Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 111295 times)

W

• Heat Joker
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 3]
« Reply #870 on: July 19, 2011, 02:58:40 PM »
Although Miya, if you had reason to believe One was scum, why not claim it at the start of the day?

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #871 on: July 19, 2011, 03:01:30 PM »
Votecount of Still Herp Derp Buga Boogoloo

Xix (1): Depore
Mikhail (1): Xix
One (1): Yuan

Moonin (0): Yuan

Not Voting: Mikhail, Miya, One, Caladbolg, Moonin

With 8 alive, you require 5 to lynch.
There are 57 hours until Night 3.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #872 on: July 19, 2011, 03:25:14 PM »
Man, it's been ... how many games since I've come under heavy fire? I guess I should go ahead and post my Thought Stream.

One is notable for being on Just's, Miya's, and Orwen's wagons when they were hot. It's also worth noting that One's vote on Orwen was the hammer, which means my vote was useless.

I don't think everyone on the scumteam would have thrown their support for Miya's lynch so hard, considering the vig, and the fact that the Miya wagon would eventually come under heavy suspicion since it was only a matter of time before Iffritas' lynch. so assuming One is scum, that would limit the list to Yuan, Depore, Xix, and Mikhail. Of the four, I think Xix is the most suspicious. I really don't like the fact that he was away for the entire Miya/Iffritas discussion. I at least made sure I made my opinion on the debate well known, even if I was wrong.

For Depore, Iffritas tries to throw a lot of Dirt onto Depore, and even goes so far as to pull out If Miya is Town, Then Lynch Depore. This makes me think Depore is likely to not be scum with Iffritas.
Additionally, The switch onto Orwen is explained in NeoDepore's first content post of the game. It was Depore's strongest read, so seeing this consistency does make me think Depore is town. I don't see how Iffritas saw that Depore was taking a laidback style, or why her style was any worse than Xix's. I think the push was just an attempt to slide in another town lynch before her own.

I still want to ISO Yuan and Miktail before we go any further. My strongest non-One suspicion is on Xix, but I still don't want to let anything surprise me. I'm stopping now, because I'm kind of hungry, and this post is three hours in the making and still only half-done.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #873 on: July 19, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
Man, it's been ... how many games since I've come under heavy fire? I guess I should go ahead and post my Thought Stream.

One is notable for being on Just's, Miya's, and Orwen's wagons when they were hot. It's also worth noting that One's vote on Orwen was the hammer, which means my vote was useless.

I don't think everyone on the scumteam would have thrown their support for Miya's lynch so hard, considering the vig, and the fact that the Miya wagon would eventually come under heavy suspicion since it was only a matter of time before Iffritas' lynch. so assuming One is scum, that would limit the list to Yuan, Depore, Xix, and Mikhail. Of the four, I think Xix is the most suspicious. I really don't like the fact that he was away for the entire Miya/Iffritas discussion. I at least made sure I made my opinion on the debate well known, even if I was wrong.

For Depore, Iffritas tries to throw a lot of Dirt onto Depore, and even goes so far as to pull out If Miya is Town, Then Lynch Depore. This makes me think Depore is likely to not be scum with Iffritas.
Additionally, The switch onto Orwen is explained in NeoDepore's first content post of the game. It was Depore's strongest read, so seeing this consistency does make me think Depore is town. I don't see how Iffritas saw that Depore was taking a laidback style, or why her style was any worse than Xix's. I think the push was just an attempt to slide in another town lynch before her own.

I still want to ISO Yuan and Miktail before we go any further. My strongest non-One suspicion is on Xix, but I still don't want to let anything surprise me. I'm stopping now, because I'm kind of hungry, and this post is three hours in the making and still only half-done.

Neighborizer. What happened to it?

Further, who's your top 3 scum suspects?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #874 on: July 19, 2011, 04:30:23 PM »
I received a one-way QT last night from someone I assume is Moonin.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #875 on: July 19, 2011, 04:31:50 PM »
"Assume" because the other person is apparently not allowed to reveal their name.

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #876 on: July 19, 2011, 04:48:37 PM »

Neighborizer. What happened to it?

Further, who's your top 3 scum suspects?
1. ^^^
2. One, Xix, and Mikhail, in that order.
I'm putting faith into Miya's role, but if it turns out she doesn't have anything conclusive, I will do an ISO on One.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #877 on: July 19, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »
Bah. I remembered something that makes One-scum less likely. Something to do with identities. I'll need to go find the exact post.

One, who's scum?
Still waiting on this btw.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #878 on: July 19, 2011, 06:24:09 PM »
OK calm down everyone that was a gambit to test One.

And he passed.

I'm not willing to pursue him today over people like Xix and Moonin, I'll iso them to see which is worse.

He made an extremely good decision but he can still be scum because I self watched and he was the only one to visit me.  Yay...
But his claim makes sense now with what he is though I'll try to see if I can detirmine what scum could have done to me last night that had no obvious effect, since I know nothing happened besides me just being targeted by One.  This does not mean he can't be scum, just that role shenanigans say that I don't want him dead today if he's telling the truth.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #879 on: July 19, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »
EBWOP: And he probably didn't do the nightkill unless scum can use actions and kill but meh.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #880 on: July 19, 2011, 06:56:07 PM »
Lets see...(Attempting to skip RVS)
Mala: Moonin > Just > Moonin > FoS Iffrita > Day 2 Iffrita > Moonin > NKed. (Town)
Xix: Mala > Day 2 Mala > Moonin > Orwen > Mikhail.
Mikhail: Orwen > Xix > ???
Yuan: One > Iffrita > One > Day 2 Iffrita > (Drunk) Orwen > Moonin > One.
Miya: Iffrita > One > Just > Day 2 Iffrita > Orwen.
Depore: (Skipping to New) Iffrita > Orwen > Xix.
Moonin: One > Depore > Mala > Day 2 Miya > Orwen.
Iffrita: Mala > Xix > Depore > Mala > Day 2 Depore > Miya > Vigged (Scum)
Orwen: Mala > Just > Day 2 Mala > Xix > Xix > Moonin. Lynched (Town)
Caladbolg: Orwen > Just > Xix > Day 2 Mala > Miya.
One: Xix > Yuan > Just > Day 2 Miya > Orwen.
Navarus: Orwen > One > Dead (Town) > Day 2 Revived > Iffrita > Orwen.

Just vote patterns you don't have to mind this.

Unvote; Vote: One

Let's DO THIS.

Jumping the easy case now Yuan?
##Vote Yuan
@Yuan: You said yourself that you've never seen an alternating Role.
Yet you still believed in Miya, and immediated jumped me, when Miya declared that she has reason to claim me as scum. You seem alittle to willing to do that.
Ever since your case on me in day one, I believe you've been completely following popular opinion, as well as completely relying on others to do your work. You yourself have not fished for information. Why do I find your actions completely different from day 1?
If your basing everything on Day 1 then, I find that you have scum intent due to the fact that you are not making new information.
You call me opportunistic, yet right now your seeming pretty opportunistic when the fact someone has dirt on me popped out and declared it. I'll ask you what I've asked Just, Are you sure you are not scum yourself?
This might seem aggressive, but I seriously find your information to be lacking if your basing your Opinions completely on Day 1.
Your assumption that you had the ONLY protection role makes me baffled.
In a game where EVERYONE has a Power role, you assumed that your the only person in the game that possesses that 1 protection role?
The fact that your immediately denied my claim of having a protective role makes me believe you have scummy intent.
What this LIKELY means, is that there is NO DOCTOR in this setup. I'm the only protective role.
Are you sure you are not saying this to actually stay alive till the end?
Afterall who else besides scum want the so called "ONLY PROTECTIVE ROLE" dead?
TO declare this out means that your NOT afraid of getting nightkilled.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #881 on: July 19, 2011, 09:23:59 PM »
Votecount of Fuxdamnit Can't Post In Yellow With This Forum Skin

Yuan (1):One

Not Voting: Mikhail, Miya, Caladbolg, Moonin

There are 50.5 hours until Night 3.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #882 on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »
Haven't parsed the above case yet.
One, I can't remember if you said this before, but is this your first game of mafia?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #883 on: July 19, 2011, 09:27:47 PM »
EBWOP: Also, what do you think of other players, like say, Xix and Moonin?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #884 on: July 19, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »
Votecount of Dormio Shut Your Dog Up

Yuan (1):One

Not Voting: Mikhail, Miya, Caladbolg, Moonin

There are 46 hours until Night 3.
Changing deadlines like a boss.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #885 on: July 19, 2011, 11:33:29 PM »
One, I can't remember if you said this before, but is this your first game of mafia?
This is a question with a one-word answer. Please respond, because it's actually important to me in determining your alignment.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #886 on: July 19, 2011, 11:40:45 PM »
Haven't parsed the above case yet.

I never really declared yet, but yes this is my 1st game.

EBWOP: Also, what do you think of other players, like say, Xix and Moonin?
Our posts can be linked in where that we have not voted Empress Iffrita.
Moonin has truthfully claimed his role (this is assuming the Anon QT was from Moonin to Caladbolg) This makes me lean him towards town.
Xix, is a flight risk, since we do not know what happens when night 3 passes. We have to decide if we are willing to gamble letting Xix live till 3rd or not.
I personally think Not, after all "Unsealed Evil". Could be anything from being scum to ending the game right off the bat. Theres also the fact that he can be using this to Extend his Time. But this might be a bit to paranoid. This makes me lean towards 3rd party, after all his role seems completely for self preserving. That is...assuming he did not lie about it. If not 3rd, then its well...I don't know.

Man, From what I learned this mafia game,
I really don't focus on people that don't attack me V.V; .

This is a question with a one-word answer. Please respond, because it's actually important to me in determining your alignment.

Ah sorry, was trying to add onto that with an answer to your 2nd

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #887 on: July 19, 2011, 11:46:30 PM »
Oh, okay. I think One is town then. No, seriously. Not because he's new, but because of the conclusions that follow. I'll explain soon.

@One: Okay, so you think Yuan is scum. Do you think anyone could be scum with/in place of her?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #888 on: July 20, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »
Depore, would you consider lynching non-Xix? Who?

Yuan, would you consider claiming your N1 target?

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #889 on: July 20, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »
Oh, okay. I think One is town then. No, seriously. Not because he's new, but because of the conclusions that follow. I'll explain soon.

@One: Okay, so you think Yuan is scum. Do you think anyone could be scum with/in place of her?
I do want to ask where Moonin's other half of his post is, but I suppose he must be mentally tired so I can drop that.
I agree with Moonin on the fact that Xix, disappearing for the whole Iffrita/Miya case is really suspicious.
There is also the fact that Xix's claim can be considered a post to extend his life, and not put as much suspicion on him.
So I believe that, at the moment Xix has a likely chance of being a scum.
Since his apparent role, "roleblocks" people that target him, with exceptions (Most likely 3rd Party Just) there is an unlikely chance he would be found as scum, outside of a lynch. Which makes him suspicious in my eyes. That is, if we believe his role claim.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #890 on: July 20, 2011, 12:37:18 AM »
Home now. I've been able to psuedo-follow the game while out all day but never with enough time to think about the game, much less post. Sorry for the small posting window for me.

Ex-Book: Mikhail, by process of elimination (which I'll go over in a moment). I'd also be willing to entertain Yuan and Moonin but it would take a lot for me to do so, based on my general recollection of their presence and play (I haven't had time to look in-depth at any of them today). I should preface the rest of this post by saying that I think entertaining the idea of double-action scum is a terribad idea. I've only recall ever seeing it once on this site, and there's a very good reason for that related to how absurdly powerful it is for scum.

Now then. Assuming double-action scum is impossible, it's noteworthy that finding a scumpair amongst the "obvious suspects", Xix, One and Moonin, is practically impossible. One has claimed to be roleblocked, and the other two have claimed night actions that went through. All three of these claims have been substantiated by outside sources (Xix by Yuan, One by Miya, Moonin by you). If there's a scumpair amongst those three, where'd the kill come from? The only reasonable explanation would be a third party kill with Xix getting stopped from going on the NK, but I don't like going "but maybe third party!" if I don't have to, and you're asking me about who non-Xix votes I'd cast anyway, so. I'm not interested in pursuing you or Miya, and if One is scum I can't imagine what he would have been doing to Miya last night. This leaves Mikhail, not having reread his Day 1 yet (which I think I will need to do given his Day 3 hasn't been all that impressive thus far).

Speaking of One, I'll have to go over Yuan's Day 1 to find anything in his Yuan case I'd support. There's a lot of stuff in there that I raise an eyebrow at, and the entire case seems to disregard Yuan's counteractions to Iffrita, but again, letting people defend themselves.

Goddamnit why am I going back to reading Day 1 AGAIN ;_;

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #891 on: July 20, 2011, 12:46:52 AM »
@Depore: No, that's fine. I just wanted to clear something up. I don't think Moonin or One are scum even with the absence of role shenanigans, which means that either you, Mikhail, or Yuan is the remaining partner.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #892 on: July 20, 2011, 01:08:22 AM »
Now then. Assuming double-action scum is impossible, it's noteworthy that finding a scumpair amongst the "obvious suspects", Xix, One and Moonin, is practically impossible. One has claimed to be roleblocked, and the other two have claimed night actions that went through. All three of these claims have been substantiated by outside sources (Xix by Yuan, One by Miya, Moonin by you). If there's a scumpair amongst those three, where'd the kill come from? The only reasonable explanation would be a third party kill with Xix getting stopped from going on the NK, but I don't like going "but maybe third party!" if I don't have to, and you're asking me about who non-Xix votes I'd cast anyway, so. I'm not interested in pursuing you or Miya, and if One is scum I can't imagine what he would have been doing to Miya last night. This leaves Mikhail, not having reread his Day 1 yet (which I think I will need to do given his Day 3 hasn't been all that impressive thus far).
Depore I never claimed roleblock.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #893 on: July 20, 2011, 01:14:28 AM »
Sorry, I meant Xix, not you.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #894 on: July 20, 2011, 01:23:55 AM »
Alright, since two of my 3 highest town reads have asked for a full claim, here it is.

I am Xix, the main character and I have an Unsealed Evil in me. I am also missing my heart. My ability is that I Roleblock anyone who targets me. The catch is that there are certain people who can bypass my roleblock. In addition, the mod really loves his wine because he mentioned that something might happen to me if I survive three nights without having my heart returned to me.

I cc'd the Jailer.

What do YOU think it was?

(Hint: It's the Jailer. I jailed you last night. The jail power protects you from kills, but also blocks your actions)
Yuan's post is about roleblocking Xix, yet...someone explain to me how you roleblock a person who roleblocks people who target him?
...Like seriously...whos roleblock goes 1st?
This is seriously confusing.
If we are to believe Xix's claim, then shouldn't his role counter roleblock Yuan's?
How does Xix get roleblocked in the 1st place, if his role ability is to beable to roleblock people who target him?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #895 on: July 20, 2011, 01:28:28 AM »
The catch is that there are certain people who can bypass my roleblock.

PEOPLE. I DON'T KNOW WHO CAN BYPASS IT, BUT APPARENTLY YUAN CAN.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #896 on: July 20, 2011, 01:39:39 AM »
PEOPLE. I DON'T KNOW WHO CAN BYPASS IT, BUT APPARENTLY YUAN CAN.

On this note then, I have to ask, Does Your Role Power Apply during the Day?

OOO

• Taka! Kujaku! Condor!
  • TaJaDor
« Reply #897 on: July 20, 2011, 01:58:54 AM »
Tucking in a Read on Mikhail before bed, so that I wouldn't otherwise have to notify the mods that I'm sleepy.

His logic is internally consistent. That's all there really is to say on the matter. My Read of Mikhail is, at this point, entirely dependent on whether Xix flips Scum or town. Xix has shot ahead in terms of most scummy with Miya's Recent Revelations, so I'm leaning Town for Mikhail.

so far, this makes it Xix < Yuan = One < Mikhail < Depore.
Bleh, I feel like I wasted the entire day.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #898 on: July 20, 2011, 02:11:48 AM »
Wait a minute. Xix, you claimed to receive a message from the mods that you were roleblocked? Despite your ability being passive? And with a message that doesn't seem to match up with what Moonin/Depore claimed (need confirmation on this)?

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #899 on: July 20, 2011, 02:35:16 AM »
Unvote; Vote: Moonin

Kay, so One is town then. Thanks Miya.

One, it's not an opportunistic vote when the CLAIMED and PROVEN Watcher/Tracker says that they have a guilty result on you. That's called trusting power role results.

RE: My N1 action

I jailed Mala night one. If you remember from my original post, she was one of my suspects, but not many people suspected her? I thought if she was scum, she'd be a likely candidate for sending the kill.