Author Topic: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.02  (Read 223406 times)

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Re: Reimu II: Lord of Maidens v1.01
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2013, 08:32:32 AM »
So I finally got the KaNaKoYaSaKa runeword in my armour. Got the skills and boosts and stuff and also carrying a SaNaE broom as well. Now what I'm having a problem with is figuring out why I can't summon Kanako.

Design oversight. You have to be holding a Sanae gohei to summon Kanako herpderp.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2013, 10:41:41 AM »
I just realized why I'm so dissapointed that Goheis are not good for thwacking.

I wanted to bop some people over the head with a Gohei,

Although I guess there's nothing STOPPING me from doing that for cherry-tapping anyway.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2013, 10:58:42 AM »
The unique version of the gohei is the only one that can remotely be used for hitting mobs.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #303 on: August 27, 2013, 11:03:48 AM »
The unique version of the gohei is the only one that can remotely be used for hitting mobs and hoping to achieve anything.

Fixed :3

Also does anyone want to do some kinda of co-op game? We can help each other out as we try silly things and laugh about it together. Would be a good excuse to try out some of the more supportive skill trees too, like Mystia or Minoriko.

Also I downloaded the PlugY thing, and it killed my save file. Oh well, I know what the Yorihime tree properly does now anyway, and how much of an impact it has on the damage you deal.

I'm probobly gonna give a Murasa Brawler a little test.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:18:30 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2013, 11:29:57 AM »
PlugY doesn't mess with your save file unless you did something wrong.

We can do co-op. What do you want to connect via?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2013, 11:42:05 AM »
Well I can't access them, they vanished.

I have Hamachi, I'm also on IRC now.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2013, 04:56:44 PM »
Well I can't access them, they vanished.

Check your Diablo II folder. PlugY may just be using a different folder for saves.

Design oversight. You have to be holding a Sanae gohei to summon Kanako herpderp.

Guess I'll just need to wait for the next update before I can get that summon. Maybe make it so she can be summoned when holding either the gohei or class specific weapon that mikos can't use so mikos still need to be using the Sanae gohei while other classes can just use their own class specific weapons.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2013, 05:04:49 PM »
It'll be easier to just remove the weapon restriction. If it has different conditions from the Miko skill, it has to be a separate skill. If I do it like that, then Mikos can equip the runeword and summon 2 Kanakos because they'd be from different skills.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »
Today I learnt a few things:

1: I'm dumb and was playing the game on the wrong version, leading to fun things like Keine not letting me reset skills.
2: I lag hard with Pesco
3: Yuuka vines r dumb, especially when you have 2.
4: Yuuka's 2nd skill is dumber. The AI is even dumber. I put down Yuuka's 2nd skill in a Kedama camp, one Kedama goes 'OOH SHINY'. THEY ALL ASPLODE. I guess this is somewhat balanced out by the fact Yuuka's final skill is just a passive boost. Her early skills are very useful.

Anyway, I've decided the best thing to do is make use of the shared inventory thing, and to stave off character fatigue of killing things the same way all the time, to run multiple characters at once to certain milestones, shareing the best loot.  The first milestone is the Rinnosuke rescue, with my Yuuka had reached. She found a Yellow Makai Scroll, Lv 15 Helm [How did I get that to drop while I was ~7?] and a Ring while doing so, as well as a couple of 'meh' yellow Axes/Giant Axes that are too restrictive on Strength to really be used.

I know I want to try some kind of Hijiri build, but I'm not sure exactly what type yet.
Other things I want to do include:
Letty build. May turn into a Letty Hybrid.
Aya build May be a hybrid.
Meiling+Nue hybrid
Some kind of Brawler, unsure which yet.
Some kind of Kasha, making use of Hina. Possibly Yamame/Hina.
A Tenshi build
Some sort of meat-grinder melee who smashes things. May be a Chen, or a Youmu, may be something a little different, may even turn out to be the Meiling/Nue, although that's more a 'All Range' idea I have.

====

EDIT: Started playing my Aya build, and finding it in particular great fun. I also discovered something completely by accident about the Kappa Cube. When I unlocked a Fan I had, I didn't realize that a Life Fragment that I'd picked up earlier was still in the cube. The two combined and I got a very, very good fan for a new character.

1-18 lightling damage is huge in Act1 Normal, and basically when a mob rushes at me I just go 'Nado' and they die.

Here's the weird thing, however. I've been running into quite a lot of champion packs, or packs with buffed monsters. I've even seen a few Ghostly spawns, which I usually didn't see until Human Village, at the Lake Trail.

Is monster spawn linked to your equipment or something?

EDIT2:

Just found this cap. I guess 'charges' means I can use the spell 2 times, but how do you 'recharge' it? I presume that's possible, seeing as it started 2/5.

Also why on earth is this character getting so many champion spawns, and so many good drops? This is like the 10th~12th yellow he's had already.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 04:39:00 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2013, 07:34:55 PM »
When you repair stuff, it gets recharged too.

Found myself a Fantasy Aegis shield, the precursor to all proc effects. 75% chance to cast Fantasy Seal on striking. There's quite an obvious problem with the item...

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2013, 08:21:50 PM »
Is it that you can't strike with shields? I noticed some have 'Smite damage 0 to 0'.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2013, 08:50:10 PM »
Vanilla Diablo had a skill that used the shield as a weapon. I removed that skill in LoM.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2013, 12:50:15 PM »
I've come to the conclusion after clearing Act 1 with an Aya build that I like melee/caster hybrids, who can fight from both longer and close ranges.

That said, I'm yet to try a real, 'true' caster yet. Or anything except an Aya Build that had me knowing what on earth to do with the regents.

I'm just cycling through Act 1 with various builds to get a flavor of them right now.

Also I keep finding rares for Fairies. I found a spellbook, a doll, and far too many helms. Most of them sucked.

Also, I found a Ghostly Wraith. Department of Redundancy must have made a visit.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 12:52:33 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2013, 01:32:56 PM »
We once found a Ghostly Ghost. It owned us.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »
Currently having some fun with a Nue build.

I'm not sure exactly what Nue *is*. On one hand, her skill build seems to be that of a tank, with Undefined Darkness boosting her defense and Red Cloak, Blue Cloak, as well as Unknown giving her extra Graze. Darkness and Unknown have synergy too, as Graze boosts your defense, which is further boosted by Darkness, and if you *do* get hit, you have Resist All.

On the other hand, Darkness also makes Nue more likely to hit, her weapon requires Strength, and she has Rainbow UFO, Danmaku Chimera and to top off the confusion, Bow of Izuna, a very mage-like spell. Red/Blue also gives Crushing Blow as a synergy bonus, and while IDK what Crushing blow actually DOES, that's a reason even for offensive Nue builds to pick it up.

I guess it's ironic that I can't understand if Nue is a tank, a caster, or some kind of DPS'er. She is, after all, Unknown. I guess Nue builds can be whatever playstyle you really want her to be, depending on who you're pairing her up with.

I am planning to make use of a couple of Meiling's skills for mobility in this build as well, probobly gonna end up buffing myself up with Darkness and Red/Blue, before jumping in with either Colorful Dance or Dragon Kick, and then using Chimera. I get the mental image of everything going dark, and then Nue leaping at people and butchering them. Terrifying.

Also, I image a pure tank Nue/Kogasa would be nearly immortal.

====

Also, a question, reading about crafting and everything:

If you put in an item with gems Jewels, with the aim of adding sockets, will you get the same item with sockets added, or a different item with sockets? Cause when I used a Regent on an item in the cube the item's bonuses themselves change.

Also are there better jewels than things like '1% bonus EXP' and '+1 XYZ'. They seem... underwhelming as socket options.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:53:59 PM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2013, 04:01:23 PM »
Adding sockets won't affect the base item.

The early jewels are mostly fodder for making sockets. Any socketable with +exp is nice if you want to use it for the exp gain or just to sell for a quick boost of gold. Jewels from about level 60 onwards become very strong.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #316 on: August 29, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »
Out of more curiosity than anything I stuck a Snake Trident in with 4 bomb fragments, because I got a buttload in one trip out of town [I also got 3 Hakurei Seals in one trip 0_o]

The result was a rare that deals 51~64 poison damage over 4 seconds, with bonus damage and a little bit old cold damage for good measure, basically allowing me to flick on Darkness, and poke every enemy once for them to die, since this build is still in Act 1. I hope to save up the two fragments needed to give +Nue stuff to items, and the other two can happily be used for crafting STUFF.

I can imagine it as the lights go out, and you feel a light tap. Then you feel awful and die, foaming at the mouth. I like imagining the victim's deaths :V

Also I answered my own question about the Jewels shortly after you answered Pesco. I crafted a Jewel and got a Lv24 requirement Orange, named Jewel ;v

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #317 on: August 29, 2013, 04:57:19 PM »
Good to have confirmation that crafted jewels come out a different colour. I intended it that way.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »
And then I craft a trash jewel which still has a Lv 24 Req [+1 light, +2 Graze], and find out I can't craft the jewel until I reach Lv 24.

Guess if I want to add sockets before then, I need dropped jewels.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #319 on: August 29, 2013, 05:21:44 PM »
You can add sockets whenever you like. The level requirement is on the item you use not the jewel that gets used up.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #320 on: August 29, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »
You can add sockets whenever you like. The level requirement is on the item you use not the jewel that gets used up.

Then something's wrong, because when I put my rare Trident I made in with the Lv 24 Jewel, nothing happens.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #321 on: August 29, 2013, 07:25:28 PM »
If it already has sockets then you can't add more.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #322 on: August 29, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
If it already has sockets then you can't add more.

It has 0.

EDIT: Found the issue, when you add sockets you have to max them out, so I had to use 2 jewels. Not just 1 for 1 socket.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:45:26 PM by Raikaria »

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #323 on: August 29, 2013, 08:09:48 PM »
It has 0.

Try using two or more jewels instead of just one. A friend of mine once reported being unable to add sockets with only one jewel. I don't know personally however as I don't believe I ever tried adding just one socket.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #324 on: August 29, 2013, 10:53:20 PM »
Is there a list of possible runewords ?
And about act 2 mercs, should I get Nightless Castle or Evil Sealing Circle ? Iʹm Yuuka/Utsuho.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #325 on: August 29, 2013, 11:09:38 PM »
Is there a list of possible runewords ?
That should be in the documentation pdf.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #326 on: August 30, 2013, 02:50:16 AM »
Thanks.
Still, does Plugy allow you to reset skill points too? I've been only able to reset (reassign) stats.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #327 on: August 30, 2013, 08:49:09 AM »
Thanks.
Still, does Plugy allow you to reset skill points too? I've been only able to reset (reassign) stats.

I've found that Keine resets both stat and skill points during Arc 1, but after you clear that she stops doing so. I've not found anyone in Arc 2 that allows skill resets, but to be honest I've tried Alt-clicking skills :V

Also, screw fighting Rin with a Hermit. I literally instantly die because I'm 100% weak to fire :/. And now my Aya lost all her equips because there are like 4 blazing wheels standing in a chokepoint laughing and blocking it off and they insta-kill me.

Also the AI of units Yuyuko resurrected seems completely borked. They generally just wander around and do nothing. They don't really follow you, they often die far before their time is up for some reason [Maybe a tether range to Yuyuko? They certainly don't follow her.], and they generally ignore enemies unless they get very close to the resurrected unit.

Can anyone else take a Yuyuko to Lv2 and see if it's just me doing something weird, or if the AI of Resurrection Butterfly is just *really* bad.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:52:27 AM by Raikaria »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #328 on: August 30, 2013, 08:52:05 AM »
Not so different from when SA first came out and people kept dying to Rin.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #329 on: August 30, 2013, 08:52:59 AM »
Not so different from when SA first came out and people kept dying to Rin.

At least they can get to Rin. I can't get past Satori still because I'm bad.