Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)  (Read 269181 times)

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 6 ※ for OLD Danmakufu version (0.12m)
« Reply #720 on: March 13, 2013, 09:24:04 PM »
whoops...sorry, I was thinking about mainTask...
But thanks! me so stupid lol  :V

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #721 on: March 14, 2013, 02:04:54 AM »
I have a request.

I would like to know about the specific way Danmakufu reads music files and executes the following commands:

LoadMusic, PlayMusic, and FadeOutMusic, and DeleteMusic.

I got my PDD Stage 1 to run with its music track by editing the tempo of the track and resaving it. Adding the boss music failed to work. I would like to know if there are any specific requirements Danmakufu has for music in both .mp3 and .wav form.

I do not know if the problem is reproducible, but I do not believe that it is a problem with the music itself, seeing that Qwertyzxcv has successfully created .wav tracks on his own.

.wav forms of Green Sanatorium and The Barrier or Ame-no-Torifune Shrine work flawlessly. My new Stage 1 theme (same one, with a 1% increase in speed), works flawlessly. However, loading the second track is what causes the issue. I will experiment more and see if it truly is a problem with the music file, because this is a problem that needs to be resolved in order for PDD's progress to continue.

When the time comes, if the problem has not been solved, I will release both an unstable and a stable release of Stage 1.

Drake

« Reply #722 on: March 14, 2013, 02:12:59 AM »

(seriously)

I'm not sure why you in particular seem to be having so much trouble though. I've never had a music file not work, even if looping is still a great mystery of the universe.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:20:57 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #723 on: March 14, 2013, 02:30:01 AM »

(seriously)

I'm not sure why you in particular seem to be having so much trouble though. I've never had a music file not work, even if looping is still a great mystery of the universe.

Basically, I call this in script_stage_main:
Code: [Select]
  let music1 = GetCurrentScriptDirectory~".\music\Stg1.wav";
  let music2 = GetCurrentScriptDirectory~".\music\Boss1.wav";
this in @Initialize
    LoadMusic(music1);
    LoadMusic(music2);
this in the stage task (if that's the problem I'll be damned)
wait(1);
    PlayMusic(music1);
    //BOSS
    FadeOutMusic(music1, 30);
    CreateEnemyBossFromFile(boss1, GetCenterX-30, 0, 1, 0, 0);
    PlayMusic(music2);
    WaitForZeroEnemy;
    FadeOutMusic(music2, 30);
    wait(120);
    Clear;
and in @Finalize,
    DeleteMusic(music1);
    DeleteMusic(music2);
Main Loop contains yield; and nothing else. When all of the music2 references are commented out, the script works 100% fine.

Drake

« Reply #724 on: March 14, 2013, 04:26:56 AM »
I never said you were doing anything wrong. The problem has come up several times, but there has never been a concrete solution or any reason as to why it doesn't work. It's just weird that you've complained about it happening multiple times already since it doesn't usually show up that often.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #725 on: March 14, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »
I can't believe you're still stuck on the music file issue when I told you several posts ago that you need to trial & error on your music file. You're already giving the answer to your problem your self: "When all of the music2 references are commented out, the script works 100% fine." Are you even reading what we are suggesting / advising you? Start focussing on music2.

- Let and load the music only, don't play use PlayMusic yet. Does your script load?
- If PlayMusic(music2) crashes, go compare the song to another song that is working (like your Music1). Is it same format for file, khz, bitrate ? ? ? If not, try to make them similar.
- Maybe the selected song is too big in filesize/quality? Have you tried like only cutting 10 seconds of track in Audacity, and trying to play that?

I can come up with dozen more types of tests but you seriously executed none of them so far because I haven't seen you attempting it when I told you it was your music file. You only commented it out. Well, that is only step 1, where the rest?

You're giving us the feeling that you are blatantly ignoring us and continue to post your own issues (Even Drake issued it that it is your music file for an unknown reason). I hope this is not the case because that would be simply rude for people who try to help out.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #726 on: March 14, 2013, 08:58:04 PM »
I can't believe you're still stuck on the music file issue when I told you several posts ago that you need to trial & error on your music file. You're already giving the answer to your problem your self: "When all of the music2 references are commented out, the script works 100% fine." Are you even reading what we are suggesting / advising you? Start focussing on music2.

- Let and load the music only, don't play use PlayMusic yet. Does your script load?
- If PlayMusic(music2) crashes, go compare the song to another song that is working (like your Music1). Is it same format for file, khz, bitrate ? ? ? If not, try to make them similar.
- Maybe the selected song is too big in filesize/quality? Have you tried like only cutting 10 seconds of track in Audacity, and trying to play that?

I can come up with dozen more types of tests but you seriously executed none of them so far because I haven't seen you attempting it when I told you it was your music file. You only commented it out. Well, that is only step 1, where the rest?

The file size is not too big; I have already proven that with my other script. I have used audacity to cut length, and that did not work for the boss track. For the stage track, a few minor tweaks allowed it to run. All of my music tracks have the same file format (.wav), same bitrate, and same KHz. I have tweaked the second file a number of times, so I'm more worried about the problem being the way I called the music tracks.

Loading the second music track causes the massive delay at the start, but does not cause the temporary freeze at the boss battle.
Swapping the two tracks freezes Danmakufu at the very start.

I understand that the problem is in regards to the second track. Both have 2 audio channels, 1411200 bit rate, are .wav, have the same privileges, etc. The latter has been edited multiple times, and that was why I asked about any specific audio restrictions on Danmakufu.
Loading a .mp3 export does not lag at the start. Playing it DOES WORK.

The issue I have is that although a .mp3 may work for most people, it does not work for me, and I cannot test it properly as a result.

I'm going to close the question for now and just release it with .mp3 files. If that works better, then so be it.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #727 on: March 15, 2013, 06:59:59 AM »
Quote from: Sparen
Loading the second music track causes the massive delay at the start, but does not cause the temporary freeze at the boss battle.
Well there you have it for once. Danmakufu doesn't seem to like the song at all but I am sure we knew that.

Quote from: Sparen
I understand that the problem is in regards to the second track. Both have 2 audio channels, 1411200 bit rate, are .wav, have the same privileges, etc. The latter has been edited multiple times, and that was why I asked about any specific audio restrictions on Danmakufu.
Loading a .mp3 export does not lag at the start. Playing it DOES WORK.

The issue I have is that although a .mp3 may work for most people, it does not work for me, and I cannot test it properly as a result.
I don't understand this part. You're saying MP3 does work but then then it doesn't work? And you cannot test it properly? What the hell is that suppose to mean?

FYI: OGG is the filetype that causes the crash for people and should be possibly avoided in 0.12m. MP3 not being played is majority caused due to incorrect/bad format and re-exporting it in Audacity with lame-mp3 codec as (if I am not mistaking 44khz, 32bit float) should solve it. Danmakufu had a memory limit for loading music files, I forgot where the thread and cannot find it through search. Which is mostly why WAV should be carefully used.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #728 on: March 16, 2013, 02:00:00 AM »
I should probably mention that the reason for the delay when loading wavs is due to the file size of wavs. You can expect to load like 20 MB in the same time it takes 2 MB can you?
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #729 on: March 16, 2013, 03:26:06 PM »
Question 1:
http://pastebin.com/18n0gzy8
When it ends, it shoots a circle of RED03s, but I don't have any RED03s in it...
WTF

Question 2:
I have a stage with a mid-boss, so I use CreateEnemyBossFromFile, but when the non-spell ends, it makes the sound effect you hear when a familiar goes away?

Question 3:
How do I make a circle come from a CreateLaser01, starting at the tip to the base?

Question 4:
This might be my stupidest question ever but:
if(GetPoint == 50){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(100);}
nothing happens...and I put it in MainLoop right?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:49:02 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Drake

« Reply #730 on: March 16, 2013, 09:47:53 PM »
1) If the ring of bullets is firing right after the spell ends, then it's the next pattern that's firing them.

2) ...Yes?

3) You can either use some geometry and trig, or use AddShot.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #731 on: March 16, 2013, 09:56:12 PM »
1) If the ring of bullets is firing right after the spell ends, then it's the next pattern that's firing them.

2) ...Yes?

3) You can either use some geometry and trig, or use AddShot.
1) Hm ok. But im pretty sure nothing in the stage does that...
2) xD I'm an idiot. Sorry about wording that stupidly:
I have a stage with a mid-boss, so I use CreateEnemyBossFromFile. But when the non-spell ends, it makes the sound effect you hear when a familiar goes away, but I don't want it to.
3) Thanks...
Edit: I added a fourth question.

Drake

« Reply #732 on: March 16, 2013, 10:34:44 PM »
1) I won't be able to tell you anything without the other scripts, but you should be able to just search them all for RED03 and you'll find it eventually.

2) If it's a default sound effect then you can use DeleteSE to unload it, but there's probably a better way. I don't recall if you can just disable it.

4) If you mean point items then I think that should work. If you mean score then use GetScore, but otherwise it should work?

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #733 on: March 16, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »
1) Found RED03, but its not the next pattern, and its not in a circle. Did I mention this is a stage?
2) Ok, I should probably add a different sound effect.
4) i dunno why but it works now...
5) I might as well ask another question...can I have an example of include function?
6) i forgot NOOOO
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:15:46 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Drake

« Reply #734 on: March 17, 2013, 12:07:43 AM »
Code: (lib.txt) [Select]
function dist(x1, y1, x2, y2){
return ((x1-x2)^2 + (y1-y2)^2)^0.5;
}

function wait(n){
loop(n){ yield; }
}
script_enemy_main{
   #include_function ".\lib.txt"
   @Initialize{
      main;
   }

task main{
      wait(60);
      //something that uses dist()
   }
}

Essentially what happens is everything in lib.txt gets plopped into the other script right where the #include was called.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #735 on: March 17, 2013, 12:17:54 AM »
CODE
MOAR CODE
Essentially what happens is everything in lib.txt gets plopped into the other script right where the #include was called.
So I can turn a script into a function? :D

Drake

« Reply #736 on: March 17, 2013, 12:37:34 AM »
No. You can use #include_script if you want to put a script_enemy or whatever in another stage or enemy script (except doing so is pointless since usually you can use CreateEnemyFromFile anyways), but that isn't "making it a function". Turning a script into a function doesn't make any sense. #include_function is for taking functions commonly used throughout multiple scripts and loading them into each using a single line rather than defining them over and over again.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:39:47 AM by Drake »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #737 on: March 17, 2013, 12:50:59 AM »
No. You can use #include_script if you want to put a script_enemy or whatever in another stage or enemy script (except doing so is pointless since usually you can use CreateEnemyFromFile anyways), but that isn't "making it a function". Turning a script into a function doesn't make any sense. #include_function is for taking functions commonly used throughout multiple scripts and loading them into each using a single line rather than defining them over and over again.
I guess I don't didn't know anyhing about include function.
Create the stage, then copy it and rename that one as a function. Then, in your master script, use #include_function and execute the function.
What is he saying here?
I'm clueless ;_;  :persona:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:14:25 AM by Qwertyzxcv »

Drake

« Reply #738 on: March 17, 2013, 01:42:52 AM »
It's about game structure. That strategy is to create one "core" stage script, where you #include the rest of the stages that are defined in their own files. In each stage file, it would contain things like the overall stage procedure or background drawing, defined as tasks or functions. It would also contain declaration of variables used in the stage. Then to run each stage you would call the appropriate functions from the core stage script.

Whoever said that worded it really weirdly. In a usual stage script you already have the one stage task that you start from @Initialize, the only difference is that you won't necessarily be executing it on @Initialize. For example, you might run a stage2() task at the end of a stage1() task that you called in @Initialize. Similarly, the background will be its own function or task, rather than being typed directly in @BackGround.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #739 on: March 17, 2013, 03:23:26 AM »
Thanks! :D

And I have another question:
  if(GetPoint == 100){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(250);}
  if(GetPoint == 250){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(500);}
  if(GetPoint == 500){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(800);}
  if(GetPoint == 800){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(1100);}
  if(GetPoint == 1100){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(1500);}
  if(GetPoint == 1500){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(2000);}
  if(GetPoint == 2000){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(0);}
  if(GetPoint > 50){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(100);}
  if(GetPoint > 100){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(250);}
  if(GetPoint > 250){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(500);}
  if(GetPoint > 500){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(800);}
  if(GetPoint > 800){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(1100);}
  if(GetPoint > 1100){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(1500);}
  if(GetPoint > 1500){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(2000);}
  if(GetPoint > 2000){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(0);}
Why does it give the player infinite lives?? And is there an easier way to write it?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:29:13 PM by Qwertyzxcv »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #740 on: March 17, 2013, 02:41:08 PM »
Thanks! :D

And I have another question:
  if(GetPoint == 100){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(250);}
  if(GetPoint == 250){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(500);}
  if(GetPoint == 500){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(800);}
  if(GetPoint == 800){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(1100);}
  if(GetPoint == 1100){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(1500);}
  if(GetPoint == 1500){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(2000);}
  if(GetPoint == 2000){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(0);}
  if(GetPoint > 50){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(100);}
  if(GetPoint > 100){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(250);}
  if(GetPoint > 250){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(500);}
  if(GetPoint > 500){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(800);}
  if(GetPoint > 800){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(1100);}
  if(GetPoint > 1100){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(1500);}
  if(GetPoint > 1500){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(2000);}
  if(GetPoint > 2000){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); SetNormPoint(0);}
Why does it give the player infinite lives?? And is there an easier way to write it?

It gives infinite lives because if GetPoint > 50, you're getting 8 lives per frame. That entire second half seems to be an entire chunk of counterintuitive code.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #741 on: March 17, 2013, 03:37:56 PM »
It gives infinite lives because if GetPoint > 50, you're getting 8 lives per frame. That entire second half seems to be an entire chunk of counterintuitive code.
How do I fix it? Do I just take out the entire second half?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #742 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »
How do I fix it? Do I just take out the entire second half?

I think that might work. But you should test it and experiment a bit. SetNormPoint only sets the display, as you've probably heard.

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #743 on: March 17, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »
I think that might work. But you should test it and experiment a bit. SetNormPoint only sets the display, as you've probably heard.
When I only keep the ==, nothing happens. ???
And I put ExtendPlayer(1); for an extra life.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #744 on: March 17, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
...I think it's an issue with the execution order of Danmakufu. If it registers multiple points as being collected on one frame, then it might skip the extend check. I can't do much more to help right now because my usual BS method is to make a variable that checks to see whether you have hit the point count. Always a sloppy way.

if(GetPoint == 50){Extendstate = 1; SetNormPoint(100);}
if(GetPoint == 100){Extendstate = 1; SetNormPoint(250);} //etc.
if(Extendstate = 1){ExtendPlayer(1); PlaySE(ext); Extendstate = 0;}
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:13:52 PM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #745 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »
...I think it's an issue with the execution order of Danmakufu. If it registers multiple points as being collected on one frame, then it might skip the extend check. I can't do much more to help right now because my usual BS method is to make a variable that checks to see whether you have hit the point count. Always a sloppy way.
Aww...but that means if I kept the second part it wont skip the extend? It would still give me infinite lives...;_; I kind of want to see your method, do any of your projects have it?

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #746 on: March 17, 2013, 04:51:19 PM »
Aww...but that means if I kept the second part it wont skip the extend? It would still give me infinite lives...;_; I kind of want to see your method, do any of your projects have it?

I've never used the system before, so I don't even know if it works. It probably does, but it's bad code, and is just an excuse to bypass something. You can try it, but... if you give me a sec, I'll test it out.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:58:47 PM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #747 on: March 17, 2013, 04:56:33 PM »
I've never used the system before, so I don't even know if it works. It probably does, but it's bad code, and is just an excuse to bypass something. You can try it, but... if you give me a sec, I'll test it out.
So...how exactly do I do it?  :derp:

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #748 on: March 17, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »

Oops. My code didn't work. Let me try again. I'm going to try with arrays.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:03:38 PM by Sparen »

Qwertyzxcv

• yas
  • k!
« Reply #749 on: March 17, 2013, 05:06:33 PM »
Oops. My code didn't work. Let me try again. I'm going to try with arrays.
Ok, how long is it anyway? I don't want to bother you by making you write an insane amount of code...