Author Topic: Palanquin Ship's Captain's Log  (Read 11922 times)

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
Palanquin Ship's Captain's Log
« on: October 21, 2010, 06:56:49 AM »
open to suggestions(ie suggest what happens and it just might!)

Captain?s Log ? Month 7 ? Day 13

Morning. Decided to start a new log. Life on shore is weird. Hard to get used to. Looking forward to Friday. Curry is delicious. Insisted we keep curry Fridays, though Nazrin complained. Byakuren is out in the village. Hope everything goes okay.

Night. Can?t sleep. The ground is so... solid. How do people do this?

Month 7 ? Day 14

Morning. Ichirin and Unzan helped me make a hammock out of a few bedsheets. Finally got to sleep. Guess I?ll do rounds or something.

Approximately thirty minutes have passed since last entry. Rounds went quite quickly. Not much to do. Byakuren says I should get a hobby. I miss sailing. Maybe I should head to the beach?

Two hours since last entry. Only beach is the one at the lake. Fairies stole my clothes. Had to fly home in swim suit. Note to get payback at a later date. Maybe I should try an indoor hobby?

Walked around the ship again, saw Ichirin with a needle and thread. Deciding to try tailoring.

Month 7 ? Day 15

[red dots span the page] Morning. Pricked my finger again. Wasn?t aware I could still bleed. Good to know, I guess. Trying to make mittens?I hear Gensokyo is cold in the winter. Going to continue attempting tailoring. On another note, I wonder how I should get those fairies back?

Four hours have passed since last entry. My fingers hurt. Ichirin stopped by since I haven?t left my room all day. Left immediately and returned shortly afterword with first aid kit. Insisted it was not needed. Fingers are bandaged anyway. Ichirin says I should just start over, since the current mittens are covered in blood anyway. She?s probably right, though I don?t want to throw them away.

Month 7 ? Day 16

getting frustrated. ichirin makes this look easy. bandages make it harder than normal. already poked several holes in them anyway, maybe i should just remove them?

Month 7 ? Day 17

every time i sew this seam it comes out crooked. tearing stitches out for the fifteenth time. really frustrated now.

Month 7 ? Day 18

curry is the only thing that understands my pain.

Month 7 ? Day 19

Finally finished mittens. Decided to dye them red. Showed them to Ichirin, who assured me they were fine and then quickly excused herself. Assured myself she was telling the truth, and promptly threw mittens away. Going to try a different hobby.

Month 7 ? Day 22

Haven?t found a new hobby yet. Though did find out that fairies regenerate all damage done to them. Took anchor out of storage. When Shou inquired why I was taking it, I assured her that it definitely wasn?t to beat the snot out of some skirt-snatching fairies. I think she believed me.

Month 7 ? Day 23

I feel so much better about everything. The blue one gave me a little trouble, though. Still looking for a new hobby.

Month 7 ? Day 27

So bored. Sick of land. Asked Byakuren if I could take the ship out for a spin. Said producing grain for the village was more important and then gave me a lecture on the goodness of giving to others.

Month 7 ? Day 29

Think I discovered something. Can?t believe I haven?t noticed before.

Month 7 ? Day 30

Just how is it so shiny? And smooth looking?

Month 7 ? Day 31

Decided to investigate the mystery behind Ichirin?s forehead. I wonder if she?d let me touch it?

Month 8 ? Day 3

Had a great day! I was investigating Ichirin?s forehead and then-

[rest of page has been torn out]

Month 8 ? Day 4

[page has been removed]

Month 8 ? Day 5

[page only contains the imprint of a large fist]

Month 8 ? Day 6

Ichirin still isn?t talking to me. Decided not to write down anything else about it. I am left with one less friend and no hobby to speak of. And a tremendous black eye. I think I?ll go for a walk.

Month 8 ? Day 7

Met an oni at the Hakurei Shrine. Seemed like an amicable sort. Invited the crew over for a party tomorrow. Tried to tell Ichirin, got ignored. Ichirin agreed to go with Shou and Byakuren. Though there?s a party tomorrow, I feel sort of depressed for some reason.

Month 8 ? Day 8

[unintelligble scrawl covers the page]

Month 8 ? Day 9

my head hurts so bad. can?t stop throwing up. why is it so hot today

Month 8 ? Day 10

Ichirin came by with a hangover remedy yesterday. Helped my stomach a lot. Even though I was really sick yesterday, I was also in a really good mood for some reason. Still am. Think I?ll go sweep the deck.

Month 8 ? Day 12

Still looking for a hobby. I wonder what I should do?

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: Palanquin Ship's Captain's Log
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 07:34:41 AM »
Had to fly home in swim suit.
awwww yeah

Murasa should take up puppetry. Like a poltergeist!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 05:45:12 PM »

You know you want to.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:43:19 PM »
But how would the fairies take her clothes? Wouldn't Murasa just be all like "ANCHORS AWEIGH, MOTHERF*CKERS!" and just wreck them? Unless, of course, the fairies were super-sneaky and stole her clothes while the Cap'n was unaware.

That aside, this is a fun little piece. I love diary-as-fiction as a format. Look forward to more!

Airboat Jousting Tournament between Murasa and Nitori at Misty Lake!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 08:45:32 PM by Tsukiko »

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dan-Heron

• Evil Chibi-Dan -doesn't bite-
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 03:26:09 AM »
gotta say, the Murasa/Ichirin segments were priceless, though Murasa getting her anchor from the storehouse for some fairy hunting ranked pretty high too.

Great touch with her hangover day. I like the little details

Hmm, can't really recommend hobbies that Murasa would like. Maybe start digging a hole to make her own pool/lake? Or how about trying some knots? Then  she can ask Ichirin for her when trying her hand at Shibari! =D ... if you kiddies don't know what shibari is, then don't look for it.
so much evil it's poisonously healthy!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:45:49 AM »
This is great.  But what happened with Ichirin's forehead?  Also seconding the Jousting Tournament.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 03:16:34 AM »
I didn't get to everything(but I will eventually)

Month 8 ? Day 13

Today a kappa showed up. She called herself Nitori and told me that she wanted me to know she was making ?great progress on that idea we discussed?. I pointedly informed her that I had no idea what she was talking about. She did that chin-stroke that is so typical of those scientific types and informed me that she expected as much after how much I had to drink. It was then I vaguely recalled meeting her at the shrine. When I inquired what the idea was, she smirked and said that it was now a surprise, and to meet her at the lake tomorrow.

....I?m kind of scared to go alone.

Month 8 ? Day 14

Okay, kappa are officially the coolest youkai ever. I have to get Ichirin to try this.

Month 8 ? Day 15

Apparently, Ichirin doesn?t fully share my appreciation for miniature, high speed boats made out of metal and technology. And awesome. That isn?t to say that she didn?t enjoy it, however, once we were doing laps around the lake at thirty seconds each, she got pretty excited. It was just coaxing her on that was difficult. Nitori said she was working on an alternate model that she would have finished in a few days.

Month 8 ? Day 16

oh man I want to ride that boat around so bad. I?d go swimming but I?m worried the fairies will steal my clothes again. If there was only some way I could have a lake without the fairies. ....I have an idea.

Month 8 ? Day 17

Sore. Spent most of the day digging. Not sure how I?m going to fill the pool with water, but I?ll cross that bridge when I get to it. Gonna sleep early tonight.

Month 8 ? Day 18

Woke up to yelling. Forgot to mark hole. Forgot to mention hole to the crew. Ichrin might have accidentally fallen into said hole. She was angry at first, but when I explained what the hole was for she seemed to cool down a bit. Though, Unzan has been eyeing me all day, so I think I will restrain myself to my room for the sake of safety.

Month 8 ? Day 19

Digging. Digging. Lots of digging. Almost complete, just need to round out the edges and find a water source.

Month 8 ? Day 20

Nitori showed up while I was working on the pool. She handed me a long wooden lance and told me to come to the lake tomorrow. This is going to be AWESOME.

Month 8 ? Day 21

The Captain has requested a full list of her injuries:

-Four broken ribs
   -Broken arm
   -Three broken fingers
   -Bruising of the chest
   -Cut across the cheek
        -Concussion
   -Black eye
   -Permanent loss of any former semblence of intelligence

Month 8 ? Day 22

The Captain has requested a description of the previous day?s events, because they are?in her words??awesome?. First, the kappa Nitori arrived at our ship and requested the Captain?s presence. Then, the Captain insisted that I follow because their adventure would be?in her words??unbelievably, ridiculously cool?. I obliged. At the lake, they both boarded odd crafts with giant spinning blades inside cages mounted on the back and hefted long wooded lances. They then sped at each other at amazing speeds, and struck each other squarely in the chest. Both lances snapped, and both the kappa and Captain were launched into the water. I am not sure exactly what happened to the kappa, but the Captain flew backwards into the cage, flipped upwards and over the boat, fell and struck her head off of the rear of the craft before landing in the water. I collected the Captain and took her home for medical attention. Unzan collected the kappa and take her back to Youkai Mountain. It was several hours before the Captain awoke with the words: ?that was the coolest thing ever?.

I would like to note that neither of them wore any sort of protective material and they are both blithering idiots. ?Ichirin

Month 8 ? Day 30

Ichirin is mean but I guess she earned it what with all that bedside nursing this week. Making a personal note to avoid fun things that involve heavily bodily injury now.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 03:36:23 AM »
I loled.

It was the best idea ever however.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 07:35:40 AM »
That. Was. AMAZING. :o

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 08:39:47 PM »
Ryuu, I fucking love you.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 11:23:11 PM »
Oh snap, I can't believe I forgot to tell Ryuu how great this is.

Or did I. Who knows. But it is great.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 11:36:59 PM »
Pure greatness.  Loved Ichirin's entries. 

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 07:05:32 AM »
Month 9 ? Day 2

Body is still tender, so I haven?t been able to fill the pool with water. Might not be able to get to it until next year, since Autumn is on its way. Been tailoring again to pass the time. It?s not as annoying when I don?t focus on it so hard. Restitching is still frustrating, though, and I have to do it a lot.

Month 9 ? Day 3

I was thinking today, I don?t spend much time with the rest of the crew outside of Ichirin. Shou and Nazrin are always off being busy with something, Byakuren seems to always be at the village or preaching or cooking or something. I don?t know where Nue is half of the time. Maybe I?ll go look.

Night. Found Nue. We didn?t do much, but hanging out with her was pretty fun. I should do it more often.

Month 9 ? Day 4

Tailored some more. Keep poking fingers still. Kind of pissed.

Month 9 ? Day 5

Byakuren interrupted one of my cursing fits after I jabbed under my fingernail with the needle for the seventh time today and told me I spent far too much time inside. She lectured me on the values of being sociable and sent me off to the village. When I tried to protest, saying that the villagers would not appreciate the presence of a ghost, she assured me that they were quite used to it. When I arrived, I saw a multitude of wispy orbs floating about and understood what she meant.

Walking around, I saw a girl giving a puppet show. I vaguely remembered her from that one night last month. The dolls had really pretty, detailed dresses. I watched her for a while before continuing on. The only other notable thing I saw was the half-ghost carrying a wagon of food supplies. I jokingly asked her if she always bought so much food at once. With the look of a warrior preparing for battle, she said ?once a week? in a very chilling voice. I feel kind of bad for her.

Month 9 ? Day 6

Tried to tailor some more but all I could think about were the puppets from yesterday. Ended up going back to town and watching another show. It looks like fun.

Month 9 ? Day 7

More sewing. Nitori stopped by today. Her arm is still in a sling, but she seems to be recovering fine. When she saw my problems with sewing, she informed me there was a kappa invention for that. She?ll bring it over in a few days. Kind of excited.

Month 9 ? Day 8

[Large splotches of red stain the page]

i was sewing when kogasa popped up in my window going beroberobaaaa and i jabbed the needle through my hand it really hurts and i?m not sure what to

Ichirin happened by and rushed in with some bandages. She kept calling me an idiot as she disinfected my hand(which also really hurt) and wrapped it bandages(again). She asked me to refrain from doing reckless things that involved getting myself hurt and to act more responsibly and focus more on my duties. I took this as a direct insult to my tailoring prowess and kindly informed her that I did not need her stupid idiot jerk forehead advice. Then she punched me in the face and left. I don?t feel like sewing anymore.

Month 9 ? Day 9

Tried sewing. Gave up. Went to town and looked for puppet show. Couldn?t find it. Going to sleep.

Month 9 ? Day 10

[What words were once on this page are hidden behind violent scribbles.]

Month 9 ? Day 11

Ichirin stopped by today and curtly thanked me for the gift I gave her. Before I could ask what she was talking about, she had already disappeared. A few moments later, Nazrin walked in and explained that she snuck a present from ?me? into Ichirin?s room. The gift was a necklace she had ?found somewhere?. When I asked why she?d do something so nice, she shrugged and said ??Cause I?m Nazrin.?

Month 9 ? Day 12

Nitori came over today with a device called the ?automatic stitcher?. In my journey to learn how to tailor, it will probably be my greatest ally. Even if it is a bit loud. And large. And oddly shaped. On another note, the leaves are finally starting to turn color a little bit.

Month 9 ? Day 13

Good day. Went to town and ran into puppeteer. Struck up a conversation. When I mentioned that puppetry looked fun, she happened to have an old string puppet on hand and let me have it. People have been so nice recently.

Month 9 ? Day 14

okay i have no idea how to do this. needs some sort of instructions. doll?s dress is really pretty though, i wonder if i?ll be able to make anything like that?

Month 9 ? Day 15

Ichirin saw me struggling with the doll and said that she was relieved that I am finally engaging in a hobby that has no chance of self-injury. My response was apparently to fall out of my chair and end up with the doll?s strings wrapped tightly around my neck. I don?t see why Ichirin is so worried, you can?t die twice.

...right?

Month 9 ? Day 16

Not sure how to approach this doll problem. I?ve learned a few things just playing around with it, but there has to be a quicker way to learn how to do this. Maybe I should just take a break from this stuff for a few days.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 07:18:09 AM »
I love you, Ryuu.

Poor Murasa. And her hand. And her face.

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »
CAPTAIN MURASA. Ship captain, hard drinker okay so she kind of passed out and was sick for a few days, but she did drink alot and swearer, crazy ass mo'fo.

Likes sewing and pretty dresses.

Oh, and awesome Nazrin being awesome. Though, I'm interested in what happened on the 10th. Now to wait for Murasa to sew herself onto her next tailoring project with the "automatic stitcher".

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
Obviously Nitori can help with the doll issue.  This can't possible go wrong.   :V

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »
Nitori would totally make Hisoutensoku if she helped.

And she'd probably make her own robot/'doll'.

And it'd be awesome.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 06:52:17 AM »
Month 9 ? Day 19

Got the pool filled with water. It was a long and arduous affair I want to forget. But now I can swim whenever I want! This is good. Ichirin keeps reminding me that winter is coming so it was wasted effort. I keep using her forehead as a mirror to fix my hair and adjust my hat.

Month 9 ? Day 20

I woke up today to discover that my room was devoid of, well, just about everything. Except this log. I went out to go inquisition my crew. Effort was fruitless. However, when I returned to my cabin, my hammock was also missing.

...I loved my hammock.

Month 9 ? Day 21

Couldn?t sleep. Spent night searching for missing items. No luck. Going to Ichirin?s room.

Month 9 ? Day 22

Slept great last night. Stole Ichirin?s needle and thread. And bedsheets. And pillow. Made new hammock. All that practice finally paid off for something.

Month 9 ? Day 23

Today, I learned that I can run exessively fast when properly motivated. I was coming back from the mess hall and when I opened my door, I saw Unzan staring me down. I ran. Really fast. I managed to lose the old man and eventually came back here to dictate my success. Though I should probably leave before he comes

[There is a Captain shaped face imprint on the page.]

Month 9 ? Day 24

I?m tired. So tired. At least tomorrow is curry night. Still can?t find my stuff.

Month 9 ? Day 25

A little pissed off. That crow came in here shouting about something and then Byakuren left and then Byakuren came back and made us go look for something and then I was gone all night and when I came back Byakuren said everything was fine and she didn?t make any curry and when I asked why there was no curry she gave me a lecture on the value of helping others.

There is still no curry.

Month 9 ? Day 26

Nitori stopped by today. She had this little doll thing made out of metal. Two of them. And these weird things covered in buttons and when you pressed the buttons the dolls did things. Much more effective than strings.

We made them fight in the mess hall. It was awesome. Especially the part when mine backflipped off of the windowsill and flying elbowed Nitori?s. Ichirin was watching us from across the room. I think she might be jealous because I haven?t been hanging out with her. Haven?t been hanging out with her because I am sure she stole my stuff.

Asked Nitori what I should do. She laughed and said I should tie Ichirin up and interrogate her.

...Not sure if she was serious. Found the rope anyway. Deliberating on whether or not I should proceed.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 06:56:30 AM »
Never change, Murasa.

Never change.

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »
I approve of kidnapping, captain. [assuming you find some way to stop unzan finding out at least because if not you're sorta fucked]

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2011, 01:07:01 PM »
"Sorta fucked" is a bit of an understatement, don'cha think?

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2011, 11:02:53 PM »
(the unzan entries are my favorite)

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 08:13:37 AM »
Month 9 ? Day 27
   I have been locked out of my room. The Captain pulled me aside earlier and told me of some delectable treats being sold in the Human Village. I respectfully asked for some meager funds and a little break from Milady Ichirin(who was in the middle of the crew?s finances), and she off-handedly dismissed me. Normally, I would be hurt at such a thing, but the tales of sweets called to me.

I had a wonderful time at the village.

When I returned, the Captain and Milady Ichirin were missing, and the door to the room I shared with Milady was locked. I cannot hear anything inside. I sought out Nazrin to inquire as to where the two had gone. After appraising me for a long moment, Nazrin told me she helped the Captain find her things.

Does she mean the things that Milady Ichirin and I relocated to Milady?s closet? I returned to the Captain?s room to find this log, so I decided to give it a read through. Writing down my exploits for today seemed fun, so it is what I am doing now as I wait for Milady in the mess hall. Dinner should be ready soon, so I?m sure I?ll see her then.

It seems as though the Captain is having trouble entertaining herself on land. Perhaps I should suggest storytelling? She seems to have a penchant for jotting things down in this book.

-Unzan

Month 9 ? Day 28

I love rope. Got all my stuff back. Seems like Unzan took the liberty of filling in all of the space for yesterday?s page(his handwriting is so large), so I won?t bother detailing what happened yesterday(as much as I love to remember it).

Anyway, storytelling? Does he mean like writing or something? I suppose I do write a lot as it is... maybe I should. I?m locked in my cabin right now anyway?I?m in hiding until Ichirin stops being mad. Hmm.

[There are a few half-words scribbled out.]

One day, the amazing Captain Minamitsu Murasa was aboard her boat. Her boat was also a giant robot in disguise. She used it to defeat all sorts of evil bad guys with her crew. There was Ichirin, the first mate. Nitori, the mechanic. Nazrin the [scribble] [scribble] [scribble] crewmate. Shou and Byakuren and Nue were there too.

But then they were under attack! It was a [scribble] [scribble] really evil looking copy of the Palanquin ship! Even piloted by a ruggedly handsome(but not as good-looking as the real) Captain Murasa!

The two ships opened fire with their cannons and dramatic music played in the background!

?Haha!? The daring Captain Murasa chuckled to herself. ?This copy is no match for the real Palanquin!? She pointed dramatically in the air. ?TRANSFOOORRRM!!!!?

oops out of room. will finish tomorrow

Month 9 ? Day 30

Man, I?m hungry. Didn?t get to eat yesterday. Oh well, time to finish that story.

The Palanquin Ship explosively transformed into a giant robot! But then the evil ship transformed into one too!

?Captain!? Crewmate Nazrin shouted as the big evil robot punched the big good robot in the face. ?We?re taking heavy damage!?

The super fantastic Captain laughed in the face of danger. ?Attack harder!? She commanded. The Palanquin ship opened with a flurry of punches! But the evil ship was unphased! It returned fire with it?s own super-fast rapid kicks!

?Captain!? Engineer Nitori shouted. ?We?re running out of energy! We can?t take much more of this!?

?Is this the end...?!? The fearless Captain thought to herself.

?Noo!!? Ichirin femininely shouted. She began to power the Palanquin ship with the strength of her love for her Captain and

someone is knocking at the door. i smell curry. ...risking it.

Month 10 ? Day 1

Yesterday Ichirin gave me a plate of curry. I ate it. I don?t remember anything after that, but when I woke up, Ichirin was all nice to me. I said hi to Nazrin, and she started saying something as she turned to me... but when she looked at me, she started laughing.

I said hello to Shou, who simply froze mid-sentence and excused herself. When I saw Byakuren, she just smiled politely and asked me where Ichirin was.

Confused, I returned to my room. I was going to finish my story(which I think is turning out pretty amazing), but everyone?s acting so weird and it?s bothering me.

Someone?s knocking at the door again.

...Nitori stopped by. She started laughing too, but then she got me a mirror.

I cannot begin to describe the horrors drawn on my face.

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 08:37:09 AM »
The Captain has been betrayed by her one true love   one of her true loves   mistress that she keeps on the side   ho that she keeps on the off chance that she might be in the area for a few hours, just long enough for a quick parley into parts unknown (i.e., the Captain's pants) only to run off again for several weeks or months without calling favorite things: curry! How will she handle this betrayal of epic proportions?!

Probably by eating more curry. What does the Captain like in her curry, anyhow?

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 08:41:08 AM »
murasa is best writer

i am ashamed to write in her presence.

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »