Author Topic: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!  (Read 152859 times)

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
Re: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »
>Maybe we could.. but since the medicine box is.. locked away, and everyone else is sleeping.. we.. shouldn't do anything else than sleeping ourselfs... maybe.. check if we didn't wake up anyone?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
>Maybe we could.. but since the medicine box is.. locked away, and everyone else is sleeping.. we.. shouldn't do anything else than sleeping ourselfs... maybe.. check if we didn't wake up anyone?
> Well, I meant in the morning because I didn't wanna wake anyone up either. :3  Probably should've made that clearer.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »
Oh shit, parser, Before I forget, Can you link to the first thread in the original post? Even though you got a summary, some people might wanna re-read it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2011, 03:06:22 PM »
>murder everybody
>Think about what you've gone through. So much has happened in little time. Ponder the future.
>Proceed to pass out from brain overload
lets get this FEVAH going baby
> Bolt upright out of sleep.
> "F-FISH!  FISH EVERYWHERE!"
>*Accidently* pounce Hebichi while doing so.
> Well, I meant in the morning because I didn't wanna wake anyone up either. :3  Probably should've made that clearer.
>You reflect on everything that's happened in the past, today, and what will happen in the days to come....Ow. Maybe you should've eased off on the reflecting.
>You crawl into your bed, and before long you fall fast asleep...

>Oddly enough, you don't have much to speak of in the way of dreams. There was this creepy-looking guy with a long nose though, he kept talking about velvet and tarot cards for some strange reason. Wonder why?
>There were a lot of fish later on, but they were swarming you! right when they close in on you completely, you wake up!
>And you catapult out of your bed shouting about fish! ...But you land on the sleeping Hebichi!
>Who summarily flips out and throws you through the roof! Damn, she's deceptively strong for her size!
>On the way up, you notice that you've got a minor headache, and everything's looking fuzzier than that time Ponga was shedding.
>Oh hey, it's morning too. Probably didn't wake anyone up last night, but you don't know about today though.
>You go a fair distance before realizing that you can fly, so you stop yourself in midair and start heading back home. Thankfully, you didn't get flung all the way out of Mayohiga, you just got thrown pretty high. Kinda cold up here...

Oh shit, parser, Before I forget, Can you link to the first thread in the original post? Even though you got a summary, some people might wanna re-read it.
Alright, I'll dig it up.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »
> Crap.  Looks like that hole's gonna have to be fixed.
> Fly back down into our room.
> "S-sorry Hebi-chanya!"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2011, 03:30:16 PM »
> "S-sorry Hebi-chanya!"
Hebi-chanya!"

this is amazing and i love you now haka

>Once we've gotten bck, apologise. We're a good girl after all, even if we do wake up with a hangover and get thrown through the roof.
>What's today got in store for us?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »
:3

> Check current state of clothing.
> Head into the main room and look for Chen.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »
>Once we've gotten back, apologise. We're a good girl after all, even if we do wake up with a hangover and get thrown through the roof.
>What's today got in store for us?
> Crap.  Looks like that hole's gonna have to be fixed.
> Fly back down into our room.
> "S-sorry Hebi-chanya!"
:3
> Check current state of clothing.
> Head into the main room and look for Chen.
>After a short flight, you finally manage to land, where you find Chen staring at the hole in the roof. "W-what happened here?!" You should probably get that fixed sometime.
>It looks like Hebichi's back to being asleep though, so you decide you'll apologize when she's awake. You'll make sure to remember this....maybe. One thing you won't forget? The fact that she's a lot stronger than she looks.
>You were supposed to meet everyone at Mystia's cart. You might be able to get some breakfast there, as investigating the entire lake might take a while.
>Your clothes seem okay, if a fair bit messy. Maybe you should wear some fresh clothes?

>Available Outfits
  • Kimono(Hibachi Custom) x5
    A set of five kimonos that look almost exactly like the kimono you were first wearing when you became a Youkai, with the minor difference that they have a small bee decal on the right sleeve.
  • Classy Suit
    This suit was apparently left in your possession by Yukari as a gift for learning how to fly.
  • Cooking Uniform(Dirty, slightly singed, currently worn)
    This set of clothes meant to be worn around the house for various household tasks was a gift from Youmu. It got pretty dirty when you fought the Fake Cirno.

>Chen also has a look that would indicate that she remembered something. "Oh yeah, how'd last night go? Judging from the state your outfit's in, you must've had a tough time of it....Are those scorch marks? Oh yeah, there was that one person out at the bamboo forest who uses fire. Don't tell me you got in a fight with her too?"
>You should tell her about what happened last night.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
>Give her a summary of what happened.
>"And.... That's about that really. I guess I figured out my power?"
>"Also I need to ask Yukari-shama for a 'blacksmith', whatever that is. Hebichi wants one to show me her powers or somethingnya"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »
> Put on the classy suit minus the hat.  We need to class it up like those investigators in TV!
> Show Chen the Ice Shard as well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2011, 06:25:55 PM »
> Put on the classy suit minus the hat.  We need to class it up like those investigators in TV!
> Show Chen the Ice Shard as well.
>Give her a summary of what happened.
>"And.... That's about that really. I guess I figured out my power?"
>"Also I need to ask Yukari-shama for a 'blacksmith', whatever that is. Hebichi wants one to show me her powers or somethingnya"
>You change into the Suit as you give Chen a summary of what happened last night. Chen just stares on in awe. "We'll have to find a name for it then!"
>Of course, a gap appears nearby, and Yukari steps out of it! "I already know that power's name. Wildcard. Empty, yet full of potential. I daresay it's a good fit for our dear little Hibachi."
>Yukari then pulls a cloak and cap set out of the very same gap she stepped out of and hands them to you. "I had these specially made to go with your suit, You'll find them to be quite useful in the future."

~Item Get: Snazzy Cloak~
This cloak was special-ordered by Yukari to go with your Suit, but why did it take so long to be made..?
~Item Get: Nifty Cap~
This cap was special ordered by Yukari to go with your Suit, it looks kinda like those hats the policemen wore in those old television shows about criminals, detectives, and such.

>Now's your chance to ask Yukari about the blacksmith thingy, so you do! "Yes, your sleeping friend over there asked me about that during dinner. I told her that there is an old, abandoned smithy on the east side of town. Ran will be showing her around today." Yukari then smiles at you enigmatically.
>You show them the ice shard that you got by defeating the Fake Cirno, and Yukari takes it from you to examine closer. "Hmm....I'll have Ran study this later, I'll hold on to it until then."
~Item Lost: Mysterious Ice Shard~
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2011, 06:34:42 PM »
> "Wildcard nya?  Do you know how I can use it more properly then?!"
> Excitement~

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »
I guess Hibachi is
*sunglasses*
the jack of all trades

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>"Hey! You could'va ASKED before taking it you know. Hmph!"
>adoble pouting powers gooooo
>"Can I go with Ran-shama? I wanna see what a blacksmith is too..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »
> "Wildcard nya?  Do you know how I can use it more properly then?!"
> Excitement~
>You ask Yukari how you can use it more properly as you put the Cloak and Cap on.
~BGM: Wildcard~
>"You shall have to find that out on your own, because only you can find out for sure what the proper way to use your power is."
>Well, looks like she's leaving it up to you as to how your power's best used.
>Chen then comments. "Didn't you say that you were gonna meet everyone at the bamboo forest? I'll come with you since Ran-sama's gonna be busy showing Hebi-chan around, and Yukari-sama's gonna be looking at that ice shard you brought back."

I guess Hibachi is
*sunglasses*
the jack of all trades
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>"Hey! You could'va ASKED before taking it you know. Hmph!"
>adoble pouting powers gooooo
>"Can I go with Ran-shama? I wanna see what a blacksmith is too..."
>You pout a bit when Yukari takes the shard, but she just smiles at you enigmatically.
>You ask if you can go with Ran and Hebichi, but Chen flicks a small shot at you, just barely knocking your new Cap off. "You promised them you'd show up to help investigate the lake didn't you? it's not nice to break promises like that."
>Looks like Chen's not gonna let you skip out on investigating the lake...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2011, 07:42:24 PM »
> "Ah!  Oh yeah.  Lets roll!"
> Exit the establishment with Chen.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2011, 08:38:36 PM »
>"ehhh, sorry, I forgot."
>Shall we go? CHEN UNIT, LAUNCH. PEWPEWPEWWWWWWWWW

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2011, 11:20:25 PM »
> "Ah!  Oh yeah.  Lets roll!"
> Exit the establishment with Chen.
>"ehhh, sorry, I forgot."
>Shall we go? CHEN UNIT, LAUNCH. PEWPEWPEWWWWWWWWW
>You mention that you forgot, and Chen just flicks another shot at you, this time it does knock your Cap off, which you promptly pick back up and replace. "Let's get going then!"
>You begin to leave the room, and Yukari simply waves. "Do enjoy yourself. And remember, I'll be watching~"
>For some reason, you sorta feel a chill. That can't be good can it?
>After this little event, you head out to the courtyard and take flight alongside Chen. And the two of you fly to the Bamboo Forest, where you spy Mokou lounging at the Entrance. Judging by the location of the sky that the sun's in, everyone else is probably at the cart by now. Rumia likely has a doozy of a headache.
>When you and Chen land at the Entrance, Mokou gives a slight nod. "There ya are kid, everyone's already at the cart. Oh, blondie's got one hell of a hangover. S'what she gets for drinking so much. Word to the wise, never go drinking with an Oni or a Tengu, those guys can really knock 'em back. ..Er...not that I'd know..." Mokou fidgets a bit as she says the last part, maybe she knows firsthand? That's pretty funny.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 11:59:55 PM »
>"How strong... were those drinks?

>"How much can they drink, nya?"

>Look around the place, do we notice anything wrong?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2011, 12:01:37 AM »
>"So, What's the plan? Do we go in, Guns ablaze?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2011, 01:13:03 AM »
>"How strong... were those drinks?
>"How much can they drink, nya?"
>Look around the place, do we notice anything wrong?
>You ask how strong the drinks were, and Mokou chuckles a bit. "Kid, those drinks aren't even strong enough for a Human. I tell ya, blondie's a real lightweight for a Youkai."
>You ask how much Oni and Tengu can drink, and Mokou does a spit take, but with fire. "Kid, no living thing in Gensokyo aside from another Oni can beat an Oni at drinkin'."
>You look around and don't see much out of place aside from that Ice Dome from last night's battle. Surprisingly enough, it hasn't melted one bit since then. "Well, let's go discuss the plan, we'll need all the help we can get for this."
>And with that, Mokou leads you and Chen to the Cart again, where you can see a distinctive black dress sticking halfway out of a bush. "Oog..."
>Wriggle's leaning on a nearby stalk of bamboo, while Mystia's setting up several small bowls of rice with some grilled lamprey on the side. Looks like she's getting a before-investigation meal set up for everyone.

>"So, What's the plan? Do we go in, Guns ablaze?"
>You ask what the plan is, and if it's to go in full force. Wriggle shrugs. "That comes after we find out what's going on at the lake."
>Meanwhile, it seems Rumia's...Uh...Reacquainting herself with last night's dinner. "Blorfle....ugh...." Smells horrible.
>Wriggle of course, is looking somewhat amused. Probably by the recent turn of events Rumia's going through. "She always forgets what 'appens the next day when she goes on a bender like last night's."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2011, 01:15:56 AM »
>"I say she had it coming. We didnt have the best of first impressions, yaknow."
>"Speaking of first impressions, How did you all meet?"

Berzul

• (*7(*7(*7(*7(*7
  • Round face... z( ⌣ω⌣)z
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2011, 01:00:09 PM »
>"We actually have a scout right here... *look at ponga*"

>Use him to scout the closest area, while waiting for his report later on. Until then, eat food.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2011, 02:29:56 PM »
> "Was there anything else that was weird besides the disappearances?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »
>"I say she had it coming. We didnt have the best of first impressions, yaknow."
>"Speaking of first impressions, How did you all meet?"
>"We actually have a scout right here... *look at ponga*"
>Use him to scout the closest area, while waiting for his report later on. Until then, eat food.
>You remark that Rumia had it coming because of a not-so-good first impression, and Wriggle chuckles. "What'd she do, eat a fairy right in front of ya?" If only Wriggle knew, eh?
>You ask Wriggle and Mystia how everyone first me, and Wriggle looks almost nostalgic. "It was a long time ago, at least thirty or so years I'd say...Or was it sixty? I remember there were a lot of flowers. Anyhow, it's a story best told when everyone's together, otherwise it loses something in the telling. So once we've found Cirno and Dai, and solved this puzzle at the lake, we'll tell you." Looks like Wriggle's the unofficial leader?
>You mention that you actually have a scout, and part your cloak to reveal Ponga sitting in a little pocket that seems to have been made for him. Ponga of course floats out like he normally does, and it looks like something's dawned on Wriggle. "So that's why you asked about Kedama..."
>You ask Ponga to scout out the area, and he whizzes off to patrol and scout. While that happens, you amble on over to the cart and grab one of the bowls and begin eating.
>Mystia notices you and gives a small nod. "So today's the day huh? Nice outfit by the way. You look like that one guy I heard about, think he was some kind of detective."

> "Was there anything else that was weird besides the disappearances?"
>You ask if there was anything odd aside from the disappearances, and Mystia nods. "Cirno mentioned having made a small fortress in the middle of the lake, but she had to abandon it for some reason. I think it might be connected all this somehow."
>Mokou then meanders over to the counter and grabs a bowl herself. "Then that's what we'll start with."
>Chen and Wriggle also join you at the counter. "Yeah, sounds like a plan." "Aye, should be the best place to check right based on what we've got so far."

>In Ponga's Mind as he scouts: "PATROL AND SCOUT! PATROL AND SCOUT! OH! YOU ARE HUGE! THAT MEANS YOU HAVE HUGE INFO! PATROL AND SCOUT!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2011, 02:51:15 PM »
>"Sounds good to me."
>Remember you shouldn't talk with your mouth full. :V

Aha, so Ponga's not as smart as we thought he is? Or maybe he is...?

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
> Wait for the Pongmeister to get back.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2011, 03:13:37 PM »
>"Sounds good to me."
>Remember you shouldn't talk with your mouth full. :V

Aha, so Ponga's not as smart as we thought he is? Or maybe he is...?
>You remark that it sounds good to you, remembering to not talk with your mouth full.
>Oh? Mystia's putting out mugs of some black liquid, smells kinda bitter. "It's coffee, it'll help you get over any hangovers from last night's drinking."
>And bitter it is. Blech. You think you'll probably never get used to this drink's flavor.
>Would ya look at that? Mokou's already drained hers in one go! Rumia's still in that bush though, maybe she won't be so useful today.

> Wait for the Pongmeister to get back.
>You sit there munching on your breakfast and taking a few sips of your drink every now and again until Ponga gets back.
>An hour or so later, after finishing your food and drink, Ponga returns. But he looks like he's been through a blizzard!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2011, 03:17:29 PM »
> "P-Ponga?!  Are you okay nya?!"

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2011, 03:19:48 PM »
>Pet Ponga
>"What happened?"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2011, 03:53:56 PM »
>Pet Ponga
>"What happened?"
> "P-Ponga?!  Are you okay nya?!"
>You pet Ponga some, and ask what happened, and if he's okay. Ponga just shivers and retreats into your Cloak.
>Seems he may have found something! "He probably found something!" "Yeah....Let's move!"
>With that, everyone gets up from the counter and begins to head for the entrance, except for Mystia, who's taking down the awning and setting up a sign that reads 'Closed for the day, Important Business to attend to'.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!