Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 111447 times)

Ryuki

• Dragredder
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 1]
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2011, 01:24:42 PM »

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »
Oh, and Prophet Mala's defense of One is noted. The vote for Moonin is interesting.

This is clearly not a 100% thing, but looking at interactions...

Moonin/Iffrita and One/Mala are potential scum pairings. Obviously there's gonna be more than 2 scum. There's probably a third player who is just lurking and distancing.

Maybe Depore? Maybe Sage Orwen?

I'm down for ANY of the following lynches today:

Iffrita
Sage
One
Mala
Depore(this is here because of a bad gut feeling I have, plus I'm conditioned to have the "Why my Fry me" in my system at all times SOOOO yeah. Let me read closer into Depore before I make this official)

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2011, 01:39:10 PM »
Another thing I find weird: Demon Navarus seems somewhat overdedicated in defending me. Why is that?

##Unvote
##Vote Demon Navarus

There's something not quite right about this post. Normally, questioning the people who read you as town is a pretty town thing to do...

But this felt really forced, and considering that she dropped it after not much longer, I feel like this is a type of maneuver that scum would pull to try and appear more town.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »
Don't know what an UncertainKitten is supposed to mean to me Nav-tan~☆ I don't think it's a misrep when you brought up the possibility of Mala clarifying it again. What did you expect her to say? ┐( ?∀? )┌  But your vote looks good on One-scum. More votes on One please.
Just cause I'm a curious One what exactly do you want Moonin to eludicate on? Your words say you want to change your vote but your vote says Xix Xix Xix~☆ Your reasoning that no one has evidence of concrete scum leaves out a tiny detail. Neither do you! Unless you're his buddy. Thanks for Day 2~☆

Can't argue with that, but it does not mean you need concrete evidence to vote either,
Sorry just reread it, totally phrased it wrong...
I meant everyone had an equal chance to be scum. So I believed that changing or dropping my vote at the time may be worse then just keeping it on Xix.

One, there's no such thing as concrete evidence in Mafia, unless you count scum knowing who the other scum are. Vote changing in itself is not scummy if the vote changes are valid. If you are town, you should elaborate on why your vote is best placed on Xix, i.e. why is he the scummiest player? If you don't think Xix is the scummiest, then change your vote. Continuing to not provide opinions and make proper use of your vote looks bad, and scummy at worst.

I'm personally more of a "I think after post" which is bad. But when I try to think during posts, I kinda go blank.
...now I just feel like I'm making excuses...
If having a vote without good enough reasoning bother you so much,
##Unvote
His reasoning is that Xix is scum because instead of defending himself (something scum would be interested in doing) he continues to HUNT SCUM (something town should be doing.)

Now, this is a case of "Not sure if scum or just wrong", but it doesn't LOOK like someone can make this kind of mistake accidentally...

I'll keep that in mind.

Hm...I feel like I've only been defending all game...

Also, "Mob Mentality". Keep it in mind.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »
Votecount the Seventh - Buy One get One free :V

One (2): Yuan, Just, Navarus, Moonin
Mala (1): One, Orwen, Iffrita
Xix (1): Miya, Just, Moonin, Iffrita, Depore, Mala, One
Orwen (2): Navarus, Book of the Past, Mikhail
Moonin (2): Xix, Mala
Iffrita (2): Miya, Yuan
Depore (1): Moonin

Navarus (0): Depore, Mala
Yuan (0): Orwen
Just (0): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix
Book of the Past (0): Mikhail

Not Voting: Depore, One

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 34 hours and 10 minutes until Night 1.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:30:50 PM by Pesco »

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2011, 01:57:08 PM »
Unvote; Vote: One

His last post is a ball of appeasement and not really explaining why he did anything. Just... "Oh Yeah, Right."

I don't like it.

Furthermore, this "Everyone had an equal chance to be scum, so moving my vote would be BAD!" is just crap anyway.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2011, 02:01:29 PM »

His last post is a ball of appeasement and not really explaining why he did anything. Just... "Oh Yeah, Right."

I don't like it.

Furthermore, this "Everyone had an equal chance to be scum, so moving my vote would be BAD!" is just crap anyway.

Eh? really I thought it sounded nice.
But wouldn't leaving a empty vote around without using it be worse? after all if you keep unvoting and voting, it could be considered opportunistic
O and well...balls of appeasments...hm...

Oh and if not moving vote is so Bad then moving it over 5 times in a single day is great?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2011, 02:07:17 PM »
Eh? really I thought it sounded nice.
But wouldn't leaving a empty vote around without using it be worse? after all if you keep unvoting and voting, it could be considered opportunistic
O and well...balls of appeasments...hm...

Oh and if not moving vote is so Bad then moving it over 5 times in a single day is great?

Only scum cares about appearances. Town hunts and votes for scum.

Further, I believe I have voted 3 times today not "over 5". (First as an RVS for you, then switching to Iffrita, then back to you because you were being terribad)

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2011, 02:10:51 PM »
Oh right, EBWOP:

That last question is really loaded. I don't like how you're asking it. It has to do with the fact that you're taking a black/white stance on voting patterns, when in reality there is no... 100% "this is town, this is scum" way to vote. It's all about the intent behind the votes that are placed, and why they are there.

Just like intent behind questions being asked, and the answers given to them.

The fact that you're trying to box me into absolutes is unnerving for me.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2011, 02:15:37 PM »

Only scum cares about appearances. Town hunts and votes for scum.

Further, I believe I have voted 3 times today not "over 5". (First as an RVS for you, then switching to Iffrita, then back to you because you were being terribad)

If appearances are for scum, then what about lurkers? towniest towns who just watch?

Oh right, EBWOP:

That last question is really loaded. I don't like how you're asking it. It has to do with the fact that you're taking a black/white stance on voting patterns, when in reality there is no... 100% "this is town, this is scum" way to vote. It's all about the intent behind the votes that are placed, and why they are there.

Just like intent behind questions being asked, and the answers given to them.

The fact that you're trying to box me into absolutes is unnerving for me.

So thats the problem huh, black and white, Eiki is nice and all, but even I don't like pure white or black, I personally like gray more.

But personally I'm more of a insecure person, so I think my confidence in new stuff is quite horribad.

Oh and Where the hell is Princess Miya she only has 1 confirmation post, 1 RVS post, 1 post of seriousness. I would like for her to get those post counts in.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »

I don't like it.

What you mean by "I don't like it.? elaborate more please.
Also please explain why not moving my vote is such a bad idea?
You only said you didnt vote 5 times, but you did not answer my question.
And if your vote is because "I don't like it", why choose me over the others that you didnt like?
Tell me why you swapped so quickly from Empress Iffrita to me from just a *ball of appeasement.* with the reason that "I don't like it".

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2011, 02:42:32 PM »
I'm still curious as to why you mentioned me in that post earlier.
So you might want to get around to answering that One.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2011, 02:44:36 PM »
I'm still curious as to why you mentioned me in that post earlier.
So you might want to get around to answering that One.

Ah, well...I was attempted at role playing, but it seem it completely backfired.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »
Ah, I see.
It's really confusing when you don't know the theme.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2011, 02:51:18 PM »
What you mean by "I don't like it.? elaborate more please.
Also please explain why not moving my vote is such a bad idea?
You only said you didnt vote 5 times, but you did not answer my question.
And if your vote is because "I don't like it", why choose me over the others that you didnt like?
Tell me why you swapped so quickly from Empress Iffrita to me from just a *ball of appeasement.* with the reason that "I don't like it".

In order:

1) I explained why I didn't like it in the sentence before. Appeasement on your part makes it scummy.
2) It's not that you didn't move your vote. It's the reason you gave for not moving it.
3)I have explained why I don't like you. And I believe you to be more scummy than the other people I have outlined. Your vote for Xix + your recent posts are the biggest reasons.
4) I still want Empress to answer my questions, and I am no less suspicious of her at this point in time. HOWEVER, you were more suspicious. And I vote the person I feel is most likely to be scum.

Further, that last question is called "deflection" where you try to direct me back onto another target. It's another form of "Why Me?" or "Why not them?" and it's a major scum tell. Thank you for solidifying my read even further.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
Obviously there's gonna be more than 2 scum. 
How exactly would you know that? Could it be that you're part of the scum team and know who everybody is? This seems pretty scummy to me.
##Vote:Yuan

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2011, 03:02:38 PM »
How exactly would you know that? Could it be that you're part of the scum team and know who everybody is? This seems pretty scummy to me.
##Vote:Yuan

Oh cool, you ARE scum!

There are 13 people in this game. You HONESTLY THINK there's only going to be 2 scum?

Further, you seem to be attacking me for a minor point like this... rather than focusing on the majority of my content?

I mean, not only is the point I made there COMMON SENSE, but your attacking it like it is some kind of scum slip reads as if you are scum desperately trying to find something to attack me with.

Also, this could easily be read as a defense for your scum buddy One.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2011, 03:04:35 PM »
Oh...where to start...

One's...I'm not sure what to even say. First, why is changing your vote not a good thing? If your mind has changed, shouldn't your vote change as well? Secondly, why are you so indifferent to someone dying? Don't you want to lynch scum? That apathy just feels so AWFUL. If I misunderstood this, please elucidate. Finally, there is a use for extremely concise reasoning and voting, and now is a good time to use it. I do hope Moonin eventually posts more, but as it stands, I'm happy with him.

Did Depore really just say "Why me?"...who was that even too?

Just: Fair enough about the first, it was just regarding my experience. However, bringing up the possibility was only in the sense that I wanted Mala to clarify if she felt clarification was needed, which I figured she wouldn't. I do not feel I did the same thing as Iffrita, which you appear to be accusing me of. There's a notable lack of pressure voting Mala from me, first of all, and second of all I'm not *demanding* a clarification of the original post. Therefore, yes, you misrepped me.

Hell, while I'm here, just gonna put out there that Just is scum. Been getting a bad feeling from him since his first rather light responses and he hasn't done anything to improve them. After this post I'll see about making a better case than "bad feeling".

@Book: I liked Orwen's post when I read the part where he found putting Xix at L-1 so suspicious. I liked the pressure placed on those on the Xix wagon, given how quickly it spawned. I thought he had an interesting point on Mala, albeit one I didn't agree with.

@Orwen: Now now, quit assuming everything I do is completely unsubstantiated. I just feel no need to explain town reads since at best it gives scum a list of ~*~behavior to emulate~*~ and at worst creates a situation where I have to use a ~*~rigid set of tells~*~ to determine anyone town when it really doesn't work like that.

@Mala: See answer to Orwen. I have reasons to believe Depore is town from his first post.

@Depore: Could you fence sit and report any more? I don't want to know WHAT they did, I want to know why it's scummy. The explanation of actions does not explain the results. Connect the dots for me, please?

@Yuan: Good to see you. Wondering why Orwen is a good lynch. Following you on One though.

...hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I knew that was coming from SOMEONE (the *twitch* at why me)

@One: No, everyone DOESN'T have an equal chance of being scum. There are behavioral tells all over the place. To rely on probability is sheer LAZINESS. Do some analysis. Tell us why someone is more likely scum than someone else. Quit hiding behind math because mafia is not a game of math! ...and now you're UNVOTING XIX?

Look, reread the game, and tell us three people you think are most likely to be scum, and WHY. Vote one of them. Now.

@One: Lurkers don't exist D1. The fact you're thinking of pressuring lurkers D1 is very much doin it rong.

@Depore: 13 player game. 2 scum would allow town 5 mislynches and only require 2 lynches to win. That would be unbalanced. I get the impression you're new at this, which is fine. Just do what I asked earlier and you'll be fine.

AND I'M CAUGHT UP! Creating a case on Just now!

@La- Yuan: No, he's just a new player. Why does being a new player make him scum, Yuan?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
Hello Demon Kitten!

I don't think town has the LUXURY to assume new player =/= scum.

I mean, the last anonymafia should provide tantamount evidence to why this is important~.

Further, I have outlined why I think he is scum. Even if he is new to this game, the scum intent is still there. I mean... look at the vote on Xix?

I'll show you the post that has me worried about Sage.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2011, 03:11:54 PM »
I apologize for the typos. The sentence should read "I'm also really not liking the wagon on Xix, nor I'm I fond of Mala's vote." instead of 
"I'm also really not liking the wagon on Xix, nor I'm I fond of Mala's."

The first post Navarus made in this game defends Depore with:

This is a view that Navarus has maintained throughout the game (although it did not come up much early game), so I found it suspicious that Mala voted Navarus for defending Mala while not bringing up Navarus's unsubstantiated town read on Depore.

Xix is suspicious to me, but the wagon that formed on him was terrible. The first half of it was joke votes, and the second half was 1-liner excuses for vote parking. He's voting his only apparent scum read, Moonin, for lack of content. By itself that isn't bad, but Xix hasn't told us which other players he's suspicious of, and what about their content he finds suspicious. Xix needs to tell us who he's suspicious of in addition to Moonin and why.

Mala, while I understand your reason for voting for Moonin, I don't I understand your reason for unvoting Xix. What do you think of Xix's 73? The way you've told us that you dislike all three of Xix, Just, and Moonin while moving your vote around freely gives you a lot of flexibility while not forcing you to commit to your reads, which I also find suspicious.

This post Demon. There's no real... logical reasoning behind why I don't like it. I just get a bad vibe from it. It's more of an IGMEOY than an FoS really. I should have made that clearer.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2011, 03:12:38 PM »
I think everyone misunderstood my "Why me?" comment.
It was directed at One for randomly pairing up him and myself for no apparent reason.
I had no idea he was trying to roleplay.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2011, 03:12:53 PM »
Well, the first three posts have me noticing the distinct difference between concise reasoning and no reasoning. Just is fulfilling the latter. His fourth post I've already addressed as being misrepalicious. And his final post is more pressure on One.  The case on Just revolves around what's LACKING from his ISO.

The first would be analysis of any player not named One.
The second would be any feelings on the current events on the game at the times of his posts.

It reads like he's pursuing an agenda that's unrelated to the going ons of the actual game.

So, I'm actually finding this a lot worse than One. I'm getting part Derp part Scum vibes from One. I'm getting extremely bad feelings from Just and none of them are explained by Derp.

##Unvote
##Vote Just
##FoS: One

This doesn't take you off the hook, One. I want you to answer everything I asked you in my big post.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »
I think everyone misunderstood my "Why me?" comment.
It was directed at One for randomly pairing up him and myself for no apparent reason.
I had no idea he was trying to roleplay.

Even still, that's a scummy reaction.

"Why are you pairing yourself with ME? Why not XYZ other player?"

I don't want to get into mafia theory, because not everyone agrees with me on this particular tell, but if you push me to go into it, I will.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2011, 03:17:44 PM »
Also I am still a bit new to this game. I'm sorry for that, I probably should've worked that out by now.
##Unvote

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2011, 03:18:37 PM »
@Depore: Thanks for elucidating that.

@Yuan: Show me Depore's scum intent. I'm not seeing it. When you were a new player in MHM, you still showed you understood mafia. Depore hasn't even shown that. But either way, Depore isn't town because he's new, the case on him just falls apart when you realize he's a new player. I'm kind of unnerved by the fact you found his comment about the number of scum scummy. Do you really need to throw everything and the kitchen sink at someone? I guess I'd appreciate a concise showing of Depore's scum intent. Don't try to throw every scrap you can find on him at it. Just post your strongest points, and the posts that support said points.

As for Orwen, his post prior to that had some logical reasoning, I think. Further, I follow his post fairly well, and it feels like a good follow up to his prior post. Fair enough that you have your eye on him.

@Cut by Yuan: Suffice it to say I disagree about the scum intent of Why Me in this case. Do you have any other points on Depore besides that?

@Everyone unvoting: For the love of Christ WHY?
@Depore: Are you going to answer my request in my big post?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »
...actually, no, it's not fair enough. I forgot you said that "he'd be a good lynch". Why is it just IGMEOY now?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2011, 03:22:05 PM »
Yeah I'm getting on the case just need to make it good enough.

Also kitchen sinks do hurt you know.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2011, 03:25:19 PM »
Sadly, I must go away for an hour or two. Don't let Yuan scare you too much while I'm gone~

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
...actually, no, it's not fair enough. I forgot you said that "he'd be a good lynch". Why is it just IGMEOY now?

I have a bad feeling about him. He WOULDN'T be a bad lynch. There are better lynches though. It's day 1. I'm willing to accept anyone I have qualms about as a "good lynch". Just as long as it isn't someone I have a town read on. For example: Anyone wanting to lynch Book of the Past gets slapped.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2011, 03:28:36 PM »
"Sadly, I must go away for an hour or two. Don't let Yuan scare you too much while I'm gone~"
I'll try...