Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223427 times)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.01
« Reply #360 on: September 05, 2013, 03:43:43 PM »
...but poison is honestly pretty redundant when you hit as hard as I do  :/

You've obviously never had everything die before the first tick of poison even finishes.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #361 on: September 05, 2013, 04:02:38 PM »
You've obviously never had everything die before the first tick of poison even finishes.

Oh no, that's exactly what happens.

The first tick never starts

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #362 on: September 05, 2013, 04:33:19 PM »
Something you might want to note. QED is a melee attack. WCP can be spammed as a ranged attack iirc.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #363 on: September 05, 2013, 05:32:43 PM »
Oh no, that's exactly what happens.

The first tick never starts

Now, there's what you have, which is a bit of tacked on poison, and there's raw poison spells just killing things upon immediate contact. Try kasha sometime if you start up again, it's very different.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #364 on: September 06, 2013, 07:29:37 AM »
A fun thing about the Act V merc is that if he does proc Mountain Breaker it can easily sap 50% of Marisa's health and kill every living thing that is not a boss  :V.
That aside, I think the next patch should buff the uniques/have more uniques because the one we are having right now simply don't hold a candle against those late game rares.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #365 on: September 06, 2013, 07:37:24 AM »
The term 'unique' is really misleading as uniques are the least unique items in the game. The rarity does not determine the quality. Rares are better because they are truly unique. You'll never find the same item that rolls the exact same set of magic mods twice. There's no need to buff them because not all items were created equal.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #366 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »
Something you might want to note. QED is a melee attack. WCP can be spammed as a ranged attack iirc.

I can't use WCP as a ranged attack since I have it on leftclick so that I can maintain my auras on right and easily switch to 'attack' to save mana.

The term 'unique' is really misleading as uniques are the least unique items in the game. The rarity does not determine the quality. Rares are better because they are truly unique. You'll never find the same item that rolls the exact same set of magic mods twice. There's no need to buff them because not all items were created equal.

I dunno, I found a Unique belt in Act 2 Normal and it's still the best I've found.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #367 on: September 06, 2013, 07:42:46 AM »
I can't use WCP as a ranged attack since I have it on leftclick so that I can maintain my auras on right and easily switch to 'attack' to save mana.

Hold shift to focus.

I dunno, I found a Unique belt in Act 2 Normal and it's still the best I've found.

ITT Raikaria touched Momiji's fluffy tail.

The Krve

« Reply #368 on: September 06, 2013, 07:49:52 AM »
Oh
lol

Off-topic a bit, but IIRC, magic simply bypass defense and will do true damage to anything that doesn't have resistances or absorb right?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #369 on: September 06, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
Defense only determines chance to be hit. All spells/projectiles have a 95% chance to hit (on condition the hitboxes connect). Damage reduction is only affected by resistances.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #370 on: September 13, 2013, 12:27:56 PM »
Getting towards the end of A1 Lunatic, and now my build is starting to struggle a bit. Even the Kedamas are taking multiple hits to kill, I'm dying quite a bit [Specifically to multi-enchanted foes, I can't have two auras up at once], and I'm pretty reliant on 'Chain Reactions' [Which has now added Bow of Izuna to the chain reaction] to quickly kill off things. Worse still, I'm not really getting big boosts in power now. I've maxed out Izunome now, and I'm working on Leavietinn to finish my Trio of Buffs, but the increases in power are pretty small now, and it makes it clear just how much of my extra power wasn't coming from the buffs themselves, but the Purity boosting my auras.

Although it *is* hilarious to see my Attack Rating over 6,500 because I have so many Attack boosts from Rank 25 Izunome, Rank 25 Amaterasu, and Rank 6 Leavietinn.

I'm thinking of starting one character from each type, so I can flick between them to reduce burnout, with differing playstyles.

The problem is deciding what to do with each of them. I know I'm gonna run a Medicine for Fairy, and probobly some kind of tanky Yuuka-base for a Hermit, possibly with Minoriko's resist buff too to increase durability.

Hunter I'm leaning towards actually running a Meiling as the main build, possibly with some Kogasa simply for the stun attack and the base damages of the Parasoul to scale with Meiling's skills. Although running a Meat-Grinder Chen is tempting as well.

Miko I'll probobly go back to the Shou/Remi hybrid I was trying early. May go Hijiri/Reimu though.

Then we get to the two I don't really know that much about, and not tried too well. I know I won't be running Yuyuko, at least as a base, for Kasha, since Resurrection Butterfly has godawful AI, and a Hina/Komachi would just be an inverse of my current Kensei, debuffing enemies stupid amounts instead of buffing myself. There's Alice, but I can see one glaring issue with her: You need to actually manage to kill something first to use her abilities.

And when it comes to Brawler... I have no clue. I'd probobly main Ichirin/Yuugi... if they were compatable <_<.  Which baffles me, since Yuugi can wield two fists with ease, which works with King Kraken... not to mention Ichirin's core skill is even called 'Fists'. Doesn't sit well with me. I'd love my answer for everything to be APPLY FIST TO FACE, regardless of the situation or range.

May throw a Momiji in there just for I'MMA WOLF.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 12:30:54 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #371 on: September 13, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »
Character distribution between the classes were sometimes influenced by lolz rather than logic. Ichirin and Yuugi lock out each other btw.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #372 on: September 13, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »
Character distribution between the classes were sometimes influenced by lolz rather than logic. Ichirin and Yuugi lock out each other btw.

That's what I said. IF they were compatible. They're not. Which doesn't sit right with me because it just feels right to have the one with their skill named 'Fists' able to be used with the one who has fists as a weapon :V

That said it would probobly be stupid OP anyway to have Ichirin/Yuugi and decimate everything at every range with FISTS. Not to mention KKS with Storm on Mt.Ooe.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
  • LaserMari is not difficult ~☆
« Reply #373 on: September 13, 2013, 01:00:31 PM »
Miko I'll probobly go back to the Shou/Remi hybrid I was trying early. May go Hijiri/Reimu though.
That build was amazingly fun, minus the fact that I didn't get very far in it at all. Reimu's Evil-Sealing Circle aura is absolutely amazing. with a level 461 (28 core) Border, it dishes a decent 1128-1415 in damage at level 21 and keeps everything at bay. It'd be perfect for a long range based Remilia.

It's unfortunate that Fantasy Seal is so weak. Maxed out at 25 it only does 273-278 per ofuda. It's just barely under decent if you can put it under you, stand next to the center, and wait for a monster to walk up to you to stand over the center. Even then when all the bullets are hitting the monster at the same time, it's just not a good skill. On top of that, the MP cost being 385? Seriously? And the cooldown for it is right before the skill ends. I do notice there may or may not be a glitch where instead of it shooting out a single orb, it shoots 7 or 8 in a single direction. Maybe that's a hidden thing? or just broken? I dunno. It definitely needs more of that though. Either way, this skill should be more powerful than it is, even as a support skill, I don't see any reason why I would use it at all. You could drop the mp cost but it wouldn't solve anything but the MP burn. I'd probably suggest either increasing the damage or stripping the cooldown. Stripping the cooldown to even half of what it is would be an amazing balance for a few factors. It would still be a major mana burn so you'd have to go all-in into mana like I did, it would look unbelievably cool, and when you're in a bind and surrounded, this skill would be the choice, if not one of the best.

Edit : My Reimu's level 75. Lunatic Act 2 Makai quest so you know where I'm coming from on her.

There's Alice, but I can see one glaring issue with her: You need to actually manage to kill something first to use her abilities.
How did anyone every play skelemancers? You had to kill something to use his abilities. ::) I'll probably make an Alice later, and use the same exact tool they did in Vanilla. Go to act 1 and poke things on /players 1. if you cant do so without your summons, then you need to change your setup.

That said it would probobly be stupid OP anyway to have Ichirin/Yuugi and decimate everything at every range with FISTS. Not to mention KKS with Storm on Mt.Ooe.
You know.. you could probably get that combo you want if you stack items with the chance to use *skill* on attack, or striking, or whatnot. That's what I'll be trying. Stuffman once said that having multiple skills on attack/striking absolutely made this mod. Made it awesome. From what I've seen from that video posted, I can only imagine how awesome it will get later. I'd say go for it. 100%
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:02:51 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #374 on: September 13, 2013, 01:53:02 PM »
True, I could always just eventually find something with 'Lets you cast *Ichirin skill here*'. KKS might be redundant by that time due to Knockout in 3 Steps though. Cast on Striking would be a melee version, not the ranged, so meh to that.

And I know that On-Strike is dumb. World Creation Press with Aya's AoE Tornado on-hit proc. That leads to a huge chain reaction of tornadoes sometimes, as it procs off itself, and it's hilarious to just watch everything die as Tornado AoE's spew from two guys in a mob from WCP, and then four, and then they all die.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #375 on: September 13, 2013, 04:50:54 PM »
Shou/Remi hybrid
The fact that I didn't even notice it said Shou, and not Reimu means I'm blind as friggin dirt.

On-striking is complete and utter shenanigans when you have multiple skills that are not magic-oriented. Magical stuff doesn't actually proc anything on striking, never has. You can tell if it doesn't have accuracy when looking at your stat page. I don't know if Pesco broke that for the mod or not, or made skills that ignore this feature somehow. (how duh fuq u do dis? ???)

I don't actually know what skills do what since I haven't paid attention to which skills are magical or physical in nature, but once I do get to this point, I think literally creating a build full of skills that proc each other and just attacking once just to watch the whole damn room clear.. that's something I want to do.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #376 on: September 13, 2013, 05:07:48 PM »
Some general guidlines:

If it's a melee/ranged combat skill, it will carry weapon damage and can proc on attack and on hit effects.

Mokou's Woo and Iku's Thunder Drum Shot carry weapon damage and can proc on hit effects.

Silent Selene carries weapon damage and can proc on hit effects.

Shizuha's spells all carry weapon damage and can proc on hit effects.

Yuugi's Shackles does NOT carry weapon damage so it can't proc any effects.

Suika's Throwing Atlas carry weapon damage (I think) and can proc on hit effects.

There's more but I don't know all of them without checking.

« Reply #377 on: September 13, 2013, 08:22:01 PM »
Chain proccing is great and makes for neat looking danmaku battles, also once you have a nice gear set you can run around freely while new stuff keeps proccing, it's pretty fun (and can be pretty broken, but at least Sanae and Reimu will fight back if you try to chain them to death >:D).

Eirin's Game of Life makes a ton of procs go off, like, enough to lag the game enough to not render all projectiles if you hit a group of enemies (it seems to strike everything in the AoE every frame/tick for as long as the flames last).

I think Thunder Drum Shot is the best if you just want to mow everything down, it should regularly become self sustaining with like 2-3 pieces, which you should be able to buy or gamble on jewelry around act 4.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #378 on: September 13, 2013, 09:17:52 PM »
I wish Game of Life wasn't so OP :(. I'd have to rework the skill entirely to try and find a different way to do its effect.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #379 on: September 16, 2013, 06:38:19 PM »
I'm currently aware of either.. a text glitch or broken mechanic. The wiki states Dream Battle "Illusionary Moon" will gain chance to dodge as you level it up.

The problem I find lies in that.. does it? I don't think so. As soon as I put a point into it, I've been avoiding like mad, but my character makes no animation (pretty sure there was in Vanilla, could be wrong). Another problem is I hear the avoid sound she makes, and then she gets hit anyway. So that's a thing too.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 06:46:02 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #380 on: September 16, 2013, 07:04:54 PM »
There's also a text issue with Nitori's Optical Camoflage. The skill says it grants evade, then you read what the skill actually does:

+ Lightning Resist
+ Magic Find from Tech

:V

Although I guess if you teched up to Yuuka's stat boost and combined that with Minoriko's resist boost an evasion boost from Nitori would make you basically immortal. You could probobly just sit in Yuuka's lifesteal thing and tank everything forever.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:12:49 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #381 on: September 16, 2013, 11:29:07 PM »
The skilldesc calculation references might be wrong for Reimu's evasion skill since you shouldn't be getting that much dodge at level 6. Nitori's skilldesc is definitely still using the old references.

Edit: Anyone got opinions on the mercs? Act1 ice merc is more or less fine imo. Act1 fire merc already got the OP skill sorted out since I'm remaking GoL. I'm running an Act2 ESC merc alongside my Marisa and it's pretty strong. I haven't tested any of the other mercs yet.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:39:52 PM by Pesco »

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #382 on: September 18, 2013, 04:54:17 PM »
Anyone got opinions on the mercs? Act1 ice merc is more or less fine imo.
The ice one is who I'm running with on nearly everyone at the moment. The entire freeze thing is absolutly invaluable. Especially since it's not only mob freeze, but strafe too. If it was single target slow like vanilla, I wouldn't be using her. She's not overpowered, imo, though I am somewhat 'weaker' than her, I don't have a lot of stuff on Reimu and her skills are.. well.. you know. You built them.

The ice merc doesn't need to be carried, but she's not broken either. She dies sometimes if I don't look after her, even in /players 1, but she's a big girl and can take care of herself. I'll give the other mercs a go, and see what they do. I still swear up and down that healing potions do at least something to heal mercs. Dunno if it's in my head, but I swear they do.

Also, what's up with everyone having a face image now? xD Is this like a "change your image day!"? Do you guys do that? Or did you just decide to change them at a whim? Curious.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 04:58:04 PM by Bgrmystr2 »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #383 on: September 18, 2013, 06:32:26 PM »
Mr.Mayan had a birthday.

Anyway, I tend to play without mercs so I can't say too much. Act 1 fire is dumb. I think Act 2 should be OK, and if they're not it's auras they have in particular that are issues. No clue about Act 3 and Act 5. Act 3 may have a trouble merc or two with the Ice/Fire, seeing as they're a combo of Cirno/Letty and Mokou/Tenshi/I Forgot.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 06:34:06 PM by Raikaria »

The Krve

« Reply #384 on: September 19, 2013, 07:21:11 AM »
Act 5 merc excels at one thing : bursting. He is the middle ground between I and II while not as fast and tanky. If he procs Mountain Breaker he will eviscerate anything that is not an Act boss. Build him sturdy enough and he will be a menace.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2013, 12:55:15 AM »
Seems like all the mercs can kill stuff fine, especially the ones that scale off weapon damage. I think the caster act3 mercs should be fine too because their skill scaling is a bit better than the scaling of the original spellcards. When I have the time, I'll do the maths to let the mercs gain access to their higher level skills at more appropriate levels.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2013, 10:09:19 PM »
Act1 fire merc already got the OP skill sorted out since I'm remaking GoL.
Tried out Fire merc on Reimu. Holy fuck. That skill kicks ass, takes names, and facerolls harder than most anything I've ever seen.

Did an entire run of the River of Flames /players 8 with a level 79 fire merc. The Smith walked up and smashed her skull into her chest.. oneshot. Poor thing. After reviving her, we went back, and boy does hell hath no fury... twoshot the Smith. That's way more damage than she should be able to dish out. After watching her be amazing, though, I spent a few minutes afterwards just fighting one unique Megademon with a level 80 ice merc. I tried to literally let them solo and did not use the Evil-Sealing Circle Aura at all. The fire merc didn't need it at all, but the ice one sure as hell did. After keeping in mind that the monsters here are strong against fire damage, that just looks so bad for ice right now. It's not even fair.

After seeing what it's capable of, I don't even know if I WANT to go back to ice. It's so completely ineffective in comparison. I do know you probably want the Ice merc to be the go-to for balance instead of the fire one, which is totally cool, but good lord that fire merc.. just wow. xD

Edit :
Upon the fight with Reimu on Lunatic /players 8.. hot damn was that a battle. Monsters everywhere, burned about 250k gold to res my merc (of ice, mind you) five times over (49k+ each), and STILL had to kill Reimu when merc was dead. I even had to take all the points I had in my mana pool and dump it on life (and we're talking 352 stat points). At this point I could facetank basically anything she threw at me, but my money was running out, I was getting real low on potions, and I didn't have the damage output without merc to kill her. On top of that, without the mana pool, I couldn't use Fantasy Seal to do any extra damage at all (as miniscule as it is, it's still damage). Ended up with just above 120k gold or so after all of it, sold enough items to get to 213k including the cost of getting merc back again, and got bout 98% out of it. Just shy of 85.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:13:37 AM by Bgrmystr2 »

The Krve

« Reply #387 on: September 22, 2013, 01:29:33 AM »
Oh, and do look into the Access Violation error, will you?
It's bearable but really annoying.

Bgrmystr2

• is a lie
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2013, 01:53:11 AM »
Oh, and do look into the Access Violation error, will you?
It's bearable but really annoying.
When do you get this error message?

- If it's in the middle of the game, I'm not quite sure what causes this, and I can't replicate it either. It's happened MUCH less to me when I downgraded to 1.13c instead of 1.13d, but still happens once every couple blue moons (I guess). It's been a while since it happened, so I can't really say if it's fixed post 1.01.
- If it's after selecting a character and loading the game, it does that. You'd replicate this one by selecting a char, going into any difficulty, exiting the game, and doing it again. If you do it enough, eventually the game will have an error. Normally the game locks up and you can't alt tab to the error message, and/or it makes the error message have black covering it because of the game locking up, it causes the visual glitch so you can't see the message.
- It may or may not have something to do with not using PlugY. I haven't played the mod without PlugY since before I downloaded it, so.. yeah.
- Also may be something to do with Windows 7, running the programs as admin, etc.

If you want a rundown of how to make two separate installs for vanilla D2 and the Reimu II mod using one instance of installing Diablo 2, and/or need to know how to work PlugY with it, let me know. I've basically got it down to a science. ;)

The Krve

« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2013, 02:07:49 AM »
- If it's after selecting a character and loading the game, it does that. You'd replicate this one by selecting a char, going into any difficulty, exiting the game, and doing it again. If you do it enough, eventually the game will have an error. Normally the game locks up and you can't alt tab to the error message, and/or it makes the error message have black covering it because of the game locking up, it causes the visual glitch so you can't see the message.
This. Sometimes it happens immediately on the first time too.
I'm using PlugY and GlideFX (pretty sure Glide doesn't contribute to this) + Win7.
Big Mods like MedianXL doesn't suffer from this AFAIK.  :V