Author Topic: Custom user shotsheets [ 0.12m & PH3 ]  (Read 102188 times)

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
  • Oh, so this trial of guts is for ME?
Re: Expanded shotdata v4 + shotreplace ( Finally ! )
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2009, 04:20:21 PM »
Nice update.
I'll be working a little more on supershot to see if I can patch things up a bit.
This whole color problem is really getting on my nerves. I'll be back with an update later.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2009, 05:51:21 PM »
Nice update.
I'll be working a little more on supershot to see if I can patch things up a bit.
This whole color problem is really getting on my nerves. I'll be back with an update later.
I am curious if you can pull something off I forgot or manage to find something. I did what I wrote in the previous post so good luck. I'll wait then a bit longer before updating this version into the first post. ( Saves trouble of editing posts :V )

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2009, 08:45:20 PM »
Hmm, I can't exactly get this thing down, but it seems to load better when it's an a 256 by 256 png, as opposed to supershot's 512 by 768 pixels.

I loaded etama from a rip of IN. You can see a difference between supershot (top) and etama (bottom).

etama seems to be more clear, especially on smaller bullets like the kuinas.

The problem I have, though, is loading multiple images for the shotdata. From what I know, I can only load one big image with all the bullets on it, as opposed to multiple 256by256s.
I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know how to do it.

I'm sure Helepolis someone knows how to do it.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2009, 08:48:27 PM by Fujiwara no Mokou »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2009, 09:33:19 PM »
Looking at your own screenshots, do you now understand how we hit v4 ? :V it is because of Danmakufu being an ass.

My shotscript combines UFO shotsheet bullets with IN marisa small stars ( because these are the best imo ). UFO has more clear and colorful bullets than the older ones. I only selected "the best" shotsheets.

I have also no idea if it is possible to load multiple shotsheets into one file. Anybody?

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2009, 12:27:20 AM »
According to the Touhou wiki, we can only have one image per shotdata, and the official manual doesn't mention a way to get around the limit.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2009, 02:23:41 AM »
Wow, what a drag.
Nuclear Cheese Someone really needs to fix it.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2009, 06:57:18 AM »
According to the Touhou wiki, we can only have one image per shotdata, and the official manual doesn't mention a way to get around the limit.
That is indeed a pitty. NC SAFE US!

Did you got any lucky btw Mokou? Especially with the medium and smaller round bullets which almost look like squares on the default background of Danmakufu. Even if I move them seperate ( like the smaller round bullets ) they still appear ugly. It is somehow due to their pixels around the bullet which has a weird colour surrounding each one.

Blargel

• RAWR!
  • I'M AN ANGRY LOLI!
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2009, 07:43:57 AM »
This is just a thought, and it's probably way WAAAAAAAAAY off, but you know how .png files have 4 values per pixel: Red, green, blue, and alpha? That means that completely transparent sections of an image still have a color, and if you open the .png with MSPaint, you can see what color everything is because Paint can't display transparency. Maybe if you make the transparent sections also black, Danmakufu would be able to make more sense out of it?
<WorkingKeine> when i get home i just go to the ps3 and beat people up in blazblue with a loli
<Azure> Keine: Danmakufu helper by day, violent loli by night.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »
Maybe if you make the transparent sections also black, Danmakufu would be able to make more sense out of it?

Tried that, check first page.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Custom user shotsheets [General thread!]
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2010, 12:48:08 PM »
Bumping this thread up to notify it has now turned into a general shotsheet thread. So if anybody has a largeshot sheet which is constructed and think it is nessecary to be contributed, drop a post here with the link(s) and I'll update the first post.

----

On topic of discussing expanded shotdata. I am still NOT happy with the ringed-round bullets. Because putting black as background makes them REALLY messed up on certain backgrounds. I seriously don't know anymore what to do. It is only pissing me off more and more. I am going to try to touch up a few bullets and also check the large stars as they seem to be a bit off.

Gc

• youtu.be/pRZpjlrKM8A
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2010, 05:04:57 PM »
Hollow World of God Shot Data [image]
Default HWoG/Ryujinroku bullets. Made by Dixq. Assembled by /me.

TinyShotData [image]
Smaller than ExpandedShotData, but contains the UFO curvy lasers. Made by ZUN. Assembled by /me.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2010, 07:27:52 PM »
Hmm, I can't exactly get this thing down, but it seems to load better when it's an a 256 by 256 png, as opposed to supershot's 512 by 768 pixels.

I loaded etama from a rip of IN. You can see a difference between supershot (top) and etama (bottom).
<IMAGES>
etama seems to be more clear, especially on smaller bullets like the kuinas.

The problem I have, though, is loading multiple images for the shotdata. From what I know, I can only load one big image with all the bullets on it, as opposed to multiple 256by256s.
I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know how to do it.

I'm sure Helepolis someone knows how to do it.

I found that Helepolis' ShotSheet have 300dpi and both CtC ShotReplace sheet and zun's etamas has 96dpi. Does that have something to do with the image clearness? I can't test this at this moment -.-

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2010, 07:53:08 PM »

Some post-StB style fireballs, made from scratch. They look like a mix of HWoG and ZUN graphics. I accidentally the whole shot data, but it should basically look like this (you may want to shrink the graphic rects to avoid huge hitbox)

Code: [Select]
// Red Fireball
ShotData{ id=1 render=ADD angular_velocity = 0 delay_color= (255,64,64)
AnimationData{
animation_data=(4,0,0,32,32)
animation_data=(4,32,0,64,32)
animation_data=(4,64,0,96,32)
animation_data=(4,96,0,128,32)
}
}

Add them to your sheet if you need some good fireballs and don't want to steal ZUN graphics (like I do). No credit is necessary or anything (but it would be nice if you told me what you use them for :<)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
If you add that in a zip Onthenet and upload it somewhere, I will add it to the first pose under a new catagory like contributed selfmade bullets. ( Any suggestions for a catagory name? )

Also I released 4.1 for expanded shotdata. Several experimentation with transparant and black background has resulted in no succes on other things. I checked all graphicrects once more and adjusted few here and there. It should look smoother as I tested it both on a coloured background and dark background.

See first post.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Custom user shotsheets [General thread!] (Update Expanded Shotdata 4.1)
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2010, 11:11:14 AM »
Ummm...

Is there a new shot_replace.dnh file to go with the new 4.1 that I missed somehow?

If not, then I think you may have misplaced some of the IDs. To be specific, I noticed that the colours for some of the icicles are switched around for me. DARKBLUE23 gives what once was called a LILA23, for example.  :-X

You might want to look into that.
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2010, 02:03:42 PM »
I didnt created the shotreplace for 4.1. Gamecubic had done for 4.0 but he said he fixed the duplicate ID issue there as well. I did fix a duplicate ID which kind of shifted the amulets + icecles so yes that might be the cause.

Uhm, I guess it has to be redone. I'll take the shotreplace script from 3.0 which Onthenet made I guess and use that as a base to create it for 4.1? Or are there suggestions =| I personally dislike the variable name calling for bullets but if it makes it easier for people I'll work on that then.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2010, 02:30:50 PM »
I'll take the shotreplace script from 3.0 which Onthenet made I guess and use that as a base to create it for 4.1?
lolno

That one is even worse, I'll guarantee it.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »
I was more like mentioning the naming style. As I have no idea what naming style for variables I should use. Or maybe I should just use Gamecubics 4.0 and fix it fitting for 4.1. I guess I 'll do that then after dinner.

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2010, 07:20:23 PM »
On topic of discussing expanded shotdata. I am still NOT happy with the ringed-round bullets. Because putting black as background makes them REALLY messed up on certain backgrounds. I seriously don't know anymore what to do.

I got an idea. Though it may take a bit of work...
Remember how I said it's best to load the png sheets as 256 by 256 as the shotdata? Well, you can't load more than one sheet at a time, but I'm sure you can load each one seperately, as in using one shotdata sheet at a time. Where as the boss/enemy uses a different shotdata each time, from a different png throughout the spellcards. This should fix the problem when you put them in a black background without distorting anything else, but it'll limit you to using that one shotsheet at a time.

It's either that or make custom bullets. Other than that, I don't think there's a way around it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:03:46 PM by Fujiwara no Mokou »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
CtC replace script is larger than 256x256, infact it is 512x512. I have no use for theories or suggestions if they are not tested out. Make it, upload it as attachment with a test script then we can judge to see if it is useful to adjust the methods or not.

( Also the ringed bullets have black background if you check v4.1 because at the end they were the best at the end after comparing. I just replace darkgrey with white and darkred can die off simply. )

Fujiwara no Mokou

• Hourai Incarnate
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »
Improved supershot sheet, right here.

Quality is improved and true colors show.

Turns out, it's not just 256 by 256 that works, but also 512 by 512, and any other of the similar matter.
I think it has something to do with 1024 bytes in a megabyte, and 512 and 256 being reagents that correspond to that.
Go ahead and try it out, I think you'll like what you'll see.

EDIT: This works with more than just shot data, but also sprites, and cutins, and all other of the similar matter. If you ever noticed that sometimes they look a bit fuzzy or blurry, try expanding the right and bottom canvas so it's either 256 by 256, 512 by 512, or 1024 by 1024. It'll come out clear as a crystal, I tried it myself. It goes in that pattern, if you're wondering whether it can go bigger if you need it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:55:21 PM by Fujiwara no Mokou »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2010, 11:04:50 PM »
Testing this now. Please wait warmly.

Your fixed shotsheet ( 1024x1024 )

-------------------

Regular current sheet ( 513x768 )

I do see improvement in certain colour appearances. 1024x1024 has slightly more lively colours on the certain red coloured bullets which is best noticeable ( notice the darkred iceshot ).

So what can we conclude from this? Danmakufu has retarted way of drawing images when using strange proportions?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:16:54 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2010, 11:13:40 PM »
That's missing a few things from the previous supershot though, isn't it? Like the master spark graphic.
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2010, 11:18:13 PM »
That's missing a few things from the previous supershot though, isn't it? Like the master spark graphic.

Was taken out in v4, because Master Spark is spawned as an effect object we concluded, like Shou's lasers. Therefor not needed in the shot script. The free IDs were used for other bullets.

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2010, 11:20:49 PM »
Really? I have the V4 supershot sheet right here, and it's in there, along with the UFO laser... and the hitbox graphics, oddly enough.

Also, about the shotsheet dimensions... it's because it's a power of 2. Works like that on textures as well; in fact, some videocards flat-out can't display textures that aren't a power of 2. So in theory, you could also do 2048x2048, 4096x4096 and so on.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:28:26 PM by Prime 2.0 »
The SoEW patch has had its second release, come and get it!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2010, 11:23:50 PM »
Posting late is not a good idea. ( I am forgetting my own work =.= ). I meant 4.1, my apologies.

Quote from: Prime 2.0
Also, about the shotsheet dimensions... it's because it's a power of 2. Works like that on textures as well; in fact, some videocards flat-out can't display textures that aren't a power of 2.

Looking at the current size of the shotsheet, I think it would be wiser to cut it down to 512x512? I can move the glowing bullets and line them out horizontally so the bottom gets free space for the round-ring bullets.

I guess I'll do that anywhere soon =|
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:29:43 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2010, 04:58:19 AM »
I was messing in Photoshop and made a Little Shotsheet

Shockman

• Some idiot
  • I can't believe I got this account back .|.|.
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2010, 12:56:04 AM »
new shot colors

AweStriker Nova

• Star Sign "Thunder Constellation"
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:43 AM »
I was thinking about making one of these, but it wouldn't be like any of the ones already up. No fancy knives, hearts, etc.

Just simple geometric shapes...

all with ADD blending.

But I have no idea how shot replace scripts work  ???

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »
I was thinking about making one of these, but it wouldn't be like any of the ones already up. No fancy knives, hearts, etc.

Just simple geometric shapes...

all with ADD blending.

But I have no idea how shot replace scripts work  ???

Just make a custom shot data sheet then. :<