Author Topic: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m [Closed, read last post!]  (Read 185533 times)

K+ ~ Bake-Danuki

Re: ※ Q&A/Problem Thread 7 ※ for Danmakufu version 0.12m
« Reply #690 on: March 11, 2014, 03:28:48 AM »
You could do that, but it would be incredibly inefficient. Computers aren't magic.

See how only a few circles gets rid of most of the area? If the aspect ratio (width versus height) of your camera rectangle isn't ever going to change you could really just hardcode the circles used. (Rather than calculate what the "best" fill is)

It doesn't, so I'll use this, and thank you!   :V

SilentYukiro

• Silent Soul of the Electronic Skies
  • Clearly a Satori lover :3
« Reply #691 on: March 11, 2014, 08:51:15 PM »
What are you even trying to make? Is it a simple stage with just a floor and 2d sprite trees/bamboo or is it an indoor location?

Well, my plan is to have different stage backgrounds in each boss of my game. Like for example, Stage 1 will be the SDM or like the Stage 2 Stage Background in DDC.

I'm not going to plan for an indoor location since that may take longer, due to still learning DnH, I still don't know that much.
"UNYUUU?"

Music is the essence of my soul.
Planned Fan-game: Touhou: Mad Tengu ~ Hellic Memories

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #692 on: March 11, 2014, 09:06:12 PM »
Well, my plan is to have different stage backgrounds in each boss of my game. Like for example, Stage 1 will be the SDM or like the Stage 2 Stage Background in DDC.

I'm not going to plan for an indoor location since that may take longer, due to still learning DnH, I still don't know that much.
I see, well the fundamentals I explained in the post are the ones essentially required. If you're comfortable with designing spell card backgrounds, then the transition to 3D shouldn't be too much of an issue codewise. For scrolling a stage I could always give you more directions, though I would advise you firstly to focus on summoning your sprites in 3D and using the camera. After that, you may worry about scrolling, fog and so on.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
  • I can cut people with all this edge
« Reply #693 on: March 15, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
I'm having a problem figuring things out _ _ll , how do you do the "bullets are patternized already when they get shot out" thing, kinda like how flandre does her non spells? , I tried removing the wait command , using ascent loops , using variables , even object bullets , I just can't figure it out
いつもニコニコあなたの隣に這いよる!生放送!は好き。月です~す。略してニコニャル
Learned how to use a custom shotsheet : 12/28/13 *clapclapclap*
東方謎佚光 ~ Dimensional Light Abscence Work In Progress Touhou Fangame

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #694 on: March 15, 2014, 02:56:46 PM »
I'm having a problem figuring out what your problem is here.

Flandre's non-spells are just a bunch of stacked circles. Circles can in general be done easily by using this manner of code:
Code: [Select]
loop{
ascent(T in 0..20){
CreateShot01( X, Y, Speed, T*360/20, Graphic, Delay);
}
wait(120);
}
This would create a loop which shoots out rings of 20 shots every 120 frames.
If you want to stack several patterns, like in Flandre's first non, you can just stack Ascent loops for easy handling of the shots, like this:
loop{
ascent(L in 0..2){
ascent(T in 0..20){
CreateShot01( X, Y, Speed+L, T*360/20, Graphic, Delay);
}}
wait(120);
}
Which would spawn two identical circles, with one of the circles having a larger speed by the "ascent variable" L. In this case, it would return one circle with the speed "Speed+0 = Speed" and one with "Speed+1", since ascent and descent loops go from "lower value" to "top value -1", which in this case would give L equal to 0 and in the second loop equal to 1.

If this was the problem, I hope this helped with understanding how it works.
If not, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding ^^".

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #695 on: March 16, 2014, 06:02:58 AM »
Well you didn't misunderstand it and sorry for confusion although you also unintentionally solved one of my other problem ^_^;\

Well the one you taught me will work with circle pattern but I'm trying to do things that is semicircle or not circle at all , take kanako's nonspell for example , (the "blue , red , green" pattern switch before miracles of otensui) the blue and red pattern INSTANTLY shot out blue bubble and purple knives shots respectively that are already patternized ( the same pattern you would have if it had Dir+=2; except as I said it shot out instantly and is already patternized even before the player sees any shots) , this is the one I'm having trouble figuring out
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 06:04:56 AM by Lunarethic »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #696 on: March 16, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
Well, for drawing half circles or circular patterns you'll need to adjust your values. That shouldn't be too hard to grasp really.

If you have 12 bullets and you want to evenly shape them as a circle, you would use 360 / 12 for the direction. But this is the case when you're bullets start at 0 degree. If you want half a circle with 12 bullets, you don't use 360 / 12 but 180 / 12. If your first bullets spawns at 0 degree, your last bullet will end at 180 degrees. Or in other words, you have a half circle.

Begin position of first bullet: 0 degrees >>
360/<#bullets> = Draws full circle.
180/<#bullets> = Draws half circle.
90/<#bullets>  = Draws quarter circle.
etc. etc. etc.

This way of thinking forms the base for circular patterns. Hope that helps somewhat.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 04:45:18 PM by Helepolis »

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #697 on: March 16, 2014, 05:06:09 PM »
That did the trick  :D , thanks Helepolis and darkness ^^

7636kei

• The Stardust Jannisary
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
« Reply #698 on: March 20, 2014, 05:07:06 PM »
Speaking of that nonspell of Kanako, I'm wondering if there's a way to let a boss switch its intangibility in the script, just like said nonspell. Take an example of one of the cards I made.

(Yeah, I know that's Kuroda Kanbei. It's just a temporary fill-in.)

By the way, the boss' gimmick is that the boss alternates period of vulnerability and invulnerability. Ideally, the shots will pass through the boss during the invulnerable phase, rather than hitting it still. (Of course, if it's just invulnerability, I can have the boss set its damage rate to 0/0, which I did already. The big problem is the intangibility; homing shots will still home on the boss. Ideally, they won't home on.)

TalosMistake

• Master of Aura and Shade
  • I'm Talos, not Talo~~
« Reply #699 on: March 20, 2014, 06:02:26 PM »
Speaking of that nonspell of Kanako, I'm wondering if there's a way to let a boss switch its intangibility in the script, just like said nonspell. Take an example of one of the cards I made.

(Yeah, I know that's Kuroda Kanbei. It's just a temporary fill-in.)

By the way, the boss' gimmick is that the boss alternates period of vulnerability and invulnerability. Ideally, the shots will pass through the boss during the invulnerable phase, rather than hitting it still. (Of course, if it's just invulnerability, I can have the boss set its damage rate to 0/0, which I did already. The big problem is the intangibility; homing shots will still home on the boss. Ideally, they won't home on.)

Did you try SetCollisionA and SetCollisionB function ? I think that works, but I'm not sure about homing shot.  :V

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #700 on: March 20, 2014, 07:01:18 PM »
The big problem is the intangibility; homing shots will still home on the boss. Ideally, they won't home on.)

Unfortunately, you have near-0 control over this. The people making the player scripts are the ones who have to take this into account. You can do some pretty complicated workarounds, but that's far easier in ph3 than in 0.12m.

Yeah; you really need the player characters themselves to implement it. My Magnamon player was lagging the default ExRumia survival to 20 FPS with its homing bullets, and my solution was to manually change the direction of the player shots after a certain time if a boss was present. I'll link the post... if I can find it.

7636kei

• The Stardust Jannisary
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
« Reply #701 on: March 21, 2014, 03:08:47 PM »
@Talos: I've already tried flip-flopping the parameters for SetCollisionA (to be precise, flipping the radius from 0 and his default, 32), thanks. And it still tangible.

(And if I want it to be intangible at all times, might as well turn said card into a survival since there's no other way to beat the card.

Speaking of survival cards, I've made a boss script whose gimmick is that all his cards are survival cards. And by all, I meant six, an already ridiculous amount for someone designed with power level similar to an Act 5 boss. (Sure, PCB Youmu packed six cards too, but one was dispensed as Act 5 midboss, four as Act 5 boss, and one as Act 6 midboss (ditto with SA Orin). His cards was all dispensed during the boss fight.) Factor in the fact that not even Extra bosses (not even the Phantasm boss, in fact) pack more than two survivals and that some Act 6 bosses only pack five cards, and hilarity ensues. Said boss isn't yet ready to be released, tho, still perfecting his nonspells. :V)

FYI, messing with the parameters for SetCollisionB won't affect the intangibility; it's for player-enemy collision, not bullet-enemy collision. ;)

@Sparen: Aah, so that's that. Thanks a lot.
One will still need workarounds implemented on the player script to have bullets simply get past the boss at one time, then hits the boss at another time (again, ala Kanako's last nonspell), right? Might as well keep that bullet tangibility unaddressed, then. Especially since one of "Kanbei's" (well, I actually have assigned a name for the boss, but I'd keep it for now, so it's better to refer to him as Kanbei) other card have him dash around the screen, invisibly, with the capability to dash-kill the player if the player gets too close to him. (Fortunately, tho, the movement pattern's fixed and does never reach the lowermost quarter or so of the screen.)

(BTW, I learned a good part of my 0.12m skills from your tutorials. I owe you a lot. *bows*)

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #702 on: March 24, 2014, 01:43:22 PM »
Guys how do you do the fountain spawning ang gravity falling property to the bullets?

kinda like this one
http://i58.tinypic.com/9ll749.png 

Image almost 500kb, please mind the poor mobile users! -Hele
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:58:59 PM by Helepolis »

Drake

« Reply #703 on: March 24, 2014, 05:16:14 PM »
Use a bullet movement method that splits up the y-acceleration and the x-acceleration, such as CreateShot11/12 or SetShotDataA_XY. "Gravity" is accomplished just by having a positive ("downward") y-acceleration.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #704 on: March 25, 2014, 04:37:47 AM »
Thanks Drake~!  :D Ill keep that in mind ;)

SilentYukiro

« Reply #705 on: March 25, 2014, 11:02:56 AM »
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but...

In the game engine, is it possible to change the text (or the sprites) being used in the pause menu?

About a month ago (i think), I presented a small part of my   
Spoiler:
rubbish
game I'm developing. Then my professor (and a fellow classmate of mine) asked if the pause menu's text (or sprite images) can be changed. I said "I don't know..." since I don't have the knowledge to configure the .dat files of the game engine and I don't want to cause some serious glitches *might be overdoing it* since the deadline for my game's defense is on the 1st of April.

Any suggestions or can anyone help me on this?
"UNYUUU?"

Darkness1

• Nothing to see here.
  • Enigmatic, isn't it?
« Reply #706 on: March 25, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
It's pretty easy to do that in the latest version of the engine, Danmakufu Ph3.

I don't think it's possible to do in 0.12m without modding data...
You could try using a Data Extractor to edit the 0.12m images, (can be found in the stickies here on RaNGE) but sadly I don't think it can change the text font itself.
Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #707 on: March 25, 2014, 02:49:44 PM »
(This Is A Stage Script BTW)
I think my background f'd up guys.....

i clearly have this in my variables
let bg = CSD ~ "background.png";Loaded the graphic here
LoadGraphic(bg);and heres my background code
all is there , rects , alphas , DrawGraphic
SetTexture(bg);
SetGraphicRect(0,0,600,375);
SetAlpha(255);
SetGraphicAngle(180,0,0);
SetGraphicScale(1,1);
DrawGraphic(GetCenterX,GetCenterY);
I even followed the drawing order
1) In your script's @Initialize, you must load the image file using LoadGraphic()
 2) In your script's @DrawLoop or @BackGround, you must do the following:
    2a) Set the current image to the image file you want using SetTexture()
    2b) Set the texture coordinates (the area of the image file to use) with SetGraphicsRect()
    2c) Set the alpha value with SetAlpha()
    2d) Set the rotation with SetGraphicAngle()
    2e) Set the scaling with SetGraphicScale()
    2f) Draw the graphic, using DrawGraphic()
And Darkness1 aya background script
SetTexture(bg1);
  SetGraphicRect(0,0,384,448);
  SetAlpha(250);
  SetGraphicScale(1,1);
  DrawGraphic(GetCenterX,GetCenterY);
No errors or anything just ....no background  :X

Full code is here http://pastebin.com/JQLZxxB0
and to show you im not crazy , heres the directories

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #708 on: March 25, 2014, 05:18:55 PM »
Took me some time to realise, but you wrote Background with a small g, needs to be a capital G.

> @BackGround  then it will function.

It is one heck of a devil this one. Writing without capital G won't error but won't also trigger your background because it simply thinks there is no @BackGround available. :V (hence the default swirly bg is summoned, otherwise it would've been black).

Keep in mind for future  ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:23:08 PM by Helepolis »

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #709 on: March 25, 2014, 05:21:50 PM »
Fvcking Hell Danamakufu Capitalization (# ゚Д゚) ムッカー

i hate how the engine keeps blabling about capitalization on task
Yet it dosent mind capitalization of the fvcking @ codes _ _ll

Youve done it again , thanks Helepolis
Ill definitely keep that in mind in the future
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:26:11 PM by Lunarethic »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #710 on: March 25, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »
In the game engine, is it possible to change the text (or the sprites) being used in the pause menu?
As Darkness mentioned, you can modify the sprites not the actual text. If you want to customize this after all (because we're all stubborn), you need to summon a pseudo-menu like most large games did.

i hate how the engine keeps blabling about capitalization on task
Yet it dosent mind capitalization of the fvcking @ codes _ _ll
Quite. It seems that it has to do with the @ symbol being stated.

I wrote @Charisma { }  in your script and it didn't throw errors at me either. Odd.

Lunarethic

• Local Trashy Edgelord
« Reply #711 on: March 25, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »
Quite. It seems that it has to do with the @ symbol being stated.

I wrote @Charisma { }  in your script and it didn't throw errors at me either. Odd.

Σ(゚Д゚) Remember Kids @ is something you should never fvcking care about when it comes to capitalization even though Its The Basic Framework of The Script!. Alright now that thats out off my system of anger , ill go scripting now. thanks again Hele  :D

Drake

« Reply #712 on: March 25, 2014, 08:33:23 PM »
The reason it doesn't care about @InvalidRoutine is just because nothing ever calls it. There are no errors in the script as long as the brackets are matching, and if it doesn't find a @BackGround routine when launching the script it'll just fall back to what's in the #BackGround header and never bother running @BackGround. If there isn't any #BackGround set then it'll default to the standard wavy one. This sequence of fallbacks is the only reason why it doesn't throw errors at you for using @Background, just as if you have a player script without a @SpellCard but never bomb then you won't get errors.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 08:35:51 PM by Drake »

SilentYukiro

« Reply #713 on: March 25, 2014, 09:21:22 PM »
using a Data Extractor to edit the 0.12m images

modify the sprites not the actual text

I tried extracting the th_dnh.dat with an extractor I found here in the forums. Good thing it extracted it amazingly fast but, I have not found the sprite image for the pause menu of the engine.
"UNYUUU?"

Drake

« Reply #714 on: March 26, 2014, 12:26:25 AM »
There is no image for the pause or continue menu, they're just text. You might be able to change it by finding where they're stored using a hex editor, but really why does it matter? Is how some text looks that big a deal?

SilentYukiro

« Reply #715 on: March 26, 2014, 12:46:47 AM »
Like I said a few posts ago, I presented a small portion of the my beta to my professor about a month ago(?) and he asked if the text in the pause menu could be changed. So I honestly told him that I didn't know how.

So he asked me "What if nobody could understand what the text said?"
I explained everything that I could, even though those text can be easily understood because of the functions they're doing *duh*. Even I though I will add my translated version of the pause menu to the documentation of my game, he asked that 'if it's possible to change the text in the pause menu, please do so'.

Sorry about the misunderstanding about this situation, I'm having hard time right now managing the remaining time that I have in order to finish the game AND the documentation of it, even though I'm drastically phasing out some aspects of the game in order the complete the necessary parts of it.  :blush:
"UNYUUU?"

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #716 on: March 26, 2014, 03:01:00 AM »
Changing the pause menu text is impossible, it is hard coded within the game itself. I recommend switching to Ph3 which allows you to change the text of the pause menu ect....  In other words, its better and allows you to create a better game with more customization and less workarounds. No more having a full game ran from a single stage and now we can design our games like official Touhou games. MPP is a great example of this. Ph3 isn't very hard to learn especially if you've used 12m in the past. The biggest change is how nothing is really done for you anymore but that isn't something you can't pick up on in a short amount of time.

Drake

« Reply #717 on: March 26, 2014, 05:48:42 AM »
yeah because recoding his entire project in such a short amount of time sounds totally doable rite

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #718 on: March 26, 2014, 01:23:30 PM »
yeah because recoding his entire project in such a short amount of time sounds totally doable rite

That's why This exists.

Also, I've seen what he has. The bullet patterns and animations and graphic manipulation aren't actually that bad to port over since he hasn't done an absurd amount. (Unless he isn't showing most of his project, in which case there might be an issue).

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #719 on: March 26, 2014, 01:37:01 PM »
That's why This exists.

Also, I've seen what he has. The bullet patterns and animations and graphic manipulation aren't actually that bad to port over since he hasn't done an absurd amount. (Unless he isn't showing most of his project, in which case there might be an issue).
It's not the difficulty problem of porting it's the TIME issue here. Like it or not, it's going to take a lot of time he probably doesn't have to port an entire game over to ph3.