Author Topic: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio  (Read 192981 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Keine Quest II - Shikigami Trio
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 09:38:15 PM »
>Let's give her a really good glare, the sort that makes even Youkai quiver in their boots.
>"Shiku! Kaki! Get Neneru out of there, I'll handle this."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:48:03 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 11:35:35 PM »
>Get in there.
>"Release her. Now."

>Let's give her a really good glare, the sort that makes even Youkai quiver in their boots.
>"Shiku! Kaki! Get Neneru out of there, I'll handle this."

Shiku rushes into the water to go save Neneru, while you deal with Cirno. Unfortunately, she seems utterly unconcerned about your glare and your words. She does give you a glare of her own, though.

"It's my lake! I don't recall giving you permission to come here and do stuff! And I'm the strongest, so of course I'd know if I did that!" You recall why you just try to avoid fairies whenever you talk with Cirno. To top it off, every conversation she never seems to remember you.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:30 PM »
>We don't have the patience to deal with her today, so just rush in and grab Cirno by the collar, then throw her into the water with all our might! Away from where Shiku and Neneru are though.
>And then follow it with a bombardment of Familiars, Lasers, and Familiars that shoot Lasers.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:41:34 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »
>No, that is not our style. Give her a headbutt.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »
>We don't have the patience to deal with her today, so just rush in and grab Cirno by the collar, then throw her into the water with all our might! Away from where Shiku and Neneru are though.

You decide to  throw Cirno into the water!

>No, that is not our style. Give her a headbutt.

No, you decide to headbutt her. A loud CRACK can be heard throughout the lake as your head makes contact with Cirno. Shiku, who was busy smashing the ice holding Neneru's feet together, actually has to turn and look.

>And then follow it with a bombardment of Familiars, Lasers, and Familiars that shoot Lasers.

You activate a spellcard, which at this sort of range makes Cirno gibber nonsense. ...MORE nonsensical than usual, that is.

"Hey, don't do gharblharblwaargh!"

She flies away into the mist, where you lose track of her. Meanwhile, it looks like Shiku got Neneru's feet separated, and she's able to swim again...well, she has little ice blocks on her feet still, but those should melt reasonably quickly. She and Shiku are swimming to shore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 02:49:43 AM »
>Since we've driven the little bugger off, let's go help Neneru and Shiku back to shore.
>"Well, I should have figured she would show up. That was Cirno, a notorious Ice Fairy. Her antics know no limits really, she's just bound by her dismal intellect."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 03:15:29 AM »
>Since we've driven the little bugger off, let's go help Neneru and Shiku back to shore.

To be honest, they don't need much help, but you help pull them along anyway. It seems like the thing to do.

>"Well, I should have figured she would show up. That was Cirno, a notorious Ice Fairy. Her antics know no limits really, she's just bound by her dismal intellect."

Neneru nods. "She's not very nice... I was swimming around when suddenly someone grabbed my legs and then they started floating! And then I looked and there was ice attached to them! It was really hard to stay afloat like that..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 03:18:18 AM »
>Sigh. "Yes...She has a tendency to do things like that, as she's rather territorial for a fairy. She doesn't really bother the village much though, which I suppose is a blessing, considering how trying it is to speak with her."
>Smile. "Now, let's go find Mokou, alright?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 03:54:42 AM »
>Sigh. "Yes...She has a tendency to do things like that, as she's rather territorial for a fairy. She doesn't really bother the village much though, which I suppose is a blessing, considering how trying it is to speak with her."

Neneru gives you a curious, open-mouthed look. "Why's that? Is it because she doesn't listen or something?"

>Smile. "Now, let's go find Mokou, alright?"

Shiku nods. "That might be fun. Where does she usually tend to be? I'm just gonna guess the Village, since you two seem to know each other well."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2012, 04:00:41 AM »
>"Actually, Mokou resides in the Bamboo Forest of The Lost. Her greatest foe and rival, Kaguya Houraisan, also lives in there."
>"Cirno is...Well, as far as fairies go, she's a special case. She genuinely is strong, but only as far as fairies go. I believe Mokou knows one that is stronger though. But as for Cirno, let's just say that she's dim, even as far as fairies go. The normal ones are at least remotely manageable in terms of speaking with them. But Cirno? She's too stubborn and bullheaded to get the point, so you have to be forceful with her."
>Let's get rolling to the forest to find Mokou!

(Referencing the Doomfairy in the EX Stage right before her.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2012, 04:10:36 AM »
>"Actually, Mokou resides in the Bamboo Forest of The Lost. Her greatest foe and rival, Kaguya Houraisan, also lives in there."

>Let's get rolling to the forest to find Mokou!

"Ah... so then, we'll be going over there." You nod and the four of you begin flying to the forest to find Mokou.

>"Cirno is...Well, as far as fairies go, she's a special case. She genuinely is strong, but only as far as fairies go. I believe Mokou knows one that is stronger though. But as for Cirno, let's just say that she's dim, even as far as fairies go. The normal ones are at least remotely manageable in terms of speaking with them. But Cirno? She's too stubborn and bullheaded to get the point, so you have to be forceful with her."

Shiku nods, smiling. "Reminds me of a couple of the stranger youkai in the Forest of Magic. They don't tend to last long, though. I guess being a fairy does wonders for your survivability, doesn't it?"

(Referencing the Doomfairy in the EX Stage right before her.)

(Haha, I figured)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2012, 04:14:21 AM »
>"Yes, even if you kill a fairy, they'll simply respawn elsewhere. Occasionally you get one that respawns in the Village."
>Keep on rollin'!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2012, 04:20:33 AM »
>"Yes, even if you kill a fairy, they'll simply respawn elsewhere. Occasionally you get one that respawns in the Village."

Shiku gives you a look. "Now that I didn't know. I'm guessing you kick 'em out like everyone else? Oh, and you've mentioned Kaguya Houraisan a couple of times now... what's her story, exactly? She a human like Mokou, or a youkai maybe?"

>Keep on rollin'!

Technically, you're flying, not rolling. Well, Neneru's done a few rolls. She can't seem to just fly straight. But yes, you keep on moving toward the forest. From how high up you are, you can see it in the distance. Fortunately, it does not look like it's on fire - you still remember THAT incident.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2012, 04:26:51 AM »
>...Figure of speech!
>"Not quite. She's neither Human, Ghost, or Youkai either. In a way, she's much like Mokou in that regard. You see...even if they die, they don't remain dead. Death is not a part of them. Technically, Mokou was Human at one point, many ages ago. And this time I don't mean a mere 20 or so years, I'm talking hundreds of years here. Kaguya, on the other hand, is Lunarian. She came from the moon."
>Sigh. "Let's just say that there's some bad blood between the two of them."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2012, 04:40:54 AM »
>...Figure of speech!
>"Not quite. She's neither Human, Ghost, or Youkai either. In a way, she's much like Mokou in that regard. You see...even if they die, they don't remain dead. Death is not a part of them. Technically, Mokou was Human at one point, many ages ago. And this time I don't mean a mere 20 or so years, I'm talking hundreds of years here. Kaguya, on the other hand, is Lunarian. She came from the moon."
>Sigh. "Let's just say that there's some bad blood between the two of them."

Shiku nods and doesn't say anything more. Neneru can't quite control herself. "So she's like immortal and stuff! Wow, that's awesome! I think it'd be really cool to be immortal!"

You're getting rather close to the forest now.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2012, 04:45:57 AM »
>Sigh. Mokou can sort her out when we get there.
>"Yes, well, they're both Immortal, but they're the only ones."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2012, 04:53:06 AM »
>Sigh. Mokou can sort her out when we get there.
>"Yes, well, they're both Immortal, but they're the only ones."

Unfortunately, Neneru can't quite stop herself. "Do you think she could make me immortal too?"

You're at the entrance of the forest now. If you wander around for a bit, either Mokou will find you, or you'll find Eientei if she doesn't. That tends to be how it works in the Bamboo Forest.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2012, 04:57:11 AM »
>"Well, now we just need to wander around for a bit. Either she'll find us, or we'll find Eientei. Despite the name, if you know how the place is, you won't get too badly lost. Just stay close to me, I don't know if even the Shikigami Bond will be entirely useful if we get separated."
>Let's get to searching, we'll call out for Mokou every so often as well.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2012, 05:05:50 AM »
>"Well, now we just need to wander around for a bit. Either she'll find us, or we'll find Eientei. Despite the name, if you know how the place is, you won't get too badly lost. Just stay close to me, I don't know if even the Shikigami Bond will be entirely useful if we get separated."
>Let's get to searching, we'll call out for Mokou every so often as well.

The four of you enter the forest, calling out for Mokou. It takes you quite a bit longer than usual, but eventually she jumps out of a hanging bamboo stalk next to you.

"Hey, Keine, long time no see," she smirks. "Sorry about the wait... I had a little bug to squash."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2012, 05:11:50 AM »
>Sigh. "Kaguya again, I assume?"
>Smile. "At any rate, I came to see about asking you to help train Shiku. She happens to favor close combat as well, so naturally I thought that you would be a good choice. Just don't go too hard on her, have a slight testing match with her to gauge her power compared to your own, then set it to one step higher than hers. That way, she'll always have a good workout."
>Show her the amulet. "And look, Remilia gave me this as a way of thanking me for retrieving Patchouli for her. There's quite a lot of history to it."
>Then smirk. "And don't be surprised when you see my house tomorrow, I've set things in motion to attend to the space issues."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2012, 06:29:00 AM »
>Sigh. "Kaguya again, I assume?"
>Smile. "At any rate, I came to see about asking you to help train Shiku. She happens to favor close combat as well, so naturally I thought that you would be a good choice. Just don't go too hard on her, have a slight testing match with her to gauge her power compared to your own, then set it to one step higher than hers. That way, she'll always have a good workout."

Mokou grins. "Need a training partner, eh? Well, me or Meiling would probably be the best choice above the Underground - and Keine likes me better." Turning to you, her grin gets a little bigger. "Ain't that right, Keine? But yeah, I could always train ya. Just stop by this forest any time, and if I'm not dead at the moment, I'll be happy to." Then another curious look at you. "Unless ya mean right now?"

>Show her the amulet. "And look, Remilia gave me this as a way of thanking me for retrieving Patchouli for her. There's quite a lot of history to it."

She scowls at it for a moment. "Moon, huh..." then another grin. "I think it looks great on ya, Keine!"

>Then smirk. "And don't be surprised when you see my house tomorrow, I've set things in motion to attend to the space issues."

A headtilt. You didn't even know Mokou did that. "What's going on? You rebuilding it or somethin'?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:00 AM »
>Just smile enigmatically. "Somewhat. Let's just say Patchouli owed a favor."
>Smile. "But since you've got an infinite amount of time, there's no time like the present."
>Look to Shiku. "Show her what you're capable of thanks to the Contract."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2012, 06:44:32 AM »
>Just smile enigmatically. "Somewhat. Let's just say Patchouli owed a favor."
>Smile. "But since you've got an infinite amount of time, there's no time like the present."
>Look to Shiku. "Show her what you're capable of thanks to the Contract."

Shiku nods. "If you say so..." She steps forward to the grinning Mokou, who leans back on the air and puts her hands in her pockets. "Just try and hit me," she says with a grin. "That'll be the first step. You can work on defense later."

Shiku's first punch aims toward Mokou's chest. Mokou, already leaning back, finds it simple to lean back further and dodge the blow. Her hands still in her pockets, she carefully maneuvers, dodging every blow that Shiku tries by a foot or more. After about 12 or so blows, however, Shiku aims for a gut punch, and although Mokou seems to dodge, she still gets knocked back a bit. She gives a grin in response.

"Now I know you missed me, so why did I get hit, eh?" Shiku stops for a moment, explaining, or, well, trying to explain, "Um... I just push out something and then the punch goes a bit farther than normal..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2012, 06:51:25 AM »
>"Hmm...Perhaps you can manipulate Air Pressure. You see, when you do anything, you displace the air around you, changing the pressure. Your ability is possibly tied to harnessing, and directing it. Essentially, even an attack that falls short may well hit home, as you so demonstrated earlier."
>Let's keep watching.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2012, 02:55:24 PM »
>"Hmm...Perhaps you can manipulate Air Pressure. You see, when you do anything, you displace the air around you, changing the pressure. Your ability is possibly tied to harnessing, and directing it. Essentially, even an attack that falls short may well hit home, as you so demonstrated earlier."
>Let's keep watching.

(Ooooh, nice one. That's even better than what I originally had in mind.)

Shiku nods, muttering "I guess it's a useful ability for a physical fighter..." as she starts trying to throw more punches, this time augmented with her ability. You notice that Mokou's having a lot harder time with these, taking multiple hits. After a little bit, you realize why, and so does she.

"It's really hard to dodge when you can't see how far the punch is gonna go, ya know!" she blurts out while laughing. "It's like fighting blind almost!" Shiku grins and redoubles her efforts, and Mokou would probably be having trouble right now if it weren't for the simple strength difference.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »
What were you originally thinking?

>Keep watching.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2012, 03:13:30 PM »
(I'm just guessing here, since that looked like Air Pressure to me.)

>Look to Kaki and Neneru. "So, doesn't she seem stronger?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2012, 04:03:59 PM »
What were you originally thinking?

(Oh, some vague thing about channeling bodily energy to project power through the air. It really wasn't that well-developed. So let's just ignore it okay)

(I'm just guessing here, since that looked like Air Pressure to me.)

>Keep watching.

>Look to Kaki and Neneru. "So, doesn't she seem stronger?"

Kaki nods, smirking a bit. Neneru bounces a bit. "Yeah! She's way stronger than before she became a Shikieiki! Does that mean I'll be able to do stuff like that too?"

Mokou grins, muttering something you can't quite hear. She starts to move more like how you've seen her in actual battles, and is easily evading Shiku's strikes again. Given how she's dodging, though, you think part of it might just be her natural knowledge of the terrain. She probably wouldn't do quite as well in the Forest of Magic.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2012, 04:06:52 PM »
(So something like Qi Control? Yeah, Air Pressure's neater.)

>Ruffle Neneru's hair with a smile. "Shikigami."
>Grin. "Looks like Mokou's starting to take things seriously now. But don't worry, I did tell her to held back just enough to make the fight doable, but still remain difficult."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »
(So something like Qi Control? Yeah, Air Pressure's neater.)

>Ruffle Neneru's hair with a smile. "Shikigami."
>Grin. "Looks like Mokou's starting to take things seriously now. But don't worry, I did tell her to held back just enough to make the fight doable, but still remain difficult."

(Ya know, I thought so too.)

Neneru excitedly turns back to the fight, where Shiku seems to have lost all abandon and is throwing punches without regard for keeping an energy reserve. Mokou again seems to be having a bit of trouble, although she's only gotten hit once or twice so far. Finally, she catches one of Shiku's punches in her hand and grins. "You really are pretty good, a whole lot better than last time! Must be the bond - I didn't think it'd provide that big a power increase!"