Author Topic: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread II  (Read 212907 times)

Re: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread II
« Reply #570 on: August 06, 2011, 08:52:22 AM »
Holy Rumia.

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

« Reply #571 on: August 11, 2011, 02:31:04 PM »
Might as well just record this little fact about Mugetsu here for now.

If Yukari, Tewi, Yuuka, Sakuya, Reimu, Alice and Marisa are selected, the last hero, if random, will be Mugetsu. Otherwise, the chance of selecting Mugetsu through random-ing is 1/1000.

To see how she plays like, this is a video recorded by a Chinese player introducing the hero - http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av127789/

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #572 on: August 12, 2011, 12:42:51 PM »
Did you know?

Just to highlight: Blonde dude (aka Is that enough armour item) stacks with Keine's passive ability.

My Keine was lvl 25.

Though it doesn't seem to be exactly 50% in total. Otherwise I should've had 45s in Ex mode. So the bonus is applied separately as Dorakyura explained on IRC.

Also nice to know:

Also, Moderators (**** QBs) will hit faster if your girl has more AS (not AGI). It seems that the Attack speed modifier such as on Subdoll etc add to the Moderators hit speed. Momiji's endurance aura greatly enhances their attack speed.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:52:05 PM by Helepolis »

« Reply #573 on: August 14, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »
Epic teamwipe taken off touhou.cc. Probably related to one of the achievements in Dular's post.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #574 on: August 14, 2011, 05:51:46 AM »
... shiZEUSha.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:54:10 AM by Ran Yakumo »

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #575 on: August 23, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »
Hey guys... I just brought a friend of mine into DotS...  *he has everything I have. Bnet, Pvpgn loader, Fontcraft, WVS, and he is using 1.26..* We tried using BNet 1st and both of us were able to log on.. We could see each others hosted game but nether of us could join the others game... What could be causing this issue?? I had it this before with another friend but we quickly went to *eww* Garena to play.. Any help?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #576 on: August 23, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »
Forward your ports.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #577 on: August 23, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »
Ports 6112-6119, to be specific.

« Reply #578 on: August 23, 2011, 11:55:51 AM »
Hey guys... I just brought a friend of mine into DotS...  *he has everything I have. Bnet, Pvpgn loader, Fontcraft, WVS, and he is using 1.26..* We tried using BNet 1st and both of us were able to log on.. We could see each others hosted game but nether of us could join the others game... What could be causing this issue?? I had it this before with another friend but we quickly went to *eww* Garena to play.. Any help?

When you want to use bnet or pvpgn bnet, you have to set the TCP and UDP ports 6112-6119, as Dormio said already.
But you also have to check if your computer allows incoming traffic on these ports (local firewall)
On XP you can just disable the firewall, on Win7 you should also disable the firewall service because it might block even when it's disabled.

When you use a firewall program, you should either disable it or allow all ingoing traffic for the program and for the "System" service ("System"Service has to forward the IP informationen to the specified program, therefore it gets all ethernet traffic (can't remember the right name of it, I can help when I'm at home ^^))

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #579 on: August 24, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »
I just realised our old girl guides are useless. Mainly because DotS changed major due to item changes and girls.

I just finished updating Chiko. She is now based on 0.967f. Will soon add Komachi and later on adjust Remilia as well.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #580 on: August 25, 2011, 04:56:46 AM »
Ugh, I want to scrap my old guide. What with Yamame's changes, her playstyle is a lot more aggressive now.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #581 on: August 25, 2011, 07:07:27 AM »
Here are some quick Chinese video tutorials on how to use...

.... Yuugi in 15 seconds: http://static.youku.com/v1.0.0182/v/swf/loader.swf?VideoIDS=XMjk4MTAxMjcy&embedid=-&showAd=0

.... Youmu in 15 seconds: http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av135015/

:getdown:

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #582 on: August 25, 2011, 07:24:23 AM »
trololololo videos.

@ Amra, its because of them devs man.

« Reply #583 on: August 25, 2011, 08:39:17 AM »
Ugh, I want to scrap my old guide. What with Yamame's changes, her playstyle is banned now.

Fixed  :V

the videos, trololol, special thanks to the german raging kid (ICH WILL UT SPIELEN!)

You could make an how to Komachi in 15 Seconds out of this:  (for those who haven't seen it yet :-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V749kJRfIB0&hd=1

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #584 on: August 25, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »
0.967g  released people. Some fair and unfair changes. Read Aph's changelist and

MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE MAP SO WE DONT HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOU. I'LL GUNGNIR ANYBODY WHO DOESNT HAVE THE MAP

Now it is time for tea.

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2011, 11:23:07 AM »
When you want to use bnet or pvpgn bnet, you have to set the TCP and UDP ports 6112-6119, as Dormio said already.
But you also have to check if your computer allows incoming traffic on these ports (local firewall)
On XP you can just disable the firewall, on Win7 you should also disable the firewall service because it might block even when it's disabled.

When you use a firewall program, you should either disable it or allow all ingoing traffic for the program and for the "System" service ("System"Service has to forward the IP informationen to the specified program, therefore it gets all ethernet traffic (can't remember the right name of it, I can help when I'm at home ^^))

Thanks.. Didn't know what ports Bnet used.. I got them allowed on my laptop but my router doesn't have enough space for the new ports.. Damn.. I have too much shit port forwarded..

« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2011, 03:04:50 PM »
You only need 1 port forwarded for your computer to be able to host, e.g. forwarding port 6112 to your desktop will allow it to host on bnet/pvpgn. If you want more than 1 computer to be able to host, you need to forward a different port between 6112 and 6119 to each of the computers, e.g. 6112 to your desktop and 6113 to your laptop. For computers that use ports other than 6112, you need to indicate which port you're using under Options->Gameplay in WC3.

« Reply #587 on: September 01, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
Do we need another lesson on what counts as backdoor again?  :fail:

« Reply #588 on: September 01, 2011, 08:22:06 PM »
Hey there. I just wanted to ask how to start up playing this. I have WC3 and I have a bunch of touhou maps (and some other maps) that the bot list didn't have. Is there someone to talk to/somewhere to go/blah blah to set up on playing with you guys?

Skipped one line** Will redo the initial post.

« Reply #589 on: September 01, 2011, 08:23:32 PM »

« Reply #590 on: September 01, 2011, 08:24:35 PM »
Why not just add backdoor to @bans and define it, would clear it up for everyone.

« Reply #592 on: September 01, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »
Thanks. The 'click here' was off-limits to me.

Do join the IRC channel #dots-meido if you haven't already though. It's where games are organized. Instructions here: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16.msg70.html#msg70

« Reply #593 on: September 01, 2011, 08:45:41 PM »
FINE IF I MUST DEFINE WHAT BACKDOOR IS!

EXAMPLES:
  • Playing yamames and planting webs next to tower(no crap about going for the kill unless you a. do get a kill or b. you go in also)
  • Teleporting genji/soku to enemy base while no creeps are present
  • alice dolls
  • Using clones from eiki or yuka to go for tower
  • ulting as koishi next to tower, and saying you have no control(same with medicine)
  • playing as reisen/kanako and siegeing from a distance while no creeps were there in the first place
  • attacking a tower with no creeps near by :V
  • in fact sending any summon of yours shouldnt really be aloud(only thing i would consider not as bd is rune clone but only because it deals 0 dmg

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #594 on: September 01, 2011, 11:37:51 PM »
9. Using Suika ult only to attack tower, then run away after the duration ends :V

« Reply #595 on: September 01, 2011, 11:44:52 PM »
uhhh kinda already said attacking tower with no creeps around

« Reply #596 on: September 01, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »
mini suikas are totally creeps  :getdown:
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #597 on: September 02, 2011, 12:51:27 AM »
well, I think we could just define bd as "attacking enemy buildings when enemy creeps are behind you in the lane."
So after you cleared all the enemy creeps behind you, I'd say having eiki clone tank the tower, (or yamame spider, or w/e) until your creeps have arrived wouldn't be bd.

« Reply #598 on: September 02, 2011, 02:38:52 AM »
but youd also be stopping the creep wave from going past you if you were tanky enough(or summons). which leads to the point that youre attacking enemy towers way ahead of creep wave.

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #599 on: September 02, 2011, 03:27:27 AM »
If a natural creep wave isn't within the sight range of player owned units that are attacking a tower that's back dooring. This applies to spells as much as it does to summons and normal attacking. And this does not mean you can be retarded and say "OH I HAD VISION BECAUSE TENSHI SWR SO I WAS IN SIGHT RANGE". Any creeps that are brought to the area via spells does not change that you are backdooring.

Get it through your skulls, it's not that hard to know what backdooring is.

And if I see people backdooring ingame I'm warning them, then kicking if they want to act retardedly.