Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223416 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02
« Reply #480 on: March 03, 2014, 07:29:50 PM »
Yeah Charm Recepies work. I actually had BTG and DtABTS before the patch. Shanghai dropped from Meiling herself, and Sakuya's was crafted.

Beloved Tomboyish Girl drops like hotcakes in EoSD. Which is convenient since it's probobly one of the better charms I've got and I am using a Kensei. [In fact the MASSIVE cold resistance makes it useful on anyone]

The Meiling Charm isn't that useful. It's just + some stats and Chi. The Sakuya charm isn't that great either, but the Mystia one has mana steal so is good.

Proc affixes aren't needed as much anymore now you can get a ring with +30 to skill X or something along those lines. I could probobly get by with 1 or 2 proc affixes, and I'd still be able to use a few bits of the Flandre set for raw damage or lifesteal or the critical.

Really the changes made this patch open up so many potential builds. Although I do wonder this:

I know if you're the same class as the skill effect the bonus is limited to +3.
However, what happens if you equip, say, +30 to Master Spark, twice, onto a Kensei. Do you get a Lv 60 Master Spark? I've not had affixes which add up to allow this sort of thing yet to test.

Also these +skill things are very useful to caster builds. Especially ones which are not Warlocks, since it gives them access to more elementals and thus more ways to bypass immunities. Before a Hermit using Utusho would have SEVERE issues in Phantasm, for example, because the build is fire fire and more fire.

I'm a little curious as to where Yorihime items drop, if they exist. She's not in any of the games after all. I guess IN, probobly from Kaguya [Since she doesn't have her own tree]. Also a little curious as to if Ran, the Primsrivers or Yukari drop anything, but I could hardly beat Yukari on Normal when I went to test. [Dear lord the adds]. Bjut I'm not at IN yet, I'm trying to complete the EoSD sets first.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:34:39 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »
Two +30 is indeed +60. Props to you if the game grants you something that much.

Yorihime items drop from the Catfish Lair. Iku, Tenshi and Suika items drop from there too. The area is a bit harder if you aren't prepared for it.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #482 on: March 03, 2014, 08:22:50 PM »
Catfish Lair
Does that map always summon monsters now? It used to feel like chance to summon monsters vs lolnope. I used to slowly tickle it's life down to nothing on my way story-moding through act 2.. now it seems to summon monsters near every time.

Don't get me wrong, that's totally a good thing that it's hard, but I'm just curious if it was even a chance, or a bug, or what?

Edit : Found a better version of that song :V http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH9W2NOqCOg Sometimes I can't youtube, and sometimes.. youtube can't itself..
Anyway, I've heard a similar genre of music somewhere in the 'later' half (?) of Act 3 so I know it wouldn't feel out of place. Speed metal is just <3. I flipped when I heard it.
I can find out what area has it a bit later, gotta figure out why this laptop isn't going on the internet first. >.>

The only way for me to take care of such issues would be to have 2 computers and play both as my own testing.
I would hands down throw myself and my system through the internet to you immediately in order to help test and perfect the game and kill with fire it's problems if I could. I simply can't. MAKE THE TECHNOLOGY MANG. HELP ME HELP YOU! :D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:35:56 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #483 on: March 03, 2014, 09:07:58 PM »
Two +30 is indeed +60. Props to you if the game grants you something that much.

Yorihime items drop from the Catfish Lair. Iku, Tenshi and Suika items drop from there too. The area is a bit harder if you aren't prepared for it.

I know about the Catfish lair, just never seen Yorihime there.

I actually cleared it once, but nothing dropped back then because it was the old patch. Beauty is once you clear it you can use the Yukari Fooling Around scroll and there's a good chance to spawn the bosses on their own, as well as a small group of Catfish spawn. [I mainly got Tenshi tho]

Also what I would do to clear it is whack 1 mob once to tag it with Rabies. It would then chainproc on every tick of Rabies and I'd back out and sit on the other map until the noise stopped. Rinse and repeat.

Cause of the size of the map a wide AoE skill is great there.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:11:07 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #484 on: March 04, 2014, 12:06:38 AM »
Catfish lair procs a summon whenever Namazu is damaged. He has 6 sets of minions and then the 4 character bosses to choose from. YFAA can also do the same summoning because the 10 enemy groups are linked as spawnable mobs.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #485 on: March 04, 2014, 09:42:48 AM »
Well, I managed to make Locked Girl's Secret Room, and I have an Eye Core and Gungir now [Which lets me finish the Flan and Remi charms]. Problem is that those two dropped in non-set quality, and my Wo rune [Which is the only one of the 6 I have listed] won't work in the cube recepies, but I guess with the wording of the document, it's one of those 6, whichever one it is being random.

Problem is those 6 runes are drop only and IDK where they drop from D:

Edit: Nevermind non-set works for the charm recepies. U.N Owen is crazy OP. +44% Deadly Strike?

Edit2: Managed to find Satori in SA. She didn't drop anything, but a random mob with her dropped both the Utusho and Rin charms. I now have all the charms for characters from SA that are in the game, since Yuugi and Yamane charms also dropped. And wow all those bonus items.

I'm probobly gonna start up some kind of caster soon. I've not played a real caster yet. I played a semi-caster Warlock who also summoned, and I've played a melee [Who's almost beaten Phantasm, just gotta wrap up Act 5 but I've been distracted by the shiny sidequests]. Not sure if I'll go for a Hermit [Utusho] or a Fairy yet. I guess I could also go for some other caster build but I want a significant amount of mana as well. That said, I also wanna try out someone who has skills which scale off weapon damage. So much I wanna try D:

Also I'm so tempted to respec to Flandre but I'm afraid I won't be able to tag'n'kite like I can on my current Momiji build.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:11:54 PM by Raikaria »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #486 on: March 06, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »
shiny sidequests
Wait, there's sidequests? I must have missed something because I thought all quests were storymode. I know you can simply skip all the quests and directly kill the act boss but that's not really story mode since it doesn't unlock something till you finish the one before.

Sakuya's.. something is broken. Seriously. Like. Seriously.
Sakuya : Level 79 / 28 Time / 692 Graze

Phantasmic Killer : Level 25 / 2227 - 2564 Damage
Luminous Ricochet : Level 7 / 2196% damage / 12K - 14K Damage (It's WAY more than that in the field)
Jack the Ludo Bile : Level 25 / 2284% damage / 77K - 89K Damage
Wat. Character attached in RAR for you to see how "wtf" she has become. Either you need to drop the damage she gains from Graze, the damage on her skills, or both. She's not even close to equipped in anything good besides her weapons, and she's already out-damages everyone else I own. Unless other characters are well-balanced around this level of damage (which I doubt, but could be wrong), then this needs some thorough looking-into.

Offnote, most music is good, but some choices are... questionable at best.
You used Dark PHOENiX in the Dark Blowhole and Yamame's Lair. I found this music choice absolutely stunning. There needs to be more of this in some of the more intense battles.

Now, most of this is based on the time I personally spent in these areas over several dozen characters, likely a hundred or more, inside as well as outside the Reimu II mod. Some of the smaller areas may require a smaller fade-in time. You could also find music that doesn't have a long build-up of lighter notes before it gets to the chorus. Save that for the longer areas when emphasis and lack of repetitiveness is severely needed. So, time to get into music stuff? Sure.

Act I
- Town is pretty interesting. Is it a mix of the Touhou theme? (The one on the menu of all the games) I think it's very amazing with the birds and such in the background. Something seems missing, but a fan I am.

- Suzuran Field and Koumakan Gate should have a light version of Meiling's theme in my opinion. A lighter genre (similar to the one you picked for Remilia's theme) would fit easily into the two areas.

- I like the Remilia theme in the outside areas very much, but honestly that should be saved for areas closer to the SDM like the Reception Hall and Living Quarters. The genre is perfect. Definitely a darker, more sinister one inside Tepes' Fortress.

- Speaking of Tepes' Fortress, a more boss-ish fight theme should happen on level 5. I sort of wish you could just up and change the music when you jump a boss's ass, but since there's no way around that, I'm thinking that a boss theme on the final room would suffice.

- Early areas of Act 1 should perhaps be some stage themes from EoSD. I believe that would fit much better.

- I would probably suggest the stage theme of Misty lake the same one as in-game. Not the track itself, mind you, but more fitting music you'd expect for the area you're at.

- The Kitchens and Main Hall are both Sakuya's stage theme and there's no way I can even think of asking them to be changed. It's perfect.

- Is it possible to change the music when you go from Main Hall to Voile? That should no doubt be Patchouli's theme. I mean, it is the Library.

- The basement 1, 2, & 3 should absolutely be Flandre's stage theme. If you want to keep 4 as the stage theme and play Flandre's theme when you beat her, that's ok. My personal preference would be Flandre's battle theme upon going into the room and playing a very light piano rendition when she dies, giving more feeling of the battle finally being over.

And one thing I want to say from Act III :
- You never spend too long in Dark Blowhole or Yamame's Lair, so it's really unfortunate that this well-defined music is only played for a short amount of time on average. (First time going inside since you added music, I spent a fair half-minute before already finding Yamame, killing her, and leaving) I don't know her theme offhand, so I can't really comment in that respect, but I do simply want to raise my opinion that the time spent there and intensity of fight (or really, the lack thereof) versus the musical rendition of the first two combined isn't a fair balance. I'll give this a re-visit when I'm not actually playing Sakuya.

I should sleep now, but I want to give more later. Way more.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2014, 12:40:11 AM »
Base weapon damage OP. Balance is hard. If you get this much with Sakuya, just see what Eirin can do with a [P] bow.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2014, 06:08:59 AM »
Now that I'm back, moving on with music! First, I have a few questions about this :
I didn't have music selected for the cave areas in act 1 as they would all get the same bgm by the game's natural design.
Do you mean there's nothing you can do to make the caves have different music? Or is it something you must delve into the code over a long period of time to figure out how to do? Also, does this apply to all side-areas too or even a select few? How many caves in the game are applied to this, and is there any song that can be applicable to all of them? So many variables that you probably don't even know all of them.

Moving on to Act II :
- Town is fine, I think it's quite fitting.

- The slums 1 2 & 3 all have Rins theme, and the genre seems fitting in my opinion. I didn't play SA but a few times, though, so I'm not well versed in all of the themes in this game. Some I do, most I don't. It simply feels repetitive, so maybe something can be done about that.

- What is the significance of Mima's theme in Hell's Ember and Yatagarasu Temple? Shouldn't these be Okuu's stage theme? At least the Temple should anyway. It's a good song, but why here?

- I think the Chireiden basement would possibly fit Koishi's stage theme. There's already great remixes of it, example being the opening of Fantasy Kaleidoscope episode 2 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TlgfFPMIQ8). I'm sure something can fit.

- Makai's theme is great. I think the choice is great. That said, I'm extremely tempted to poke a suggestion at this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY55s2Gbkls ..I don't know if that would be something you're interested in putting in there, but I'll take that chance.

I'll put together more stuff from Act III a bit later, but that's all I've got for now. :V

Edit :
Actually, I just noted you used Alice Maestra in Ruins of Vina. Just.. ok. I would ask why, but I've no suggestion to fill here. Perhaps her stage theme, or something. Alice Maestra is a good song, I really love it, but that's building up to Yuuka's stage, so it doesn't seem to fit.

..And upon going into Mima's Tomb, I realize that the "caves" in Act II, (or whatever you would name the dungeons thereof), all have the same theme. This is the limitation you were talking about earlier right?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:22:42 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2014, 06:22:47 AM »
Mima's theme exists to troll the Mima fanboys.
Spoiler:
But we all know she's not coming back :V

Edit: Made myself a Nue to test the weapons buff. Core skill and Ranbow UFO are probably the only skills I have to max. Danmaku Chimera works as a 1-point wonder. Red Cloak, Blue Cloak can get just enough until the diminishing returns kick in. With an Act1 merc, I don't need to skill Yorimasa. This build leaves me with enough free points to max Meiling and Kogasa core skills for their respective bonuses.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 03:06:53 PM by Pesco »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #490 on: March 08, 2014, 06:21:19 AM »
So, I'm gonna post in response to my friend's testing of Royal Flare.

Straight up. It's Borked. Brokeded. All that. He does more damage than my Sakuya does at Level 105 with Jack the Ludo Bile doing 373K - 444K damage.. not just on mobs, on everything. He could kill anything basically within three screens of himself, dropped to approximately 5,000 ping in single player, and while we were in multiplayer earlier, it lagged to hell so hard, I was way in town and still dropped from 60fps to 0 for several seconds. I'm thinking this proc issue for Royal Flare needs to die.
..With fire preferably.

He tried with Perfect Freeze, Falling Leaves of Madness, and Annihilating Roar among a few others. It basically wrecked shop so hard that I couldn't keep up even with the damage that outclassed every other character I had 15 times over.. Yeah that's a thing.

Edit : "Yeah Royal Flare and the Cirno sets 33% to cast Perfect Freeze on striking will literally Perfect Freeze Diablo 2 itself >.>"
I don't think I could say that one any better myself. Quote'd for Truth.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:26:45 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #491 on: March 08, 2014, 06:48:17 AM »
Is it possible to change how often the fire will strike or is that hardcoded? Asking primarily because my voile fairy has mostly fallen reliant on strike procs + flare. Though it seems I was unable to get the truly powerful proc on strikes like your friend. I only have Scythe of Final Judgement, Death Lance and Flight of Idaten. Each 17% chance. Not sure if Flight of Idaten even does anything. On another note, I think Kanako froze my game against Flan in the EoSD zone on phantasm by spamming those pillar things. The game was unable to render everything, FPS got worse and worse until it was like less than 1frame per minute.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #492 on: March 08, 2014, 07:34:29 AM »
He's running a Cirno build (on Kensei) so it's possible that Royal Flare doesn't proc magic spells when casting on casters? Or possibly that skills that are weapon-attack based will proc. I notice that procs NEVER happen when I'm using any type of magic, but as soon as I get a skill that has a chance to hit they start to appear. Royal Flare is the only exception I've ever seen, so I really don't know how it works nor do I understand the mechanics of procs for magical spells versus accuracy-based weapon attacks. Hoping Pesco has a solution for this one.

I'm not sure the connection, but I do know that Falling Leaves of Madness procs itself on cast, so that itself needs to die too.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #493 on: March 08, 2014, 10:02:23 AM »
Looks like general proc chances need to drop. I don't think on-attack procs should suffer the nerf as much as the on-hit/get-hit procs. Proc chains will never repeat an on-attack proc as the chain does not cause a new weapon swing. Skills that carry a component of weapon damage will carry their on-hit effects. The proper way to go about fixing things should really be to nerf until all are equal instead of buff the weaker to match what's strong. I think some builds are already dangerously near the damage overflow. Anyway, fixing all this will take time and it won't miraculously come right in just a few updates.

A positive to this update seems to be that sets are more accessible now. I'm curious if anyone is using the Youmu or Alice sets for their respective summons.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #494 on: March 08, 2014, 11:01:08 AM »
He's running a Cirno build (on Kensei) so it's possible that Royal Flare doesn't proc magic spells when casting on casters? Or possibly that skills that are weapon-attack based will proc. I notice that procs NEVER happen when I'm using any type of magic, but as soon as I get a skill that has a chance to hit they start to appear. Royal Flare is the only exception I've ever seen, so I really don't know how it works nor do I understand the mechanics of procs for magical spells versus accuracy-based weapon attacks. Hoping Pesco has a solution for this one.

I'm not sure the connection, but I do know that Falling Leaves of Madness procs itself on cast, so that itself needs to die too.

Skills which scale from weapon damage [Like falling leaves of madness] can proc affects.

I do not have any items from the Youmu set yet, and 1 from the Alice set but I don't have a high level Warlock. I've not been USING the full sets for full set bonuses however, because I've been playing with bonus skills and affixes and procs for my 'NUCLEAR RABIESEXPLOSION' build.

Also the document says there are MINOR bonuses for full sets. I didn't think they were worth using so I haven't been looking at set bonuses.

Speaking of:
- The shanghai Dolls in PCB deal WAY too much damage when they explode. I get about 80%+ resist all when I use what is now a low 40's in Red Cloak/Blue Cloak [I found boots that grant it in addittion to my bow], and I have over 5,000 HP in Wolf form. The explosions they do when they die STILL oneshot me. I'm literally as tanky as it is possible to be. I mean everything else hurts still in Lunatic, but I shouldn't be getting OHKO'ed. Not even Lunatic Danmaku Archers 3HKO's me right now.
- How does UFO... work? Once I went there and almost instantly found Byakuren and died in a place where I had no chance of recovering my corpse [I did not expect it], any other time I literally wander around the place for 15 mins and can't find anything. Except the occasional horde of flying harpy mobs who really rip into me and sometimes get me. Also UFO drops so much stuff. Rings, money and class items. I think one of these should probobly be moved to somewhere else. That said, I've not seen if IN has any major drop bias yet.
- Are there sets for the UFO characters? Because all I've seen is charms directly dropping there.

Also I got to 'test out' a high-ish level of Okku's Lv 12 skill [I forgot what it's called]. Seems fun/useful. Might have to be bothered to level up an Okku build.

Also yes, Royal Flare is borked. I think the skill just needs to be remade like Game of Life was. You didn't have it kill games BY ITSELF by proccing off a ring with it and then proccing off itself so it forms a massive conflagration which killed anything it touched, including the FPS and the game. It dosen't help that Royal Flare is one of the best skills in the game before you bear in mind it becomes a nucleardeathzone with procs.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, Death Sign: Scythe of Final Judgement; seriously sucks. Really, really badly. I maxed it and Komachi's unique stat out, and it deals 37-50 physical damage, and 108-168 magic damage. And this is with 105 Souls, so that's a 105% damage increase. Which means it's base, Lv 25 magic damage is something like 50~80.

And it has a 4 second cooldown and the projectiles are slow so you can be murdered before they even do anything.

It's the only offensive skill the Komachi tree has and it's AWFUL. Komachi is borderline unplayable. Fear ain't good, especially when faceing ranged foes, the lifesteal ain't killing anything or letting you tank in higher difficulties, and neither is Abundant Floating Spirits surviving or being that useful.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:11:34 AM by Raikaria »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #495 on: March 08, 2014, 11:20:16 AM »
Youmu or Alice sets
I find those sets to be quite difficult to gain. I only have one solitary item for Alice, England as it were, and Hakurouken, Cherry Blossom, and Karma Gust for Youmu.
On one hand, Alice is just difficult to get to. Chen tanks everything I throw at her, is super fast, burns mana, and all her minions are just as bad. Can't get away, get swarmed, no mana, dead. So.. yeah, I dunno how to get to Alice in PCB.
PoFV summons Reimu/Marisa who summons 50 bajilliondy things and I die instantaneously. No point trying here. Imperishable Night just.. rapes me when I enter. Q_Q

Youmu's minions, on the other hand are immune to everything besides broken procs from Royal Flare, and take my Mokou several minutes just to kill a single one in 1v1 combat. Several of them are too much. Not sure wat do..

All that being said, sets are extremely easy to find now, maybe a bit too easy. Not sure if I said this before, but I think they should probably only drop from characters from that class. IE: Mokou set dropping from other characters in the class. Medicine, Letty, Marisa, Patchouli, and Iku. Probably not from everyone else though. I was originally a fan of set bosses dropping their own stuff, then realized some sets were near impossiboru to get to. If it only dropped from chars in the class and their minions, it would keep the set drop to a limited selection, and still have several bosses to go after. Also, the Ya / Yu / Yo / Wa / Wi / Wo runes are rare as hell and would be a good idea for getting sets.. if they weren't already so easy to get.

On the topic of sets, I presume not all of them are implemented quite yet, right? Reimu and Marisa both drop absolutely nothing, and I've found no sets for either of them, yet there's a set for Letty and Patchouli while they're in the same class. (Ignoring the fact that Patche's set robe has Letty's robe image on it).

Another note, we just went to try and finish PCB on Phantasm together on /players 1... He had to abuse the Royal Flare proc just to kill the first Chen we came across. Needless to say it took at least a half hour, not kidding, from the beginning when I first froze to when I could move again. I would have had enough time to get up, take a bathroom break, grab a snack and something to drink, come back 20 minutes later to watch it still be on the same frame it was on when it froze. G. G.

Skills which scale from weapon damage [Like falling leaves of madness] can proc affects.
I personally believe they should not proc themselves. Others, sure, but not themselves.

MINOR bonuses for full sets.
Sakuya full set gives
- Piercing Attack
- 100% Damage to Youkai
- All resistances 45
It's not that bad, but considering how Sakuya's built on knives that stop when hitting a monster, pierce is a big deal in my opinion. Useful, but not overpowered.

Flandre full set gives
- 100% Chance to cast Level 15 Corpse Explosion when you kill an enemy
- 10% chance to cast level 20 Cranberry Trap when struck
- Level 30 Fire Aura when equipped
- 20% increased attack speed
- adds 50-100 magic damage
- +5 Ripples of 495 years
- +5 Taboo Forbidden Games
- +150 hitpoints
- +150 mana
- +125 chaos
A.. bit more than I expected. That fire aura.. win. (I was told of this full set bonus while I was writing this post)

- How does UFO... work?
UFO is random like Subterranean Animism. Sometimes the bosses don't spawn (Pesco said this in the dev thread), so you can use the YFAA charm to summon them.

I maxed it and Komachi's uniq
Nice finish.

Edit : Not sure if you know this, but Alice says London, not England, in Marisa Stole the Precious Thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkPYCa3mtOo&feature=player_detailpage#t=65 Pretty sure her set is a reference to this.
Sort of sad to not see Orleans. But maybe I'm sort of bias because of where I live. :V
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:41:30 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #496 on: March 08, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »
I find those sets to be quite difficult to gain. I only have one solitary item for Alice, England as it were, and Hakurouken, Cherry Blossom, and Karma Gust for Youmu.
On one hand, Alice is just difficult to get to. Chen tanks everything I throw at her, is super fast, burns mana, and all her minions are just as bad. Can't get away, get swarmed, no mana, dead. So.. yeah, I dunno how to get to Alice in PCB.
PoFV summons Reimu/Marisa who summons 50 bajilliondy things and I die instantaneously. No point trying here. Imperishable Night just.. rapes me when I enter. Q_Q

I've never had Reimu/Marisa spawn in PofV. I've had Tewi and Mystia, and they both spawn a bajillion things too.

Also I have no issues getting past Chen. I just claw one of her mobs, and then it explodes into Deep Vortexes and Perfect Freezes and from me spams a billion Charged Bolts. I can kite because I also have a chance to proc Illusion World -The World-, and have a lot of Cold procs as well. Chen is no issue at all with my build. Alice herself isn't an issue either, it's the Shanghai Dolls who explode on death and OHKO me. The explosion isn't large, so if I can open a distance before Rabies Bite causes procs and kills them I'm fine, but if it procs right away...

Youmu's minions, on the other hand are immune to everything besides broken procs from Royal Flare, and take my Mokou several minutes just to kill a single one in 1v1 combat. Several of them are too much. Not sure wat do..

I take it this is PofV Youmu? Not found her yet.

On the topic of sets, I presume not all of them are implemented quite yet, right? Reimu and Marisa both drop absolutely nothing, and I've found no sets for either of them, yet there's a set for Letty and Patchouli while they're in the same class. (Ignoring the fact that Patche's set robe has Letty's robe image on it).

Another note, we just went to try and finish PCB on Phantasm together on /players 1... He had to abuse the Royal Flare proc just to kill the first Chen we came across. Needless to say it took at least a half hour, not kidding, from the beginning when I first froze to when I could move again. I would have had enough time to get up, take a bathroom break, grab a snack and something to drink, come back 20 minutes later to watch it still be on the same frame it was on when it froze. G. G.
I personally believe they should not proc themselves. Others, sure, but not themselves.

Either that or they drop rarely, or don't even drop from the PoFV versions. Also Marisa/Reimu might be in Imperishable Night, try there. I think the real issue is if Yuuka/Komachi/Medicine don't drop items in PoFV, as that's the only place they can spawn. [I think. Komachi might spawn in Namazu Lair but I've never seen her there]

I know there's a way with Hamachi to play multiplayer on this mod. [Also, Pesco can you put the instructions on how to do that in the OP?] I could get you through Chen quite quickly with my Proc-Tank Momiji/Cirno.. Except not right now, not got that much free time.

« Reply #497 on: March 08, 2014, 03:43:10 PM »
Damn, my game crashes from time to time, when I put Setitems into the Kappa Cube.

edit1:
Halt
Expression: Unrecoverable internal error 038e34a6

error when Rumia killed me :(
edit2:
I found out why it crashed
When I have "Yukari Fooling arround again" have in my inventory, the pichuun effect crashes the game

also:
GOD DAMMIT YUKARI, STOP SUMMONING CHENS

« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:21:28 PM by Dorakyura »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #498 on: March 08, 2014, 06:44:13 PM »
Getting instagibbed by summons has been a thing and will continue to be a thing as long as Orin exists in Act2 :V.
Kasha's got nerfed way back for a reason~
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

highzealot

« Reply #499 on: March 08, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
Oh, and I forgot to mention, Death Sign: Scythe of Final Judgement; seriously sucks. Really, really badly. I maxed it and Komachi's unique stat out, and it deals 37-50 physical damage, and 108-168 magic damage. And this is with 105 Souls, so that's a 105% damage increase. Which means it's base, Lv 25 magic damage is something like 50~80.

And it has a 4 second cooldown and the projectiles are slow so you can be murdered before they even do anything.
Ironically, whenever the act 2 merc casts it, it's crazy powerful. Also crazy powerful when it procs on strike with royal flare though that's a problem with royal flare.

Would lowering the chance to proc on strike even fix it? I had assumed the problem was because royal flare appears to strike 1000 times every second or something. Also, how does summoned Kanako's pillars work? What causes her to spam pillars and freeze the game whenever her and enemy survives long enough for her to do so?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #500 on: March 08, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »
Procced Scythe of Final Judgement dosen't have a C/D, and since it has a physical damage component, I think it can proc more things. And the damage *is* per coin, so when cast with the target as the centre as a proc, it'll deal multiple times more damage than when you are the centre.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #501 on: March 08, 2014, 10:25:50 PM »
I've never had Reimu/Marisa spawn in PofV. I've had Tewi and Mystia, and they both spawn a bajillion things too.
I take it this is PofV Youmu? Not found her yet.
Reimu and Marisa aren't the only ones that spawn everything, but it seems everyone in PoFV has a chance to spawn on low life and/or spawn on death.. I spawned Yama once. Once. As soon as my entire screen turned into what looked like a pissed off antpile crawling with colored ants, I got the living hell out of there. Youmu has her minions that are immune to all but physical on Phantasm both in PoFV as well as PCB. They're not easy to kill since Mokou does very little physical damage at all. It's all fire, mainly. I want to get more points from items into Iku's Light Dragon Sigh so to have something for fire immune. It still won't help vs those minions, though. :ohdear:

Also I have no issues getting past Chen. I just claw one of her mobs, and then it explodes into Deep Vortexes and Perfect Freezes and from me spams a billion Charged Bolts. I can kite because I also have a chance to proc Illusion World -The World-, and have a lot of Cold procs as well. Chen is no issue at all with my build. Alice herself isn't an issue either, it's the Shanghai Dolls who explode on death and OHKO me. The explosion isn't large, so if I can open a distance before Rabies Bite causes procs and kills them I'm fine, but if it procs right away...
I try not to build all of my damage around on hit procs since those seem to either be completely broken and runaway with bs damage, or basically useless as hell. That and when I play multiplayer w/ friends, my pc drops in frames mid-game just from normal play, nevermind from insane proc chances.

I'm not quite sure what it is because my computer's a complete monster of a machine versus Diablo 2's requirements, so not quite sure what's going on here. Don't know anyone with enough knowledge of Diablo 2's glide graphics through the Glide3-to-OpenGL wrapper versus my Nvidia GTX 285 to help. I'm thinking it might have to do with my inability to use Diablo 2 with mouse scroll and coinciding thumb button in compatibility mode with anything newer than Windows Server 2003 (SP1). That selection has the most amount of ram given to the program, so I use that, but all of them cause the lag issue, and I'm severely incapacitated if I cannot use my mouse buttons to play. Maybe there's some way to program my mouse's thumb button to a key, sure, but the wheel remains useless. :(

I know there's a way with Hamachi to play multiplayer on this mod. [Also, Pesco can you put the instructions on how to do that in the OP?] I could get you through Chen quite quickly with my Proc-Tank Momiji/Cirno.. Except not right now, not got that much free time.
I don't use Hamachi because it has serious IP connectivity issues, and I've had this happen to me as well as several of my friends, so we moved to Tunngle which is much more stable, but a bit more complex. Once you learn it, it's way easier though. At least imo. That said, I don't actually use Tunngle for playing multiplayer with LoM. I just host using TCP/IP as lan. Then give whoever's joining my external IP. My ports are all forwarded for D2 since I used to host games all the time. Easy modo. :V

highzealot

« Reply #502 on: March 09, 2014, 12:02:36 AM »
Was there always so many rings and amulets that gave points to skills? Was doing act 5 normal and the majority of rings and amulets gave skills and sold for 50 yen.

Also, it feels like it's too easy to get a gigantic army of blazing wheels. By the end of normal, I could summon 15. I have become the boss I hated so much.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #503 on: March 09, 2014, 12:11:35 AM »
Was there always so many rings and amulets that gave points to skills? Was doing act 5 normal and the majority of rings and amulets gave skills and sold for 50 yen.

No, those are new, and I think that's the idea, to give access to skills a class may not otherwise have. It gives you more freedom, especially in mono-element trees that are not Warlocks. A Shou would be screwed as soon as they came across a lightling immunity, for example.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #504 on: March 09, 2014, 09:38:02 AM »
Spearzons getting screwed over by lightning immunes was the whole point :V.

I think I'll start with removing the really fps-breaking procs from the affixes. Next would be some proc chance reductions across the board. I need to sit down and really evaluate the growth of every skill in the game. With my post about a build to play Nue, it's apparent that you can get away with just one point in most melee attack skills and just let the character stats do the rest. Balance is hard, give me some time.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #505 on: March 09, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
Spearzons :V
<3 Zeusess

I think I'll start with removing the really fps-breaking procs from the affixes. Next would be some proc chance reductions across the board. I need to sit down and really evaluate the growth of every skill in the game. With my post about a build to play Nue, it's apparent that you can get away with just one point in most melee attack skills and just let the character stats do the rest. Balance is hard, give me some time.
Sounds good. I'm simply trying to be as informative as I can with my posts, but also trying not to nag about things being broken. (If I am, just yell at me to stahp.) Just the scale at which they can be broken to shine some light as to just how bad they can be, so you would know more about where to start. Though.. I guess it wouldn't matter since you have all the numbers and could easily just.. create stuff on the fly.

That said, As I've said before, when it comes to balance, every skill should be viable at something. Irrelevant if it's support, damage, buff, whatever. Some things will be better than others, and that's ok. They'd basically be the same skill otherwise, that's undeniable. I simply wish for everything to have a purpose. A build you can center around using a skill, and/or multiple skills. One single skill doesn't make a build, but it can be part of one.

My Marisa's a tank build based on Master Spark. Sure, it's based on one attack skill, but I should need many other skills for this build to function. MP regen, perhaps heavy-tier armor-based spells or passive skills (evasion for example) since I'm stationary while using it. Perhaps I need something like Cirno's core skill from items to give me enough Strength to wear other items while putting all my points into MP. Master Spark doesn't make that build alone, and it shouldn't be only viable in that kind of build either. You could use it for throwing a lot of DPS into something that is immune to your main attack. It's good for something strong against everything but magical damage. Every skill in the game should be useful by itself in multiple aspects.

- Spark might get the most out of a build centered around making it a super powerful mob attack. That doesn't mean it should suck (or be too powerful) out of the box, but it definitely shouldn't fall behind at late game either.
- Sakuya's knives could be a medium damage attack that only hits one monster, but exceptionally fast. 1v1 / Bossing skill, right there. Useful against champs or bosses. Not so good against fast-moving anythings, so it's not without weakness.
- Reimu's Fantasy Seal is a good example of something that could be centered around a close-range Miko. Remilia's melee rush + HP leech, Fantasy Seal for mob damage, and evasion at a high tier for avoiding attacks while being surrounded.

I know all about skill builds, and quite a bit about balancing. I've personally watched games I played from the beginning go from unbalanced to complete garbage in weeks from one change alone. Some took off and became great. I've seen what works and what doesn't. I know for a fact that if even one skill isn't viable at anything, it'll never be used, and that's a waste of time, effort, and creates confusion, disappointment, and stress for both you and the players. Not fun. :(

« Reply #506 on: March 09, 2014, 01:48:01 PM »
Just found a ring, can't die anymore
please fix

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #507 on: March 09, 2014, 05:15:17 PM »
Just found a ring, can't die anymore
please fix

And then you see the mana cost. Although that is a LOT of resists on it too. My Lv 126 Kensei dosen't even have the mana pool to cast that yet. [Although I do think it may be the ONLY way to defeat certain fights. Like Shizuhara in MoF] That and my Kensei has to exit and re-enter wolf form to do anything while using it.

Speaking of rings, I've found a couple of GREEN things that are weird. Note these are not the same green as the sets, they are darker.

The first is Francine's Kiss, a Green Jewel. It gives a lot of bonus EXP, as well as sone bonus attributes.

The other was 'Infinity Ring' which gave -100% Mana and -100% HP. Yeah.

Edit: Nevermind, managed to cast it. STILL died in IN to the explodeing bunnies. [But did manage to get the Tewi and Mokou charms to drop]
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:31:22 PM by Raikaria »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #508 on: March 09, 2014, 09:55:27 PM »
The other was 'Infinity Ring' which gave -100% Mana and -100% HP. Yeah.
I got some of them too. Also this:
Hardmode unlocked!  :V I'm going to try playing like this with a new 1cc character later

STILL died in IN to the exploding bunnies.
Yeah... that's sort of why I don't get very far in IN on Mokou without dying a horribly painful death. Even though I already have
- 4698 life (Getting this much was a mean feat, 583 Lives)
- 1640 mana (with 1 single point into Bombs, no item adds to it. Rather impressive)
- 75 all resist (85 cold)
- 8.4K core defense (Which broke godly numbers when I had both Missing Purple Power and Hooting in the Night buffed on myself at the same time)
- damage reduced by 8% (plan to make this much higher with new equips)
- damage reduced by 1821 while Phoenix's Tail is up (with it's 17,780 HP Regen on top of that.)
- 40 Rage (and it's 80 HP Regen that comes with it)
- 129% faster hit recovery (Boy does this come in handy, let me tell you)
- 1489% Magic find (And this, mind you, is why my stats are so curiously low compared to what they could be. Obv, I'm wearing the NEET Outfit)

My Phoenix's Tail is level 45 if you're curious, lasts longer than CD. (15.6 vs 14.5 CD) so uptime theoretically 100% assuming I have the 1175 mana of my mana pool to cast it. Mana burn op lol. If I can't even do Phantasm IN with a massive defensive build, then how am I expected to survive it on anyone else?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:57:03 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #509 on: March 09, 2014, 10:07:28 PM »
I got some of them too. Also this:Yeah... that's sort of why I don't get very far in IN on Mokou without dying a horribly painful death. Even though I already have
- 4698 life (Getting this much was a mean feat, 583 Lives)
- 1640 mana (with 1 single point into Bombs, no item adds to it. Rather impressive)
- 75 all resist (85 cold)
- 8.4K core defense (Which broke godly numbers when I had both Missing Purple Power and Hooting in the Night buffed on myself at the same time)
- damage reduced by 8% (plan to make this much higher with new equips)
- damage reduced by 1821 while Phoenix's Tail is up (with it's 17,780 HP Regen on top of that.)
- 40 Rage (and it's 80 HP Regen that comes with it)
- 129% faster hit recovery (Boy does this come in handy, let me tell you)
- 1489% Magic find (And this, mind you, is why my stats are so curiously low compared to what they could be. Obv, I'm wearing the NEET Outfit)

My Phoenix's Tail is level 45 if you're curious, lasts longer than CD. (15.6 vs 14.5 CD) so uptime theoretically 100% assuming I have the 1175 mana of my mana pool to cast it. Mana burn op lol. If I can't even do Phantasm IN with a massive defensive build, then how am I expected to survive it on anyone else?

I think I'm a bit more tanky. Even with ~200 lives I manage to have 6.8K HP now. But I'm a Kensei. Also I have like 7,000 base defense before the Missing Power proc [Although a lot of this comes from a Cirno skill], and I can cast +88% Resist All on myself.

Defense dosen't do anything to spells however, which the rabbit explosions are.

I guess you need to explode all the ones around you then get your corpse again :V
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:09:03 PM by Raikaria »