Author Topic: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread II  (Read 212859 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: [WC3 - Dots] General discussion thread II
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2011, 03:33:12 AM »
:colonveeplusalpha:

I refuse to play DotS now.

I knew it was a bad idea to join the game. God, I'm a failure...

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2011, 09:35:28 AM »
Helepolis raging.

Hakurei
Helepolis (Eirin)
Pesco (Shikieiki)
kactaplb (Tenshi)
Dormio (Mokou)

Moriya
Amraphenson (Sanae)
Infinity (Kogasa)
Tapsa (Yamame)
DollS (Yuugi)

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2011, 09:49:55 AM »
Epic support~
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2011, 11:24:28 AM »
Nice ending, bro.
This was a pretty tight game until some bad pushing decisions were made.
Also, contains a lot of RAEG in the Hakurei chat.

Hakurei
Helepolis (Byakuren)
Dormio (Hina)
DollS (Letty)
Tapsa (Suika)

Moriya
Reverie (Shizuha)
Amraphenson (Sakuya)
AparmdB (Utsuho)
Pesco (Eirin)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 12:11:50 PM by Caedo »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2011, 04:03:53 PM »
Also, contains a lot of RAEG in the Hakurei chat.
Out of all goddamn targets, Suika tosses me.

[attach=2]

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2011, 04:44:24 PM »
And there was this moment when I was going to toss low hp shiz further into our side but you just had to run into me... ah well, she died.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2011, 02:00:57 PM »
I honestly don't know why I still play this freaking game anymore. All it's done to me is made me into a raging pile of bitchfits and I honestly hate it. I can no longer enjoy this game as I once did back when it was still relatively new in the community. At this point, I can no longer consider DotS as a game I can play for fun now. Too much rage inducing bullshit and not enough is being done to tone down the mass power-creep that's been going on as new developments have been introduced. I admire the devs in a sense that they managed to make a really graphically beautiful map using WC3's engine, but I don't think that's enough to convince me that DotS is a game I should spend my free time playing if all it's going to do is make me feel like a pile of shit. ::)

« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2011, 01:00:30 AM »
I still have a lot of things to try on this map, mainly regarding teamplay potential (provided that the players from both teams select characters and items meant for team battles/pushes/harasses/etc), this is an exercise (which is where I get fun from) that gets me motivated to play (lots of setups and counters to be thought of). Also, progress is noticeable, if you for example learn how a defeat could've been avoided (example: Aya vs. a team without disables).

This said, I think that more (non-useless, of course) options would be nice, for adding depth to the game. There are quite a lot of options in DotA (maim, lifesteal, helm of dominator for neutral creeps, Necronomicon, refresher orb, blade mail, backstabs, team setup potential, etc.) which aren't as common in DotS.. I'll wait and see what happens.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2011, 05:50:42 AM »
You should tell us that you want to run testing games. We still get to play after all, so there should be no problem taking it easy like that.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2011, 05:54:06 AM »
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> what the fuck
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> is with you people
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> and complaining
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> can you guys
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> not
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> bitch
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> and moan
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> and bitch some more
<Fujiyama_VolKeine> and actually play the game?
I mean come on.
Can't you even take it easy in AR HJ?
(This isn't directed at you Trance, srs games are srs but this was a fucking HJ game, really DollS?)

DollS spent the entire early game whining about getting Meiling in HJ, then proceeded to hug enemy towers for the entire game.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2011, 06:43:02 AM »
If postgame rage doesn't disappear before playing the next game, kthnxbai.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2011, 07:18:29 AM »
The only thing I rage about is how everybody else bitching. (And Koishi/Wriggle/Rumia but that's another story)
Because that HJ (read: HJ) game was DollS just bitching so much.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2011, 08:35:23 AM »
Hey, I didn't witch that much. :(

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2011, 09:25:55 AM »
I mean come on.
Can't you even take it easy in AR HJ?

It's precisely of people like you that drive me away from playing DotS. I cannot play well in an environment full of unnecessary, unadulterated bullshit and NOT whine and moan about it. I want to play my best and show that I am capable of doing as such, I don't need bullshit like over-extending Yuugi ult getting in the way of my enjoyment, as such it would be easier for me not to play. It's much easier for me to have fun in game like HJ because everything was intentionally made to be hilariously broken and overpowered, but in vanilla DotS the devs seriously call what they do with the heroes "balance?" No, that is NOT balance. You might as well make every game HJDotS because that's way more amusing than vanilla DotS.

I know you weren't really targeting me in particular, but it still pains me to see people react so insensitively to this sort of mentality from others.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2011, 09:31:27 AM »
I want to play my best and show that I am capable of doing as such
There was a time when I used to think like that.
Real life (parents) beat it out of me.

Also, I was saying that in regards to the HJ DotS game that we had just had.
I know full well that vanilla DotS is taken seriously (though devs use the ZUN method of balancing their map), so I wasn't saying anything about that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:34:29 AM by Caedo »

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2011, 09:37:50 AM »
TIME TO MOVE ON FROM DOTS ON MY PART.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2011, 10:16:39 AM »
Needs more NotD in here. When's Infinity gonna write up a guide for us?

And cut out the passive aggressive shit.

Captain Infinity

• Captain of Echo Platoon, 3rd Battalion.
  • To bring chaos and honor to this world gone soft.
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2011, 10:24:20 AM »
Needs more NotD in here. When's Infinity gonna write up a guide for us?

And cut out the passive aggressive shit.

Wat.

back is much more experienced at NotD than I am lol. Get him to write a full guide.

I can only give some small pieces of advice :V

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2011, 07:46:10 PM »
(though devs use the ZUN method of balancing their map)
this
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 07:47:43 PM by akurou »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »
[22:12:48] <DrRawr> someone count the days for me
[22:12:49] <Sodium> @choose 1minute or 1hour or 1day or 1month or never
[22:12:50] <+Keine> Sodium: I choose...never! ^_^V
[22:12:55] <Sodium> Keine has spoken
[22:12:58] <Sodium> Rawr will never play again

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »
It's precisely of people like you that drive me away from playing DotS. I cannot play well in an environment full of unnecessary, unadulterated bullshit and NOT whine and moan about it. I want to play my best and show that I am capable of doing as such,
Serious question: Makes me wonder, why would you want that when our games are not some contest/tournament or large communities for famous names. Why would you want to "show" you are a skilled player when we (our community) already knows you are one.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2011, 11:08:18 PM »
Serious question: Makes me wonder, why would you want that when our games are not some contest/tournament or large communities for famous names. Why would you want to "show" you are a skilled player when we (our community) already knows you are one.

Not really conducive to the conclusion if all I've been doing in every single game is fail horribly/do decent but lose anyway. :getdown:

Dular

• This avatar below me is considered ancient.
  • This avatar above me is considered ancient
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2011, 12:51:12 AM »

While winning is nice, what's more important is THAT THEY LOST!!

But seriously though, although I certainly do my fair share of herping, and I facepalm whenever other people derp hard, and sometimes mistakes happen(Apparently Reimu's shield prevents Komachi's ult and I didn't know that), but isn't dots in general good fun?  Sometimes it's like I went to a little league game to watch my kid play and all the other parents are out for blood, and building human pyramids when they win or rioting when they lose.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:52:46 AM by Dular »

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2011, 03:00:26 AM »
@Trance:
just..

- if your team has equal or better matchup advantage
---- be bothered if you or your team missed a chance to win (or even if you win but could've avoided some critical mistakes), don't be bothered if you, and everyone else (from both teams) have pushed themselves well enough :p
- else (matchup disadvantage)
---- stop caring :D (this may be difficult if you don't foresee the teams' potentials -- escape options, effectiveness of front line characters, pushing ability, stuns/disables/heals for controlling the flow of teamfights, harass at early game, etc.)

maybe you didn't have enough chances to employ your playstyle effectively (surely, people around here are getting familiarised with who thinks with portals the allies or not). Maybe an important element (imho) is being overlooked, which is.. team character selection (sometimes I screw myself because the character I meant to pick was meant to support someone else from my team, but then said person -- not exactly you the last time we played, but other examples which were more synergic imho -- switches the character, making it hard for me to try to foresee how to make our gameplay safer), and trying to create a team strategy and/or frustrate the opponent team's.

I know you've said once that if you had to think about character selection, you'd rather play DotA instead, but for me, thinking about strategies and making lots of decisions through the game is what makes this (and other games) fun for me. It may be that DotA is more flexible, regarding individual characters' matchups (less cases of a character having too much advantage/disadvantage against another), favoring both team strategy and individual/small team battles.
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2011, 06:52:51 AM »
Not really conducive to the conclusion if all I've been doing in every single game is fail horribly/do decent but lose anyway. :getdown:
Well as you indicated (and what I can conclude), you seem to hate yourself more for this, than others hating you for playing bad.

Why should you be hating yourself for doing bad when this isn't like work in real life. There is no reason to take performance in a game this serious. And I rage now and then as well, or headdesk for doing bad performance. But that is momentarily discomfort for myself or perhaps my surrounding.

Gaming is like being a fan of a sport (soccer, baseball etc etc). Rage happens. Nothing new. Nothing special. As long as you don't turn it into an obsession. Then it becomes bad, but then people will quickly start pointing that out.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2011, 09:36:17 AM »
I know you've said once that if you had to think about character selection, you'd rather play DotA instead, but for me, thinking about strategies and making lots of decisions through the game is what makes this (and other games) fun for me. It may be that DotA is more flexible, regarding individual characters' matchups (less cases of a character having too much advantage/disadvantage against another), favoring both team strategy and individual/small team battles.

I can't credit DotS for that sort of thing if all it encourages is PICK GOOD CARRY HERO FARM/GANK GOOD STEAMROLL EVERYONE

SUPPORT? JUST USE THEM FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN HOPE SOMEBODY DOES THE GRUNT WORK FOR YOU INSTEAD

it's disgusting and horrible and I find the mere concept of the current metagame repulsive upon thinking about it.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
I can't credit DotS for that sort of thing if all it encourages is PICK GOOD CARRY HERO FARM/GANK GOOD STEAMROLL EVERYONE

SUPPORT? JUST USE THEM FOR YOUR OWN PERSONAL GAIN HOPE SOMEBODY DOES THE GRUNT WORK FOR YOU INSTEAD

it's disgusting and horrible and I find the mere concept of the current metagame repulsive upon thinking about it.
Well it is nothing new. We are all aware of how Dots is currently. We can't do anything than just (yes it sounds stupid) to deal with it. I don't see how that is worth to rage over and over because until the devs (lol) make changes, it will remain the same.

So if you wish to simply not play due to this, that is fine. Just saying it isn't worth raging about continuously. (Isn't quite good for ya health either)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2011, 09:40:41 AM »
Well it is nothing new. We are all aware of how Dots is currently. We can't do anything than just (yes it sounds stupid) to deal with it. I don't see how that is worth to rage over and over because until the devs (lol) make changes, it will remain the same.

So if you wish to simply not play due to this, that is fine. Just saying it isn't worth raging about continuously. (Isn't quite good for ya health either)

Consider me done with this game, then.

I highly doubt "balance" will ever touch this game from what I've heard about the supposed new entries (Shou/Lunasa/Parsee).

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2011, 09:44:22 AM »
Lunasa sounds like Koishi v2. :/

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2011, 01:14:47 PM »
Lunasa sounds like Koishi v2. :/

As much as introducing new girls to the game is a hypeworthy activity, the current fact of the matter is almost all the girls are at some point or to some degree a huge amount of bullshit and that's just not something a game of this nature should have, it should be more skill-based with regards to map awareness, teamwork, unit control, map control, etc. versus passive skill-based as in farming, last hitting, denying, etc. The ideas themselves seem novel, but the execution just promotes more and more farm and that's just not something that's conducive to the team game I originally envisioned the god-damn freaking genre to have as a whole. It's just really something I can't stand, and forgive me if I've been bitching on this for a while now, but I honestly can't stand it and I've been keeping this in for the past few months or so.