Author Topic: Path of Radiance Mafia -Game Over-  (Read 122084 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 3-
« Reply #840 on: January 20, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »
Since my Conq thing looks somewhat messy, summary: questionable PX town read, case on BT fluffed up with invalid accusations (e.g I can't understand why you are voting for Dormio), only to completely disregard it today as tunnel-town for little reason.  Nully D1, useless D2 other than a few token questions on rawr and pre-empting the Helepolis case today.  Don't buy that Conq was necessarily defending PX yesterday, but BT's point about Conq going after him while disregarding PX is interesting.  If Conq doubted PX's softclaim due to him lurking, shouldn't the suspicion order be the other way round?
Responded to this above. Inform me if you're not satisfied. Responded to the softclaim bit too. How many times do I have to say I didn't have a scumread on PX? >_>

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #841 on: January 20, 2012, 08:31:40 AM »
I'll claim here because Dormio and Conq are pretending to be scumhunting but in fact are pure focussing on me getting lynched. What thry are doing is not scunting. They didnt even question Zakeri's afk which bothers me. Cannot track any posts where zakeri was questioned except by a few people, and their names were not dormio and conq

I am 'Mist' supposing the sister of the main character in this game. My allignment is vanilla Town.

A job of a vanilla town is to look pro town as possible. Even if this is my third game I tried to do my best to look town as possible. Only scum would push and question me around this much. And given the current heat, it is indeed the case.

Funny again conq that you bring up role speculations for the 3rd time. Town, do not reveal anything to scum! I would gladly sacrifice myself for today if town can benefit from this. So even if town wants to lynch me, you better win at the end.

Currently moving to uni by bus. Willing to answer any question and if scum think i will self vote like my first game >>

Suck my charismatic Gungnir.

Conqueror

« Reply #842 on: January 20, 2012, 08:32:31 AM »
I'm filled with doubt! ^_^/
Conq, let's say PX/Helepolis. Who would you place as a third and why?
Third is probably Affinity, outside shot BT. There are some outside outside shots but they aren't worth mentioning atm.

I think I got everything. Claim coming up in next post.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #843 on: January 20, 2012, 08:34:49 AM »
Only scum would push and question me around this much.
Are you fucking serious Helepolis.
I mean, if this is a serious view, there needs to be post-game talk.
Fortunately you're probably scum.

Cutting myself.

Conqueror

« Reply #844 on: January 20, 2012, 08:50:57 AM »
Nya, nya.
Anyway, I'm Tauroneo, the Town Watcher. My facial hair is so incredible that it gives me the eyes of a hawk (paraphrased). So every night I can watch a player to see who visited them.

N1: Watched Affinity, no results.
-->Expected him to be a NK target for being a general town read. Also considered watching Shadoweh for rb shenanigans (if she claimed to be roleblocked while no one visited her I'd have her head on a platter) and Bardiche if the scum were doc-dodging. I ended up watching Affinity anyways because I figured scum would try to play it simple.

When Bardiche claimed to have eaten the kill on D2, I asked him if he had any information for us; I thought he had possible roleblocker results which would net us a confirmed scum. Doctor didn't come to mind because no one had visited Affinity and I didn't think Bard would be the sort of doc to self-protect. Bulletproof didn't come to mind either because what kind of bulletproof softclaims he's blocked the kill? >_> Anyway you see how that turned out.

N2: Watched Shadoweh, no results.
Basically one of my stronger townreads going into N2, not to mention a claimed PR.

I had doubts about PX's roleclaim because it would mean we have Bulletproof + Vigilante + Watcher + Tracker + ???, which is pretty powerful, but it's not unheard of if the scumteam has really good stuff. Also, PX's claim didn't match up with the type of flavour I had in my role pm. I ended up thinking that PX was derptown who couldn't claim properly. >_>

I'm claiming now because Bardiche's death pretty much implies roleblocker, and I feel it's better if people can know what vantage point I was looking from throughout the game.

Conqueror

« Reply #845 on: January 20, 2012, 08:52:14 AM »
Things to watch out for: comparison of Affinity's reaction to my claim vs his reaction to PX's claim.

Conqueror

« Reply #846 on: January 20, 2012, 08:54:59 AM »
They didnt even question Zakeri's afk which bothers me. Cannot track any posts where zakeri was questioned except by a few people, and their names were not dormio and conq
Zakeri looks pretty town. You mad because no one is making your cases for you? I noticed you don't have anything to say about Zakeri either.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #847 on: January 20, 2012, 08:57:40 AM »
This may sound weirdly specific but it's important to me, what part of the flavor didn't match up?

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #848 on: January 20, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »
It's too hot to think.

What of my reaction if I want to stick to my guns?

Conqueror

Re: Path of Radiance Mafia -Day 2-
« Reply #849 on: January 20, 2012, 09:00:59 AM »
I claim Tracker
I am a simple Tracker

What exactly are you looking for on flavor?
These parts. The flavour should have been self-evident if he actually had the role he was talking about.

Conqueror

« Reply #850 on: January 20, 2012, 09:01:46 AM »
What of my reaction if I want to stick to my guns?
Your guns are a little rusty.

Conqueror

« Reply #851 on: January 20, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »
Helepolis' early vanilla claim is weird; I'll have to think about it.
Shadoweh, I'll note that if you're trying to figure out whether or not I actually have a flavoured role, it's highly likely that the remaining scum both have PRs with flavoured roles, so it's not a point in favor of me being town or scum.

« Reply #852 on: January 20, 2012, 09:10:02 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, Conq's claim meshes with his general play and what we currently know about the set-up (Watcher fits with the apparent lack of an active defensive PR instead of Bulletproof, and I doubt there's both). I'd still prefer to see Hele gone, barring a counterclaim.

I don't think Hele's vanilla claim is early, he's at L-1. It doesn't sway me one way or the other.

Quote from: Conq
@huhwhat - You don't think Hele's content is awful and scummy? To be fair, I wasn't paying much attention to him on D2, because I had a gut possible scum read on you, sorry. But in light of the PX flip and Hele's approach to today, I think he's a good candidate for scum. Plus remember that this is Trickysticks' slot.
I thought Hele's content was awful and scummy before thinking so was cool :hipster:. It just bugged me that you ignored this until said content was directed at you, at which point you wagonhopped him.

Conqueror

« Reply #853 on: January 20, 2012, 09:15:17 AM »
I thought Hele's content was awful and scummy before thinking so was cool :hipster:. It just bugged me that you ignored this until said content was directed at you, at which point you wagonhopped him.
Yeah. To be fair I was kind of ignoring him earlier because I had no idea what he was talking about. My play's been a bit reactive this game, I admit.

« Reply #854 on: January 20, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »
Hm, wait, actually.

I'm not sure where the whole "slamming BT while clearing PX" thing is coming from. Like I said before, I thought PX was softcrumbing a cop result, and my scumread on BT and BT's play led me to think he was as possible godfather, which is why most people were ignoring him. Then when PX claimed tracker BT wasn't cleared in any sense. I had a non!scum read on PX throughout this.
Conq, if you were a watcher, why did you buy PX's cop crumb?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #855 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:49 AM »
It's Shadoweh's fault.

Both your targets are crap. Affinity gets null reads from people more often than a town read. His activity isn't much of a leader either. Affinity isn't worth a N1 kill unless scum RNG'd him. Shadoweh wouldn't have been worth watching since she claimed to only have one shot. If scum believed that and most likely thought they were safe on N2, then letting her fire into town would let them catch up on the missed NK. It wouldn't have been optimal to try and block her shot.

Wanna hear Hele and BT on the claim.

Conqueror

« Reply #856 on: January 20, 2012, 09:17:09 AM »
Conq, if you were a watcher, why did you buy PX's cop crumb?

Watcher + cop + bulletproof + vigilante is possible vs godfather + roleblocker + ???
Balance is a tricky thing for me.

Conqueror

« Reply #857 on: January 20, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »
Both your targets are crap. Affinity gets null reads from people more often than a town read. His activity isn't much of a leader either. Affinity isn't worth a N1 kill unless scum RNG'd him. Shadoweh wouldn't have been worth watching since she claimed to only have one shot. If scum believed that and most likely thought they were safe on N2, then letting her fire into town would let them catch up on the missed NK. It wouldn't have been optimal to try and block her shot.
Oh really now. Almost everyone was declaring Affinity town on D1, and his opinions were widely accepted or at least, I didn't see any disagreements. Who would have been worth a N1 kill then in this town?
I was watching Shadoweh for the nightkill. If she got off her vig she'd be mostly confirmed town, so it makes sense to get rid of her earlier. The rest of you were also scummier than her. Bardiche was bulletproof.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #858 on: January 20, 2012, 09:21:54 AM »
Bard would have been the more obvious choice for N1.

Conqueror

« Reply #859 on: January 20, 2012, 09:26:01 AM »
If you think it's so obvious, perhaps we should take a poll?
My impression of Bardiche is that there was a period in the middle of the day where he sort of disappeared and everyone forgot about him. He even admitted apathy himself.

Shadoweh

« Reply #860 on: January 20, 2012, 09:26:14 AM »
I was hoping there'd be something more obvious I could correlate, but that roleclaim sounds alot more like mine. PX's was so much different I was going to try and swing the wagon back to him, but then he said we shouldn't lynch Rawr and my head went all fuzzy trying to understand why scum wouldn't vote for their best counter-wagon. Let's just pretend I was shooting at him all night too, hah, hah..

However I also believe Helepolis. This just makes me as annoyed as I was a few hours ago. Helepolis is being more strange then anti-town. Yes, look at him tunneling arrogantly towards unforseeable ends, I'm positive this isn't my appeasing partner.

On Affinity: The votecounts around Affinity Day 1 and 2 are bizarre. It's like he was operating on the buddy system with Bardiche. No, really, he votes after him every single time. I don't know what to make of it, strange coincidence? Maybe Bardiche's towniness rubbed off on him. I'm tired of this vote though because even having been staring at him all this time I don't feel like he's that scummy. PS Conq I would have watched Bardiche cause he was townie obvtown.

So, through my powers of reasonless gut feeds, I've eliminated:
Huh what - Scum counterwagon also neurotic
Pesco - Anti-Scum hate machine
Conq - My Townie BFF
Helepolis - Too Wacky to be Scum
Dormio - Duff Link

Leaving BT, Zakeri and Affinity as a secondary. I don't even have anything against Zak. He's just one of the few people left that can be scum.

Well, just to remind you all how this unvoting things go:

##Unvote
##Vote BT

What Pesco said is both what I would have done and why I felt okay shooting. I didn't mention it, but I believe in the roleblocker because Schezo told me if I used my action I wouldn't be able to use it again for any reason. What's my fault now? O_o

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #861 on: January 20, 2012, 09:31:04 AM »
Wanna hear Hele and BT on the claim.
What do you want me to say on his claim? Mafia-gameplay wise, I don't have enough experience to make something out of Town Watcher. If I were Town Watcher, I would track the low-radar-flying people, like BT or Zakeri. At least Zakeri who has been the lowest-radar-flyer among all. Why was Zakeri on HW in D2, and now voting between me and Conq on D3? What happened to his viewpoint on HW and what happened to make him suddenly suspect me and Conq? This post of him is something to keep in mind.

To answer Pesco's question:
The only analysis I can give on current situation is 2 wagons. If Conq is indeed Town, then Scum are most likely spread over the wagons, so they are happy with both lynches. Zakeri hinted that he would also see Conq gone but sticks his vote on me. (See above). I am not going to speculate on roles/setups because 1) I am not experienced enough for that. 2) I would endanger Town.

« Reply #862 on: January 20, 2012, 09:32:37 AM »
I would have NKed Bard as well, though possibly because I overhype him. I don't think the inactivity period made him any less townie, he wasn't getting lynched any time soon and was still more aggressive than Affinity.

Helepolis, I think you're mixing up Watcher and Tracker. Watcher sees who else targeted their target. Tracker sees who their target targeted. Low-radar-flying people typically don't get NKed.

However, that post makes me think you don't have a buddy right now. I need to re-read.
Shadoweh, why BT over Affinity again?

Shadoweh

« Reply #863 on: January 20, 2012, 09:33:46 AM »
Helepolis: Town Watcher, not Town Tracker. What you're thinking of is what a tracker does. A watcher picks a person and sees if anyone targets them during the night.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #864 on: January 20, 2012, 09:36:21 AM »
Now I understand why Pesco said Bardiche would be better to target.

* Helepolis has learned something new

Shadoweh

« Reply #865 on: January 20, 2012, 09:38:42 AM »
Well, from your own perspective Helepolis, did Affinity seem town to you after reading Day 1? What about Bardiche?

Conqueror

« Reply #866 on: January 20, 2012, 09:40:44 AM »
Buncha Bardiche fanboys trying to watch Bardiche at night. :V

Anyway I'll come back to this game later.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #867 on: January 20, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »
Well, from your own perspective Helepolis, did Affinity seem town to you after reading Day 1? What about Bardiche?
I was tunnelling majority of D2, strange and possible stupid action D2. I don't have true reasoning on then ATM on Affinity or Bardiche (Will reread D1). Also Shadoweh, I never declared anybody town to avoid cutting my self on this. Otherwise opportunistic scum or confused town will ask: "THIS PERSON WAS TOWN, WHY SUDDENLY SUSPICIOUS". Which would only create more noise. Therefore I only listed "looking bad" and "suspicious" and my there is absolutely no way anybody can conclude anything on this except question me on Rawr vs PX.

Which was done and I explained exactly why I voted Rawr and let the PX wagon slip. Mainly BT's post confused me (explained before).

Buncha Bardiche fanboys trying to watch Bardiche at night. :V
This response is strange. If you would've watched Bardiche N2, we would've gotten the roleblocker/shooter in one hit? (That is what watching does right if I understood?)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #868 on: January 20, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
TRANSLATOR NOTE: Not trying to shove a blame here in defence of not lynching me.

Just expressing my thought.

Conqueror

« Reply #869 on: January 20, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »
I thought if there was a roleblocker it would be aimed at people like me or PX.