Author Topic: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!  (Read 152866 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!
« Reply #330 on: June 12, 2011, 10:16:01 PM »
>"TO BE A MASTER. POKEMON MASTER."
>"POKEMON, GOTTA CATCH EM ALL. YOU AND ME, ITS MY DES-TI-NYYYY"

>Wait what is she saying? Betrayal? Deceit?! Is she going to kill us AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>GLOMP HER NOW
> Keep listening to while the time away a bit.
>"Listen to my sooooooong!" Oy, such a ham she is.
>You keep on listening to her song...It's quite nice, possibly the best one you've heard out of her so far...
>...which isn't saying much, as you've only known her for all of three days now.
>The words to the song are a bit unnerving, but at the same time you feel that they fit Gensokyo, being a land of Youkai.
>You'd glomp her but...you can see something next to you out of the corner of your eye...you can't tell what it is with your current view of it though.
>There's a bit of gray...a fair bit of yellow...and is that some blue there too...? And that scent...roses?
>You find this amusing, given how the song Mystia's singing seems to be about a rose.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 11:37:56 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #331 on: June 12, 2011, 10:31:32 PM »
> Try to see if we can spot the rose-person.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #332 on: June 12, 2011, 10:41:02 PM »
>"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet!" "When everythings worse, our work is complete!"
>Wait, roses... Maybe Mystias summoning a demon from the land of...demon... land... place thingy! WE MUST STOP HER AHHHH

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »
>Shoot some Danmaku at Chen, not directly at her, but enough close, so she could graze....

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2011, 12:27:09 AM »
>Try dancing to Mystia's song!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2011, 12:35:18 AM »
> Try to see if we can spot the rose-person.
>You look in the direction of where you see the colors, and find the girl from before sitting right next to you!
>She seems to be enjoying the song quite a bit. "~♪" She looks quite happy.
>But it looks like you're the only one who can see her.

>"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet!" "When everythings worse, our work is complete!"
>Wait, roses... Maybe Mystia's summoning a demon from the land of...demon... land... place thingy! WE MUST STOP HER AHHHH
>You recite some weird phrase from a show you once watched at the Moriya Shrine with Sanae, and the mysterious girl just laughs some. "Roses....I always did love them~"
>That's weird, it seems that you're the only person who heard her, if Mokou's bored expression is anything to go by. "Love is a strange and gloomy power you know~"
>...She's a weird one she is.

>Shoot some Danmaku at Chen, not directly at her, but enough close, so she could graze....
>You decide to off-handedly fire some danmaku towards where Chen is in an effort to possibly wake her up, but you completely miss.
>Making shots curve was never your strong point.

>Try dancing to Mystia's song!
>You decide to stand up and try dancing, but you end up just falling flat on your face.
>But surprisingly enough, the mystery girl offers a hand up! "Care to try again with some help~?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2011, 12:38:46 AM »
>"Yes~"
>She's nice~

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #337 on: June 13, 2011, 12:46:05 AM »
>"Ny...... I never danced before... "*Shy*

>"Could you tell me, Nya... at least why are do I have the leisure of your appointment here? In a good matter, Nya would be to know the least of each other's name... Like you probably already know, my comes by Hibachi... Nyan?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #338 on: June 14, 2011, 12:09:15 AM »
>"Yes~"
>She's nice~
>"Ny...... I never danced before... "*Shy*
>"Could you tell me, Nya... at least why are do I have the leisure of your appointment here? In a good matter, Nya would be to know the least of each other's name... Like you probably already know, my comes by Hibachi... Nyan?"
>You shyly take her hand and she helps you back on your feet. "~♪"
>She is pretty nice isn't she? "Well, shall we dance~?"
>You begin to dance along with her in a waltz that seems to match Mystia's song for some strange reason, with her leading the way.
>As you dance, you ask her why she's here, and she just smiles back. "Does a thought need a reason to exist~?"
>Fair enough you think, so you ask for at least her name while introducing yourself, but she just keeps smiling. "Ask the one who rules the underground, she knows~"
>She's weird. Nice, but weird.

>Meanwhile, Mokou's just staring, unsure what to make of what seems to her eyes, to be a one-cat waltz. She's probably wondering who you're talking to as well.

>As the song goes on, You and the mysterious girl continue to dance until it ends.
>At the end of the dance, the mysterious girl curtseys and seems to fade away....How does she do that?
>...Huh? Feels like there's something in the pocket of your Cloak where Ponga used to hide...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #339 on: June 14, 2011, 12:22:08 AM »
>"I hope we will meet again, Nya~"

>Reach out for the pocket.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #340 on: June 14, 2011, 12:50:11 AM »
> Check pocket.
> "Uh...  I'm assuming you didn't see her, right Mokou nya?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #341 on: June 14, 2011, 12:57:57 AM »
>"I hope we will meet again, Nya~"
>Reach out for the pocket.
> Check pocket.
> "Uh...  I'm assuming you didn't see her, right Mokou nya?"
>You comment that you hope you'll meet her again but there's no response from anyone but Mokou. "Meet who again?"
>You ask Mokou if she saw the girl you were dancing with, and she just shakes her head. "All I saw was you dancing by yourself. You were talking to yourself too."
>Yep, there's no way she could've seen her.
>You check the pocket and find a shimmering blue rose! How'd that get in there?!
>But as strange as it is, it must be proof that it wasn't all in your head.

~Item get: Shimmering Blue Rose~
A mysterious Blue Rose that shines faintly, you found it in your cloak's pocket after dancing with a strange girl whom nobody could see but you...You have a feeling that it's probably important.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #342 on: June 14, 2011, 01:02:18 AM »
>"Well either way.. you can believe there was someone else, or not, Nya~"

>"It's Gensokyou, Nya..."

>Smell the rose, maybe it has some other clue... It's.. blue?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #343 on: June 14, 2011, 01:20:42 AM »
>Eat the rose.
>Stuff it in our pocket that somehow holds a pocket dimension with all our stuff, Thanks to Yukari!
>Inventory, Quests, Relationships, current objective, Cute factor.

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2011, 05:13:33 PM »
>"Well either way.. you can believe there was someone else, or not, Nya~"
>"It's Gensokyou, Nya..."

>Smell the rose, maybe it has some other clue... It's.. blue?
>You comment to Mokou that she can either believe that someone was there, or not. This is Gensokyo afterall, stranger things have happened.
>Of course, Mokou just shrugs. "Eh, whatever floats your boat kid."
>You sniff the rose experimentally in hopes that it might have a clue....That's odd, it smells kinda like a cave. But there's still the overall rose scent. How weird!

>Paint the rose red, like we saw on the TV Box
>Eat the rose.
>Stuff it in our pocket that somehow holds a pocket dimension with all our stuff, Thanks to Yukari!
>Inventory, Quests, Relationships, current objective, Cute factor.
>You briefly consider painting it, but instead decide to eat it....Urp...That didn't go down well...Ghk?! GAME OVER, RETURN OF GANON
Maybe now you'll know not to eat strange plants that you found in your pocket?

>Inventory
Cooking Outfit(Unequipped)
This stylish-looking White Apron and Green Kimono set looked brown when you first saw it, but you blinked and it was green like all the others.
Cooking Hat(Unequipped)
This poofy hat is a must for any chef, as the Legendary Chef Boyardee can attest...But you kinda wonder just who he is.
Classy Suit (Equipped)
Yukari probably left this in your closet, you think it looks snazzy!
Tiny Ribbon (Worn as Accessory 1)
Cute little ribbon you woke up with.
Nifty Cloak (Worn as Accessory 2)
Yukari gave you this cloak to go with your suit, it's even got a pouch for Ponga to sit in!
Snazzy Cap (Current Headgear)
Yukari gave you this neat little hat at the same time as the Cloak, apparently it was made as part of a set to go with the Suit.
Classy Headgear (Unequipped)
Snazzy Top hat that goes with the suit. You think it adds charm, but does it add CHARISMA?
Yukari's Note (Key Item)
A note that was addressed to you, written by Yukari.
Blank Spellcards(2) (Key Item)
These blank spellcards were given to you by CidNitori, as well as Momiji, but you can't use them until you have them engraved somehow.
Mountain Map (Key Item)
This is a simple map of the Youkai Mountain, simple enough that even you can read it. It marks such important places as Moriya Shrine, Tengu Village, Kappa Village, and the Outpost!
Momiji's Newspaper (Key Item)
A newspaper with a picture of a green-haired woman on the front, who could she be?
Froggy's Iron Ring (Equipped as Accessory)
The Red Kedama dropped this when you defeated it. It's apparently one of the many Iron Rings that were scattered all across Gensokyo when Suwako and the Red-White fought.
Athletic Wrappings(Equipped on Legs)
A roll of Athletic Bandages that people who play sports often wear, it has a caricature of a drunk-looking girl with horns on it. Maybe they belong to whoever's face that is?
They seem to have a strange effect when you equip them.

Macca(Total: 224)
These weird coins were given to you by Ran, they were helpful in resolving the Nozuchi incident. They must have some kind of power, but you can't feel anything.
Elegant Chopsticks (Key Item)
These were given to you by Yuyuko as thanks for the food you and Youmu made, you've been needing something like this for a long time!
Snazzy Cloak
This cloak was special-ordered by Yukari to go with your Suit, but why did it take so long to be made..?
Nifty Cap
This cap was special ordered by Yukari to go with your Suit, it looks kinda like those hats the policemen wore in those old television shows about criminals, detectives, and such.
Shimmering Blue Rose (Key Item)
A mysterious Blue Rose that shines faintly, you found it in your cloak's pocket after dancing with a strange girl whom nobody could see but you...You have a feeling that it's probably important.

>Spellcards
Soldier Cat ~ 「Felyn Lance」 (Mana Cost 2)
This is the first Spellcard you unlocked, It fires a barrage of Laser Shots directly forward. You get the feeling Yukari would be proud.
Galvein Buster -Focus- (Mana Cost 6)
This spellcard unlocked itself as you were fighting the fake Cirno for a second time, it fires a fierce barrage of large and medium-sized shots. But like your other card, it's forward-restricted as well. However, it has a much larger area of effect.

>Quests
Ice Crusher
Word is that Cirno's been acting strange and attacking anyone going near the Misty Lake, and since she's been doing that, nobody can get any fish there!
This problem must be dealt with, for the sake of your lunch!
So the Cirno that's been causing trouble was a fake afterall.
If she's been being impersonated, then something must've happened to her...But what?
You've learned that Cirno was acting like she was being chased by something, and disappeared shortly after, only to show up again causing trouble.
But that was the fake, so the real one's still missing.

Mountain of FaithFun
According to CidNitori, the Tengu on the Mountain have lots of fun things to do!
So it's your task to find out what!
Apparently the tengu and kappa busy themselves with playing Shogi in their off time, but maybe there's more they do than just that?

Of Kedama And Fairies
Momiji said that Fairies keep Kedama as pets sometime, so the best person to ask what Kedama eat would be a fairy!
And Suwako said that Fairies are Embodiments of Nature itself, so they know all about Kedamas.
Now all that's left is to find a fairy that's willing to tell you!
>Subquests
Ancient Relics
According to Yukari, there were two powerful people in Gensokyo who haven't been seen for a long time.
She mentioned that they've left some of their possessions behind, and that a puppeteer might be able to help you find some of them.
According to Rumia, the Black-White might be another lead on this matter. Rumia also mentioned a shop on the outskirts of the Forest of Magic, and  that the owner of that shop might also be able to help.
So far you've got three leads, a Puppeteer, who resides in the Forest of Magic. The Black-White, who also resides there. And a merchant who lives on the Forest's outskirts.
You'd think that since they can all be found in the Forest of Magic, that maybe they might know each other!

>S-Links
"Phoenix" Fujiwara no Mokou, Hourai Immortal.
Element: Fire
"Metalworker" Hebichi, Nozuchi Metalworker
S-Link Rank: 1
Element: Unknown
>Allies
Serpent Nozuchi ~ "Hebichi"

>Right now you're just killing time until Wriggle gets back everyone's going to check out the Iceberg Fort afterwards.
>As for cuteness, you're about as adorable as you've always been!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »
>Ok... and Rumia, Chen, Mystia...?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2011, 08:48:03 PM »
>Kick back and read the newspaper.

Seriously, Why havent we read this yet? We got time, lets do it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »
>Ok... and Rumia, Chen, Mystia...?
>Rumia's poking at Hebichi, who still seems to be in a sorry state of affairs. She looks mildly amused.
>Chen seems to still be asleep atop Mystia's cart, where you left her.
>Mystia's just sitting in one of the surrounding trees you think, she's nowhere to be seen though, so she's probably hidden herself among the branches.

Seriously, Why haven't we read this yet? We got time, lets do it.
Seriously, Why haven't we read this yet? We got time, lets do it.
>You decide to read the old newspaper you got back before you learned how to fly....just how old was this thing again?

Quote from: Bunbunmaru, February Issue
A Mystery at The Garden?
Recently, Ms. Yuuka Kazami of the Sun's Garden has been acting very reclusive and solitary, what could have brought this change about?
Rumor has it that a new Flower Youkai has appeared there, and that Ms. Kazami is the mother!

Lakeside Lout!
The resident leader of a small-time gang of lesser Youkai, the Ice Fairy Cirno, has been stirring up trouble in the vicinity of the Misty Lake, the place where she makes her home.
Recently, she has been seen attacking anyone who approaches the lake, and with never-before-seen might!
What could have brought on this sudden bout of territorialism?

Missing Again?
According to rumors, Koishi Komeiji, younger sister of well-known therapist and leader, Satori Komeiji, has gone missing once again.
Some of the patrols have reported seeing a strange girl wandering the mountain, as well as a faint scent of roses. Could they be connected to the younger Komeiji's disappearance?

>Those seem to be the only interesting articles, but it's at least two to three months old, so most everything else is out-of-date.
>You've personally solved most of the second article, but the third one is what jumps out at you the most.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2011, 11:29:48 PM »
> Third one probably refers to Ms. Rose.
> "Nya~"

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »
>Explain panicky to Mokou about the third article.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2011, 11:49:15 PM »
Oh god dammit now I feel like we missed some sort of scene. After all, We already know the cause of the latter two, And from what I can only assume parser had some sort of scene with a new flower youkai planned early on or something. That or alternate realities are a go. also yuuka~

>Think about the third one. Sure, It's old, And its most likely been solved, but still.
>Note to self: Get some money to buy another edition of the BunBunMaru. Keep up to date and all that~

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2011, 11:54:11 PM »
>That Aoibara-Shama must be... Koishi?

>Save Hebichi from Rumia's poking, make poke back yourself...

>"Nya... I will go look around, you can keep things from getting hot here Mokou"

>Go on a patrol.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #353 on: June 15, 2011, 12:30:15 AM »
> Third one probably refers to Ms. Rose.
> "Nya~"
>That Aoibara-Shama must be... Koishi?
>Save Hebichi from Rumia's poking, make poke back yourself...
>"Nya... I will go look around, you can keep things from getting hot here Mokou"
>Go on a patrol.
>Explain panicky to Mokou about the third article.
>Maybe that third one is related to the girl who you danced with?
>You meow cheerfully as you read the newspaper. Hey, there's an advertisement for a tavern of some kind.
>Apparently it's mascot is some kinda monkey-tiger-snake-tanuki-thing. It looks weird.
>Apparently they're having half off dinners until the 15th....too bad this ad was from a few months back.
>Hang on...maybe the girl you danced with was the missing girl the newspaper talked about! You explain this in a somewhat panicky way to Mokou, who just stares at you weirdly.
>"Hang on a minute, rewind that. So you're saying that the person you were dancing with was someone talked about in the news a few months back? Then she must not be missing after all...Unless she's got a reason for being out here that is."
>You walk over to Rumia and start poking her. "Waha~ Quit it~" Looks like she's ticklish.
>You tell Mokou that you're going to go look around for a bit, and that she should keep things from getting too hot, and she chuckles. "Too hot? Ahaha, it's because I use fire isn't it? Funny joke that."
>You wander off while investigating whatever looks interesting.

Oh god dammit now I feel like we missed some sort of scene. After all, We already know the cause of the latter two, And from what I can only assume parser had some sort of scene with a new flower youkai planned early on or something. That or alternate realities are a go. also yuuka~

>Think about the third one. Sure, It's old, And its most likely been solved, but still.
>Note to self: Get some money to buy another edition of the BunBunMaru. Keep up to date and all that~
>As you walk, you think about the third article,and how although it's old, and might already have been solved, it might still be useful.
>As you keep moving and investigating, you also get the idea that you should find some way to get more money to buy another issue of the Bunbunmaru, it might be useful and all that jazz~
>After a while, you get the feeling that you're not going to find anything, and start back for the cart....But suddenly you trip over something and fall flat on your face!
>Oww.....Just what is that anyways..? it looks kinda like a little pagoda-shaped lantern...But more importantly, it's shiny! It looks like that instead of a candle though, there's a large jewel in there!

~Item Get: Pagoda-shaped Lantern~
You stumbled across this strange object as you were exploring, Literally. It looks kinda like a Pagoda almost...And what's with that gem in there?

Parser's Note: Oh, it'll all be revealed in due time~
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
> Look the Pagoda over.
> Head back to the cart.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #355 on: June 15, 2011, 12:35:51 AM »
> I though... flying is more of a kind of patrolling... however... We should examine surroundings of where did we find that pagoda, any clues to who left it here?

>Try to light it up then...

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #356 on: June 15, 2011, 01:09:44 AM »
>"From darkest day to blackest night..."
>Did the lantern light up? Well crud.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #357 on: June 15, 2011, 01:22:30 AM »
> I though... flying is more of a kind of patrolling... however... We should examine surroundings of where did we find that pagoda, any clues to who left it here?
>Try to light it up then...
>"From darkest day to blackest night..."
>Did the lantern light up? Well crud.
>You look at the surroundings, in hopes that you'll find a clue as to who left it there.
>You find that it was in a small crater,  almost as if it was dropped from a large height, maybe whoever left it behind was flying overhead and dropped it?
>You have no idea how to light it, but you try any way that you can think of, including a funny phrase you read in one of Suwako's comic books...but it doesn't light up. maybe there's something missing?
>It looks intact, so maybe you just don't have enough power to light it?

> Look the Pagoda over.
> Head back to the cart.
>You examine the pagoda closely....Looks like it's made of bronze, a few pearls here and there, and one honkin' big gem the size of your fist in the center. There's no handle on it though, maybe you've got to hold it by the base?
>Hey...there's a weird inscription on the bottom...But you can't read it. It looks like it's in an old script, Ran never taught you this one!
>Well, you figure that maybe having some more folks puzzling over it will be more helpful, so you head back to the cart.

>After a little while, you arrive back at the cart to find that everyone's already there, and Chen's awake too! Hebichi still looks like death warmed over though.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #358 on: June 15, 2011, 01:28:31 AM »
>Ask everyone if they have news.. share your findings, and talk about what's next

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #359 on: June 15, 2011, 01:43:32 AM »
>"Cheeeeeeeeeen! I found some sort of lantern that looks like a house thingy!"
>"Except it doesnt work...."