Author Topic: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2 Weekend Patch  (Read 417791 times)

Re: 東方蒼神縁起 -残暑- ~ The Genius of Sappheiros Translation Thread 2
« Reply #420 on: December 05, 2011, 08:25:20 PM »
@TheNewGuy:
In case of confusion, you may want to change that to 2.06.
Unless there is a patch version 2.07...

Woops!

« Reply #421 on: December 13, 2011, 07:44:02 AM »
Just installed the game, patched and replaced. After the begining scenes began out of the Hakurei Shrine, and stepped back there.
And the first help book next to the stairs is untranslated.
Could you help me, please? What's it saying? Would it be translated later?
A wandering Russian newbie.

« Reply #422 on: December 13, 2011, 10:06:17 AM »
All I remember is that it is something unimportant.

« Reply #423 on: December 15, 2011, 06:01:58 AM »
Just installed the game, patched and replaced. After the begining scenes began out of the Hakurei Shrine, and stepped back there.
And the first help book next to the stairs is untranslated.
Could you help me, please? What's it saying? Would it be translated later?

It tells you the basic controls I think... but of course you have to move and interact with it to read it in the first place...

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #424 on: December 19, 2011, 06:03:04 PM »
EDIT: I really should update to latest patch before complaining.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 05:20:58 PM by RegalStar »

« Reply #425 on: December 22, 2011, 04:58:07 AM »
In the pause menu while in the Hakurei Shrine... the location is displayed as "Hakure Shrine."

I'm positive it was correct in the previous version.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #426 on: December 22, 2011, 11:02:56 PM »
Dark Breath is still DRK Breath, which now that my Satori actually -knows- it, is minorly squicky. Other then the the patch is mostly awesome as usual :3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #427 on: December 25, 2011, 02:25:30 AM »
Are the monster formations data stored anywhere in those .csv files? It would be nice to know where to have the best chances of encountering something I want to encounter (like sunflowers in stage 8 - apparently they only show up in bulk in the first map or something)

« Reply #428 on: December 26, 2011, 02:29:12 AM »
this is a bit unrelated but I hope someone can help me with this, well not really me but my friend
so my friend downloaded the bulk update for version 2.06 but the update just sit at 0%, I know he has the right link to the version becuz I gave it to him myself. I'm trying to figure out why it's not updating for him but can't seem to find out why. Can anyone help me out?

« Reply #429 on: December 26, 2011, 03:05:13 AM »
Did he completed his download for that update patch, or was it interrupted midway?
That update patch is 60.6 MB. Here is the strawberry bose website: http://www.gensoukyou.org/bose02/update.html
Scroll down a little bit and you will see: 2.00→2.06へ一括アップデートができます。
That is the link you want to click on, it will update your version from 2.00 to 2.06.
Also, make sure the game is Genius of Sappheiros ~ Lingering Summer Heat.
That patch is for Lingering Summer Heat and not just Genius of Sappheiros.

« Reply #430 on: December 26, 2011, 04:02:19 AM »
ok the Lingering Summerheat might be the problem, I'll check it out

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #431 on: December 28, 2011, 07:39:19 PM »
Monster #47 doesn't have a name in the encyclopedia. I have yet to determine whether it has one when you actually encounter it (I'll go back to stage 6 after I'm finished with 15).

Also, Pinaka should have Slayer: Spirits rather than Slayer: Ghosts.

(And I'm still waiting for the answer whether monster formation data are present in the csv files or not...)

« Reply #432 on: December 30, 2011, 07:44:57 AM »
Monster #47 doesn't have a name in the encyclopedia. I have yet to determine whether it has one when you actually encounter it (I'll go back to stage 6 after I'm finished with 15).

Also, Pinaka should have Slayer: Spirits rather than Slayer: Ghosts.

(And I'm still waiting for the answer whether monster formation data are present in the csv files or not...)

Thanks for letting me know.
As for monster formations, there is no convenient way of determining what makes up the formation. The monster.csv file contains data for "mobs" which is just stored as digits, this may have to do with what monsters appear together. There is also no indication of where in a map they could be found. There is nothing explicit in terms of monster assignment in the map.csv either. Sorry.

« Reply #433 on: December 30, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »
this question is more related to the new Devil of Decline game, but I was curious about it regarding GoS as well: how do I open the .pak files? I do have a translated Graphelion here, but I don't know the right Graphic Type which Strawberry Bose used.

Or is there some other clever way to extract the BGM? Maybe I chose the wrong approach to begin with...

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #434 on: December 30, 2011, 09:48:31 PM »
Thanks for letting me know.
As for monster formations, there is no convenient way of determining what makes up the formation.
region.csv contains collections of enemy formations.  The mons01-mons15 columns references an enemy in monster.csv.  The file as a whole is rather confusing, though.

No way that I've seen of determining where enemies can be encountered.

The monster.csv file contains data for "mobs" which is just stored as digits, this may have to do with what monsters appear together.
And only some of the enemy data is in that file.  It also references other files for things like their skills as well as elemental and status resistances.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #435 on: January 01, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »
Does anyone have an archive of the update patches? I've only got 2.02x, 2.03x and 2.04.

Arknarok

• Give my nose back!
  • I translate stuff
« Reply #436 on: January 01, 2012, 01:36:34 PM »
Does anyone have an archive of the update patches? I've only got 2.02x, 2.03x and 2.04.
http://g-mirror.gptwm.com/ichigobouzu/souzin_enki2/index.html - 2.x patches.
http://g-mirror.gptwm.com/ichigobouzu/souzin_enki/index.html - 1.x patches.

« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2012, 02:36:48 PM »
Pre-expansion the game almost never crashed, but now I basically need to do every single character quest twice. This is annoying as shit. System locale is japanese, compability set to 95. What's wrong? I know that it's not easy to determine, but I would really appreciate your help

Also, regarding the translation: there are a lot of untranslated loser tips, are you aware of that issue?

« Reply #438 on: January 13, 2012, 05:24:39 AM »
Well, maybe try some other compatibility modes. I don't really crash on character quests, so I have no idea what is wrong.

« Reply #439 on: January 16, 2012, 02:10:48 AM »
...why is my suggestion being ignored?

DONT RUN IT ON COMPATIBILITY MODE
DONT RUN IT IN APPLOCALE

someone who is crashing repeatedly, please try this and report the results.

The reason behind using applocale was the original Japanese text, if I'm not mistaken. But with the font change, the only Japanese text left appears as images, which shouldn't require applocale.
Compatibility mode was used to synch WITH APPLOCALE. no applocale = no compatibility mode. The game ought to run fine if it's patched correctly. At least, it has for me, and for the 4-5 other people I've shared it with. *shiftyeyesquestionablemethodofacquisition*

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #440 on: January 16, 2012, 03:02:08 AM »
...why is my suggestion being ignored?

DONT RUN IT ON COMPATIBILITY MODE
DONT RUN IT IN APPLOCALE

someone who is crashing repeatedly, please try this and report the results.

The reason behind using applocale was the original Japanese text, if I'm not mistaken. But with the font change, the only Japanese text left appears as images, which shouldn't require applocale.
It's not just a matter of what the characters in the text are, it is what the encoding of the tables that contain that text are (last I checked, that's Shift-JIS).

Compatibility mode was used to synch WITH APPLOCALE. no applocale = no compatibility mode. The game ought to run fine if it's patched correctly. At least, it has for me, and for the 4-5 other people I've shared it with. *shiftyeyesquestionablemethodofacquisition*
Last I checked the game will crash without compatibility mode even if you aren't using AppLocale (I have this problem with Windows default language setting on Japanese).  Using compatibility mode (or if you're willing to tinker with ACT, the EmulateHeap fix) just means that the game never knows about the bad things it is doing and you'll still have those odd random crashes instead of the easily reproducible ones (just talk to an NPC).
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #441 on: January 16, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »
Compatibility mode was used to synch WITH APPLOCALE. no applocale = no compatibility mode.
nope, the english translation pretty much doesn't work without crashing most people if you don't use a compatibility mode (This almost entirely stopped the translation patch progress because they thought it was borked and there was no solution, then BAM compatibility modes)

It's system-dependent though, some people can run it fine without compatibility (And some people can't run it perfectly even WITH it.)

I personally had to do Mokou's recruit quest about 8 times and Satori's twice, the rest worked in one try. At least Mokou and Satori were  easy fights for me >_>;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2012, 07:23:15 PM »
Eh. I guess it's just me, then...

« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2012, 07:38:00 PM »
Ok, so I got the game, updated it to 107 and 206, put the english patch in according to this site, http://www.craneanime.com/2011/09/thourpg.html, but my game keeps on crashing when I am fighting. Any advice? Or can someone create an expanded and updated version with the English patch for download since I am unsure on how to install the english patch and the cvs's. Everything else is fine, but when I am fighting the game just closes on me or if it does let me fight, then when I click on any move other than the first selection it crashes. Also, is it just me, or does the Growth command not work?

The only thing you need to do to install the English patch is use the .pak files from the download at the end of the first post. you don't need the cvs. Make sure that you are running the game in windows 95 compatibility mode, and that your system's locale is set to japanese.

Try running the game with the original .paks and see if it crashes still. Having the growth command crash the game has happened without the game being in English.  If the crashes happen while untranslated you'll need to reinstall the game. 

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #444 on: January 26, 2012, 02:29:53 AM »
That's something that happens when people apply the english patch without the game patched to 2.06.

Does it say 2.06 in the window name when it's running? If it doesn't, the patch didn't actually work for whatever reason. You'll have to take off the english patch and try to patch it to 2.06 again.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:32:00 AM by Serela »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #445 on: January 30, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »
Just when you thought things were okay, version 2.07 out of nowhere!

Bad news - it's completely different from the GoS engine as it is now running on a ghost of the Devil of Decline engine.

Good news - if you crack this one, DoD's translation should be much easier.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #446 on: January 30, 2012, 08:03:24 PM »
Well this was unexpected. It is however quite a blessing.
DoD has been ready for translation for a bit, I've just been waiting for the patches to cool down before I started up a thread. Preliminary tests had shown that it took to translation much better than GoS, but I wasn't sure.
After this patch GoS no longer crashes after talking to Akyuu or after the first cutscene with no 95 compatibility. I don't know if it will effect everyone but it seems to be much, much more stable than before.

Some scripts may have been moved, this might of untranslated a few of the help books. I'll check that out before uploading the patch again. 

Edit: There seem to be some bugs in the 2.07 patch so I may wait until the game gets patched again before a new English patch.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:06:08 PM by TheNewGuy »

« Reply #447 on: January 30, 2012, 08:24:05 PM »
Well, that's great news on the translation stability at least.

And yeah, even though this patch gave us hilarious glitches such as really fat Youmu (more like it stretched her model so much that it looks really stupid), there's also some bad bugs in there, so good call on that. I think we'll see a few more patches, though, before it's safe to upload the patch.

« Reply #448 on: January 31, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »
Wow, I actually don't expect to update this game ever again.

« Reply #449 on: February 03, 2012, 09:43:21 PM »
New patch for 2.08!
http://www.mediafire.com/?daoer9x2teopvri

Everything should be working, but let me know if strange stuff happens. Try running the game without 95 compatibility, it would be nice to see how stable things may be.