Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 418038 times)

Not sure what might be the issue with some of those lines.
New patch adding translations to expansion locations on the map. Also the quest clear and fail messages. Various spelling fixes too. Should probably be the last one barring anything else big.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kftdyvh9ws4xwwt

Cool, thanks.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
According to atwiki, 無呼吸連打 (currently translated as Breathless Strikes") is actually Apnea Rush, special move of Speck in Baki the Grappler.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
As well, Youmu's stance POW trees are rather misleading, as the 10 point "Skill Damage Increase" is actually an increase in how much the stance's buff increases your stats.

There's also inconsistency with weapons that have the Spirit/Ghost slayer, which is the same thing. (...didn't it used to be Elementals? Ah, less important) Ex:Kusanagi sword and 2h sword Hauteclaire say Ghosts, while Pinaka spear says Spirits, which is consistent with the Encyclopedia labeling.

Axe pow tree 10 point Bludgeoning is typoed as Bludgenoning. And while watching a stream within the last few days I saw an error in stage 18 boss dialogue with Akame, where it says "Sea Urchain" or something similar, instead of Sea Urchin. (Not sure whether or not this was an old patch version)

Also, the 25 point bonus on Staves has always (at least in expansion, dunno about non-expansion) given 3 mp regen, but it only says 2.

There's some inconsistency about some bonuses where "Physical attacks occasionally hit multiple times", as in some trees (swords,) it only applies to normal attacks, where in some others (Katanas) it applies to any physical attack including skills, spellcards, and last words. Lithos has the correct labeling, Cirno has the ambigious one and I'm honestly not sure which it's supposed to be, and then there's Reisen's which is uh... I think it only applies to non-card skills as it says Danmaku and that sounds familiar from previous game experiences so I'm not entirely sure what to say there.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:46:53 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Sword, Remilia, Sakuya, Cirno's Weapons: Normal attacks occasionally becomes Multi-Strike(Attacking twice, translation from Sakuya's Armor)
Alice, Mokou, Youmu's Weapons, Cirno's Strongest: Physical attacks occasionally becomes Multi-Strike.
Marisa, Patchouli : Almost the same.

Lithos Golden Sword : Normal attacks occasionally hit 2 times. (It's the only different one)

The staves, it also says 'Meditation : 2' on the Japanese Version.

Indefatigable Earrings V should be RES +50, instead of RES +40.
Mokou's God Hand should be CRT +10. instead of Death +10.
Youmu's Doujigiri Yasutsuna has [Slayer : Foreign Gods, Youkai], instead of just [Slayer : Foreign Gods]
Signature

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
The staves, it also says 'Meditation : 2' on the Japanese Version.
I'm not surprised, but it's still very much wrong and should be corrected.

Also, Sakuya's armor lets skills go twice too, unless they changed it.

Oh.. and the Pagoda (Item 773) says double circle resist. It should only be full circle. Unless that's an actual game error and it seriously has that much.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
Not sure what might be the issue with some of those lines.

I think I finally figured it out, turns out that for some reason, one of the non-translation data files became corrupted. (I kinda thought this was the case when my land level gauges stopped appearing, yet everything still worked...). A reinstall from scratch seems to have solved the problem, I don't get missing lose lines anymore under the same conditions (and I should know, I'm still snapping photos with Aya.)

I'm actually quite impressed that I'm able to make it FAR into the game without a CTD.  The Weekend patch must've been really, really tight code.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Aya's Stardust Fan says +30% evasion, but it should be +30

Cirno's in-bestiary Report description has a typo, and so does the dialouge that appears after you beat her in expansion (she says "erally")
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 06:00:49 AM by Serela »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Reisen's armor No. 507 'Hourai Seal Summer Clothes' should be 'Hourai Brand Summer Clothes'
Accessory No. 719 'Elegant Guard' should be 'Element Guard'
Marisa's Lv.92 skill 'Final Laser' should be [Wide Pirece], not [Multi-Target].

EDIT : The help book in the entrance of Stage 3 Forest of Magic, it should be the Party command.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 11:49:25 AM by Sungho »
Signature

SusiKette

• @MainLoop { yield; }
EDIT!
Oops! I replies to wrong topic. I clicked the "next >>" at the right, but didn't notice it changed the whole topic (i tought it changed page, lol)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:44:49 PM by Yukkuri_Yukkuri_Yukkuri »

Thanks for reporting those errors. Fixed them.
http://www.mediafire.com/?gcdk6c7cqkk64j4
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 12:13:00 AM by TheNewGuy »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Wonderful! <3

That's nice.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
More errors:

-Elec God Armor is currently spelled as "Eelec" God armor.
-Youmu's Soul Severing Sword says [Wide Spread] when it should be [Small Spread] (or [Small Area]), same as Enlightened Sword
-Marisa's Commander Bonus says "All damage down 3%", When it should be "All damage done +3%" or something similar.
-Currently, the game isn't very clear on 结界 and 障壁, and call them all "barrier". For accessories this isn't much of a problem because all the magic damage-reducing barrier accessories say "magic damage reduced" instead, but it leads to some problems in character growths. Namely, Patchouli and Sanae's Magical Barrier are 障壁 (evasion) and Remilia's Magical Barrier is 结界 (damage reduction).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
-Currently, the game isn't very clear on 结界 and 障壁, and call them all "barrier". For accessories this isn't much of a problem because all the magic damage-reducing barrier accessories say "magic damage reduced" instead, but it leads to some problems in character growths. Namely, Patchouli and Sanae's Magical Barrier are 障壁 (evasion) and Remilia's Magical Barrier is 结界 (damage reduction).
Byakuren's armors have Magic Barrier too iirc, as does one of the formations.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Byakuren's armor is evasion; Wall of Faith is damage reduction.

Maybe it would be easier to just call the evasion one Magic Evade or something for clarity?

Also, I've been curious for a while now - why is Alice's skill called Marionette Parrar? Near as I can tell, parrar doesn't seem like a very good fit in terms of what it means, even leaving aside that it's Spanish while marionette is English. I've always figured Parel would be a closer fit ("a parel of marionettes" sort of thing).

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
That would fit, since I've heard it termed as Marionette Peril too.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Parrar seems like it fits (As she spreads out the dolls in the formation given by the word in the actual spellcard iirc, and theoretically so in GoS to hold up the shields or whatever), but Parel also seems like it would fit.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
It could be translated as "boundary" , or maybe just "obstruction" (since that's... kind of what a 障壁 is)

It's Parrar in PCB. The Japanese touhou wiki lists it has being from parrar, parar, or pas la roux. The spelling doesn't fit 'parel', and as Serela said the dolls spread out to cover allies.

I suppose I can see how the meaning fits there. That said, I'm looking at a list of all of Alice's PCB spellcards right now and none of them have Parrar or パラル in them. Nor is that word in any of her spellcards in any other game, as far as I can see. And for what it's worth, I've totally seen "e" sounds spelled with an A character in Katakana before, depending on how they're pronounced. That being said, I guess it doesn't really matter much, it just looks a bit odd to be mixing languages like that to me.

Though now that I'm on the subject, what's up with Rage Eight? That one's spelled something like レイジーエイト last I checked. Considering the elongated ジー there, "Rage" doesn't fit very well. In the old patches, it was called Radiate IIRC, which fit the pronunciation pretty well, and I know I've seen Lazy Eight too, which works too. Is there any reason for it be called Rage Eight? I don't have the manual or anything, so if they give it like that there, then that's cool, just wondering.

操符「マリオネットパラル」
Puppeteer Sign "Marionette Parrar"
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Cherry_Blossom/Spell_Cards/Lost_Spell_Cards

Radiate would be ラジエート. So it fits even less than rage. I switched it to Lazy Eight.

Oh huh, I didn't even know that was a thing! Learn something new every day.

And yeah, you're probably right about Radiate. I'd agree that Lazy Eight makes the most sense (she gets lazy and only hits four times  :V)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Lazy Eights are some kind of thing (although I don't remember what...) so that also makes sense in that form.

hey ive kinda had this problem for three days now but i cant seem to find the actual game v3.1 ???? ive got the english patch for it but the genius of sappheiros weekend game i cant find could someone help as its my first game of this type ive wanted to play and its realli bugging me now

hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here. I've got a bit of a problem and i was hoping you guys might be able to help me out. See about a week ago i started getting spash screens while starting the game telling me to link my game up to my twitter, if i ignored this then i could play the game normally but the sound wouldn't work and the game would not save, this problem persisted even after i linked up to twitter and will not go away. If anybody has any information that could help me, i would greatly appreciate it.

The 3.01 patch is downloaded from Strawberry Bose's website.  We don't support piracy of the base game here.