Author Topic: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread II  (Read 212919 times)

Re: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread II
« Reply #210 on: April 25, 2011, 04:25:22 PM »
all that remains and the one that are answerable, doubt we can actually figure out why the cd on tenshi key stone is borked

3. scaling on yamame spiders
4. who has gay effects with phoenix
 -china
 -shou
 -remi(idk if i should add this)
 -yamame
8. who has gay effects with subdoll
 -wriggle
 -yuugi
 -byak
 -iku
11. damage on neutrals with hatates F
28. damage cap on kisume ult?
29. name of katana

also im thinking kisume ult is actually physical damage but id probably have to test this first

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #211 on: April 28, 2011, 09:23:25 AM »
Tested out Remilia with Dormio and Rizock, following interesting results were detected and updated on wiki.

Nightless:
- No longer resistant vs GHGM, Minamitsu flush and anchor pull.
- However, the skill STILL works while under the effect. i.e: if Remi got yukkuri'd while in Nightless mode, you won't see the radiating charisma but you get damaged. Same goes for Flush.
- Nightless is NOT turned off if hit by GHGM, anchor pull or magician hat
- Nightless IS turned off AFTER flush effect ended

Remilia's vampirism passive:
- Works even for moderators. If the moderators are in range of Remilia they will additional lifesteal for her. Aprox 10~14 HP stolen per moderator strike.
- Works even for tentacles, but the damage output is so bad, you hardly notice it.

TL DR; Remilia is a bitch.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:27:06 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #212 on: April 28, 2011, 04:29:39 PM »
So we (Bystander and I) just tested - as of v0.962j, placing Nazrin's pendulum under Shou's pillars (one, or both) doesn't crash the game anymore.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #213 on: May 02, 2011, 05:29:57 PM »
[19:27:18] <Helepolis> let me first put on some cloths
[19:27:24] <Pesco> no
[19:27:25] <Loolicon> naked Hele/
[19:27:25] <DrRawr> no
[19:27:26] <DrRawr> play naked
[19:27:26] <Helepolis> i just got out of shower =.=
[19:27:26] <Loolicon> pics or fake
[19:27:28] <Pesco> get on ts while naked
[19:27:33] <DrRawr> :V
[19:27:33] <Helepolis> k
[19:27:45] <Pesco> i wanna hear the sound of Hele's boobs
[19:27:55] <DrRawr> xD
[19:27:55] <Bypander> or his gungnir
[19:28:03] <Thanuris> gay
[19:28:05] <Bypander> real men don't wear pants during dots
[19:28:11] <Pesco> teaspit.jpg
[19:28:24] <Thanuris> well i hope that you aren't a real man :v

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #214 on: May 02, 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
Re: Updates

Gddmt devs.
Why must the map always be released whilst I sleep?

« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2011, 06:39:53 AM »
If you are going either left or right lane and pull the mid lane... DONT! yea thats it  :fail:

mark2000

• ...(~_~)...
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2011, 06:55:03 AM »
I usually play v0.961d simply for the improved AI. I really want to play as Yukari but, even after reading all the old thread posts about how to play as her, I just can't pull off a win. From what I could understand from those posts, I basically have to stockpile on friendly creeps early game which I'm then going to use for ganking enemy heroes once I get the proper skills. But my problem is that I provide such incredibly low damage contribution during the early game that my bases are pretty much overrun by the time I finally get my skills right.

Could someone give some hints to help me so I'm not being comepletely helpless during the early game?

« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2011, 07:05:02 AM »
usually the best thing you can do is not play the ai and play with us :V. you'll get more experience in actual games and get better. i guess the only real contribution of the ai maps are just to help you learn about the skills and items, but just a quick look through on the wiki does that too.

for yukari as the game goes on her damage gets lower, but the fact that she provides a stun every 4 seconds and can gap people away is what shes great at. but i guess a usual solo gank as yukari involves gapping enemy hero away and then using her mass drop to deal as much damage as possible. that works most of the time early game but later on its best not to use mass drops and just use her single drop.

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2011, 07:47:53 AM »
Yukari has three fairly different stages at all game points.

Early game/laning phase=Denying, a character that either keeps the enemy hero farther away than the exp range of creeps or constantly denies own creeps.  In Yukari's case, gapping them away.  Yukari has it easy since on top of gapping, she can choose to deny further(Really giving the enemy slim pickings) or gather up gold of her own.  She has high base damage and high int, so she can last hit well with the right starting items.

Mid game=Ganker/nuker.  You get a nice little stockpile at this point and your teleport and gapping skill should be adequate enough for you to start moving around and sneaking behind people in their own lanes for easy kills.

Late game=pusher/support.  By now Yukari's lack of damage is really noticeable, but her gapping skill is now such a fast cooldown you can stockpile enough creeps for a short fight, amass a small army for when you succeed, and gap away dangerous enemy heroes or saving ally heroes from a super skill(Omae doesn't even do damage if in gap).  Dropping creeps also has a large range so use that to pester and weaken them.

... Actually this post gave me a very good idea on a Yukari item build, I'll have to test it sometime.

mark2000

• ...(~_~)...
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2011, 09:48:21 AM »
Mid game=Ganker/nuker.  You get a nice little stockpile at this point and your teleport and gapping skill should be adequate enough for you to start moving around and sneaking behind people in their own lanes for easy kills

I'm trying to work on that one actuallly. I just did another game a few hours ago and decided to screw it with the stockpiling and simply cause group stuns constantly during early game until my creeps finally dominate my side of the map. It worked, surprisingly. Though, as expected, I started my mid game with a depressing lack of ganking ammo. I'm hoping that giving a lot of focus on reducing my gap cooldown as soon as possible and slightly holding back on the single drops might help with the problem.

Oh and I also got my very first win as Yukari with that game. Yey!....I literally Forrest Gumped my way through that one though so I'm hardly pleased by it. :V

... Actually this post gave me a very good idea on a Yukari item build, I'll have to test it sometime.

Please do share it when you have the time. Being a complete noob, I simply listed down the biggest MP regen items I could find. It made sense at the time though since I'm basically spamming my gaps majority of the game and I'm not gonna lie at how easier things get once the yagokoro doll gets pulled out.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2011, 09:55:30 AM »
With the new Yukari, I'm not sure how much of the "mid-game ganker" still applies.
I've yet to play the new Yukari so I don't know yet, but it looks kind of eh...

mark2000

• ...(~_~)...
« Reply #221 on: May 10, 2011, 12:57:28 PM »
With the new Yukari, I'm not sure how much of the "mid-game ganker" still applies.
I've yet to play the new Yukari so I don't know yet, but it looks kind of eh...

After playing my copy of the old english version again, I could easily see what you mean. She clearly had better uses back then. Now, Barrier is gone (now I know why those old posts kept mentioning a "barrier") and multi-drop is severely gimped. So yeah, compared to back then, I'd say she IS pretty much eh...... :(

Dular

« Reply #222 on: May 10, 2011, 04:50:24 PM »
While she certainly lost a big role in what she does as support, the basics are still there at least.

« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2011, 02:06:31 AM »
Things you shouldnt do to genji, else he gets stuck:

1. use yamame web on him
2. yukari teleport him

Dular

« Reply #224 on: May 11, 2011, 03:08:39 AM »
Things you shouldnt do to genji, else he gets stuck:

1. use yamame web on him
2. yukari teleport him

These only apply if there isn't anything to immediately get his head back in the game.  Like Koishi, he will do nothing unless there is an immediate target.

« Reply #225 on: May 11, 2011, 09:58:53 AM »
yea but becomeing invisable/blinking/teleporting/killing everything will just get him to stop again  :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #226 on: May 11, 2011, 10:46:14 AM »
Tenshi quake Genji's path and he begins walking back to base. Quake its path again and he will return normal :V

mark2000

• ...(~_~)...
« Reply #227 on: May 14, 2011, 03:59:45 AM »
Just by looking at the map alone, I notice that Moriya has more towers than Hakurei. I was wondering if Hakurei has some other unique feature to counter this and are the characters specifically designed for the factions they are in?

« Reply #228 on: May 14, 2011, 04:49:06 AM »
actually that extra tower moriya has, is part of a pair (the final tower next to shrine), moriyas final towers have bash and can attack 2 different targets(two towers :V), while hakurei final tower gets a large aoe damage and does more damage and has a larger attack range.

But regular towers for moriya has a speed boost for a short time. Hakurei regular towers have a self heal and a +armour aura for a short time.

Also about the character part, each girls skills tries to match up with the girls themselves. But the developers don't seem to have balance in mind sometimes when creating these skills  :getdown:

Want a closer loook: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Defence_of_The_Shrines
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 04:53:09 AM by Dr Rawr »

mark2000

• ...(~_~)...
« Reply #229 on: May 14, 2011, 06:15:22 AM »
actually that extra tower moriya has, is part of a pair (the final tower next to shrine), moriyas final towers have bash and can attack 2 different targets(two towers :V), while hakurei final tower gets a large aoe damage and does more damage and has a larger attack range.

But regular towers for moriya has a speed boost for a short time. Hakurei regular towers have a self heal and a +armour aura for a short time.

Also about the character part, each girls skills tries to match up with the girls themselves. But the developers don't seem to have balance in mind sometimes when creating these skills  :getdown:

Want a closer loook: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Defence_of_The_Shrines
Ah now I get it. Thanks.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »
All pick is the default game mode for the map when red AFK's to long (AS THEY COMMONLY DO FOR US) so even if they had skills tailored to being on one side then it would mean nothing.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #231 on: May 15, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »
Wow....
I've managed to beat 4 insane AI's alone

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #232 on: May 15, 2011, 02:08:45 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong.. But isn't it the same AI level regardless of what the lobby level says..

Oh BTW I'm Night4ce.. I'm new here.. Fan of Touhou for a few years now and have been playing DotS with the DS group for about 9 months now.. I heard of a more active group here and I decided to stick my nose in some places! XP I hope you guys don't bite.

p.s. Ack... blue text doesn't show well.. lol
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 02:20:00 PM by Night4ce »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2011, 02:47:43 PM »
AI are weak regardless of what you're playing.
Also, welcome. :)
And we don't bite for the most part anyway.

If you want to get into games with us, just lurk our IRC and hope that a game gets organized while you're around.
We just play whenever enough people want to. :V

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »
lol night4ce you decided to play in here too?
also beware of D2 virus
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #235 on: May 15, 2011, 09:56:35 PM »
Just saying since it doesn't appear to be anywhere, High-Tech Camera is banned lol. :V

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #236 on: May 15, 2011, 10:25:08 PM »
Even if you're facing dumb AI's, battling 4 of them is hard they will start hammering at your tower at the start of the game and 4 of them are on the middle lane, while having myon balloon, hj bug, and llama doll in their inventory. If you can prevent less than 3 towers destroyed until you reached about lv14, you can turn the tides around because it's very easy to troll them, different from the improved AI in v0961d. They just start to run when I used Shizuha's ult (the best ult to use against the old AIs), but I still can wil.

I'm gonna practice more in this new map.

tbax704

• Now more gangsta...
  • With wings...
« Reply #237 on: May 15, 2011, 10:25:43 PM »
The ultimate test on the improved AI map is 1 on 2 against Flandre and Shiki (I think)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 10:29:48 PM by tbax704 »

mark2000

• ...(~_~)...
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »
Won't the difficulty in AI games still be dependent on whatever girl you and the AIs are using whether its the Improved AI map or not? (Though I'll have to admit that not using the improved AI map always results in some supremely retarded games)

Correct me if I'm wrong.. But isn't it the same AI level regardless of what the lobby level says..

I kind of want some confirmation on this too actually. Does it also differentiate AI difficulty through the amount of xp/gold bonuses they get like the dota AI map?

Anyway. While sifting through the girl roster, Kaguya also came to mind. Looking at the wiki article gave me the first impression that she's another pure support character. Until I tried her out, that is. Maybe it's just me being new to the game that I can only see the most obvious tactics but...if I were to stock her up with MP regen items, aren't I basically spamming rainbow danmaku throughout the entire game?

I'm considering on using her more often though if only because of her  :derp: face. XD

« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
Well yea either spamming mp regen or getting higher mp could work. But mpst of the agility heros can put out so much dps and with the katana(mp burn) kaguya wont stand a chance too long. Also she spawns with less hp if she dies again within 10seconds. But yea she is pure support and her pillars are there to tell melee to fuck off :V