Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 245216 times)

Hawk

• Babababa~
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #900 on: June 22, 2013, 04:03:14 AM »
The main file should now have every dialogue events in the demo transcribed, I've put on some of them the conditions that unlocks the event (if I was able to find it)
Spoiler:
(still not sure about how to get Minoriko, I think it's tied up with the bush on 3F before Komachi and the FOE, but I can't be sure. I do know that having Minoriko removes it, so yea...)

So, I've been doing a playthrough to try and figure out more specifics on unlock conditions.

Spoiler:
Youmu: You must have seen the Cirno event tile in the east of 1F before the event tile will become a boss tile.
Minoriko: I tested her event after every other event, and she finally unlocked after I beat the Alice Doll.  I don't know if that's the full requirement or if it's just the final part.  I have a sneaking suspicion you also need to find the Kuzu 1 and Kuzu 2 events.
Also, I'm fairly certain that the bush leading up to Komachi is removed from the Yukari/Yuyuko event boss fight.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #901 on: June 22, 2013, 07:20:06 AM »
System folder done.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1r34sth6uipn1p/THE_FRUITS_v0.4.rar
Cleaning Choice_No is like cleaning Satan's kitchen.

« Reply #902 on: June 22, 2013, 12:34:40 PM »
Is it because of my images or is this just a faulty program on your part ?
I'm not trying to offend you, but if my images isn't working in game for some reason, then I may have derped, HARD.
I may have to start all over again just to find a solution,

No. Entirely my fault. I'm using the original images to test with, not yours.

The Krve

« Reply #903 on: June 22, 2013, 12:53:16 PM »
No. Entirely my fault. I'm using the original images to test with, not yours.
Good.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pdpf2h6gd62f1d9/THE_FRUITS_v0.4.5.rar
NOW WITH BETTER POSITIONING ON RESULT08,09,10,11  :flowerpower:
Jokes aside though, when I said I'm not touching the Town folder, I lied.
Hope you guys like stylized subtitles, because that's what I'm going to use in most of it.
Example:
Don't worry about it much. I'll make sure it matches the style of the original as much as possible ( not just white words with black shadows :colonveeplusalpha: ).
Again, if anyone is offended by something, just speak up.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 12:58:15 PM by The Krve »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #904 on: June 22, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »
Hmm. So I guess these are actually for possible patches to be released for the demo? Interesting.

By the way, is there any way to play this game on Fullscreen? I have tried Alt + Enter, but it is not working.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 04:16:30 PM by Sephiroth991995 »

« Reply #905 on: June 22, 2013, 05:03:06 PM »
I have a problem with New Game+, guys. Some of my girls started with a bunch of exp instead of 0. For example, Minoriko starts with 3586 exp instead of 0 even though I had yet to enter the dungeon.

I did read THIS POST but the solution did not work on mine. I could not find any other solutions on the internet other than using the cheat engine (which I do not know how to use) and set the extra exp values to 0 .

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

« Reply #906 on: June 22, 2013, 05:12:51 PM »
Hmm. So I guess these are actually for possible patches to be released for the demo? Interesting.

I'm only working on a patch for the images. Other people are working on text translations, but I have no intention of doing that myself. I can explain how to do it to anyone interested, but I'm not doing it myself. All of the work will need to be redone whenever a new version is released.

As for the town images, those subtitles honestly don't seem useful, at all. I feel that they'd be too hard to read in-game. I recommend just seeing if you can find someone to clean those images for you. The demo images should be applicable for the final version, but those subtitles definitely aren't good enough for that.

EDIT: Okay, I can't get this crap to work. If anyone wants to volunteer their expertise of the DXLib directory structure, feel free. The C++ source code is available on their site. I have other stuff I need to do, so I'm not going to touch this again for a while without assistance.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:07:25 PM by qazmlpok »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #907 on: June 22, 2013, 06:04:03 PM »
I'm actually fine with the images you translated. As for the text, well I can try hex editing it, but that would need a table. The only way for me to create a table is by testing. And when I ask people how they do all these translations and stuff, all I get is that they're using their own programs/programs they created and I don't really know how they made them. Although I'm just starting to get into "hot stuff" like these.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #908 on: June 22, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
EDIT: Okay, I can't get this crap to work. If anyone wants to volunteer their expertise of the DXLib directory structure, feel free. The C++ source code is available on their site. I have other stuff I need to do, so I'm not going to touch this again for a while without assistance.

Can you link the source you have so far?

« Reply #909 on: June 22, 2013, 08:41:58 PM »
Can you link the source you have so far?

This is one of those things I prefer to keep private, honestly. If you're familiar enough with Python to take a look at it, PM me and I'll send you a copy.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #910 on: June 22, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »
That's what I meant when programmers are keeping it to themselves. I do not mean to offend, but out of curiosity, could you please tell me why? Sorry if I offended.

The Krve

« Reply #911 on: June 23, 2013, 12:51:49 AM »
As for the town images, those subtitles honestly don't seem useful, at all. I feel that they'd be too hard to read in-game. I recommend just seeing if you can find someone to clean those images for you. The demo images should be applicable for the final version, but those subtitles definitely aren't good enough for that.
I've just realized I had used the worst image to represent my ideal  :V.
What I meant is this :
Good enough for you ?

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #912 on: June 23, 2013, 12:55:30 AM »
Sure, why not? :P I'm fine with it. In fact it's cool how both Japanese and English are there. Now if only I could run the game in Fullscreen Mode...

EDIT: I just noticed that post wasn't meant for me.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:03:39 AM by Xarizzar95 »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #913 on: June 23, 2013, 01:53:35 AM »
That's what I meant when programmers are keeping it to themselves. I do not mean to offend, but out of curiosity, could you please tell me why? Sorry if I offended.

I can't say myself but one possibility is that they don't want to release any translation patch progress publicly before game release because sometimes the dev intentionally breaks the process of the patch in between translation patch and fullgame release. As long as things are kept private...

The Krve

« Reply #914 on: June 23, 2013, 03:35:20 AM »
All Akyuu_Other, LocationName, and Base_LNB done.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h0t9dbbnw8fjh69/
Now proceeding to work on the rest and turn all of my Arials into Comic Sans  :derp:.
Sure, why not? :P I'm fine with it. In fact it's cool how both Japanese and English are there. Now if only I could run the game in Fullscreen Mode...

EDIT: I just noticed that post wasn't meant for me.
Chill, I ask everyone's opinion on this.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #915 on: June 23, 2013, 07:34:52 AM »

Well, in the professional world, your source is your lifeblood--it's one of the most important artifacts and it could be devastating if it got leaked.  It's like...most artists don't link to their PSDs, even if they distribute the rasterized file freely.

In this particular instance, I don't quite understand, but that's okay. :)

In other news, I beat Triomagen, and...that's about it.  I'm trying to decide whether it's better to grind on 15F or 16F, since while 16F gives me about twice the rewards, the battles are far longer and more dangerous.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #916 on: June 23, 2013, 09:03:26 AM »
In other news, I beat Triomagen, and...that's about it.  I'm trying to decide whether it's better to grind on 15F or 16F, since while 16F gives me about twice the rewards, the battles are far longer and more dangerous.
If you have recruited Orin then grind on 16. Most of the enemies are weak to fire and her Blazing Wheel will pretty much murder anything there. And she's quite fast too.

Also i need some help with Yuuka fight. Her HP is stated to be 16 mil on the wiki and 15 mil in the database. Also in db it says that hp is actually 115 mil, but it's set to 2,5 mil once she reaches 102,5 mil hp. I'm pretty sure i did ~20 mil damage to her, but she didn't die. Either she somehow heals and it's not shown or there's some sort of bug there. Or she actually sets her HP to 2,5 mil only when she uses focus? Because when i fought her she never used focus and, well, everyone died in the end...
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #917 on: June 23, 2013, 11:42:01 AM »
Well, in the professional world, your source is your lifeblood--it's one of the most important artifacts and it could be devastating if it got leaked.  It's like...most artists don't link to their PSDs, even if they distribute the rasterized file freely.
Oh. Well now I kind of understand. Although I'm gonna learn myself how to do these things. It's painful wanting a patch and not being able to help it's developing.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #918 on: June 23, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »
If you have recruited Orin then grind on 16. Most of the enemies are weak to fire and her Blazing Wheel will pretty much murder anything there. And she's quite fast too.

Ah, I'm doing a random party run, and the party I rolled was:

Marisa
Alice
Rumia
Aya
Tenshi
Flandre
Yuyuko
Kaguya
Maribel
Utsuho
Mystia
Shikieiki

So no Orin.

Also i need some help with Yuuka fight. Her HP is stated to be 16 mil on the wiki and 15 mil in the database. Also in db it says that hp is actually 115 mil, but it's set to 2,5 mil once she reaches 102,5 mil hp. I'm pretty sure i did ~20 mil damage to her, but she didn't die. Either she somehow heals and it's not shown or there's some sort of bug there. Or she actually sets her HP to 2,5 mil only when she uses focus? Because when i fought her she never used focus and, well, everyone died in the end...

Gensokyo's Reflowering heals Yuuka for 15 million health.

The Krve

« Reply #919 on: June 23, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »
Aaah .... Seems like there is some kind of subclass system in LOT2.
I discovered it when editing Lib_ST10. From what I can tell, by using the 'Stone of Awakening', you can change a character's subclass.
Whatever it is, even if it's not implemented yet, sounds pretty cool.
I'll leave it alone until it is implemented then.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #920 on: June 23, 2013, 03:22:29 PM »
I trust the database over the wiki.  From my experiences with the game events don't trigger until the boss has a turn, so my assumption is if Yuuka's HP is below 102,500,000 then on her next turn it becomes 2,500,000...and odds are that turn is going to be a Master Spark.  Implementing it that way pretty much forces you take one, though if you count her HP and rush her from 5,000,000 down below 2,500,000 you can probably kill her after a focus but before the Spark itself.

« Reply #921 on: June 23, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »
All Akyuu_Other, LocationName, and Base_LNB done.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h0t9dbbnw8fjh69/
Now proceeding to work on the rest and turn all of my Arials into Comic Sans  :derp:.Chill, I ask everyone's opinion on this.

Mm, given that a fair amount of the in-game text that's not Japanese already (numbers, some of the big headings) use Tahoma, why not use it in most places for consistency?  (When something fancier isn't appropriate, in other words)

The Krve

« Reply #922 on: June 24, 2013, 03:36:50 AM »
Mm, given that a fair amount of the in-game text that's not Japanese already (numbers, some of the big headings) use Tahoma, why not use it in most places for consistency?  (When something fancier isn't appropriate, in other words)
Will do. There are some places where Comic Sans looks too fat to look good.  :getdown:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k5d6qycgxv1tqfm/
  • All required images in System folder done
  • Redone Base_LNB. You can actually see the subs now.
   - Lib_ST6 and Vil_Other8 is left behind because they are not implemented yet.
   - BTW, qazmlpok, the images you gave me, it's missing something : the species indicator at Keine's School - the one that you see when you access the bestiary. Don't get me wrong, but I don't think Scl_KindName is related to it ( Scl_KindName is vertical, while the one I'm talking about is horizontal ) .

Edit: I'm outta gas. The images are ready to be deployed anyway so I'm taking a break  :V :V :V :V :V
If you can confirm that the species indicator are indeed missing from the original raws you provided, send those images to me so I can work.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:58:19 AM by The Krve »

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #923 on: June 24, 2013, 05:44:44 AM »
Quick update. I've added a new doc with all the items I was able to find, whether they are from random battles or the shop, names are translated, but not their description (other than the stats increased on main+sub equipment, cause that wasn't too hard to find >.>) Also, small summary on the special items that can be used in the Hakurei Shrine. For the person who was asking earlier, I'm not sure on all the ways you can get keys but they are rewards from some achievements (No. 2 and 56 gives one)

Also, added a new event to the transcribe doc.
Spoiler:
Second event with Suika, doesn't do much, she just takes your item and run off to another floor, but hey, that's one more found. You can get that event by buying the item that cost 6000 SP in Nitori's Shop under Buying -> Main Equipment, I wasn't able to translate the name but it looked like Sake Sake Sake (and more sake), so I kinda made the connection there)

I will do another doc with all the achievements I can get my hands on and then I'll proceed to translate stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tgctr056mdzgisz

If you have any items I'm missing, or like always, any better translation for name, post it here.

And to finish, goddamn, when I first played it, I skipped through everything, now that I actually have to transcribe stuff, I realized how much text there actually is in the game, getting me dizzy >.<
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #924 on: June 24, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »
Sorry if I'm missing something, but is there actually a way to put these stuff into the game? Shouldn't we extract them first?

« Reply #925 on: June 24, 2013, 06:22:16 PM »
I can provide a text dump of the exe if you want it. Probably easier than transcribing stuff, but it will include a ton of irrelevant crap and it's usually pretty out of order, even if you sort it.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #926 on: June 24, 2013, 06:27:19 PM »
Yukari ended up being easier than expected, due to Maribel's and Shiki's debuffing power.  I also got lucky in that she didn't cast Prayer of Purification once.  Average level was around 74.

Just beat Rinnosuke, around level 93.  It was probably the least skillful way to beat him.

Step 1: Throw out a bunch of nukers with some sacrifices (Utsuho/Maribel/Yuyuko) out in front.  Kill his first form without him bullshitting you.  This requires prayer and luck.
Step 2: Keep Tenshi in the front with the other three spots EMPTY (or filled with sacrifices).
Step 3: Tank everything for the rest of the battle, only swapping people in when they can get in a shot without Rinnosuke killing them.
Step 4: When there's only one form left, swap Marisa in and out to Concentrate a bunch.
Step 5: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKILLITKILLITKILLIT

Fire form is the most deadly, as it could still reliably damage Tenshi.
Mystic form is next up, because a poorly timed Magic Drain could be the end of the run.
Wind and Nature can sometimes do damage to Tenshi, but it's rare enough that it's not a big deal.
Spirit and Cold are lulz.

Before this run, I considered Rinnosuke the hardest boss, at least in the main game.  My opinion as of yet has not changed.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #927 on: June 24, 2013, 07:22:46 PM »
General consensus was fire form being the easiest since it's just damage with no side effects.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #928 on: June 24, 2013, 07:45:31 PM »
Yea, that's the thing, I'm using ITH to help myself, but most of the time, you just get jumbled stuff out of it, at least you get most of the kanjis, but the more text there is, the more messed up it gets. And anyway, I would transcribe it just for myself to help me translate so it's not like I'm wasting it.

I can see with the text dump if it can be of any help
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #929 on: June 24, 2013, 07:47:49 PM »
General consensus was fire form being the easiest since it's just damage with no side effects.

Sorry, I meant for my silly strategy, not in general.  My Tenshi was immune to all status ailments, so damage and mana burn were the only worries.

In other news, Genocider and Cosmic down.  Genocider's such a joke.  Cosmic has low enough HP that you can just burst it down without really caring about strategy, although I did try and fail several times to Sword of Rapture Strength Jutsu.