neneru and Kaki. Neneru has expressed interest in training under Sakuya Izayoi, the maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Kaki however, is undecided. But we'll find out what she wants soon enough I suspect."

Shiku extends her hand in a handshake with Yuugi, who reciprocates vigorously. Yuugi grins. "A fistfighter, eh? You should come into the City and fight sometime. This place is full of fighters, after all! And I'd love to have a match with you sometime!" Meanwhile, Neneru has walked over and is staring at Parsee, who's giving her a venomous glare. You hear the bridge princess say two words: "Go. Away." but Neneru doesn't seem to be listening. Kaki meanwhile is tugging at your sleeve. "I've heard there's a library here..." she says, "is there any way we could go visit it?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »
>Smile at Kaki. "You like that sort of thing, hmm? You'll be right at home then, both there and at our home. We'll visit there once we've eaten."
>Chuckle a bit. "Perhaps when she's trained more, she's still not quite strong enough to face an Oni just yet."
>Sigh. "Neneru, please don't bother her. She isn't really that social."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2012, 04:45:19 PM »
>Smile at Kaki. "You like that sort of thing, hmm? You'll be right at home then, both there and at our home. We'll visit there once we've eaten."

The little foxgirl gives a shy smile. "Well, I've always liked books..."

>Chuckle a bit. "Perhaps when she's trained more, she's still not quite strong enough to face an Oni just yet."

Yuugi grins. "Yeah, I get ya. Too new to the art to really be a challenge, yeah?" Shiku nods, giving a bit of a grin herself. "Let's just say whenever I do fight you, Yuugi, I'll have a trick or two up my sleeve, though." This only prompts further grinning. "Only makes the battle more fun!"

>Sigh. "Neneru, please don't bother her. She isn't really that social."

Yuugi nods along with you. "'S taken me a couple of days and I've still only barely gotten a bit of conversation of her... I'm gonna keep workin' at it though. Anyway, I gotta go back into the city now... see ya, Parsee!" she half-shouts. Parsee stares at the bridge for a bit longer, disregarding Yuugi, but turns and mutters "Bye." as the six of you begin walking toward the City proper. Mokou watches the bridge princess for a moment, making sure she doesn't do anything funny while your back is turned, but Parsee's already gone back to staring at the bridge.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
>Keep smiling at Kaki. "Books are something to be treasured. It's good to find someone so young that also understands this."
>Look to Yuugi. "She'll understand eventually I suppose. It make take many years, perhaps even as many as she's been there."
>Let's roll on to that restaurant Yuugi showed us the other time! We do have enough money, yes?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2012, 04:56:45 PM »
>Keep smiling at Kaki. "Books are something to be treasured. It's good to find someone so young that also understands this."

Kaki blushes and gives another shy smile, giggling slightly.

>Look to Yuugi. "She'll understand eventually I suppose. It make take many years, perhaps even as many as she's been there."
>Let's roll on to that restaurant Yuugi showed us the other time! We do have enough money, yes?

Yuugi sighs. "I hope so... just makes me angry to see someone that dejected, ya know? Anyway, I've got some business to take care of, so I'll see you around, all right?"

You have quite a bit, since you're normally a bit of a penny-pincher. Although with four people in your household now, you may want to apply for a salary increase... you should be fine though. The restaurant is open as usual, and nearly empty due to how early it is. It IS after all still mid-afternoon.