Author Topic: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!  (Read 152871 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!
« Reply #540 on: October 19, 2011, 11:58:13 AM »
>We don't get any despair attacks or things like "What are we fighting for!" ? Then yea... ask the other you about yourself maybe, if you don't want to confront it directly...
>On the other hand, ask the other you "If you are like me, Nya, then why you don't talk like tish, Nya?"
>It's pretty weird though, in the stuff you've seen on Outside TV that had this thing happen, usually the copy would try for a mental attack, usually on the original's ideals and stuff.
>So you ask it why it doesn't talk like you sometimes do.
>Of course, she bends over laughing. "Pffhahahahahaha! What a maroon. You're just fooling yourself with that fake accent y'know! Are actually trying to be adorable? Listen up me, adorable isn't something you do. It's something you are."
>Then she gets a funny look on her face like she's confused. "Wait a minute, why am I even giving myself a heartfelt speech? That's just stupid."
>Of course, then she suddenly gets a very disturbed expression on her face. You know this one from when you were on the internet with Yukari. The term used for it was 'Do Not Want'. You've used it many times, particularly when looking at some really mind-breaking things that Yukari seems to like.
>Of course, you've blocked out most of those for some reason.

> Spare a glance at the ice.
>So, you decide to look behind you at the ice and...whoa that was close! One more second and you would've been an ice-kebab.
>Whatever was on the other side of the ice has finally broken through!

~BGM: Evil's Tone~

>Now that you get a good look at it though, you're really wishing you hadn't. As it's damn ugly.
>It looks kinda like a zombie...or a skeleton...or something like it, except it's all icy and stuff. even got chunks of ice sticking out of it. Bits of armor are still on it too, but they look about ready to give out any moment.
>...Ohgod. Is there even a ice...blade...thing...sticking out of one of it's eye sockets?! That's just gross.
>...Ohgod. It...It's pulling it out of the eye socket! Okay, now that's just nasty.
>"Well me, I tried to warn you, but now that ugly bastard's gotten loose. Really shouldn't have wasted so much time on yourself. Even gave it time to bring out it's weapon too, Sword too by the looks of it."

~BGM: Frost Wraith Attacks!~

Special Boss - Frost Wraith
(Un)Health: ? ? ? ? ?
Mana Points: N/A

Your Status:  75%
Mana Points: 8
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #541 on: October 19, 2011, 03:10:34 PM »
> "Eh? EEEEEH!?"
> Dodge the damn thing and apply bandages to legs if not already applied.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #542 on: October 24, 2011, 02:16:01 AM »
>"Y-You're me right nya!? Help me take this thing down!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #543 on: November 07, 2011, 08:02:58 PM »
> "Eh? EEEEEH!?"
> Dodge the damn thing and apply bandages to legs if not already applied.
>You let out a surprised shout and...
>...Barely avoid getting chopped in two by an overhead swing! But you feel a slight chill...
>They're already there!

>"Y-You're me right nya!? Help me take this thing down!"
>You ask the other girl that if she's really you, then she should help you take it down.
>She laughs amusedly, a laugh you know all too well because you've used it many times in the past.
>"You want help? How amusing. And here I thought the other me could handle something like this on her own."
>She then shrugs in a dismissively amused way. "Guess it can't be helped, since if you die, then I do too.
>She then steps to be right beside you and bring out her weapon...Hey, it's a  Steel Ring too!
>But it doesn't look like yours, it seems to have a completely different set of engravings, detailing...hey! That one looks like the time you fought the Red Kedama!

Your Status:  75% (?)

Special Guest - Hibachi?
Health: ? ? ?
Mana Points: ? ? ?

Parser's Corner: Sorry about the wait everyone! I've had a lot on my plate, and I don't have my laptop in working order, which means I don't have all of my notes aside from the ones in my head, and we all know how shoddy my memory is.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #544 on: November 07, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
> Try drawing on some fire from somewhere and applying it to the ring.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #545 on: November 20, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »
> Try drawing on some fire from somewhere and applying it to the ring.
>You try to draw on fire from anywhere and try to apply it to your ring but...
>Instead, it becomes encased in ice! But it doesn't feel cold really, and it looks like the ice has given a sharp edge to your ring too! Well, aside from where you're holding it.
>But it's also created a nifty little handguard too! It's pretty cool really, you had no idea you could do this!
>"Took you long enough to get to that. That's one of the ways our power can manifest, Wildcard [Weapon]. Basically, you can take whatever Wildcard Power you've absorbed at the time, and add it to a weapon you've got, like the Iron Ring. It also works on unarmed stuff too, so go ahead and try using it on your [Claws]. It looks like Ol' Freezy-Slash-Slash here will wait."
>And true to form, The Frost Wraith seems completely unfazed by this turn of events, and just stands there with it's sword held in a somewhat relaxed way.
>Could it actually have some measure of intelligence? The stance it's in seem to imply that but...Aren't people supposed to die when they're killed? That's just silly.

Your Status:  75%  [Wildcard(Ice)]

Special Guest - Hibachi?

~Skill Get!~
Wildcard [Weapon]: Rank Novice
This skill measures how effective you are at applying the effects of Wildcard to any weapon you might be using at the time. Right now you can only apply it to one weapon/attack type(not including Danmaku, which is separate.) at a time, but getting better at this will allow you to affect more at once.

~Weapon Form Obtained~
Frozen Frog's Hoop [Only Accessible when under Wildcard(Ice).]
This is the Ice version of the Froggy's Iron Ring, the frogs on it don't look to happy with being frozen though...

Frost Knuckle [Only Accessible under Wildcard(Ice).]
This imbues your fists with the power of a raging blizzard! Sometimes attacks will slow the enemy down!

Frost Kick [Only Accessible under Wildcard(Ice).]
This grants your feet all the might of the frozen wastelands! Sometimes a kick from this will momentarily freeze an enemy in their tracks!

Frost Claw [Only Accessible under Wildcard(Ice).]
This makes your claws as sharp as an icicle honed by a midwinter gale, and just as cold too!

~Tutorial Corner: Wildcard Weapon Forms~
Hello all! It's your beloved Yukari here. Hanzo's a bit indisposed right now, something about a chair being an eyesore or something.
Oh well,  it's not like I could just mess with a Border to se what's going on is his mind.
...Or could I? Aaah, but I'm getting off topic. This time, you all have obtained a completely new skill, Wildcard Weapon.
This skill lets you apply the effects of whatever Wildcard status our dear little Hibachi is under, to whatever weapon she's carrying at the time.
Or in lieu of a weapon, her own fists, feet, and claws. Applying it to Danmaku comes naturally to her though, as it's the primary outlet for her- No, everyone's Power.
Right now you've discovered the Ice Form for the Iron Ring that the frog goddess Suwako gave her, try to find them all if you want little Hibachi to get better at using her power!
Yes, that means finding more weapons to work with too, not just Wildcard Effects.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #546 on: November 20, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
> Imbue our claws with ice and head for the Wraith.
> Use our speed to run around it, striking whenever its back is towards us.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #547 on: November 21, 2011, 03:24:16 AM »
>Signal the other Hiba to do the same.
>If possible, strike together when a perfect moment is found.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #548 on: December 07, 2011, 01:14:29 PM »
> Imbue our claws with ice and head for the Wraith.
> Use our speed to run around it, striking whenever its back is towards us.
>Signal the other Hiba to do the same.
>If possible, strike together when a perfect moment is found.
>You focus on putting the cold in your claws and....
>...Wow that's cold! ..And yet not? It's a weird feeling, like the cold's there, but not.
>...Best not to think too hard on that right now.
>So to shrug off the impending confusion, you decide to put your mind back to the fight, and use your speed with your powered-up claws!
>Last time you really used these was...well, back when you fought the Red Kedama a while ago.
>...Unfortunately, the Frost Wraith's a bit faster than you expected, as it's able to parry not just your attacks, but the attacks launched by the other you too!
>Though it doesn't seem to be doing much else. In fact, the one good eye it does have seems to have a boredd, and somewhat disdainful look. As if to say, 'Is that all you can do? Pitiful.' Maybe it was a great warrior in life? Who knows for sure.
>"Tch...this thing's not half bad!"

Your Status:  75%  [Wildcard(Ice Claw)]

Special Guest - Hibachi?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 01:27:15 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #549 on: December 07, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
> Continue to attack, but switch it up with some bursts of danmaku here and there.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #550 on: December 08, 2011, 04:13:39 AM »
>Do we know anything holy? Perhaps one method in defeating this thing is holy, since it is an undead?

>Meanwhile, let us be the bait while our other self can take him on!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #551 on: December 23, 2011, 11:57:28 PM »
>Do we know anything holy? Perhaps one method in defeating this thing is holy, since it is an undead?
>Meanwhile, let us be the bait while our other self can take him on!
> Continue to attack, but switch it up with some bursts of danmaku here and there.
>The froggy ring was a divine tool at one point according to Suwako, though because it was separated from it's creator, it's lost much of what it used to have. Which was likely what allowed it to be used by weaker Youkai, like the Red Kedama, and yourself.
>You don't know just how effective it's heavily-diminished powers could be though.
>So you do, pressing the attack with your claws, but tossing in some occasional danmaku for good measure while the other you seems to be on momentary standby.
>"So what's the plan now then? Just rush it?! Now that's a plan I can get behind!"
>And so she does, matching you move for move, like a mirror almost. Both of you do manage to get a few small hits in, but they don't seem to slow it down much, if at all.

Special Guest - Hibachi?

Parser's Notes: Sheesh...It's hard getting this back up and running without most of my notes. Looks like I could be flying by the seat of my pants for the next few updates.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #552 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:46 AM »
> Try calling on any power that might be left within the ring for our Wildcard.
> Take a quick look at our surroundings for anything that looks exploitable.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #553 on: January 07, 2012, 10:48:28 PM »
> Try calling on any power that might be left within the ring for our Wildcard.
> Take a quick look at our surroundings for anything that looks exploitable.
>You quickly check the Ring for any remaining energy and...
>...Oh hey, you remember this. It's that same energy that caused that big blast back at the Moriya Shrine that knocked you out for quite a while.
>...But there's barely any left. Not even two scraps to rub together.
>What happened back then must have near completely drained it. It's probably a wonder how it's even intact anymore. Though it might explain why you were able to apply Wildcard to it so easily.
>Suwako mentioned that Divine Items tend to crumble when they run out of energy. Maybe you should visit her after all this.
>You glance around for anything that be used...
>...Huh, there's something in the chamber the Frost Wraith came from...Maybe...?

Special Guest - Hibachi?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #554 on: January 07, 2012, 10:55:14 PM »
> "Cover me, nya!"
> Head for the thing in the chamber.
> Try to dodge while doing so.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #555 on: January 07, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »
>If it gets really bad, throw something of ours to distract him for a moment!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #556 on: January 16, 2012, 04:58:45 PM »
> "Cover me, nya!"
> Head for the thing in the chamber.
> Try to dodge while doing so.
>You shout to the other you to cover you while you dash into the chamber. "Keep it busy? Alright, I'll give it a shot!"
>The Frost Wraith lashes out wildly at you as you dash past it, but you manage to narrowly dodge most of it's swings.
>A few of them manage to clip you across a shoulder, and you can see a faint glimmer of ice starting to spread from the graze...

>If it gets really bad, throw something of ours to distract him for a moment!
>What do you wish to throw?

~Inventory~
Cooking Outfit(Unequipped)
This stylish-looking White Apron and Green Kimono set looked brown when you first saw it, but you blinked and it was green like all the others.
Cooking Hat(Unequipped)
This poofy hat is a must for any chef, as the Legendary Chef Boyardee can attest...But you kinda wonder just who he is.
Classy Suit (Equipped)
Yukari probably left this in your closet, you think it looks snazzy!
Tiny Ribbon (Worn as Accessory 1)
Cute little ribbon you woke up with.
Nifty Cloak (Worn as Accessory 2)
Yukari gave you this cloak to go with your suit, it's even got a pouch for Ponga to sit in!
Snazzy Cap (Current Headgear)
Yukari gave you this neat little hat at the same time as the Cloak, apparently it was made as part of a set to go with the Suit.
Classy Headgear (Unequipped)
Snazzy Top hat that goes with the suit. You think it adds charm, but does it add CHARISMA?
Yukari's Note (Key Item)
A note that was addressed to you, written by Yukari.
Blank Spellcards(2) (Key Item)
These blank spellcards were given to you by CidNitori, as well as Momiji, but you can't use them until you have them engraved somehow.
Mountain Map (Key Item)
This is a simple map of the Youkai Mountain, simple enough that even you can read it. It marks such important places as Moriya Shrine, Tengu Village, Kappa Village, and the Outpost!
Momiji's Newspaper (Key Item)
A newspaper with a picture of a green-haired woman on the front, who could she be?
Froggy's Iron Ring (Equipped as Accessory)
The Red Kedama dropped this when you defeated it. It's apparently one of the many Iron Rings that were scattered all across Gensokyo when Suwako and the Red-White fought.
Athletic Wrappings(Equipped on Legs)
A roll of Athletic Bandages that people who play sports often wear, it has a caricature of a drunk-looking girl with horns on it. Maybe they belong to whoever's face that is?
They seem to have a strange effect when you equip them.

Macca(Total: 224)
These weird coins were given to you by Ran, they were helpful in resolving the Nozuchi incident. They must have some kind of power, but you can't feel anything.
Elegant Chopsticks (Key Item)
These were given to you by Yuyuko as thanks for the food you and Youmu made, you've been needing something like this for a long time!
Shimmering Blue Rose (Key Item)
A mysterious Blue Rose that shines faintly, you found it in your cloak's pocket after dancing with a strange girl whom nobody could see but you...You have a feeling that it's probably important.
Pagoda-shaped Lantern (Key Item)
You stumbled across this strange object as you were exploring, Literally. It looks kinda like a Pagoda almost...And what's with that gem in there?
Star-shaped Key (Key Item)
You found this Star-shaped Key in the Iceberg Fortress, You need the other three keys to gain access to the Dungeon.
Moon-shaped Key (Key Item)
You found this key in the wreckage of a desk in the Iceberg Fortress, it's one of four keys to allow access to the Dungeon!
Sun-shaped Key (Key Item)
You found this key in a room in the Iceberg Fortress with a trio of mysterious armors, it's one of Four keys to get into the Dungeon.

>_

Your Status:  65%  [Wildcard(Ice Claw)] [? Status]

Special Guest - Hibachi?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #557 on: January 16, 2012, 06:19:59 PM »
>Try throwing in some Macca. Maybe it can work on him too?

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #558 on: January 27, 2012, 06:17:44 PM »
>Try throwing in some Macca. Maybe it can work on him too?

>You have 244.
>How much do you wish to throw?  000
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #559 on: January 27, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »
> 5

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #560 on: February 01, 2012, 10:41:52 PM »
> 5

>You fish out 5 Macca, and pitch it at the Frost Wraith!
>...It just stands there, staring.
>So you take this opportunity to make a beeline for whatever it is in the chamber!

>When you get into the chamber, you notice one important thing. You aren't cold in the least anymore.
>Another thing of note is that there's a pair of what seem to be shoes of some kind on a small pedestal in the center of the chamber.
>You can tell that they have some kind of power, even from this distance. But what kind of power, you have no idea.

Your Status:  65%  [Wildcard(Ice Claw)] [? Status]

Special Guest - Hibachi?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #561 on: February 01, 2012, 11:18:48 PM »
> Jack the shoes and put them on.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #562 on: February 14, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »
> Jack the shoes and put them on.

>You decide to pick up the shoes, and you get a weird feeling. Kinda like you got zapped by something!
>You recognize this feeling as Grazing! (25% Graze Meter!)
>Did...Did it come from these shoes? You decide to put them on and...
>You feel a sudden rush of that same power! (75% Graze Meter!) (? Shoes Equipped!)

? Shoes (Equipped as: Weapon - Footwear)
You found these strange shoes hidden in the depths of the Iceberg Fortress. They seem to increase Graze just by wearing them, wonder how they do that?

Your Status:  65%  [Wildcard(Ice Claw)] [? Status] [75% Graze Meter]

Special Guest - Hibachi?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:12:50 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #563 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
> How does graze work here again?
> Charge the Wraith, keeping an eye out for attacks.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #564 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33:46 AM »
> How does graze work here again?
>Grazing was used to boost spellcards. (Perhaps you should reread the first thread?)

> Charge the Wraith, keeping an eye out for attacks.
>You decide that now's as good a time as any, and charge at the wraith!
>...WAAAAAHHTOOFAST!
>...You quickly find that you soon have a close encounter with a literal wall. As in. An actual wall of ice. The opposite wall of the tunnel you first entered in fact.
>In your daze, you hear the sound of something slapping something....A facepalm? Seems like there was a second one too.
>"For the love of..." "...."

Your Status:  60%  [Wildcard(Ice Claw)] [? Status] [75% Graze Meter] [Dazed]

Special Guest - Hibachi?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #565 on: February 28, 2012, 01:06:34 AM »
> "I-I'm okay, nya!"
> Face the Wraith and let loose a focused Galvein Buster.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #566 on: March 11, 2012, 01:18:20 AM »
> "I-I'm okay, nya!"
>You shake off the dazed-ness a bit, and say that you're okay.
>"...Alright, what are you waiting for then?!"

> Face the Wraith and let loose a focused Galvein Buster.
BGM: Boosted Energy

>You whirl around to face it, with the spellcard at the ready, and Declare the Spellcard!
>The first thing you notice about the changes though is that the force of the card knocks you back as well, slamming your back into the wall!
>The second thing you notice is that the bullets are bigger, MUCH bigger. In addition to firing much faster! In this narrow space, there's barely any room for anything to escape them.
>Of course, over the roar of the spellcard, you faintly hear a voice. "Hey! Watch it!"
>Naturally, just like the last time you used a card like this, you can't even see what you're shooting at anymore.

Special Boss - Frost Wraith[?]

Your Status:  60%  [Wildcard(Ice Claw)] [? Status] [Firing Spellcard]
Mana Points: 2

Special Guest - Hibachi?[?]
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #567 on: March 11, 2012, 01:42:22 AM »
> Try to stand our ground despite the recoil and focus.  Let's show this jerk that we mean business!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #568 on: March 11, 2012, 02:25:45 AM »
>What happens if our other self gets seriously injured?

>"Get out of the way!" to our other self just to be on the safe side!
>Try to direct the bullets at the boss, and make the bullet's gap smaller to avoid him trying to dodge!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #569 on: March 25, 2012, 03:41:57 PM »
>What happens if our other self gets seriously injured?
>To be honest, you have no idea, this is your first time running into her after all.

> Try to stand our ground despite the recoil and focus.  Let's show this jerk that we mean business!
>"Get out of the way!" to our other self just to be on the safe side!
>Try to direct the bullets at the boss, and make the bullet's gap smaller to avoid him trying to dodge!
>The initial shock's faded, so you can get a handle on it a bit easier. It's still pretty wild though, so it's taking just about everything you've got to keep it under control.
>You are however, able to spare some concentration to shout a warning to the other you. Though, you're not sure if she heard it or not.
>You'd try to direct the bullets, but the problem is twofold. The first being the above problem, and the second being that spellcards really aren't that alterable aside from variants. Such as the Focus and Spread versions of your own Galvein Buster.
>It's still hard to see what's happening aside from a bunch of danmaku flying around, but your spellcard should end any moment now.

Special Boss - Frost Wraith[?]

Your Status:  60%  [Wildcard(Ice Claw)] [? Status] [Firing Spellcard]
Mana Points: 2

Special Guest - Hibachi?[?]
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!