Author Topic: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!  (Read 152874 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!
« Reply #600 on: September 10, 2012, 08:05:40 PM »
> Jump down and greet everyone.
> Grab some of our own portion and get eating.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #601 on: September 10, 2012, 09:24:50 PM »
>Act like we're still slightly tipsy and huggle up on Chen, just to see her reaction

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #602 on: September 16, 2012, 12:06:08 PM »
> Jump down and greet everyone.
> Grab some of our own portion and get eating.
>Act like we're still slightly tipsy and huggle up on Chen, just to see her reaction

>You decide to jump down to where the others are, and nearly land on on a very flustered Rumia in the process! "Awawawawa! Watch where you're dropping, okay? 'bout gave me a heart attack..."
>You never really did figure out why she has that ribbon though, come to think of it. You've always figured it's an accessory like yours. Yukari's told you to not mess with it though, wonder why?
>After apologizing to Rumia for nearly landing on her, you meander over to the rest of the crew, and decide to play a little joke on Chen by pretending to still be a little tipsy and hugging her from behind.
>This of course, has the effect of making her go all red in the face and gibbering incoherently.
>After this, you take your seat and Mystia soon dishes up a portion for you. Looks like it's rice topped with grilled daikon, among other vegetables, and it's got this pretty strong-smelling little salad thing on the side. It smells bad, and seems to be tinged a kinda strong-looking red, but Mokou seems to enjoy it. Even though she's sweating a bit more than usual while she's eating it. Seems she's just finished her fifth helping of the stuff too. "Hey, dish up another serving, it's still not #^#% hot enough!" "Alright already..Sheesh."
>Guess it's spicy..?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #603 on: September 16, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »
>"Mokou, it looks like you're sweating a river... Should you keep eating that?"

>"...Can I have some too?" We need to eat all things for survival. Obviously we must be able to eat spicy stuff!

>After taking the first bite run around like our mouth is on fire.

« Reply #604 on: September 21, 2012, 05:38:47 AM »
>Consider nomming on Cirno's ice wings to cool our mouth.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #605 on: September 28, 2012, 01:00:29 AM »
>"Mokou, it looks like you're sweating a river... Should you keep eating that?"
>"...Can I have some too?" We need to eat all things for survival. Obviously we must be able to eat spicy stuff!
>After taking the first bite run around like our mouth is on fire.
>Mokou gives you a funny look. "You kiddin' me? It's nowhere near my limits!" And, as if to emphasize her point, she empties the bowl into her mouth and swallows. She's starting to let out a little steam now!
>This remark prompts a funny look from Mystia now. "I already gave you some, it's that red stuff on the side." ...Oh.
>Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. You decide to have a bite of your portion of it. Down the hatch!
>The first thing you notice, is that the very scent itself scorches your sinuses. Certainly clears the head, that's for sure!
>The second thing you notice, is that it doesn't taste too good, but it definitely clears your tastebuds. That's one hell of a way to get rid of morning breath!
>And thirdly, the pain. The heat's quite a bit higher than you're used to, even that taquito that Yukari gave you and Ponga a long time ago pales in comparison!
>Through the haze brought on by the heat, you see that Ponga seems mostly unfazed. Kid must have a stomach and tongue made of scrap iron.

>Consider nomming on Cirno's ice wings to cool our mouth.
>You look around for Cirno to consider using her wings to alleviate the heat, only to find that she's in the same boat as you, if not worse.
>In fact, her wings are tinged a faint red, as if someone ground up cherries and stuck that mush in water, and had her make new wings from that water.

>_
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #606 on: September 28, 2012, 01:02:10 AM »
> "N-Nya...."
> Stick our poor tongue out.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #607 on: September 28, 2012, 08:48:08 PM »
>can we ask Cirno to slightly freeze our tongue?

>Consider sharing ball of yarn with everyone. Screw tea parties, ball of yarns are a better way to have fun after a fight!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #608 on: October 03, 2012, 09:01:05 PM »
> "N-Nya...."
> Stick our poor tongue out.
>After letting out a pained meow, you decide the best thing to do is air your poor little tongue out.
>...It doesn't help any. Mystia looks at you with a somewhat concerned expression. "You okay Hibachi? I'm seriously thinking it wasn't such a good idea to give you some of that stuff, what with you being a Nekomata and all."

>Can we ask Cirno to slightly freeze our tongue?
>Consider sharing ball of yarn with everyone. Screw tea parties, ball of yarns are a better way to have fun after a fight!
>You would try this, but you can still only manage pained gibberish, meows, pained meows, gibberish, gibberish-like meows, and meow-like gibberish.
>Plus, Cirno seems to have gone and stuck her head in a bucket that Mystia's told you she usually uses to carry the eels and lampreys.
>....She seems to have frozen herself into it. Not very bright, is she?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #609 on: October 03, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
> Do we have a drink or some water? Either way, stick our tongue in there and cool it off.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #610 on: October 03, 2012, 11:35:22 PM »
>Help Cirno get her head out of the bucket. Drowning is bad!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #611 on: October 08, 2012, 01:57:58 PM »
> Do we have a drink or some water? Either way, stick our tongue in there and cool it off.
>Looking around, you see a steaming mug of tea next to your food.
>...Oh this is gonna hurt. But at least it can't hurt as bad as the spiciness does, right? ...Right..?
>...OW. That...Yeah, it definitely cut away the spiciness, but now you think you've scorched your tongue a bit.
>Mokou, for what it's worth, is finding all this to be completely hilarious. You suspect she has a fondness for Comedic Sociopathy. And Pratfalls.
>Immortals sure are weird! You wonder if all folks like her that live here have a similar sense of humor.

>Help Cirno get her head out of the bucket. Drowning is bad!
>But on the bright side, you aren't as incapacitated anymore, so you look back over to where Cirno is and get up to attempt to help extract her from her situation.
>...Only to see her go poof in a cloud of snowflakes, leaving the bucket and it's frozen contents to clatter noisily on the ground...Well, at least she's a fairy!
>Dai of course, to her credit, seems completely unfazed by this turn of events. Letting out an exasperated sigh, sounds like this isn't the first time this has happened. And knowing fairies, this sure won't be the last. "Cirno...We just saved you, and you go and do something stupid like that."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #612 on: October 08, 2012, 03:14:25 PM »
> "Nyaha~ Can't be helped right?"
> Sit back down if we aren't already.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #613 on: October 08, 2012, 10:11:45 PM »
>"So how did she had caught up in that mess?"

>"Do you have any idea what that... thing was? It even impersonated Cirno's body!"

>Are we clean?
>If not, lick self to clean self.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #614 on: October 09, 2012, 05:16:40 AM »
> "Nyaha~ Can't be helped right?"
> Sit back down if we aren't already.
>You decide to have a little laugh at Cirno's expense, which doesn't seem to offend anyone. Dai seems used to it even. "That's the speed of things. I just wish Cirno would think a bit more before running into things..."
>After that, you plop back down into your seat while Mystia shuttles your serving of the spicy stuff over to Mokou, who begins chowing down on it without hesitation.

>"So how did she had caught up in that mess?"
>"Do you have any idea what that... thing was? It even impersonated Cirno's body!"
>Are we clean?
>If not, lick self to clean self.
>Well, you're about as clean as you can get right now without a bath...Ugh, you don't like baths though. But the prospect of what comes after the bath is something heartwarming. A nice and fluffy towel, and some dried fish.
>When you ask how Cirno got caught up in that mess from before, Dai seems to look away for a moment, with a sad expression. "I don't really know for sure...You could probably ask her when she respawns though.....If she hasn't forgotten already."
>After that little bit of info, you decide to ask just what was going on with that thing that mimicked Cirno, right down to the body. It's there that, surprisingly, Ponga of all people chimes in! "Both fairies, not hard do." "He..does have a point...That thing did feel a lot like Cirno sometimes, so maybe..? But there's no way that could have been another fairy, right?"
>Deeper and deeper into the rabbit-hole it seems. Maybe you know someone who can shed some light on this?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #615 on: October 09, 2012, 04:47:04 PM »
> Maybe Yukari or Ran could help us a little with this?  Then again, they may just try to get us to find out on our own, but it's worth a shot.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #616 on: October 09, 2012, 04:52:06 PM »
>Let's wait a few more days. We could assume that this will be another peril adventure if it's from Yukari, and we shouldn't go into a new one so soon!

>"How long does it take until she gets back?" Point at Cirno.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #617 on: October 11, 2012, 01:19:32 PM »
> Maybe Yukari or Ran could help us a little with this?  Then again, they may just try to get us to find out on our own, but it's worth a shot.
>Let's wait a few more days. We could assume that this will be another peril adventure if it's from Yukari, and we shouldn't go into a new one so soon!
>"How long does it take until she gets back?" Point at Cirno.
>You figure that Yukari or Ran would probably know more about this, but that they might also try to get you to figure it out on your own.
>Of course, you also decide to give it a few days before plunging back in headlong. Never know when you'll get flung headfirst into the next adventure after all, and you've had enough adventure for a while now.
>You gesture towards the pile of snow that, until recently, had been Cirno. "Ah, it's pretty random actually. Right now it's just starting to be summer, so she should be back up and kicking sometime tomorrow I think? She'll be down longer when Summer's in full swing though, it's her weakest season after all, being an Ice Fairy."
>Dai then giggles slightly, in a semi-shy sorta way. "But don't tell Cirno I said that, okay? She doesn't like being seen as weak y'know."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #618 on: October 11, 2012, 01:40:53 PM »
> Grin a little.
> "My lips are sealed nya."

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #619 on: October 11, 2012, 08:47:09 PM »
>Look around for Rumia. Is she around?

>if so, then pounce her with all of our cuteness! Let's see how long she can withstand our cuteness.

>...Compare our cuteness to Chen's

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #620 on: October 14, 2012, 11:13:33 PM »
> Grin a little.
> "My lips are sealed nya."
>You grin a bit, and Dai smiles slightly in a shy sort of way, as she usually does. "Thanks, that means a lot to me.."

>Look around for Rumia. Is she around?
>if so, then pounce her with all of our cuteness! Let's see how long she can withstand our cuteness.
>...Compare our cuteness to Chen's.
>She is, but she's eating. You've learned the hard way to not pounce someone while they're eating. Yukari personally saw to that, as she was the one you pounced. Brr.
>These days, you've somewhat caught up to Chen, you're still behind, but you're still pretty cute as far as the younger Youkai go.
>Looks like everyone else aside from Rumia and yourself have already finished eating, you should probably finish up too.
>....Well, Mokou's still eating, but it's that spicy stuff from before. She seems to have already polished off her rice and grilled veggies, and is now piling on the spicy stuff.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #621 on: October 14, 2012, 11:29:06 PM »
> Finish chowin' down then.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #622 on: October 15, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »
>Request for Ice-Cream.

>Finish the spicy food in one go, then quickly eat the ice cream to cool the spice!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #623 on: October 17, 2012, 11:42:46 PM »
> Finish chowin' down then.
>Well, you decide to finish chowin' down.
>...Well, it isn't much, but it was definitely filling! Could've used some fish though, but that's probably the catness talkin'.
>"Sorry I didn't have any fish though, but I haven't caught any yet. My favorite spot's still clogged up with leftover ice chunks from the past fights. I'm thinking it's time I find a new spot anyhow, it was starting to run dry there y'know."
>Wow, is she a mindreader or something?!

>Request for Ice-Cream.
>Finish the spicy food in one go, then quickly eat the ice cream to cool the spice!
>You would, but you know for a fact that Mystia doesn't have any ice cream in stock. She says it melts too easily for her to stock it outside of special occasions.
>She commented that Cirno might be able to help with that though, but she's a bit unreliable due to being one of the dimmer fairies.
>And Mystia gave the spicy stuff you had to Mokou, who promptly devoured it in one gulp.

~BGM: Meanwhile...~
>Elsewhere in Gensokyo...
>"So, can I count on you to host 'that' in the city?" "I have no problems with that, it should boost commerce greatly I would think."
>"Smashing, I've already got a representative for Mayohiga already lined up." "...Yes, I think she'll be a good candidate for what you have in mind. She may prove to be quite the performer indeed."
>"Well, now that that matter has been settled, shall we be returning home, Mistress Yukari?" "I don't see why not. You'll be getting a message in the near future dear, do look forward to it, would you?"
>....
>"Well, let's see how I should go about setting the stage...Ah, perhaps 'she' would be willing to help."

~Quests Added!~
The Ole Fishin' Hole
Mystia needs a new fishing spot since her old one got all gunked up from all the fights that've been happening lately.
Being a cat, this makes you the purr-fect person for the job! Maybe Nitori would have some input that'll help too, Kappas are 'intrinsically linked to all things aqueous'.
Or so Yukari says. You think it's just a fancy way of saying 'They like water'.

Keepin' it Cool!
Mystia needs a way to keep cold things like Ice Cream in stock easier, and Cirno's not gonna be too helpful with that.
Maybe you can pull a few strings to make things easier for her!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #624 on: October 18, 2012, 12:07:29 AM »
>Perhaps we could ask Nitori about making things cold even in hot days... It'll be great for Mystia!

>Play with tail to pass time.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #625 on: October 18, 2012, 12:15:23 AM »
> Current time?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #626 on: October 18, 2012, 07:42:03 PM »
>Perhaps we could ask Nitori about making things cold even in hot days... It'll be great for Mystia!
>Play with tail to pass time.
> Current time?
>You conclude that Nitori might have a way to help. Perhaps you should visit her later!
>Of course, to pass the time while waiting for Rumia to finish her food, you decide to fiddle around with your own tails.
>A short while later, Rumia finishes what was left of her food. "Well, I'm not too fond of veggies, but Mysty always knows how to do 'em right~"
>Mystia chuckles in a typically hearty way. The sort you've come to expect from her while she's on the job. "What can I say? You know I take cooking pretty seriously! And come to think of it, I've been wanting to find some new ingredients lately. I hear there's some stuff that could work that grows on the Mountain, but I can't get too close because of how protective some of those Tengu get."
>It's probably about 8:23AM, but you're not sure on the specific minutes. Everyone's finished eating, and you don't think there's anything really important that Yukari wants you to take care of, so you guess you've got plenty of free time until the next big adventure.

>_

~Quest Added!~
The Hunt for Red OctoberRare Ingredients
Mystia's been on the hunt for new things she can cook with, and has wanted to get some good from the Mountain in particular.
But the Tengu keep scaring her off! Maybe you know someone who can help with that!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #627 on: October 18, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »
> Since we've got time, let's think abut hitting Nitori up for some help.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #628 on: October 18, 2012, 11:33:10 PM »
>Are there anything that'll allow long-ranged communications?
>Consider asking Nitori about that as well... It's better to keep in touch with everynya!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #629 on: October 25, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »
> Since we've got time, let's think abut hitting Nitori up for some help.
>Are there anything that'll allow long-ranged communications?
>Consider asking Nitori about that as well... It's better to keep in touch with everynya!
>You do know that Ran, Chen, and Yukari have something like Long-Range communication, but that's because of the whole Shikigami-Master thing. Since Chen is Ran's Shikigami, and Ran is Yukari's Shikigami, Yukari can sometimes communicate directly with Chen via her link with Ran. You do know that she doesn't do it often though.
>Just then, Chen seems to go blank for a moment. You've learned that she's getting new orders from afar when that happens. "Umm...I gotta head back home Hibachi, That was from Yukari-sama herself! And she said just me too, so I guess I'll see you guys later!" Chen flies off at...Wow, that's way faster than normal. Must be the Shikigami Contract in action.
>But, it must be important then, if Yukari actually did something herself.
>Aside from that though, it seems the order was only for Chen. What's up with that? Well, this just means you get to do stuff on your own for a change!
>Following this train of thought, you decide that maybe paying a visit to Nitori wouldn't be a bad idea. It's always interesting to see what new inventions she's cooked up!
>You should probably see if anyone wants to tag along though, since traveling's always more fun with a friend.

>_

Parser's Note: Yukari summoning Chen back personally? What could this mean? All will be revealed in the next exciting season of Youkai Quest! So stay tuned!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!