Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 245216 times)

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #960 on: July 04, 2013, 02:02:35 AM »
Okay, FINALLY got it to work.

http://i.imgur.com/GPjl1LY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/inpDrzs.png

Here's the archive file. Just drop it into the thLabyrinth folder and overwrite the existing one. There's no patching needed, since this is a publicly available demo.
http://www.mediafire.com/?hw18py52yca9jfm

Again, this is just modifying images. Most of the menus are still text and remain unmodified.

This is using the images from:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pdpf2h6gd62f1d9/THE_FRUITS_v0.4.5.rar
Good shit.
Now do it with http://www.mediafire.com/download/k5d6qycgxv1tqfm/THE_FRUITS_v0.6.rar
I'll start working again very shortly. Don't wanna get rusty.

« Reply #961 on: July 04, 2013, 02:23:40 AM »
Done.

http://www.mediafire.com/?gaii0fy2a3jk0dc

You really need to work on your cleaning, though. You should learn to use the clone stamp, at least. It'll probably be enough to handle most of the gradients. They seem to mostly only go in one direction, and clone stamp is really good for those. As I've said, these are fine for the demo, but not for the final version.

And are you seriously using comic sans for this?

On the subject of the final version, it appears to be confirmed for C84 (mid august).
http://shop.melonbooks.co.jp/shop/sp_213001013702_niseeikoku_meikyu2.php
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 02:31:18 AM by qazmlpok »

The Krve

« Reply #962 on: July 04, 2013, 03:12:01 AM »
And are you seriously using comic sans for this?
Kind sir, I'm a one with a simple mind.
If you want to use another font, just say it.
I just use Comic Sans because it's efficient and looks better than Arial.

Say, does the game accept images that have different resolution from the original?
I can do something with it if it does.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:49:12 AM by The Krve »

« Reply #963 on: July 04, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »
No. I have no idea what will happen if you try using larger images, but I'm sure it won't work out well. Leave them at the original size.

I don't have font recommendations. One of the reasons I don't do image editing myself is because I have very little sense of what looks good. Comic sans, however, is a terrible choice for just about any situation.

I believe the key to finding a good font is to experiment. Play around and look for something that looks good, or even something that resembles the styling of the original text.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #964 on: July 04, 2013, 03:51:14 PM »
Oh wow, this looks awesome, even with Comic Sans(at least for me). I can't do anything to help, and I'm sorry for that. The least I can do is happily accept this awesome work. Thank you :D

Also, about the final version, you mean the full version is going to be released mid-august with Touhou 14? I wonder if there are going to be any expansions like LoT1 :)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #965 on: July 04, 2013, 04:06:53 PM »
Full release in just a month!?!? Oh godohgodohgodohgod.

I just hope the translation efforts dont hit a brick wall like with fushigi.

The Krve

« Reply #966 on: July 05, 2013, 12:37:16 AM »
Since your tool works now, would you mind if I could use it?
I can experiment, adjust little things and test it without bothering you if I have it.
If you agree, PM me.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 12:54:05 AM by The Krve »

The Krve

« Reply #967 on: July 05, 2013, 07:28:14 AM »
Do we have anyway to put text translation into the game right now ?
Since we have the extractor now, that is our only problem.

« Reply #968 on: July 05, 2013, 12:00:06 PM »
Yes. However, unlike images, the text insertion will not carry over easily to the full version, so I'm not doing anything for this trial. Especially since it seems to be coming out in a little over a month.

On that note, every single patch will probably break it as well, so starting translations as soon as the game comes out isn't a great idea either.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #969 on: July 05, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
Yeah, that would probably be a bad idea and a waste of time. By the way, I made a video of me playing that trial with the translated stuff. Mind me uploading it to YT?

(By the way, for some reason the attacks don't have any Sound Effects in this trial(ver 0.121)... I dunno if it's supposed to be that way)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #970 on: July 05, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »
If you upload it im sure youll get heaps of people begging for early/partial releases.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #971 on: July 05, 2013, 04:03:53 PM »
I don't really mind with that. I'll basically try to do what I can in the description, and of course, I'll include a link to this topic. But because there will be impatient people out there, this is why I am asking qazmlpok and The Krve if I can upload it...

« Reply #972 on: July 05, 2013, 04:24:50 PM »
If you mean just the img1.dxa file I posted, then go ahead. It was posted publicly.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #973 on: July 05, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »
So yeah, I have started uploading the video. I included a disclaimer in the description.

"DISCLAIMER: I did not make this Touhou RPG fangame, nor did I do the translations. Credit goes to ZUN(Team Shanghai Alice) for making the official Touhou series, to 偽英国紳士団 for the production and to 十誤一会 for "charagraphic" which probably means, character graphics, which probably means character design. For the translation, credit goes to qazmlpok(also known as Bane, as seen from the Maidens of Kaleidoscope forums), who extracted and inserted the images, and The Krve(Also known as Kev, as seen from the Maidens of Kaleidoscope forums), who edited the images, adding English text to them."

If there is anything I should correct, please tell me. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Here is the link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqkY2xIwDQ
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:42:21 AM by Xarizzar95 »

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #974 on: July 06, 2013, 11:43:41 AM »
Well, apart from flying to an interview and getting sick for a few days, I've made good progress on Laby.

To give a quick rundown of events:

1. Maribel wasn't too bad.
2. Grinding for items for the star was annoying as hell.
3. I hit the typical walls for postgame: one at 24f when I had to beat all the sigil guardians, one at 25f when I had to beat Shikieiki, one at Kedamagrammatamallamamama, and I just hit the mother of all walls: 30f.
4. Baal avatar wasn't as bad as I thought, considering my lack of Defense-oriented characters.  I realized that, apart from Tenshi, my highest Def character was Utsuho.  That was pretty disheartening.
5. The Game Database says Agastobrauma uses Djinn Storm on his first turn; he doesn't.
6. Random Djinn Storm usage is a pox on this game.  Scripted use that you can prepare for is fine, but when Kedamagrammatamallamamamaobama djinn storms you twice in a row at the beginning of a fight, you might as well just his Esc and try again.
7. Shikieiki was when I really started pumping affinities with skill points.  She has a wide variety of various super damaging multi target elemental attacks.
8. I put off Yuka until I completely outclassed her.
9. I STILL haven't beaten Utsuho.

So now I'm grinding on 27f, since Flandre can one-shot every possible enemy party with Lavaetein.  I get about 5,000,000 exp per trip, which nets me between 3 and 4 levels per character.  Only non-30f things left are all four 21f bloodstained seal bosses and Utsuho.  I can't touch either of them currently.  In my old save, beat Utsuho, and I believe I beat all 4 bloodstained seal bosses, but I still couldn't reliably take down 30f encounters.  I guess we'll see if I can beat WINNER before TL2 comes out.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #975 on: July 06, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »
I guess we'll see if I can beat WINNER before TL2 comes out.
Good luck, my brother, you're going to need it ._. I was level 550-640 and I beat him. There is a way you can make this battle kind of easy, however the battle will be long and you might slightly need to rely on luck.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #976 on: July 06, 2013, 08:54:59 PM »
Yay. Beaten all Bloodstained Seal Bosses 2.0 Reimu is at 403. That weird helicopter thing was a lot of fun. All that's left are floor 30 bosses. Was able to beat most of enemies there except Mokou (for some reason can't kill her fast enough after she uses Ressurection).
Upd. Reimu is at 426.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:42:54 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #977 on: July 07, 2013, 02:19:12 AM »
Hurr? Rinnosuke is one of the easiest... Not suwako easy but pretty up there.

Just hit for like 2m and game over iirc.

Htf you beat chen!? She was the hardest iirc.

CF7

« Reply #978 on: July 07, 2013, 07:10:14 AM »
Flight of Idaten hits leftmost character most of the time until she starts using Kimontoku or w/e that selfbuff is called. After Tenshi uses State of Enlightment Flight of Idaten hits her for 0. Main problem was that Tenshi needs to survive the beginning of the fight since she's quite slow. Had to throw some healing on her before she got a turn. Then just switched in some heavy hitter like Nitori with Kaguya bowling her and Yukari spiriting everyone afterwards. Tenshi swaps Yukari with someone else and it's usually enough if i get lucky and Chen's not oneshotting someone with Flight of Idaten.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:15:31 AM by CF7 »

« Reply #979 on: July 07, 2013, 09:12:42 AM »

Beating Chen is highly dependant on your defense. If you have 2 characters with defense level ups, then you can probably just take her buffed hits all day.
But yeah, Rinnosuke should be the easiest. You hit so hard by then that you start skipping his forms.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #980 on: July 07, 2013, 07:17:09 PM »
Eh, i always always always have lots of defense... Though no tenshi. But yeah my china is always full defense, and iirc chen still smokes her faster than reimu can say haku-china dies-barrier.

That and i recall her row attack being uses about as often as flight.

« Reply #981 on: July 07, 2013, 09:01:50 PM »
Which is kind of why you need 2 people with full defense builds. One isn't enough, because slot 2 is still a fairly common slot to get hit in and her row attack still hurts quite a bit in slot 2. Row attack also isn't too bad if your characters are in slot 3 and 4, the damage gets halved or something every character the row attack passes by.

It doesn't necessarily have to have Meiling and Tenshi. It could be Yuugi, Remilia, or anyone with pretty good defense growths. But you do need level ups in defense, because if Chen gets to the threshold where she can hurt you without buffing, you die, it is as simple as that. That is because once buffed, you won't be able to handle the damage.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #982 on: July 08, 2013, 03:48:25 PM »
Umm, you realize you're telling this to the one person everyone thinks uses TOO much defense and over alues remi in slot 2 right? =p.

CF7

« Reply #983 on: July 08, 2013, 05:27:19 PM »
Gridning on floor 30. Reimu is at 448. Beaten all random enemies. So far got 5 Miogaruna's Scales, 1 Rhododendron Dress and 1 Egg. Tried Hibachi Twins, got wiped. Bugged Rinnosuke is bugged. It seems that he only has 10 mil hp. Or rather 5 mil for his non elemental form and 5 more mil for his 1 elemental form. After that he just uses form destruction non stop, and dies to single hit to any remaining forms.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 05:38:02 PM by CF7 »

« Reply #984 on: July 09, 2013, 05:32:56 AM »
Umm, you realize you're telling this to the one person everyone thinks uses TOO much defense and over alues remi in slot 2 right? =p.

Well, a lot of people use Mind builds and Defense builds aren't all that important until Plus Disk, so I mentioned this.

Bugged Rinnosuke is bugged. It seems that he only has 10 mil hp. Or rather 5 mil for his non elemental form and 5 more mil for his 1 elemental form. After that he just uses form destruction non stop, and dies to single hit to any remaining forms.

I don't think its because he is bugged. It is mainly because you are doing too much damage and the damage is carrying over or something. This is also why Rinnosuke is probably the easiest level 30 boss. If you can't beat him, then well, good luck with the others.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #985 on: July 09, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »
All four bloodstained seal v2's down.

So now I'm in a sort of optimization pickle.  I have three different choices for grinding.

27f: Amazing skill points and bad exp
29f: Bad skill points and good exp
30f: Good exp, good skill points, good drops, but slow as hell

Almost all of my 30f battles revolve around Shikieiki being Buddha'd by Kaguya over and over again, doing redonk damage very quickly.  A lot of the easier battles are now easy to the point of repeated grindability: Suwako, Rumia, Nitori, Solo Reisen, Yuka (why is Yuka so easy!?) etc.  The only battle I've never beaten is Utsuho, surprise surprise.

Rinnosuke is totally buggy, though.  There's no question about that.

Why is Utsuho (the teammate, not the boss) so bad?  Self-debuffing, poor equations, and poor post-delays just add up to...underwhelming.  Maybe I'm just spoiled by Kaguya being like the best mage ever.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #986 on: July 10, 2013, 04:07:30 PM »
It's not just you, Utsuho really is underwhelming. I feel like they heavily nerfed the damage formula for Giga Flare because people thought multi-target MND-ignoring nuke was going to be too strong, but then we had that with Kaguya by accident anyway.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #987 on: July 11, 2013, 03:19:42 PM »
Utsuho is terrible because she has no strong attack. Every time I've seen someone argue otherwise they're only talking about random battles, which... is not something you bring in a character for. :T
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

The Krve

« Reply #988 on: July 12, 2013, 01:53:50 AM »
What should I do now guys ?
I'm out of ideals. Polish up the images maybe ?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #989 on: July 12, 2013, 05:56:57 AM »
When in doubt, grind more :D