Author Topic: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!  (Read 152875 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!
« Reply #240 on: June 01, 2011, 12:19:54 AM »
social links werent originally planned were they? Seems like something you'd just do because of ya know Persona.

>"Well, What'cha gunna make then? Some sort of super awesome armor? Or maybe some sort of sword thing that goes from an axe to a sword to a mace?! That would be coooool."
>The food.... I must be polite... too...
>Nyan... pause eating.... "Well... I will take... the liberty.... of introducing... You to.... everyone then... Nyan.... Sho... this is Hebichi, I found her..... while visiting... Hakugyokurou.... She's just...  a little shy... Nya... And.. you already knew Chen, Nya? Mystia... she runs this... food cart... And Mokou... she seems to... be able to... control fire... There is also... Rumia... that likes darkness.. and play around... and Wriggle... that likes cosplaying.... Nyan..
>Gonna finish that food...
>"Chen.... Let's go... Hebichi... that gap... closed after... you exited..?"
>"Sho... until next day.. everyone... Take care, Nyan...."
> Shouldn't we finish what we started first though?  Don't wanna give 'em time to potentially regroup.
>You debate what to do until you decide that you should probably finish what you started.
>Besides, when you look back to where the gap was, you find that it's already closed!
>So you introduce Hebichi to everyone in between bites...Well, except for Wriggle, who's off looking for Ponga.
>Though you do tell Hebichi about her. In addition to the shock of finding out that Wriggle's actually a girl. Of course, she simply looks unsurprised, as if she not only expected it, but knew.
> "...I'm not surprised...Most Youkai are girls...Except for that one out at the one forest...I think he runs some kind of general store..."
>Oh yeah, didn't Rumia mention someone like that the other day? But from how she was talking, you could've sworn it was a human. Could the shopkeeper actually be a Youkai...?
>You keep eating, but the bowl seems to truly be endless! Just how much meat is in there?!
>You decide to take a break from trying to finish the seemingly endless reserves of meat that the bowl contains, and ask Hebichi what she's going to make.
>But she just shrugs. "...It's something I've been meaning to make...But I can't make it without a forge..."
>Of course, Rumia's wandered over, and started poking her.
>You have a feeling that Rumia's got a hold of the Idiot Ball rather strongly today.
>And of course, Hebichi surprises just about everyone by flinging Rumia skyward with just one arm, and without even getting up from her seat no less! "...Idiot..."
>You get the feeling that if there's anyone you shouldn't get mad, it's her.

Parser's Note: Actually, they were planned from the get-go.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2011, 12:24:51 AM »
>oh god so much meat
>"Hope Rumia's okay..."
>"Do you mind if I watch you while you're making whatever it is? And how completely awesome will it be?!"
>Any sight of Wriggle or Ponga?

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #242 on: June 01, 2011, 12:26:27 AM »
>"Ohhh.... Sho... Hebichi, what... are you.. doing here? You know about.... that guy... Nya? He's kinda.... Strange...."

>"I shee..... hmm... Sho if you want... something... go ahead, ask" *Smile*

>Also.. the slow talking is from.. having a... headache.. Nya?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #243 on: June 01, 2011, 12:46:42 AM »
> "A-anyone got something for h-headaches?"
> Oooooooooooooow.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Whatthe

• Formerly known as "Only somewhat distracted"
  • Still distracted
« Reply #244 on: June 01, 2011, 01:17:04 AM »
>Sudden flash of inspiration: If we obtain another bowl, we can dump the contents of this one upside-down into that one and easily see what's on the bottom...
>"Mystinya...do you...have another bowl...nya?"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 02:38:59 AM by Whatthe »

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #245 on: June 01, 2011, 01:43:47 AM »
>Sudden flash of inspiration: If we obtain another bowl, we can dump the contents of this one upside-down into that one and easily see what's one the bottom...

>Terrible idea. The meat might go everywhere!

>...Hebichi seems strong. Make a note not to make her angry, nya.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #246 on: June 01, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »
>oh god so much meat
>"Hope Rumia's okay..."
>"Do you mind if I watch you while you're making whatever it is? And how completely awesome will it be?!"
>Any sight of Wriggle or Ponga?
>Sudden flash of inspiration: If we obtain another bowl, we can dump the contents of this one upside-down into that one and easily see what's on the bottom...
>Terrible idea. The meat might go everywhere!
>...Hebichi seems strong. Make a note not to make her angry, nya.
>That sure is a lot of meat.
>You contemplate asking for another bowl to see if you can sneak your way to seeing the bottom of the bowl, but you decide against it, on the grounds that it'd probably send the meat everywhere.
>So you just ask Hebichi if it's okay if you watch her make whatever it is she's gonna make, but she just shakes her head. "...Secret project...sorry..."
>You look around a bit for signs of Wriggle or Ponga, but there's nothing. more fireflies than normal though.
>In fact, all the insects in the area are oddly active, even ones that you'd not expect to see at night, like butterflies! Several of which Chen has begun to chase after absent-mindedly.
>Wonder if it's somehow connected to Wriggle?
>You comment that you hope Rumia's okay, and Hebichi just shrugs. "...She can fly cant she...?"
>Oh yeah, Hebichi's got a point there, Rumia can fly.
>You decide to make a mental note to not get her mad, things could get bad if that happens.

>"Ohhh.... Sho... Hebichi, what... are you.. doing here? You know about.... that guy... Nya? He's kinda.... Strange...."
>"I shee..... hmm... Sho if you want... something... go ahead, ask" *Smile*
>Also.. the slow talking is from.. having a... headache.. Nya?
> "A-anyone got something for h-headaches?"
> Oooooooooooooow.
>Headache? You don't have one!
>You just feel really drained, both physically and spiritually. Though the meat's certainly helped in that matter. Nothing a bit more probably won't fix.
>The food's pretty rejuvenating for some reason, wonder why? You think could probably walk okay now.
>You ask Hebichi why she's here, and if she knows about the faker, and she starts looking serious. "...Black Frost too huh...? ...It'll take a lot more than that to end him..."
>Sounds like she knows the faker...Black Frost huh? That certainly makes sense...Maybe she's even fought him in the past...?
>Mokou of course, has gotten an interested look on her face."So what you're saying is, he's lived through worse?"
>To which, Hebichi nods wordlessly. Seems that despite having been introduced to just about everyone, she's still pretty timid.
>"...I saw a pillar of fire all the way from the forge...And the lady who was showing me around decided to send me here to see what happened...But I wonder why she took so long in sending me..."
>Wow...things got pretty tense when she started talking about the faker...Er, Black Frost...Hebichi's Presence actually got heavier during that...Scary...
>So to break the tension, you ask Hebichi if she wants anything on the menu, and she just points at a large bottle that looks like those little ones that Mystia served with the food last night. "...That."
>Of course, when she hears this, Mystia just goes pale. "Th-that's Oni-Grade! Are you serious?!"
>Oni-Grade? What's so bad about that? You heard that the Oni are a pretty good lot, if a fair bit rowdier than most. So what's there to worry about? It can't be that bad can it?
>In fact, you're kinda interested yourself...Couldn't hurt to see how bad it is yourself could it?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #247 on: June 01, 2011, 12:02:18 PM »
>"I should... take that.. as you... perfectly know... what's in that bottle right?"

>"Lady, Nya?"

>"Chen.... that's not.. helping... Wriggle.. Find Ponga..."

>"I don't... think.. we should drink... just yet.... specially.. we are going.. back tommorow, Nya?"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #248 on: June 01, 2011, 05:41:49 PM »
>Oh silly us, That drink is for Onis, not adorable kittens like us!
>Well, Hebachi is pretty strong.. Maybe she's part-oni?
>"Go on, Let her have it, She's pretty strong right? She can handle anything."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #249 on: June 01, 2011, 09:04:31 PM »
> Black Frost is gonna pay~
> "Sounds like tonight might get a tad annoying if he's still around..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #250 on: June 02, 2011, 02:44:14 AM »
>"I should... take that.. as you... perfectly know... what's in that bottle right?"
>"Lady, Nya?"
>"Chen.... that's not.. helping... Wriggle.. Find Ponga..."
>"I don't... think.. we should drink... just yet.... specially.. we are going.. back tomorrow, Nya?"
>Oh silly us, That drink is for Onis, not adorable kittens like us!
>Well, Hebachi is pretty strong.. Maybe she's part-oni?
>"Go on, Let her have it, She's pretty strong right? She can handle anything."
> Black Frost is gonna pay~
> "Sounds like tonight might get a tad annoying if he's still around..."
>Oh yeah, it is for Oni afterall...But...
>She is pretty strong...maybe?
>You ask about the lady who sent her, and she just stares at the bottle. "...The one with the weird hat...Or was it the one with all the tails...."
>You remark that youtake it that she knows what's in the bottle, and Hebichi nods.
>You comment that maybe we shouldn't drink just yet,and that we'll be coming back in the morning, but Chen flicks a shot at you. "Remember? We already agreed we were gonna press things while we had the advantage."
>Oh yeah...you kinda did already agree to that...
>Of course, Hebichi just looks at you like you're stupid or something. "...Who said anything about you drinking...? ...This is for me..."
>Does she really intend to drink the whole bottle on her own?!
>Of course, she then slams a rather nice pile of coins onto the counter...Just where'd she get those?!
>And ofcourse, Mystia just stares at the coins in awe before passing passing Hebichi the bottle. "Th-that'll definitely cover it.."
>Once she's got her hands on the bottle, she doesn't wait any longer to uncork it and start chugging!

>After a while of general discussion, drinking, and eating, everyone came to the descision that tonight's as good a time as any to finish what was started.
>Meanwhile, Hebichi's regaling Rumia and Mokou with a rather rowdy tale. "So this ninja, he tries to get me to go to 'bed' with 'im right? So I takes an 'ammer I 'ad lyin' around, and I shove it up 'is #$%!"
>Of course, this is followed by raucous laughter on Mokou's part. "Gahahahaha! And what happened next?" "I'll tell ya one thing, poor sap 'ad to have it surgically removed. Couldn't sit for almost a year afterwards on 'ccount of 'ow deep it went!"
>This of course, is met with gales of laughter from all three of them. Chen of course, is lazing around on the cart's roof with the remnants of her food.
>Wow...You'd almost think Hebichi's a different person...She's gotten all rowdy and loud...Kinda like Mokou..
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:40:13 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #251 on: June 02, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »
>It's the booze.
>welp so much for super cute kawaii desudesudesu hebichi ;_;
>"You... ah... Really get around dont you Hebichi?"
>Try not to think about the other... horrible things she may have done. She's innocent, and that's that.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #252 on: June 02, 2011, 04:14:54 AM »
>Huggle Hebichi!

>"Nyaaa~! Tell us more stories, great Hebichi-shama~!"

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #253 on: June 02, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »
>Uhu... Chen's got the place covered...

>"Aren't we... still on the enemy territory perhaps? Wriggle is still missing...."

>We can always try to tell stories of our own, Nya~

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #254 on: June 02, 2011, 09:34:17 PM »
>It's the booze.
>welp so much for super cute kawaii desudesudesu hebichi ;_;
>"You... ah... Really get around don't you Hebichi?"
>Try not to think about the other... horrible things she may have done. She's innocent, and that's that.
>Uhu... Chen's got the place covered...
>"Aren't we... still on the enemy territory perhaps? Wriggle is still missing...."
>We can always try to tell stories of our own, Nya~
>Huggle Hebichi!
>"Nyaaa~! Tell us more stories, great Hebichi-shama~!"
>Ah...such a dilemma...do you hang back and just leave them to their devices? Or do you dive in with gusto?
>This conundrum is starting to give you a headache...
>But it does seem that Chen's got the place pretty covered....even if she's napping intermittently.
>But it does seem that Hebichi's not quite what you thought she was....
>But there's something funny about her....her Presence seems slightly different than before she started drinking...Almost like she really is a different person.
>But that can't be right, she was normal up until the drinking...It's gotta be the booze.
>You comment that everyone's still technically in enemy territory, and that Wriggle's still out there. Mystia of course, nods in agreement. "She should be back soon. We can move on with things after that."
>You could tell a story too, but the only one that comes to mind is the time you fought with Kanako, back before you could fly.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #255 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:02 PM »
>Story time, With your host Hibachi!
>Guest-starring the famous pop-sensation known as Mystia Lorelai!
>... Okay maybe not that cool but lets tell it anyways, unless someone else has something to say.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #256 on: June 02, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
> Tell the story while we wait for Wriggle.

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #257 on: June 02, 2011, 09:50:17 PM »
>Tell a story.. or talk about anime all night, then...

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2011, 01:19:21 AM »
>What's a anime?

>"I wonder when's Yukari gonna bring that TV box..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2011, 10:37:52 PM »
>Story time, With your host Hibachi!
>Guest-starring the famous pop-sensation known as Mystia Lorelai!
>... Okay maybe not that cool but lets tell it anyways, unless someone else has something to say.
> Tell the story while we wait for Wriggle.
>Tell a story.. or talk about anime all night, then...
>It's storytime!
>You decide to start your own story when Hebichi's paused in hers.
>You tell the story of your fight with Kanako, and when you get to the part where you did that thing with the ring and such, Mokou interjects.
>"Wait, so that explosion a while back was your doing kid? I thought that that hell-raven got up there and went berserk!"
>Oh yeah, Suwako did mention something about an explosion. Was it really that bad..?
>You continue on with the story, and eventually Wriggle staggers out of the nearby trees looking pretty haggard and worn, but relatively healthy.
>No injuries that You can see though, so she's probably looking like that because of searching.

>What's a anime?
>"I wonder when's Yukari gonna bring that TV box..."
>You wonder what an anime is, but then you remember Tensoku Z! Man that show was awesome.
>After you finish the story, you wonder aloud if Yukari's ever gonna bring the TV.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2011, 10:43:02 PM »
>Get up and glomp wriggle
>"Didcha find ponga?! Didcha?!"
>PONGA COME HOME ;_;

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2011, 10:43:57 PM »
>"Wriggle... Ponga?"

>"Staying all night? We could use some rest, Nya... You guys have a place to sleep?"

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #262 on: June 03, 2011, 10:51:54 PM »
>Prepare to sacrifice our body and soul to Wriggle as soon as she said she found Ponga.

>"You look tired..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2011, 07:57:43 PM »
>Get up and glomp wriggle
>"Didcha find ponga?! Didcha?!"
>PONGA COME HOME ;_;
>"Wriggle... Ponga?"
>"Staying all night? We could use some rest, Nya... You guys have a place to sleep?"
>Prepare to sacrifice our body and soul to Wriggle as soon as she said she found Ponga.
>"You look tired..."
>You get up and head over to Wriggle and ask if she found Ponga, but she just shakes her head.
>Man...Where is that fuzzball?!
>You comment that Wriggle looks tired, and she just grins slightly. "I've been through worse, nothing a little snack won't fix."
>And with that, wriggle staggers over to the cart and...hey! That's your seat!
>So you just decide to fly up to the cart's roof and join Chen up there...But your food's still down there...
>You ask if they have a place to sleep, and comment that it looks like it's gonna be one of those nights. "There's the old hideout we used to use around here, but we haven't used it since Dai vanished..."

Parser's Note: Goofed up and hit post instead of preview. Also saw a continuity error in an earlier post, gonna fix that too.
Parser's Sidenote: Why does the thought of that make me think of Doc Scratch?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 08:39:25 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #265 on: June 04, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »
>Ask the parser what happened to the text and action, nya!

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #266 on: June 04, 2011, 08:44:48 PM »
>Oh we aren't that bright (Yet), but we can come back for food right?

>Also do not forget to tell everyone, we should take turns in camp guarding, Nya?

>"Nya, Wriggle....shama, when was the last time.. you checked out that hideout...?"

>Whisper to Chen's ears "Are you asleep yet? I know you can take care of yourself, Nya... but.. it's dangerous there, really... Nya... Chen... please be careful... "
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 10:10:44 PM by Berzul »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #267 on: June 04, 2011, 09:13:40 PM »
> "Hmmm..."
> Sigh and partake at looking at the stars.  S'one of those nights.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #268 on: June 04, 2011, 11:24:28 PM »
>"Well, What happened? Tellmetellmetellmeeeeee!"
>PONGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. BABY COME BACK

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #269 on: June 05, 2011, 11:37:03 AM »
>"Well, What happened? Tellmetellmetellmeeeeee!"
>PONGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. BABY COME BACK
>You ask Wriggle what happened, and she just shrugs. "Well, a few Moths I had sent out reported seeing something weird. They knew it was a Youkai, but it was like no Youkai they'd ever seen."
>Wriggle then takes a bite of the Lamprey Skewer that Mystia handed her as you were flying up to the cart's roof. "And a group of Water Striders I sent to the lake reported the same thing, looks like it was heading for that iceberg."
>You don't suppose that could've been Ponga could it? But something doesn't add up...

>Oh we aren't that bright (Yet), but we can come back for food right?
>Also do not forget to tell everyone, we should take turns in camp guarding, Nya?
>"Nya, Wriggle....shama, when was the last time.. you checked out that hideout...?"
>Whisper to Chen's ears "Are you asleep yet? I know you can take care of yourself, Nya... but.. it's dangerous there, really... Nya... Chen... please be careful... "
>You're decently learned now, but you still mess up quite a lot...like that time you tried to fly up, but went down instead. Yukari had to gap you out of the floor that time...She never has let you live that one down.
>You remark that people should take turns in guarding the camp, and Wriggle looks up from the counter and nods. "Good idea, you take first watch then, since it was your idea."
>And almost as if it was fated to be, Hebichi, Mokou, and Rumia laugh uproariously, even though you're pretty sure they didn't hear Wriggle's remark.
>You decide to ask Wriggle what the last time they checked out that old hideout was, and she just shrugs. "Hey Mystia, it was the day Cirno vanished wasn't it?" "No, it was the day Dai vanished, remember?" "Huh, could've sworn it was when Cirno vanished that one day." "...It might've been when Dai vanished..." "Ah, but then it could've been when Cirno vanished..."
>So it was when Cirno vanished? ...or was it when Dai vanished? Can't they make up their minds? You're starting to question just how smart they are.
>So you decide to whisper to Chen, and ask if she's awake, and to tell her to be careful. Of course, she just mutters unintelligibly a bit before responding. "..Snrkf....I know..."

>As the night drags on, a few of the folks present have fallen asleep, particularly of note is Hebichi, who has fallen asleep hanging upside-down from a nearby tree branch.
>Mokou's still awake....you think. Wriggle's definitely fallen asleep. Mystia's one of the few still awake though. You of course being the other person still awake.

> "Hmmm..."
> Sigh and partake at looking at the stars.  S'one of those nights.
>You go 'Hmmm...' and just stare at the stars....
>They're looking pretty good tonight, but it's gonna be one of those nights. Oh look, there's the Four Symbols, constellations that represent powerful creatures of legend.
>Genbu, the Black Tortoise. Suzaku, the Vermillion Bird. Byakko, the White Tiger. And Seiryu, the Azure Dragon...But are they more than just patterns of stars here in Gensokyo...?
>For a brief moment, the four almost seem to be fighting! But it looks like you're the only one who saw that vision...for some reason you feel a heavy unease...You don't know why, but something's got you on edge something fierce.
>And strangely enough, you see that strange girl you saw on the mountain fly close enough that you could almost touch her!
>But this time you can actually see details! She's got these weird blue cords sticking out of her, and they're attached to this weird blue ball no bigger than a man's fist. hang on...are those eyelashes on it?!
>Of course, just like last time, it's like she's not even there, you can't even feel her Presence.
>But the weird thing is, she just smiles and tips her hat...That's a nice-looking hat there...Hey, that's a melon bread under there! Why's she keeping one of those in her hat?
>After that, she just flies on her way, almost seeming to fade away as she goes....And there's a faint scent of roses, just like last time...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!