Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 245214 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #270 on: February 06, 2013, 03:11:29 PM »
I dunno, it might just be graphic showoff with a test party. I wouldn't trust these spellcards belong to anyone actually on the team there. Upper Right looks -very- much like it's Karakasa Surprising Slash (...flash? iunno) when you consider there's more lasers in the other direction in the backround. Bottom left is full of cherry blossoms so it's likely a Yuyuko skill. Upper left could maybe be Slash of Eternity but apart from the first two skills I mentioned the rest could be anything.

I hadn't thought of that. And checking the previous spellcard screenshot, which is blatantly a Marisa spell, it still says "Reimu" at the top-left.

Cherry blossoms aren't restricted to Yuyuko though; Youmu used them in the first game with her last skill. Actually, did Yuyuko use them at all? I remember butterflies but not cherry blossoms.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #271 on: February 06, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
Youmu did use them, but this animation doesn't really look like it'd be a Youmu style skill
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #272 on: February 06, 2013, 04:10:54 PM »
edit more:kogasa softconfirmed because that is indeed Karakasa's Surprising Whateveritwas

I want this game so much more now.

I don't care how good or bad Kogasa is.

Also obligatory 'surprised' statement.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #273 on: February 06, 2013, 04:44:54 PM »
Top Left: Slash of Eternity
Top Right: Karakasa's Surprising Flash
Bottom Left: Flashing Cherry Blossoms
Bottom Right: God's Slash of Karma Wind

That line from 3peso is just him "wondering" why 淫ピ has become a popular nickname for Kasen.

Spoiler:
(As far as I can tell, 淫ピ literally means "lewd/loose pink", or more colloquially, "pink-haired slut". Kasen having one of the highest r18 to all-ages ratios amongst the Touhou characters on pixiv possibly justifies it)

« Reply #274 on: February 06, 2013, 04:53:24 PM »
Top Left: Slash of Eternity
Top Right: Karakasa's Surprising Flash
Bottom Left: Flashing Cherry Blossoms
Bottom Right: God's Slash of Karma Wind

That line from 3peso is just him "wondering" why 淫ピ has become a popular nickname for Kasen.

Spoiler:
(As far as I can tell, 淫ピ literally means "lewd/loose pink", or more colloquially, "pink-haired slut". Kasen having one of the highest r18 to all-ages ratios amongst the Touhou characters on pixiv possibly justifies it)

Thanks Deranged. So that's Youmu and Kogasa confirmed, in addition to the title image lineup. Are the first spellcard screenshot both Marisa? The left one is Asteroid Belt, but I couldn't match the right with my non-existent Japanese skills.

Will you be interested in translating the game when it comes out?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #275 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
Asteroid Belt on the left. The one on the right looks like a Reimu spellcard

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #276 on: February 06, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
That's just Yin-Yang Orb.

« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2013, 06:05:26 AM »
I like how it shows you the element by the skill name.

« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2013, 12:53:13 AM »
Who is better overall at junk battles,boss,heal,support overall? Reimu or minoriko?

« Reply #279 on: February 08, 2013, 01:22:20 AM »
Who is better overall at junk battles,boss,heal,support overall? Reimu or minoriko?
Reimu is far superior with random mobs. Fantasy Seal does good damage for a decent portion of the game, and Evil Sealing Circle's paralysis is frequently useful.  Reimu is usually the better healer, I'd say, since she can heal everyone, but it's really situational. If the boss uses a lot of multi target attacks, Reimu is definitely better. If the boss uses strong single-target attacks, Minoriko. Same with defensive buffs; Reimu does everyone, Minoriko is single target. Typically buffing everyone is better.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #280 on: February 08, 2013, 02:38:24 AM »
Depends on your style. Minoriko's heals are typically stronger and you don't really need party-wide buffs if you only ever have maybe 2 characters staying in full-time with everyone else rotating in and out. Due to her relatively low delays and effective MND tank build, Minoriko is also much better at staying in and performing strategic switches in addition to the healing and buffs she provides.

I actually personally prefer Minoriko over Reimu just because I'm so used to the play style that she enables. It helps that she reaches her top effectiveness for boss fights almost immediately when you get her, while Reimu needs a lot of SP before she truly shines. Reimu does always remain more useful than Minoriko for random battles, though.

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #281 on: February 08, 2013, 06:12:00 AM »
Speaking of defence buffs, I really wish I had a reliable source of DEF buffs that wasn't already preoccupied with doing something else for the fight against Rinno :V I had to get to Mino 98 before my characters were naturally bulky enough to survive his first form, and still have enough vitality to plow through the rest of the battle. Tenshi was unfornately force fed a Rasetsu Fist early on in the match, which made survival difficult. Hell, I had Rinno use Military Rule in order to squeeze by the first phase. He then goes to WND form, which was the toughest of his elemetal forms for me due to my lack of NTR attacks and the generally annoying attacks he's got in that form. Second up was his CLD form, which died promptly to 2 Blazing Wheels. Third was his SPI form, which succumbed to a Master Spark and a followup Suiga from Kana. Next was his MYS form, which wasn't quite as bad as his WND form, but he was probably the 2nd hardest of his elemental forms. His NTR form came 5th, but he didn't get much attacks thanks to Kana's Wind God and Mari's HFO. His FIR form was taken out last as it's his least threatening form by far. Because I had Ran focus on buffing the offences of my party (which did leave me with no Defence buffs except for self-buffs bar the early Military Rule), I was well prepared to nuke out his Final Form, with Remi comfortably surviving attacks to switch in fresh nukers.

EDIT: Oops it looks like I forgot to level up Remi, Marisa, and Cirno with 300k's worth of exp before the fight :derp:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:18:57 AM by Rukoto »

Pandaology

• Does Laziness counts as a form of Writer's block?
« Reply #282 on: February 08, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »
I prefer Minoriko as all of Reimu's heals takes so long, and I always feel torn between attacking, buffing, or healing (Not necessarily a bad thing). Personally find that Reimu helps parties have more healing or more buffs, but is unable to fill the role all by herself, but she's always nice to have as she can do pretty much anything. In a random battle, unless its one of the enemies with crazy def, Reimu is the way to go though, but I tend to use both of them if I can, using Reimu to let someone else recharge. It really is up to playstyle though (and party).

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #283 on: February 08, 2013, 08:15:12 AM »
Pretty much everything everyone said about the reimu/mino thing is spot on. But I should state that there's a bigger difference between the healing styles than just group and single. With reimu, she's not really what you could call a full time healer. They're just too slow and too expensive sp-wise. She's more of a quick emergency heal up when everyone needs one suddenly switch out kinda healer (though her def buffs make her needed for more often than just switch in, heal, switch out). Having Reimu actually stay out and maintain a group thru boss nukes just doesn't work unless you're over level, or the boss is weak or something. Mino on the other hand generally CAN maintain a group thru most bosses most of the time while staying out. because her heals are so much faster, and so much bigger (to a single target). You can swap her out for reimu or something for an emergency group heal if the boss suddenly uses a nasty aoe or something, but her in combination with reimu makes the perfect "keep the whole party up" team imo.

« Reply #284 on: February 08, 2013, 01:14:19 PM »
here is my current setup

Meiling     HP/Def         Tank
Orin           Atk/speed  Trash cleaner
Marisa       Atk/speed  Trash cleaner
Kaguya      Mag             Trash cleaner/Boss nuker
Renko         Speed        Boss buffer/debuffer
Yuugi          Atk/def      Trash clean,Boss nuker
Flandre      Atk/speed  Boss nuker
Minoriko   Mind/Mag  Healer/Magic tanker
Utsuho       MAG            Getting the sp to make her spells work  :V
Komachi    ATK /HP       trash cleaner/boss nuker

Now gonna replace kanako with MAG patchouli, i feel kanako was a letdown generally
Replacing yuuka with MAG reimu, i just cant make yuuka work for me  :ohdear:
I dont know if its a good idea to replace minoriko with ATK suwako  :wat:

Currently at floor 7 with meiling lv27

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:40:27 PM by DarkAtma »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #285 on: February 08, 2013, 02:35:51 PM »
uhm, I have 18 winner kills by now and reimu is still the only healer I need :V

I generally agree that minoriko has more usefulness in terms of healing, but that's in the main game and early post game! once you hit floor 26 or something, I found out that (my) reimu could do the healer job all on her own with a MAG build. the SP won't matter by then unless you drag out the fight _real_ bad. I don'T know man. my current team consists of 9 attackers, Ran, mystia and Reimu. and it owns the Winner hard. I don't think you're giving Reimu enough credit for what she does in the post game. all of your underestimate her. and with the exception of Aya, nobody is faster than Reimu either. she outspeeds even mystia.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »
In Plus Disk, Reimu is all the healer you need, yeah. SP is -not- and issue once your level catches up to what it should be, and delay, you just switch her. You might consider having Rumia so that you can instantly switch in ANOTHER heal or have backup if Reimu dies, but Minoriko's single targets just become obsolete. Granted, I also had Yukari def-build second slot tank for def/mnd buffsupport >_>
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »
For the main game, Minoriko tends to be better, at least, for a stay-in full-time healer. You'd want to use Reimu mainly for GHB or an emergency AoE heal.

However, in Plus, Reimu gets faster and faster, so the delay becomes less of an issue. Bosses start using obscene AoE nukes that Mino [Or, for that matter, Sanae/Eirin] won't be able to heal you from, whie the massive % equips, and numbers in general, will make HGB, and even Demarkation, heal stupid amounts. SP becomes less of a problem too.

Basically, in the main game, the best healer is Minoriko in general, but in Plus, especially as you get later, Reimu and Rumia overtake her. I'd say Sanae does too, since she can buff herself for bigger heals and more speed beforehand too.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2013, 10:22:13 PM »
Sanae doesn't because Miracle Fruits is slow (Delay-wise) and spd buffs drop off in Plus Disk. It's far faster to just use Iku and reimu/yukari buffs. And Reimu can fullheal in plus as well so it doesn't matter how much the singletarget heal does (Except for the real high HP characters, but it's still sufficient)

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2013, 11:53:16 PM »
Surprised no one pointed out what Minoriko does to Yukari and Maribel.

Yukari/Maribel: Djinn's Storm!
Whole Party: OH NOEZ! DX
Minoriko: HAHAHAHA SCREW YOU *Heals anyway*

No seriously her spells are so insanely cheap it's almost unbelievable.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2013, 12:09:47 AM »
Yeah, Minoriko is REALLY good for those two situations.

Minoriko is super fabulous in maingame in general, really.

« Reply #291 on: February 09, 2013, 12:26:29 AM »
Thanks Deranged. So that's Youmu and Kogasa confirmed, in addition to the title image lineup. Are the first spellcard screenshot both Marisa? The left one is Asteroid Belt, but I couldn't match the right with my non-existent Japanese skills.

Will you be interested in translating the game when it comes out?

If time permits, yes.

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #292 on: February 09, 2013, 12:28:55 AM »
Yeah, Minoriko is REALLY good for those two situations.

Minoriko is super fabulous in maingame in general, really.

Yep, without her, I wouldn't have survived those two battles.

I love how I've fought Mokou 3 times and every time, won in the exact same way.

1) Fight until she goes batshit insane
2) Everyone dies but Tenshi
3) Apply defense self-buff
4) Start using her cheap one target damage spell repeatedly
5) ???
6) Profit.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #293 on: February 09, 2013, 10:44:21 AM »
About Reimu , which build would suit her best ?
Her damage is kind lackluster .

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #294 on: February 09, 2013, 12:51:45 PM »
About Reimu , which build would suit her best ?
Her damage is kind lackluster .

That's a myth, Reimu's trashclearing, except against mobs with a particularly high DEF or MND, is actually brilliant, seeing as Fantasy Seal is 400%+400%. In bosses her damage is low, but that's when she should be spamming GHB and EB anyway.

Either you go pure MAG to up your heal's power, and that of Fantasy Seal for trashsweeping, or you go tanky to stay in longer and set buffs up easier. Or even be somewhat of a [Slot 2] tank with GHB.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #295 on: February 09, 2013, 01:38:48 PM »
Reimu's fantasy seal in randoms isn't all that great even if you do a mag build on her (Which I did on my first play)

And her heal REALLY doesn't need a mag build on her either

Go for MND. Really.

« Reply #296 on: February 09, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
Defeated eientei trio at reimu 47  :V

Renko really snaps the boss battles in half: Galaxy stop+Starbow break+royal flare+evil sealing circle spam= good game

Maribel Hearn

• TD scorer
    • Portal
« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2013, 12:02:25 AM »
I've recently started a New Game+ run with the following team:

Reimu 15
Meiling 14
Yuugi 13
Nitori 14
Ran 13
Kaguya 13
Suika 13
Yukari 13
Rinnosuke 12
Renko 14
Maribel 14
Kanako 13

Beating all bosses underlevelled and not using any other characters than these is my goal. I didn't aim for a good team at all; just some characters I like to use and a balanced number of nukers, walls and supporters. I'm currently trying to beat Alice with these levels, and it's really tricky. I got very far one time, only Alice left, but she had to use Little Legion... TWICE IN A ROW. T_T
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 12:04:08 AM by Maribel Hearn »

Rukoto

• "Ordinary" Magician
« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2013, 08:47:18 AM »
Been exploring 19F a bit, Truth-Seeing Eyes are tough nuts to crack. I'm using some odd combination of Rinno, Cirno, Orin, and Kanako to beat them down. So far, of the 19F bosses, I have...

Rainbow Phoenix: Took a bit of time for me to set up, but once I was ready the battle was smooth sailing. No deaths.

Great Intellect: Stupidly easy boss if you have Remilia in your team. That is all (no deaths again).

I haven't found Cosmic or Genocider yet, hopefully the former won't be too bad :V

EDIT: Found Genocider. Easy fight, although I did lose Remi to Kanon and Cirno to a Demon-Slashing Dance.
EDIT The 2nd: Found Cosmic, who was a bit of a pain. Tenshi failed on removing his first Jutsu, although he followed it up with Shooting Star. Unfortunately, after that he spammed Dual Colourful Light for the next two turns which killed off four of my party members. I give my thanks to Cirno's Icicle Fall for making this battle bearable.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:04:13 AM by Rukoto »

« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2013, 01:54:01 AM »
Here are a few more videos of the draft play through. The last of it will be put up next week. Think I am the only one still doing the draft in my group.  :blush:

Orin + Knights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c0s-lCfJJ4&list=PL8WLbOJxSgUXFZgln8tcP38uiHqAPN5MU&index=17

Great Stamp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75EpBRtZu20&list=PL8WLbOJxSgUXFZgln8tcP38uiHqAPN5MU

Flandre: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegdKWNblwI&list=PL8WLbOJxSgUXFZgln8tcP38uiHqAPN5MU

Enjoy!