Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223401 times)

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.01
« Reply #450 on: October 08, 2013, 04:01:20 AM »
I got this now.  I'm playing a Yuuka build, which is pretty fun.  I never played a Druid of any kind before.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #451 on: October 09, 2013, 09:40:17 AM »
Would have loved to crank out an update before my flight in a few hours but it's impossible. If it's broke, :dealwithit:

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #452 on: October 14, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »
Thanks for crashing my OS, Diablo2. Closed FF and killed everything I wrote. >.> Don't know what's wrong with my D2, but it crashes windows explorer in 7 as soon as the exe opens. If my desktop automatically changes images every 10 seconds, it stops with the image I opened the game on even if I play for hours. Doesn't do it in window mode. Does it irrelevant of PlugY, irrelevant of mod. May have to completely reinstall D2. :ohdear:

Anyway, status update. I got to 122 on Mokou. She's such a badass now.
+25 Rage (1028 total)
+29 Phoenix's Tail (10,280 hp regen / 14.9s duration, 15.6s cooldown)
+25 Xu Fu's Dimension (so much more powerful now, 11.5k - 11.7 dmg, the fire per second should probably do more than 442-467  ::))
+25 Possessed by Phoenix (1393-1415 damage on this skill packs quite a punch surprisingly)
+28 Suzuran (84% defense)

My shield is a tier [H] Cantrip's Handbook that gives 4 to Phoenix's Tail on top of 5 Danmaku and 3 to Lingering Cold.

I've got 75/76/75/-37% elemental defense in Phantasm (202/196/235/63% totals. I'm working on poison. It really hurts.)

On top of this, I've already got 1308% chance finding magic items, and could have over 1400% but traded off around 50% for 50ish rage, and the other 50% for the Mu rune so I can't be frozen. (Boy does that get in the way of attacking, lemmy tell you.)

My hat (Edit: Fix'd) has 10% chance to cast level 10 Laevateinn, but that's just more fire damage. What really rocks is my core 7491 defense, 10% chance cast lvl 5 Missing Purple Power on attack, which skyrockets my defense obscenely. That stacks on top of my act3 Ice merc's 10% chance cast level 15 Hooting in the Night when struck on two items. I've seen my defense peak at somewhere between 70 and 80k. It'll only gets better if I get higher level Hooting and Power.

My ice merc has 523 merc stat from items, and does pretty nice supporting damage with blizzard (not much so the multi ice shard skill)

In other news, I have 5.3mil and I'm currently at the end of Act 3 searching for Sanae in her shrine. (the word shrine shouldn't be capitalized in the quest description since it's not a proper name) The near entirety of the Death Fairys are all immune to fire, and Lily White is immune to both fire and ice. She does near enough damage to kill me in two or three hits. I've only killed the entire crew once (on /players8), and died to a metric ton of bone fetish right after going into the next map.. and now I can't even take the fairies on /players 1. They beat my face into the ground. I need more damage other than fire.

I think I'll be trying to get some +skills to Light Dragon's Sigh from Iku's build on top of more +skills to Phoenix's Tail. PT is amazing when maxed, and every single point past 25 that actually makes the cooldown and duration closer together is very well spent. I think the only getting 50 hp regen when maxing rage points is pretty miniscule when you have so much hp. (I've got 3245, and plan to get even more. I'm terribly inefficient with hp on items right now) I'd definitely recommend upping it even a single point to 3 hp per point. That one point alone would make the skill actually worth it. The damage you take as a mokou tends to either hurt a lot or not hurt you at all. Plus, it's not even close to broken if you have several thousand hp. I don't know if putting it to 4 or 5 would be too much (read: 100-125 hp regen), but at least 3 is fair I think. 2 is a bit too low to help at all.
I am including characters not making mokou builds, by the way. I used to get as much hp regen as I could in vanilla D2, so I know exactly what I'm suggesting in terms of hp regen scaling.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:20:30 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #453 on: November 29, 2013, 01:41:29 PM »
So; yeah; after a break due to hitting a wall; I'm back on this.

Playing my Kensei again; and finally managed to get past Tenshi and her 'I RUN AROUND AND LOCK YOU IN VOLCANO HITSTUN' spam. I'm currently about halfway through Act 5.

I just found 'Yukari's Gloves [X]'. Which is cool. Pretty useless for my Kensei but I can see gloves with +60 Border and +60% mana regen being useful on a build using Reimu skills.

Currently Lv 82 and annoyed that not a lot seems to give EXP [And then Guest Monsters are Vipers and they give tons; so I gained a level and a half from 81.]

Skill build is:
Yorihime Tree:
Purity - 1
Izunome - 1 [I found this rather redundant compared to other buffing skills]
Amaterasu Oomikami - 25
Element Auras - 1 each

Tenshi Tree:
Enlightenment - 1
WCP - 4
Scarlet Weather - 25 [Mainly used for running in rings in Danmaku Archers]
All other skills - 1

Flandre Tree:
Chaos - 2 [Then I found out the amp applies before my buffs so I won't be investing more]
Cranberry Trap - 1
Leavaitinn - 25
All others: Non-Invested

At this point I'm kinda lost as to what I'll invest in next. I don't want the mana cost of WCP to rise too much and the damage is lacklustre. I guess Forbidden Fruit or Q.E.D could be used; or I could just invest in Purity to get more magic resistance.

Still; I'm nearing Phantasm Mode.

Yet I'm still using the Lunarian Sword from Normal Act 5 that I have because none are dropping

When fully buffed my damage range is about 1318~1723 now [Atago Aura]; but the bulk of my damage comes from a 17% change to proc Deep Vortex; and a 17% chance to proc Perfect Freeze on Striking now.

Edit:

Did some gambleing and finally managed to get some better equips; including a P-level Lunarian sword; which I added 3 sockets to and made a runeword 'SaNaE'.

However I have no idea what this runeword actually does. It didn't add anything to the item description. Since adding it when in combat the screen sometimes goes dark and I seem to teleport somewhere random nearby.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 02:36:11 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #454 on: December 18, 2013, 07:00:46 AM »
Yo just started playing this mod. Gotta say its kinda good. if any one wants to play let me know .

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #455 on: December 18, 2013, 07:40:56 PM »
Runewords have to be made in white items. Game engine limitation, go use the recipe to get your runes back.

« Reply #456 on: December 19, 2013, 02:56:16 AM »
Any pictures of this? Maybe NPCs?
Does it have custom music or anything?

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #457 on: December 19, 2013, 06:15:13 AM »
Any pictures of this? Maybe NPCs?
Does it have custom music or anything?
I made a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-GqOZX8KvY
<3

Keep in mind that video is an older version.
- All npcs are replaced with certain monsters now. Depending on who the npc is.
Custom music on the main screen is yes. :V Though I know there could be thought put into which maps have what songs, (and boy are there enough touhou songs), I don't know how the in-game audio is put into it. I'd love to plan every song for every area, but that's a LOT of areas..

Edit :
I was planning on making an inspirational video pretty soon, I just.. too busy with other things and games and this and that and... FOK RQ :colonveeplusalpha: Dunno when I'll start working on it, but once I get a bunch of decent items for some of my chars, yeah.. going for it. Who knows how long THAT'll take.

- Edit'd because I accidentally the English language
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:17:40 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #458 on: December 19, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »
The older versions only had music for the intro screen because adding music makes the mod huge and my connection back in South Africa was too bad to do that kind of uploading. I think I'll have no problem uploading something big where I am now. So perhaps we can get new areas music when I get around to updating again.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #459 on: February 27, 2014, 02:39:03 AM »
Temporary back from the dead \o/

I have about 3 days of leave from work. Instead of relaxing, I'm feeling extremely productive. So picking up from where I left off since I last worked on this, I'll be trying to get an update out before my next shift at work. Partial changelog for the things to come, subject to change as I refamiliarise myself with how to do this all again.

General
Magic affix ordering cleaned up.
Phantom Kensei renamed to Lunarian Kensei.
Documentation updated.
Lunatic and Phantasm versions of Bonus Fragment recipes added.
Subterranean Animism side area given Bonus Fragment and Bonus Piece drop bias.
Unidentified Flying Object side area given Runes, Jewelery and gold drop bias.

Oni Brawler
-

Voile Fairy
Magic Sign "Stardust Reverie" damage synergy increased.
Light Blast "Shoot the Moon" damage synergy increased.
Unsealed Magic "Open Universe" overlay adjusted.
Immortal "Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix-" remade.

Spirit Hermit
Optics "Optical Camouflage" description calculations corrected.
Tornado "Indication to the Divine" mana scaling increased.
Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance" description corrected.

Youkai Hunter
-

Lunarian Kensei
-

Human Miko
Dream Battle "Illusionary Moon" calculation references corrected.
Revival "Game of Life" remade.

Kasha Warlock
-

Items
Fixed set items crafting recipe.
Removed runewords that required 4 or more socket shields.
Sun Sign "Royal Flare" removed from proc effects.
Oskill magic affixes added.
Fantasy Aegis proc rate reduced.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #460 on: February 27, 2014, 07:52:05 AM »
Cool. Royal Flare in particular had a very nasty habit of... uh... killing the game as well as everything it touched. [I'm finding that some other proc combos can also cause heavy lag when they proc too much at once, but this is probobly more Rabies Bite procing at insane speed combined with the number of projectiles from Thunder Drum Shot and Butterfly Delusion.]

Generic example of what would happen during a run in EoSD:
Use Rabies Bite.
Rabies Bite ticks proc effects, eventually proccing Royal Flare.
Royal Flare itself procs more effects, includeing Royal Flare
The enemy literally explodes into about 50 stacks of Royal Flare, while I'm spamming about as many waves of TDS and Butterfly Delusion
The game starts to move at 0.01 FPS for a while, the sound bugs, and sometimes it outright crashes.

On the plus side this meant I could tag a single mob then kite and they would explode and take everything with them, good for a melee build on Phantasm. On the downside, the game often got taken with them too.

Gotta say other than Royal Flare best offensive proc I've found is Deep Vortex.

Now, back to figureing out how to get past Shizuhara in MoF so I can try and get a Momiji charm. [Her army of Spines kills me before I even get near, and if I do hit one of them I die immediately afterwards]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:00:11 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #461 on: February 27, 2014, 12:27:57 PM »
I always tell people to take the lift, not the stairs on MoF.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #462 on: February 27, 2014, 01:18:08 PM »
I always tell people to take the lift, not the stairs on MoF.

There's a lift what?

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #463 on: February 27, 2014, 02:15:45 PM »
Don't forget to remove weapon restriction for summoning Kanako. I've literally been waiting all my life for my Voile Fairy to be actually be able to make use of the runeword.

Also, the fire from royal flare  counts as a strike (I think) causing things that has a chance to cast on strike to cast a lot. Please don't remove this, it's too awesome to be removed.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #464 on: February 27, 2014, 02:27:28 PM »
Don't forget to remove weapon restriction for summoning Kanako. I've literally been waiting all my life for my Voile Fairy to be actually be able to make use of the runeword.

Also, the fire from royal flare  counts as a strike (I think) causing things that has a chance to cast on strike to cast a lot. Please don't remove this, it's too awesome to be removed.

Several spells count as strikes, I think any that carries weapon damage can proc. Royal Flare is being removed as a PROC. So you don't end up with Royal-Flare nukes which multiple a hundredfold, and either kill anything in half a second or kill your game.

Basically you won't be able to find 'x% chance to cast Royal Flare'

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2014, 02:30:57 PM »
The big issue with the proc on procs spam is the way I went about trying to buff melee builds. Incorporating weapon damage into the skill effects was probably not such a great idea but it does seem to be a feature of the mod now. I've increased the influence of stat points on weapon damage and removed a lot of mana cost scaling for melee skills in the next update. What this should encourage is that a melee build puts no points in Bombs and focuses on Power/Graze. It's entirely possible to run without any points in Lives already so I feel there should be an incentive to put your stat points into your base damage from weapons.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »
Procs are cool, procs on procs on procs, especially Royal Flare in particular, was not.

But yeah, more weapon damage to improve the 'scaleing' of weapon-based trees helps out a lot. Rabies Bite was like, 36k+ damage, while a large physical based nuke would be lucky to hit 1000.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
I'm looking into significantly buffing the base damage of weapons so that there's better scaling between tiers. For example Byakuren scroll weapon current damage versus buffed damage:
min   max
18   23
25   32
36   45
51   63
70   87
99   124

min   max
18   23
28   35
43   54
66   82
98   122
149   186

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2014, 03:58:31 PM »
And with the additional influence of power on damage this should hopefully really help out weapon-damage trees like Nazrin, Chen, and Brawler/Kensei in general. In fact the Eirin, Nitori and Shizuhara trees I think are also good benefactors outside the two obvious class trees.

Because with how hard things hit and how much HP things in Phantasm in particular, swinging a weapon seems to not achieve anything.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 04:03:12 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2014, 04:18:22 AM »
Ver 1.02 - 182097kb - 02-03-2014

General
Magic affix ordering cleaned up.
Phantom Kensei renamed to Lunarian Kensei.
Documentation updated.
Lunatic and Phantasm versions of Bonus Fragment recipes added.
Subterranean Animism side area given Bonus Fragment and Bonus Piece drop bias.
Unidentified Flying Object side area given Runes, Jewelery and gold drop bias.
Music added to some areas.
Installation instructions added to changelog.

Oni Brawler
Oni Sign "Massacre on Mt. Ooe" mana cost reduced and mana scaling removed.
Ghost "Sinker Ghost" mana scaling removed.
Shackles Sign "Shackles a Criminal Can't Take Off" mana scaling removed.
Four Devas Arcanum "Knock Out In Three Steps" mana cost reduced and mana scaling removed.
Buriallusion "Phantasmic Killer" mana scaling reduced.

Voile Fairy
Magic Sign "Stardust Reverie" damage synergy increased.
Light Blast "Shoot the Moon" damage synergy increased.
Unsealed Magic "Open Universe" overlay adjusted.
Immortal "Fire Bird -Flying Phoenix-" remade.
Electric Sign "Thunder Drum Shot" number of shots scaling reduced and capped.

Spirit Hermit
Optics "Optical Camouflage" description calculations corrected.
Tornado "Indication to the Divine" mana scaling increased.
Squall "Sarutahiko's Guidance" description corrected.
Wilted Path "Lost Windrow" mana cost description fixed, mana cost reduced and mana scaling removed.
Leaf Sign "Falling Leaves of Madness" mana scaling decreased.

Youkai Hunter
Unidentified "Rainbow UFO Invasion of Terror" mana cost description fixed and mana scaling reduced.
Monster Train "Spare Umbrella Express Night Carnival" description corrected and mana cost and scaling decreased.
Umbrella "Super-Water Repelling Bone-Dry Monster" mana cost and scaling decreased.
Shikigami Sign "Pentagram Flight" mana scaling removed.
Oni God "Rumbling Jikoku-ten" mana scaling removed.
Direction Sign "Kimontonkou" mana scaling removed.
Search Sign "Rare Metal Detector" mana cost reduced and mana scaling removed.
Search Sign "Gold Detector" mana cost reduced and mana scaling removed.
Treasure "Gold Rush" mana cost reduced and mana scaling removed.

Lunarian Kensei
Obsessor "Slash of the Eternity" scaling corrected.
Hell Realm Sword "200 Yojana in 1 Slash" mana cost reduced and mana scaling removed.
Deva God Sword "Components of Konpaku" mana cost reduced and mana scaling removed.
Q.E.D. "Ripples of 495 Years" number of shots capped, mana cost increased and mana scaling removed.
Taboo "Forbidden Games" mana scaling removed.

Human Miko
Dream Battle "Illusionary Moon" calculation references corrected.
Revival "Game of Life" remade.
Magic "Magic Butterfly" mana scaling reduced.
Tiger Sign "Hungry Tiger" mana cost reduced.
Jeweled Pagoda "Radiant Treasure Gun" mana cost and scaling reduced.

Kasha Warlock
Death Sign "Scythe of Final Judgement" mana cost and mana scaling decreased.

Items
Fixed set items crafting recipe.
Removed runewords that required 4 or more socket shields.
Sun Sign "Royal Flare" removed from proc effects.
Oskill magic affixes added.
Fantasy Aegis proc rate reduced.
Special drops from side areas expanded to be droppable from common mobs within the respective areas.
Power and Graze influence on weapon damage increased.
Base weapon damage increased.

===================

Download link: Lord of Maidens v1.02

Installation instructions
1. Back up the patch_d2.mpq file from your game directory.
2. Replace it with the patch_d2.mpq provided with this archive.
3. Create a shortcut to your game.
4. Open the properties of the shortcut and add to the target line [-direct -txt], exclude the square brackets.
5. Run the game via the shortcut.

The mod will need to be run in -direct -txt mode otherwise you won't get to enjoy all the music I've put in the mod.

For the general news, it's only minor attempts at fixing the glaringly broken stuff that wasn't working properly. Melee buffing was done broadly so some builds will get more out of it than others. As previously mentioned, this was largely all I can do in my 3 days off from work with much of the time spent wondering what my mod notes meant. It's a small start but it will ultimately help me get back into working on this more regularly.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #470 on: March 02, 2014, 11:19:57 AM »
Right, time to level up a Yuugi/Suika combo and knock some things out.

Because if there's any build that's gonna test if weapon damage-based skills actually do damage now, it's a Yuugi build with Knockout in 3 Steps.

That and I plan to combine it with Deep Fog to be able to leap around while invulnerable. MIGHT HELP DEAL WITH A CERTAIN AKI.

On another note; I ran around with my Kensei to see weapon scaleing, and I found a Phantasm small bow with +17 to Mystic Sign: Table Turning. I've only ever seen items with +1, let alone +17. Did you increase this Pesco or am I just bad at finding skill props?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 11:41:27 AM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #471 on: March 02, 2014, 11:48:30 AM »
You're just bad at making sacrifices to the RNGod

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #472 on: March 02, 2014, 03:59:07 PM »
You're just bad at making sacrifices to the RNGod

Nuffle dislikes me.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #473 on: March 03, 2014, 01:43:51 AM »
WELP, time to try new things! :V

Also, introduced another person to LoM. He keeps mentioning stuff in the mod similar to MedianXL. Inspiration or coincidence?

Yeah, I'm not dead. Also the wiki should be updated to the current 1.02 release. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Lord_of_Maidens

Edit : Flying Phoenix doesn't seem to crash anymore. I'll give it some more testing and see if it's main-able. It looks completely badass.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 01:54:01 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #474 on: March 03, 2014, 03:09:01 AM »
Man so much stuff to update. Maybe doing a bit of the wiki at a time could fit in my off time from work than me trying to do more on the mod for a while.

Trufax: It's been so long that I don't even remember what I changed Flying Phoenix to.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #475 on: March 03, 2014, 07:14:32 AM »
Logging on JUST to post about the song. THAT song. Just killed Reimu on Sakuya w/ said friend in previous post. Fight was EPIC. Died twice. Main character op. (Don't nerf, fight was win)
Friend : "Oh, I like how you posted that you died twice but didn't say anything about me never going below 25% health"

The sole reason I am here is because the music, while fitting (because it's her theme) did not match the fight. Intense fight with non-intense music, we both agreed. I was basically oneshotting everything all the way up to her (or close enough), and just that fight with Reimu alone took around 10 to 15 minutes from the first hit to when she died. It lasted longer than any other fight in the game. I totally dig it.

I humbly ask and suggest this song : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJtKdqbdtbE (don't know how to embed fml)
(also, I can send high quality song if needbe, the quality of that is horribad)

Edit : Two things. First, some caves in act 1 have no changed music, just default Diablo music. Not really sure what to suggest for this, but I'm sure you're aware. I didn't listen to music till I got to Act 3 (forgot), so I have to go back and listen to it all. Act 5 has a few places with music that the genre matches but the theme doesn't.
I would probably suggest..
Snow maiden's land : Yuuka's theme
Hakurei Field : ? (maybe reimu's stage theme or her PC98 theme)
Border of ice / Chilled Road : Cirno's theme? (or possibly Letty's)
Letty's Domain : Obviously Letty's theme
Poltergeist's Stream : Cirno's theme (boss fight type)
Hakurei Border Level 1/2 : I half expected a theme of Reimu here, but got Marisa + Reimu combo instead. Not bad.
Hakurei Border Level 3 / boss fight : Expected a pure Marisa theme here, full boss fight theme genre. Also she was disappointing compared to Reimu's fight but I'm not sure how to change the battle to be more interesting.

When I heard youmu's theme at the beginning of Act 5, I lol'd. The genre matched but the theme didn't. Then I lol'd even harder at the natural D2 music in the ice caves. I then lol'd even more at Youmu's theme again in Letty's Domain. I half expected to finish Hakurei Border and hear Youmu's them AGAIN fighting Marisa. Sort of disappointed there, but obviously so.

I'll do a bit more listening in the next few days to week or so, probably be able to give more ideas on music / genre / theme, or even individual soundtracks that would likely fit. I'm not demanding anything, mind you, but just giving ideas / suggestions for whenever you get around to editing the game again. I can easily supply music tracks, but I don't know your personal limits and/or views on this so I'll await your answer before going into more details.

Edit 2 : Friend : "Did you forget about the Remilia crashing?" "oh fu-"
Yeah, so Remilia in the EoSD normal difficulty crashes the game. I don't believe it's her passive fire attack. We don't know if it's her melee attack, her rush move being used while directly next to you, or what. First time it just crashed him, the next time it crashed both of us. We both got the crash, so it might have hit him first because it would have said 'Host has left the game' if I crashed before he did. I'm not sure about latency and/or delay between our computers and the Skype call etc. That's something to look into.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:54:43 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #476 on: March 03, 2014, 11:13:58 AM »
Edit 2 : Friend : "Did you forget about the Remilia crashing?" "oh fu-"
Yeah, so Remilia in the EoSD normal difficulty crashes the game. I don't believe it's her passive fire attack. We don't know if it's her melee attack, her rush move being used while directly next to you, or what. First time it just crashed him, the next time it crashed both of us. We both got the crash, so it might have hit him first because it would have said 'Host has left the game' if I crashed before he did. I'm not sure about latency and/or delay between our computers and the Skype call etc. That's something to look into.

Strange, never seen this happen.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2014, 12:10:38 PM »
In theory there's 40 or so slots for music, enough for every area to have an unique song. In practice, it didn't work. I didn't have music selected for the cave areas in act 1 as they would all get the same bgm by the game's natural design. The suggestions for music are welcome and I will consider them. For now I've only gone with mostly dBu and xi-on stuff because I think they're universally agreed as good.

Remilia crash is likely a multiplayer desync. The game was never designed or tested for multiplayer. The only way for me to take care of such issues would be to have 2 computers and play both as my own testing.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #478 on: March 03, 2014, 07:01:14 PM »
Actually EoSD Remilia used her Heart Break on me and it crashed playing solo at one point.

Nice to see sets are fixed. Some sets seem a lot more useful than others. Example being the Flandre set, which gives Crushing Blow, Critical, massive damage, Lifesteal and heal on strike... [Not found Eye Core yet]. On the other hand the Cirno set is pretty bad in general, especially when you have the Charm.

I was also able to actually clear EoSD fully with help of a bow with +20something to Red Cloak Blue Cloak, allowing me to buff up all my resists, combined with getting a belt drop with a chance to proc The World, and my weapon giving a chance of Missing Power, which bolsters my defense to 100k+ [Especially since I have Cold Divinity and 88 Cold Resist so I get about 4,000 from that.]

I'm now searching for what charms and sets have as procs. Got most of EoSD [Havng the charms for Cirno, Meiling and Sakuya, as well as having a Deaf to All but the Song drop there too for some reason]

On another note; Deep Fog Labyrnth's mana cost at higher ranks is absurd. Especially for a Brawler. I think it was around 950 mana at Lv 19 the effect this sword I found had. Admittedly it was quite a long duration of invunrabilty, but a Brawler ain't gettin that much mana easily. [However this sword has found it's way into my storage for if I play a caster]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 07:03:25 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #479 on: March 03, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »
Boo Remilia is lame :/

The procs on set items are more sane as I set those before I went full retard with proc affixes. Some sets are meant to be useful, while only a few were made knowing they wouldn't as cool. The charms are OP. Sounds like the recipe works so enjoy them.