Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 418072 times)

Does anyone know how exactly Gamer Fan (and its Pro version) work?
Do I need to hit the monster with it, or deal the finishing blow, or is it enough to have it equipped on a party member? Does it work when equipped on the commander? How much does it increase the drop rate, is it a constant addition like a +0.2% chance added to the drop rate, or a multiplication, like everything drops 50% more often, similarly to Byakuren's LW? Does it still make a noticeable difference in Weekend?

About Reimu's skill, shouldn't the growth screen say "Heal some permanent statuses", then? Right now it just says permanent.

About Satori, I got Medurite Beam, and it seems to do nice damage. Nowhere near Patchy or Lithos, or even Marisa, but it's a useful low cost backup in case they run out of bombs or MP. Might become useful when Patchy and Lithos reaches 99 and I'll need to find alternative damage sources for leveling to avoid wasting exp on maxed characters. The other endgame spells seem to be available on the next stage only, so I guess I should start it soon. I want to at least get the more important equipment from stage 21 first, like those armors, now that the droprate makes them actually possible to get, before going to the next stage.
Mad Thunder seems to be ok, too. Does about 3x 1k damage, that's actually comparable to Sakuya's 3-hit sword attack. Took a while to learn, it seems to never hit the center spot in the formation, and Satori was standing there. Got it on the first attempt as soon as I moved her to somewhere else.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Mad Thunder is great since one of the strats for Terminator Mk.II involves using Satori's debuff, and Mad Thunder is one of the strongest things to hit it with; and, since you'll want lots of the Super Aja it gives... or even just the EXP/sidequest reset (it appears a lot...), I ended up doing that fight a lot. Especially considering you're talking about hitting 99s? That means you will see that battle a LOT.

Medullite Ray is basically a weaker version of Medoroa (but it costs a lot less mp I imagine)

Also maybe a thread for the game should be made in Help Me Eirin again instead of the translation thread being the game discussion thread :V
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I agree with that, especially now that the game got popular again thanks to Weekend's translation patch. Hopefully it won't get locked because nobody cared about it once again. How many times has it been already?

By the way, Mad Thunder is simply AMAZING if you get it from Iku, which is a lot easier now with its raised learning chance, but still requires you to pull some stunts in order to beat her before she hits you with Thunderclap. Kurenai, Anasthasis and a lot of encounters get a lot easier with that spell. In comparison, Thunderclap is just... meh.

Mad Thunder is great since one of the strats for Terminator Mk.II involves using Satori's debuff, and Mad Thunder is one of the strongest things to hit it with; and, since you'll want lots of the Super Aja it gives... or even just the EXP/sidequest reset (it appears a lot...), I ended up doing that fight a lot. Especially considering you're talking about hitting 99s? That means you will see that battle a LOT.

Also maybe a thread for the game should be made in Help Me Eirin again instead of the translation thread being the game discussion thread :V
I agree we need that thread, however, Reimu's permanent healing ability is related to the translation. I still think it should say "heals SOME permanent effects" in the game instead of just healing permanents. I have no idea what it said in the original language, but it will usually cost a boss battle or two to be unable to recover your party from, let's say, petrify, when you expect that you can.

Terminator mk II, well, I already killed it 3 times but I have no recipes that need Super Aja. Even the first 3 times I killed it only to make the quests reset. I'm using the Patchy+Alice strategy to kill it, it is much safer. Debuff strategy is risky because it might dispel itself before attacking and then it's game over. I only used that the first time I defeated it, because I didn't have good enough accessories to tank it with Alice at that time. Satori doesn't have a field spell to enhance thunder damage, so I expect Patchy to still be the superior option for that battle.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Well, that's why I used Patchouli -and- Satori; (Satori's Self-hypnotism buff helps) but if you can only pick one, then, yeah.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but when I try to run the game, I get this error:

(My DirectX is 9.0c)

Sweetness and love~ ♥

It says that directX 9 isn't installed and to run the latest DirectX9 installer again. Make sure you have the latest revision of Dx9.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I had the same problem with starting 2.06, so I used the ".old" exe from the older version instead. But... after 2.06 I never had the issue.

I'm not sure if there's a way to do that with 3.00 though... o_o You could try using a compatibility mode. Also, make sure you have japanese locale on!

Is it me or does the Scarlet Devil Mansion not give out drops? I ran through the SDM 4 times or so and I no drops.

It does I've gotten a knife that has slayer against magicians before.

No, I meant not weapon drops, but stuff like iron, steel, etc. Ever since the Weekend patch when I do a run through SDM to do Sakuya's quest, I get no drops.

Edit: changed a typo.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:18:22 AM by Starxsword »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
So... I updated my directx and finally got the game to work.

Now I'm currently on Stage 5. My party formation is the Hakurei Type:

Sakuya, Aya (in the front for physical attacks)
Sanae (in the middle for healing and buff)
Marisa, Patchouli (in the rear for magical attacks)
Reimu: Commander.

I'll probably stick with this formation till the end of the game since they're doing the job quite well. But I'd just like to ask something... who are the best physical attackers/tanks in the game, the best buffers/healers and the best magical fighters? I'd just like to know that so I can change the party members properly in the future.

Also, how am I supposed to find Mokou on the Bamboo Forest? There's nothing there aside from a seemingly endless maze...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:41:21 PM by Magic The Shastri »

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Konami code. That's how you find Mokou.
She's a great tank, maybe not the best, but she'll hold you well until you get Alice.

You can also get Byakuren early by chilling at the Myouren Temple for a real-world hour.
She's one of the best buffers in the game. Particularly valued for Hyper Trigger.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Thanks.

Also, OH MY GOD! THOSE FUCKING MINDFLAYERS!!

Seriously, I've never seen such a cheap enemy before... they're giving me more trouble than I had against alice.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I should probably point out there's a thread for this game in Help Me Eirin for game discussion; this is more for reporting things related to the patch, like any possible glitches.

...for that matter, several people in the thread have reported a weird glitch happening when encountering miniboss enemies, but I'm not sure whether it's actually related to the patch or not, so.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
tried doing no mokou+byakuren run haha its just way easier when they are present

anyway the link for weekend translation patch is broken
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

I'm panickmodoing.
I didn't realize the translation for weekend was finished (or at least a version had been released)... and now the links are broken when I arrive!

can someone reupload or repost the link to a working download?

Ok, so.
Who should I be talking to about making patches for/editing this game? I've got some work for them.

TheNewGuy

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
I'm panickmodoing.
I didn't realize the translation for weekend was finished (or at least a version had been released)... and now the links are broken when I arrive!

can someone reupload or repost the link to a working download?
English patch.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

excuse me while I got waste the next few days of my life with this game.

New patch version. Fixed expansion game loser lines not showing up. Some typo corrections.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hqytuktj159kjx5

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
The Formation names in the Formations section still don't match up to what you see in the party menu (eg: Hypnotic Bullet shows up as Hypnotic Barretr, Hinotori Skydance shows up as Hinotori Heaven Dance Formation).  Small issue tho - I realize those are likely images rather than fonts and might be a bit difficult to change...

HGH

I've been seeing a great deal of players reporting that they're coming out of the SDM (first visit) with leftover silver keys, despite having opened all silver chests. They haven't missed anything and have all the chests opened in that area according to their stats, so I've been wondering if there's possibly a new door or chest, or a bug in the weekend version, or maybe even in the translation. Could it be possible to get some confirmation on this issue?

Someone told me to post this here, so here I am.

Basically, no numbers show up in my game, as well as no attack animation, which make the game unplayable. Dialogue is unaffected strangely.

I precise that I used game files coming from a friend, and it's indeed showing up as 3.0 version.

(Edited out most of the previous post since I figured out it was an error and didn't want to alarm people)

Re: HGH's post, the silver key thing in the SDM is mentioned in the JP wiki's game bugs list as of version 2.08.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:16:15 PM by Reiska »

I can confirm it. I got the silver key glitch on Weekend too before the english patch was out.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:47:36 PM by Hinacle »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I had an extra silver key back in 2.06 before that version's english patch was even done, so it's nothing new.

achicken

....I think I know where my missing Netherworld silver key went. <_< Unfortunately it still means I can't have it, not mine. >_>

achicken

Fixed expansion game loser lines not showing up.

I'll try redownloading the patch, but I'm starting to get empty lines again. This seems to happen consistently when Aya is the uppermost character in any given formation.