Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223414 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.01
« Reply #420 on: September 29, 2013, 02:01:06 AM »
Phantasm QuestRemilia has a special rune drop. She can drop the 6 rare runes if you're lucky.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #421 on: September 29, 2013, 02:12:39 AM »
I'm.. currently at a standpoint where it's not actually difficult to continue further into the game or level higher, but it is difficult to keep gold when trying to fund six characters. (91 Reimu, 78 Marisa, 77 Okuu, 66 Mokou, 22 Remilia, and 7 Flandre) Not currently training my 24 Tewi. (She'll get lucky later.)

I find myself trying to get higher level items from the side areas, but my highest level character doesn't get a lot of gold (Reimu), Mokou has all my magic find (904%) but she's just starting Lunatic difficulty so can't do the side areas that actually drop the [X] and [P] items that I would be selling to make money. ([L] sell for some, but only decent rares and really good magics)

Buying resurrections for my merc at level 85 for Reimu costs 50k every time she dies, so it's difficult. When trying to do Lunatic EoSD on Reimu, I got my ass handed to me by Patchouli (immune to magic), which is again, my fault for going full Reimu build, but was really irritating when right after I got my merc for 50k, I didn't put money in storage then got swarmed and when trying to go back to get the rest of my money, they mad rushed me. It was pretty terrible. I had to run Normal Danmaku Archers and sell a decent amount of items to get around 800k. Threw that into buying some P gloves/shoes for Mokou. Ended up being godly for Marisa (gloves have +3 Master Spark/ shoes have 9x Danmaku). Both had Misfortune skills, so it was completely useless to wear on Mokou anyway.

At least some good came out of bankrupting on Reimu. I'm planning to level Mokou all the way up to late Lunatic and running that respective Danmaku Archers when I get low on money. She's pretty tanky, so it's not extremely difficult to run outside, but I know DA will be exponentially harder. I may even get.. gasp!.. the rare runes from Phantasm quest Remilia. :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #422 on: September 29, 2013, 02:18:43 AM »
Money is being put to use and I am quite happy with that.

On my own playtesting saves, I had amassed around 22 million in the shared stash. I'm sitting with about 14 million left now.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #423 on: September 29, 2013, 02:30:54 AM »
Money is being put to use and I am quite happy with that.
Yeah, I completely applaud you for creating this scenario which holds a large gold sink. It's definitely a good thing for the mod.

On my own playtesting saves, I had amassed around 22 million in the shared stash. I'm sitting with about 14 million left now.
Now, that... that's impressive. How do you get 22 million in shared stash if it maxes at 2.5 million? I've come close to 2m, but good lord. You've played this mod for a long long time, haven't you?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #424 on: September 29, 2013, 02:37:10 AM »
There's no limit on the shared stash. I had just kept dumping whatever I picked up during my playtests during development.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #425 on: September 29, 2013, 03:30:07 AM »
I wish there were auto-pickup money plugins for D2.

That aside, what do you mean by "Non-set quality of set item" in the documentation ?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #426 on: September 29, 2013, 04:00:07 AM »
A completely different base item that is meant to exist only as a set item. The game may drop one of those as a white or blue item in areas that are high level enough.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #427 on: September 29, 2013, 04:10:09 AM »
I wish there were auto-pickup money plugins for D2.
That aside, what do you mean by "Non-set quality of set item" in the documentation ?
Agree @ autopickup.

Non-set quality of items means the base items the sets are made from. They're not the same as what you normally find, and are built specifically for the set. Thanks for implementing them, by the way. That's pretty cool.

Also, @Pesco, If you have Mokou's Flying Phoenix on the left click button, you're unable to go into the sewers entrance on the riverside, but CAN enter through the street. If you remove it, though, you can enter there.

The Krve

« Reply #428 on: September 29, 2013, 04:15:17 AM »
Excellent. So when I hold alt how can I identify them? I'm doing Reimu runs on Lunatic right now.  :3
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 05:12:48 AM by The Krve »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #429 on: September 29, 2013, 04:22:54 AM »
Also, @Pesco, If you have Mokou's Flying Phoenix on the left click button, you're unable to go into the sewers entrance on the riverside, but CAN enter through the street. If you remove it, though, you can enter there.

And then it was all your fault that we can't have Flying Phoenix on left button anymore :V

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #430 on: September 29, 2013, 05:42:36 AM »
Off topic, I fucking hate my keyboard right now. I scroll down with my mouse to see the posts on the page, and my keyboard has shift stuck (even though the key isn't even pressed), and I lose everything I wrote. So close to breaking it in half right now. May as well use the one I've used for the past 11+ years since that one doesn't even fail this bad.

Excellent. So when I hold alt how can I identify them? I'm doing Reimu runs on Lunatic right now.  :3
They have a name that's different from any other item like it. You'll know it when you see it, or you should anyway. I found a Yuuka umbrella in ver 0.90, and don't think it had [P] or anything on it at all. It was a unique name, and stood out so much I actually asked Pesco about it in the test thread.

And then it was all your fault that we can't have Flying Phoenix on left button anymore :V
Hahahahahahaha.. Hey, hey, that doesn't stop you from changing the skill just for a single second, or using hotkeys to change it to something else just to go into the portal. Next you'll be blaming me for why we won't be able to use Flying Phoenix at all because the game crashes when it teleports you inside an enemy or into an area you're not supposed to go. xD

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #431 on: September 29, 2013, 08:15:30 AM »
On the topic of money, just go to Danmaku Archers Normal, and sell literally everything for between 500 and 10,000 gold each.

I don't even know how much gold I got from that, because it seems to cap whenever I withdraw it. [Something like 270,000+, and I know I had far, far more than that.]

Takes a bit of time to keep porting back, but worth it for money woes.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #432 on: September 29, 2013, 08:49:16 AM »
On the topic of money, just go to Danmaku Archers Normal, and sell literally everything for between 500 and 10,000 gold each.
Yeah, I do that.
I had to run Normal Danmaku Archers and sell a decent amount of items to get around 800k.

I get about approximately 33k average gold for selling a basically full inventory on Reimu. (minus when there aren't any single slot items) I don't remember if Mokou banks any more, but even though she does have that 900%+ magic find, it doesn't really raise the bar for items in normal since most of it won't even pass 4k in price, nevermind capping 10k.

Reimu's aura oneshots everything in Normal DA, so she's unbelievably effective in clearing the place. My problem is there's so. much. crap. on the ground, I can't see what's what. Hundreds of items everywhere from dozens of dead bodies in a small area. It takes me forever to npc all of that stuff, but I do supremely love the amount of support items you get. And by that I mean gems, jewels, class skill socketables, bonus fragments/peices, jewelery, runes.. all of those items even from the beginning of the game can mean something mid to late game. Endgame, maybe not for the early game rings and etc, but everything else for sure. I never end up selling any of that, though, and that's where most of the money would come from. (Ignoring jewelery) I know once I can run Danmaku Archers, and Imperishable Night on Lunatic with Mokou, my money problems will fall into oblivion. That's why I'm currently grinding Mokou as I type this. Level 71, end of Act 2.

I'm ok with LAN if anyone wants to join me, but I haven't used Hamachi in forever since it has given me serious problems in the past. I use Tunngle now, and I don't think I could have found a better replacement. I'd still have Hamachi up, but when I have both Hamachi and Tunngle installed at the same time, both of them completely negate the other, and if I manually give either one priority on network connection, both of them fail to function, fail to connect, and it's just a useless pile of 1s and 0s.

Edit :
Is the bonus for Phoenix's Tail for solid points on Rage supposed to be 1 damage reduction per rage level or 1 percent damage reduction per Rage level? When you only get 25 levels, that seems kind of pointless since once you start getting into act 2, 25 damage is a drop in the metaphorical bucket of piddly nothings.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 09:00:46 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #433 on: September 29, 2013, 10:01:33 AM »
1 point flat damage reduction per Rage stat point. Mokou gets to be loltank while the skill is up.

The Krve

« Reply #434 on: September 29, 2013, 10:43:28 AM »
Seems like Resistance sometimes doesn't add up correctly.

For example: I had 41% Fire resist on body armour, 34% from gloves and 70% from max level  "The Autumn Sky and a Maiden's Heart". Should be about 45% Fire resist but it showed up as 14% instead.

Thankfully chucking 5 red apples and Infinity into the cube fixed it (I think).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:45:00 AM by The Krve »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #435 on: September 29, 2013, 11:24:11 AM »
1 point flat damage reduction per Rage stat point. Mokou gets to be loltank while the skill is up.

Mokou : Good thing I have 16 points into Rage! :V I'm so loltank with that 16 damage difference.
Me : ..you can take about a dozen thousand damage in seconds, sometimes over a thousand just from one hit.. and 16 damage is.. loltank? Not even endgame yet. Wat. :wat:
Mokou : SHUTTUP I'M A TANK. IT WORKS BECAUSE REASONS.
Me : Right... Kay. You go and you tank that 16 damage. Sixteens allllll day. 1.6% less damage on only 1000, get some. ::)

Unless it has some magical hidden property that blizzard never told players about, I don't think I'll ever believe that stat isn't absolutely useless beyond level 15-20.

Seems like Resistance sometimes doesn't add up correctly.
For example: I had 41% Fire resist on body armour, 34% from gloves and 70% from max level  "The Autumn Sky and a Maiden's Heart". Should be about 45% Fire resist but it showed up as 14% instead.
Did you count negative % resists on higher difficulties, as well as any permanent positive resistance from the scroll given in act 5? If not counted, that may be your missing percentages. If you did, I'd vote either buffs from monsters, equips not showing up correctly, (using passive stats updater will make sure the numbers are all legit and counted), or a glitch that doesn't show the real values.

The Krve

« Reply #436 on: September 29, 2013, 12:38:46 PM »
I derped. I forgot about the resist penalties on nightmare. Was in Mayohiga when I looked at it. Updated it too.

But it looks like it isn't showing the real value anyway, so whatever  :V.

« Reply #437 on: September 29, 2013, 12:59:10 PM »
I am duoing through Lunatic right now with another as a Komachi and I have noted a couple things:
Scythe of Final Judgement can be shifted clicked and you can make pretty patterns with up to three of them. However they cost nothing and also do no damage, which is fine cause that would be bypassing the cooldown. It does make it a little pesky sometimes when I dont want to be in a mobs face so I use it a little ways away and I get lolnodamage version.
Another thing is that the one I duo with found a ring that procs Sun Sign "Royal Flare" on hit. Oh dear god.
I dont know whats happening when it procs, but I feel as if it is proccing off of itself, as it causes nigh unimaginable frames of lag. After a little bit of lag issues that eventually resolved (we didnt know what it was yet exactly but suspected) we go fight Wriggle. Proc fires (indeed!), engulfs Wriggle and the game grinds to a halt. All you would see for that stretch of time was Wriggle occasionally being surrounded by fire every few minutes and her life drop some. I got D/Ced eventually but it was about a half an hour apparently before she died.
As a random note, the number of unique Goheis and Brooms we've seen would be enough to choke a cat.  :V

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #438 on: September 29, 2013, 01:43:53 PM »
I don't want to have to give up on the flashy spells :ohdear:. Every time there's something I don't know how to fix, I've just remade it. In theory, I don't understand why the game would lag on Royal Flare since it's functionally Immolation Arrow from vanilla with the arrow sprite changed to a fireball.

The mod is far from perfect but I just can't give an update right now.

« Reply #439 on: September 29, 2013, 04:16:44 PM »
I've poked a little at Royal Flare in one of my fevered alt attempts;  it behaved perfectly fine as a spell one casts normally as far as I could tell. Why it acts as suspected with a proc, no idea.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #440 on: September 29, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »
I'm guessing Yuyuko's Degen Aura is a 1 point wonder, seeing as it gets something like 3~4 mana/sec more each rank, but only gains 10 degen.

Yet the 1 Spirit = 1 Degen doesn't care what rank the skill is. I can see it getting to 1000+ degen [Therefor irresistible] per second lategame easily. That said idk if 1,000 degen per sec is anything really on Phantasm.

In other news Reimu got Butterflied about as fast as Sanae. Although she never used needles to mow through my Skeles like butter, she still killed the 3 melee skeles before she died.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #441 on: September 30, 2013, 03:42:27 AM »
Got another crash using Mokou's Flying Phoenix.

I didn't teleport into an enemy, didn't teleport into an area I couldn't walk, I simply teleported across the river in act 3.. and got Unhandled Exception: Unknown Exception (e06d7363). I previously thought it was was being inside something, or an area the game didn't like, but.. this is just weird. Isn't the skill built on teleport so your merc can teleport with you inside them? That shouldn't crash the game since mercs didn't crash the game with vanilla teleport.

Log file tells me
21:54:58.744  --------  FILE:     LINE: 1437  --------
Halt
Expression : Unrecoverable internal error 6fb1eb30
I wish there was more than that to give you. Does anyone else get these crashes? If noone else gets the crash on the skill, it has to be something up with the drivers or whatnot I've got installed on my pc. I played from 6:46 to 9:54, so roughly a bit more than 3 hours. I don't normally crash unless this skill gets in my way. ::)

In other news, lv 78, mid act 3. The end of Lunatic... getting there. I can feel it.

Edit :
I won't lie, it was tough to do this. I love Flying Phoenix, and it's absolutely invaluable to me to be able to move from A to B and saving time, but after crashing at least 5 times in the past 20 minutes not including the one stated up there..

And you have to remember, I've stopped using Flying Phoenix as a main attacking skill since before I was level low 6x (I think 63?) because it crashes too often. Now I'm middle of level 79, and I'm accidentally clicking monsters, so instead of walking near them, I'm teleporting inside them and crashing. I've lost the entirety of 20 minutes of explored map, then crashed multiple times and lost all of the items, the map, and a majority of the experience I gained since I loaded the game each time.

It's really unfortunate. I really do love this skill, but I've had to completely reroll my stats and remove it from my used skillset entirely. I don't know if there's anything you can do with that skill, (or if you plan to do anything with it), but I can't use it anymore. I love it so much, but I lose too much, too often for it to be useful in the field.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 05:38:23 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #442 on: September 30, 2013, 07:48:51 AM »
On a side note, it seems Amulets with Yorihime's Lightling Aura give Enlightenment instead of Purity.

The Krve

« Reply #443 on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »
Really now, Ya/Yu/Yo can't be made via cubing?  :sigh:.
Finding these is going to be irritating as hell.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #444 on: October 04, 2013, 01:49:26 PM »
Game would be too easy otherwise.

The Krve

« Reply #445 on: October 04, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »
I know I know. Still I already have Yu and Yo.
Yukari Yakumo is only for shields right?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #446 on: October 04, 2013, 02:20:25 PM »
Can't actually make them in shields anymore since shields don't get to have 6 sockets anymore.

The Krve

« Reply #447 on: October 04, 2013, 02:53:10 PM »
So the runeword is broken ? Or it still works on a body armour ?

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #448 on: October 04, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »
So the runeword is broken ? Or it still works on a body armour ?
The documentation says it's designed to work with shields, yet shields can't have 6 sockets anymore. I think this was changed when the update to sockets being based on tier instead of item level.

Granted, the change is good in the balance of 1 hand + 1sheild doesn't give you 9 sockets (as opposed to 6 sockets on a 2hand weapon), but since barbs can get 12 sockets dual wielding two 2hand weapons... I dunno. They can do cool (lolop) stuff like that.

What that means? If the rune word is still on 6 socket shields, you'll have to play version 1.00 to get a 6 socket shield that you want the rune word on, then move the character to your 1.01 installation. Keep in mind that the character probably cannot be moved back to 1.00 once used in a 1.01 environment with all of the items that run on the unlock system. You could possibly remove any items using the unlock system, but I don't know if that will grant it functionality on 1.00 or if there's more to it than that. Otherwise? Don't think the runeword itself is even possible to create unless Pesco changed it to work on armor in general (as opposed to only shields), or if it was always on armor and the documentation simply stated shields for fun.

I would recommend keeping backups of the character in it's entirety if you plan to experiment with this. If your character save becomes corrupted, you don't want to lose everything. Been there. Not fun.

Edit'd for clarification and grammar failure.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:44:51 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #449 on: October 04, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »
If the list says it works on body armour, then it should still be good there. All the shield runewords will need to be redone.

It's a necessary thing to fix but I really can't say for sure when I can get an update now. I'll be starting in my new job in Singapore next week and I might never have much time to work on this stuff again. I'll do what I can and let you guys know if I have a partial changelog to show progress with.