Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 122096 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 3-
« Reply #930 on: January 21, 2012, 09:29:06 AM »
I felt Serela was worse than Dormio to keep around and set my vote early. If someone survives being lynched on D1 it means they proved themselves worth keeping alive. I would place Dormio as more useful than Serela by any standard and alignment.

I figure his chase on BT is a remnant of D1 OMGUS. Looking at how the votes shifted to Rawr once PX claimed, BT's lynch lost its supporters. Dormio already said he didn't want to lynch PX. It would seem that his vote had nowhere else to go but on Rawr, even if for the sake of getting a lynch.

We need a flip from you or Conq to determine if the bashing is legit or not. If you're deciding Dormio is scummy because of links with Conq, it doesn't work because neither of them have flipped yet.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #931 on: January 21, 2012, 09:43:58 AM »
I figure his chase on BT is a remnant of D1 OMGUS. Looking at how the votes shifted to Rawr once PX claimed, BT's lynch lost its supporters. Dormio already said he didn't want to lynch PX. It would seem that his vote had nowhere else to go but on Rawr, even if for the sake of getting a lynch.
Sense, makes none. Dormio blames me for making empty unvotes, and you clearly here agree with his empty vote on a wagon which wasn't hot yet. How did anybody know Rawr wagon would go hot?

If you're deciding Dormio is scummy because of links with Conq, it doesn't work because neither of them have flipped yet.
And I asked you what you think of his "I don't know about Conq" on Conq's claim. Stop dodging.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #932 on: January 21, 2012, 09:49:43 AM »
Quote from: Shadoweh
~logic~
Conq - My Townie BFF
Hello. Is there anything outside of assumptions based off of a reasonable/standard balance that make Conq legit? And why do his interactions with PX fit well with TownWatcher!Conq and don't with Scum!Conq?
Because he waffled wrong at me. Although I supose it could be Affinity + Zakeri. I believe BT could also be scum due to his lack of fakeclaim experience. As scum he literally claimed his role. Also Serela clones, bullets, face. Obviously it's not Affinity + Zak + BT that would be alot of scums. You understand what I mean about the watcher at least.
So I had this one rushed post of mines which reminds you of Serela, you keep completely disregarding the reasons I did present for my Conq vote, something about fakeclaims I do not get the relevance of AT ALL, and I'm your top scumpick?

Reading. Trying to. Some things in this day just make my head spin.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #933 on: January 21, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »
Sense, makes none. Dormio blames me for making empty unvotes, and you clearly here agree with his empty vote on a wagon which wasn't hot yet. How did anybody know Rawr wagon would go hot?

And I asked you what you think of his "I don't know about Conq" on Conq's claim. Stop dodging.

His posts are horrible to read. I read the votecounts and other people's posts.

You're trying to draw a conclusion on Dormio based on his words about an unflipped player. The only way to read it is to flip said player.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #934 on: January 21, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
@mod: Zak disappeared. Good night.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #935 on: January 21, 2012, 09:59:29 AM »
BT is a general town read, given that I thought him right yesterday over Conq, but given a limited range of suspects he has had the entire game, this opinion is subject to change depending on Dormio's and Conq's flips, but in general I'm fine with the way he pursued Dormio and Conq so far.
I'll pretend the guy who followed my Conq vote ever since I first raised it didn't just say this.

And since I may as well clarify: say I'm horribly wrong about Conq (which I don't think I am) and he flips town. Why are you setting me up to take the fall even though you constantly agree with my circumstances for voting him?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #936 on: January 21, 2012, 10:08:32 AM »
Hello. Is there anything outside of assumptions based off of a reasonable/standard balance that make Conq legit? And why do his interactions with PX fit well with TownWatcher!Conq and don't with Scum!Conq?
Have fun finding a time I didn't think Conq was legit. I'm sure it existed somewhere in the back cause I'm neurotic.  I think he's legit because he sounded just like me looking weirdly at the fakeclaim. Also because we're townie BFF's this game. There is no doubt in my mind this is a Town.

So I had this one rushed post of mines which reminds you of Serela, you keep completely disregarding the reasons I did present for my Conq vote, something about fakeclaims I do not get the relevance of AT ALL, and I'm your top scumpick?
It must be hard trying to paint me as scummy when I'm obvtown. I'd prefer if you reminded me of those reasons, perhaps attempted to reinsert those opinions you lost in that post, presented some thoughts on other people, and stopped voting my townie buddy. PS both Conq and Dormio are town if that helps your read of what Affinity said.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #937 on: January 21, 2012, 10:12:04 AM »
You're trying to draw a conclusion on Dormio based on his words about an unflipped player. The only way to read it is to flip said player.
I am asking you to express opinions, not conclusions. Since he so called Claimed Vanilla Town D1 L2. Of course he isn't flipped yet, I think that is given.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #938 on: January 21, 2012, 10:14:23 AM »
My opinion is that we need a flip.

I'll give you one first
[attach=1]

:V

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #939 on: January 21, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »
Have fun finding a time I didn't think Conq was legit. I'm sure it existed somewhere in the back cause I'm neurotic.  I think he's legit because he sounded just like me looking weirdly at the fakeclaim. Also because we're townie BFF's this game. There is no doubt in my mind this is a Town.

You want people to switch votes. You think Conq is town due to your gut. You want people to switch votes due to your gut?

It must be hard trying to paint me as scummy when I'm obvtown. I'd prefer if you reminded me of those reasons, perhaps attempted to reinsert those opinions you lost in that post, presented some thoughts on other people, and stopped voting my townie buddy. PS both Conq and Dormio are town if that helps your read of what Affinity said.

Do you need to be spoon-fed? The reasons are there, opinins on non-Conq are there, the fact you can't be arsed to find them only shows your willingness to actually read me. And that's a nice interpretation of what I'm doing, to be sure.
Not at home right now. Not on a PC right now.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #940 on: January 21, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »
When the wagons stalled 4-4, there was more than 36 hours left to possibly track other scums. Now we are T-10 hours and Town isn't scumhunting doing being dumb. I am even - this - close in invoking policy lynch on Zakeri for being lurktastic, because his latest post sounded was amazing dodging. "Because you know I'm not scum"? Really? Self fulfilling prophesies? . But I guess even Town is too pussy to do that.

Oh, unrelated to this game but need to be tossed out
On my 3 games of Mafia I noticed this game isn't about teamworking in finding scum. It is about people being egoistic trying to survive as many days and possible so at the end of the game they can brag how they survived until late game. Whether they win or lose. This was even something I noticed in Diablo Mafia when I was scum. I don't care if gamestyles are strategy or meta or w/e. It doesn't justify in my honest opinion the definition of 'having fun'. This is why people don't have the balls to actually play the game.

And no, I am not going to QQ out. I'll be staying alive until I hang on the town square. AFK DotS movie editing until Conq talks to impress me. If not, my vote stays on him.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #941 on: January 21, 2012, 03:55:24 PM »
@BT:

I never said anything about "letting you take the fall", just that you would deserve some scrutiny based on those flips.  It's just that, out of the entire playerbase, you have tunneled on only Conq and Dormio as potential scumreads throughout the entire game while giving generally well-explained town/null reads on everyone else.  Naturally, your 'towniness' rests on the alignments of those two; if they both flip town, for example, then your scumhunting the entire game would be for naught.

@Helepolis:

I am fine with your idea with quicklynching Zakeri, actually.  From the looks of it, I doubt we are getting a Conq lynch today, so whatever.

##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri

Also, what you said about Mafia in general is wrong in my opinion.  I'll come back to this post-game.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #942 on: January 21, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »
Not lynching Zak today. It's D3; we have bigger fish to fry. We get almost nowhere with his flip. Also, this kind of "let's consolidate on this guy we're all fine with lynching" thing is exactly what happened with rawr's lynch and I do not want a repeat.

Not to mention, he might get modkilled anyway.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #943 on: January 21, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »
Actually Conq can go suck Gungnirs.

I did a re-read again on Conq
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg775979.html#msg775979 <-- "Rawr wagon was a viable wagon" ? ? it had only 2 votes. Conq + shadoweh. How is that viable?
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg776537.html#msg776537 <-- Requests Shadoweh to use her vig, not on him but hinting on "his wagon" (Huh What at that time)
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg776445.html#msg776445 <-- Bardiche post on Conq, most outstanding for me.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777845.html#msg777845 <-- Pushes Pesco HW around.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777849.html#msg777849 <-- Responsive attack on a general statement I made + calling me scum. I think I clearly claimed Vanilla Town?
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777853.html#msg777853 <-- Calls people to read Affinity (again).
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777854.html#msg777854 <-- ? ? ? ?
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777860.html#msg777860 <-- Wasn't early claiming. You fail. Twice.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777862.html#msg777862 <-- Kissing ass of people.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777867.html#msg777867 <-- Sounds like PX was when Pesco started pushing him.
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777869.html#msg777869 <-- Pesco's post on "Bardiche track where".
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777870.html#msg777870 <-- Conq's response.

And his best posts
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777833.html#msg777833 <-- This is Conq's cherry post on me. "TL DR: Hele has no case, die scum"
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,11763.msg777834.html#msg777834 <-- Pushes REALLY hard on me.

TL DR: My vote stays.

GUT =D! read on Conq: I hope you die from the lynch you role blocker scum. There is no other reason for you to rolefish like crazy and kissing people's asses. I'll echo Bardiche's GUT and empower it with mine. And if you're Town, you sure failed to be pro-Town, but I think you are not.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #944 on: January 21, 2012, 09:20:54 PM »
Voting:
Helepolis (4): Huh What, Dormio, Conq, Zakeri (L-1)
Conq (3): Pesco, Helepolis, BT (L-2)
BT (1): Shadoweh
Zakeri (1): Affinity

Not Voting:
Conq is at L-2
Helepolis is at L-1

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline for day 3 is in ~4.5 hours Watch Timer Here

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #945 on: January 21, 2012, 09:59:39 PM »
Just got back from an exam after a study crunch. Approximate position of mafia on my carelist right now.

Everything else
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v
Mafia

I'm going to go get something to eat.

And if you're Town, you sure failed to be pro-Town, but I think you are not.
Again, if you're serious about this, there needs to be a post-game talk.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #946 on: January 21, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »
Skimming. Saw this.
If Conq is town and actually starts using his brain, he would actually search for other scum targets, since we both claimed.
:derp:  :derp:  :derp:

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Shadoweh

« Reply #947 on: January 21, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
Surviving isn't really pro-town either. Good townies go to the graveyard when they get nightkilled. (Or at least get shot at)
You want to quicklynch Zakeri before he gets another post? Well I supose he's on my suspect list.

##Unvote
##Vote: Zakeri

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Shadoweh

« Reply #948 on: January 21, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »
PS Conq you're doing it wrong, you have to be like this. <^________^> ~*~Townie Motivation~*~

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #949 on: January 21, 2012, 10:39:42 PM »
We will definitely have post-game talk, Conq.

##Unvote
##Vote BT

Bed time. Will miss the fun.

« Reply #950 on: January 21, 2012, 10:43:42 PM »
This is stupid.

I don't get what Hele is complaining about at all. When Town, I certainly don't play Mafia to survive instead of catching scum, and I can't think of any players here who have been acting like they do.

I am also totally baffled while after expressing dislike for both Dormio and Zak, Hele is switching to a quicklynch on BT of all people.

Shadoweh

« Reply #951 on: January 21, 2012, 10:51:30 PM »
There is a certain lack of effort when people are satisfied it's at least not them on the chopping block. I do express -.- at the vote on not-Zak right after I switched.

« Reply #952 on: January 21, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »
I've put effort into re-reading the thread ~multiple times~ and do not see a player who I find scummier than Helepolis. You people are fucking hipsters.

Shadoweh

« Reply #953 on: January 21, 2012, 11:11:23 PM »
Don't take it so personally huh whatty. :< You'll burn yourself out and you're probably going to be here until the end.

« Reply #954 on: January 21, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »
Why are we making up new quicklynches?
Are you telling me we spent all day not scumhunting?
Is every day going to be like this, where everyone talks about who they think is most likely scum, and then people just go "Nope" and switch off to a person nobody else has discussed before?

This is seriously scummy. Shadoweh is Scum MVP for doing this all day. Affinity is Scum for taking advantage of Shadoweh's refusal to look at the people everyone else thought were scum to move away from the deciding wagons. Helepolis is scum for doing the same thing except with a wagon that's not even going anywhere, and then disappearing right afterwards.

You guys aren't seriously going to force me to Deadline lynch myself, are you? Honestly, how much information and wagon analysis do you guys expect to get from just quicklynching everyone every day? Day one wagon analysis was completely useless, and day 2 barely has anything, and that's only because of a damned lucky shot.

« Reply #955 on: January 21, 2012, 11:27:46 PM »
I'm serious, Shadoweh, we spent all day talking about Helepolis and Conqueror, and everyone has chipped in something on those two. I want you to explain to me, in full detail, two pages double spaced, why policy lynching someone at random will produce more useful game related information than a flip, either town or scum, from a pair of wagons that have spent all day at L-1 and were the center of debate.

Shadoweh

« Reply #956 on: January 21, 2012, 11:43:28 PM »
No I'm not serious, but I did want to get a reaction out of you/others. You know I don't care about information over alignment. The two wagons look wrong to me, I'm not going to pretend to think they're a good idea because of information. Sadly I agree with you about the circumstances. So in a serious question, do you really think Affinity is scum?

Also I take umbrage to you calling me lucky. >:<

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #957 on: January 21, 2012, 11:53:07 PM »
Zakeri, there are things I find scummy about you, and I would like you to reply to it here.

« Reply #958 on: January 22, 2012, 12:25:25 AM »
I guess I'm speaking from a biased point of view, but I considered that town would be tired of having useless town flips by now.
Where do you plan to go after this, then? Who would you look into if I were scum? Who would you look into if I were town?

Affinity's voteswitch is scummy. HW and I both claimed we wouldn't mind seeing Conq Lynched, but would prefer Helepolis lynched. Affinity had the vote on Conq all day, but Conq never came off L-1 until his unvote. At no point did the Conq lynch seem like it was not going to happen, especially with the deciding vote going to whoever was gonna break first and go for the lynch. If Affinity really didn't want to lynch Helepolis, he could have just stayed on the Conq wagon and made a plea for someone else to switch.

I really don't see how there could be any town reason to start a new bandwagon this late in day 3 of all days. Unless Shadoweh would like to claim cop and investigation results on Helepolis and Conqueror (But even that wouldn't excuse Affinity's votehop.)

I do however retract the same accusation on Helepolis, since his vote did come after Affinity abandoned the Conq wagon, and the switch to a dead wagon is pretty derp regardless of alignment.

Cut: My subjective clear of PX was mostly based on his roleclaim. At the time of the claim, I thought it was stupid that people were being suck a stickler for flavor. I didn't question it, and I guess I was wrong.

Quote from: Affinity
If you case on huhwhat was mainly a work in progress as you say, then why didn't you elaborate it here, when huhwhat had already answered you?
I didn't elaborate in the linked post because I elaborated in the post I made before that post

It's not that I find Conqueror less scummy, it's that I find Helepolis more scummy. He had been blowing hot air all game, he seemed to have made a lot of useless cases that say almost nothing while trying to paint the targets in a negative light at the same time. I was also suspicious, and frankly still am at the fact that he included reasoning for defending PX, yet after his flip kept claiming he never said PX Wasn't scum.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #959 on: January 22, 2012, 12:40:34 AM »
Voting:
Helepolis (4): Huh What, Dormio, Conq, Zakeri (L-1)
Conq (2): Pesco,  BT
Zakeri (2): Affinity, Shadoweh
BT (1): Helepolis

Not Voting:
Helepolis is at L-1

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline for day 3 is in ~1 hour twenty minutes! Watch Timer Here