Author Topic: The New Spellcard Help Thread  (Read 154482 times)

Matsuri

The New Spellcard Help Thread
« on: December 02, 2009, 01:41:25 AM »
Continued from this thread.

Carry on. :3

Re: The New Spellcard Help Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 01:45:50 AM »
Princess tenko illusion.

It ruins me every time. D=

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 02:02:57 AM »
For Princess Tenko, try moving in a diamond.

........R

.....................P

The first time will require a bit more distance. Once she shoots, run to the bottom of the screen vertical to where she was.

She'll appear on you, but you can't die from her touching you. You're still not in the pattern yet, so go to where P is here, but be careful.

........Q

P..............T

........R

Then when she shoots, quickly move to where Q is. Then when she appears on you, shoot for a little bit and quickly go to T. Quickly move back to R afterward making sure to not get walled between the attacks. Repeat the pattern. As long as you move around in the order R, P, Q, T, it's not hard to keep the pattern in control long enough if you don't move too far.

Not exact of course, but hopefully it gives an idea of how it works. Also, the attack gets faster as time goes on, so try to end it quick.

Okay, Cranberry Trap. My record on this is horrible. Also, how do you succeed in the last 10-15 seconds of Flandre's Survival?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 02:04:47 AM by Enigma »

Marukyu_Nineball

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 02:33:43 AM »
KK... Now I need help on "Catadioptric" (Or something like that), "Counter Clock" and "And Then There Will Be None?" And I'm frustrated now cause I was gonna beat Flandre (She was about to explode!!!) and I carelessly ran into a bullet DX

Lybydose

• Isn't cool enough to have a title
  • ESC -> Retry
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 02:59:26 AM »
Princess Tenko:

Direct her initial shots wherever, then move near the bottom of the screen.  Move under her and shotgun until she shoots stuff (it should harmlessly shoot straight down since you're under her), then move left/right, and then double back again through the butterflies.  You should ideally be through the butterfly waves when she teleports on top of you, then just repeat as necessary.  ReimuB unfocused shotgun should end this super quick, so you won't have to worry too much about the increased speed.  If you do take too long though, just try to make sure she shoots the aimed bullets either straight up or straight down every time.  If you screw up entirely and end up using the entire screen, just make sure you don't end the card at the top.

Cranberry Trap:

Start in the middle of the screen and stream straight down, avoiding the three (or however many) waves that come from the bottom.  Now stream back up and end back in the center.  Repeat as necessary.

Cadiotropi-whatever:

Go to the bottom right, dodge stuff.

Counter Clock:

This is static (or at least the lasers are) and should be the same every time, but I don't really remember the movements from memory.  The lasers materialize slower than you think though.

ATWTBN:

First phase:  Do whatever.  I can't remember ever failing on this part.  If you're failing here, I can't really help you because I don't even remember what it is I do here.
Not first phase:  Be in the center when the bullets spawn, then move through them as quickly as possible before they all converge on your position, and then go back to the center for the next wave.

Also

Starbow Break:

If you're feeling particularly cheesy you can safe spot this entire attack.  Go to the top left corner, then tap right twice and sit there, you'll never get hit.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 03:07:42 AM by Lybydose »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 03:59:39 AM »
Lunasa's second nonspell on Lunatic. Oh god WHAT. It's seriously not uncommon for me to use up two bombs on it. Any tips on this?

mikeKOSA

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 04:04:43 AM »
QED with reimuA

Drake

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 04:08:03 AM »
QED with reimuA
Try not to die, and deathbomb if you do.

Seriously.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 04:08:33 AM »
Lunasa's second nonspell on Lunatic. Oh god WHAT. It's seriously not uncommon for me to use up two bombs on it. Any tips on this?

That attack is a real bitch, probably the hardest pattern in the stage.  I'd recommend dodging the first wave, and then using a focus-bomb right as the second wave is about to come down on top of you.  This should knock out the second/third waves, and if you can stay under her, the attack should hopefully end before it cycles back again. 

You are using ReimuB, right? :x

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 04:11:25 AM »
You are using ReimuB, right? :x

Yep. She's by FAR the best shot type in PCB IMO.

mikeKOSA

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 05:00:33 AM »
Try not to die, and deathbomb if you do.

Seriously.

i want to capture it with reimuA, sorry if i didnt clear that

Marukyu_Nineball

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 05:10:33 AM »
How do you do Flan's non-spell (the one before Counter-clock) without dying or using a bomb?

Bananamatic

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 05:14:10 AM »
How do you do Flan's non-spell (the one before Counter-clock) without dying or using a bomb?
left left left left left left
more left
right right right right right
more right
repeat

I don't think I've ever failed that one :V

Marukyu_Nineball

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 10:52:19 AM »
Thx, I always suck at that one :/

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 06:12:56 PM »

Streaming.

Tap right several times, make a long movement right. Dodge left through the waves of bullets, tap left a few times, make a long movement.

Repeat.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 07:48:46 PM »
Chen Lunatic. wtf :(

I think the only spellcard i can constantly capture is her last one, because as long as I don't focus on dealing damage to her, and only try to escape from the faster phoenix bullets, I can capture it most of the time.
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2009, 09:05:58 PM »

THIS!

I think the only spellcard i can constantly capture is her last one

But NOT this. I have the opposite problem. I can do the others an okay percentage of the time, but for the last one, my strategy is to use 1-2 bombs on it to end it ASAP (Depends on whether I have a border or not)

Not really asking for help, I'm pretty sure I know how all the cards work, I'm just randomly adding my comments because Chen is evil :V

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 02:51:18 AM »
My only really problem with lunatic Chen is her second-to-last card, Crusading Child's Rampage. It's not that I don't know how to do it, it's that I'm really bad at it for some reason. I have the same problem with Spring Kyoto Dolls.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 03:05:18 AM »
My only really problem with lunatic Chen is her second-to-last card, Crusading Child's Rampage. It's not that I don't know how to do it, it's that I'm really bad at it for some reason. I have the same problem with Spring Kyoto Dolls.

That's my worst card up to Youmu as well.

That is, if I don't count Alice's non-cards.. wtf, they're worse than her spellcards.. specially her second midboss noncard and her boss opener
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 03:08:30 AM by lmagus »
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 09:03:42 PM »

I think the only spellcard i can constantly capture is her last one, because as long as I don't focus on dealing damage to her, and only try to escape from the faster phoenix bullets, I can capture it most of the time.

Odd. Very odd. Kimontonkou is by far her hardest attack. The others are so slow-paced that dodging them are no problem. Kimontonkou have fast moving bullets that can catch you off guard. So that's the hardest one. Period.

Anyway, you should be able to capture the first card of hers by staying close to the bottom and dodging. Seriously, if you can capture Kimontonkou you can capture this one.

Second one have a little bit of memo to it but not too much. Try at it a little more is all i can say. I suck at helping people...

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 10:08:20 PM »
Parasol Star Memories L.

Help.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 01:22:25 AM »
Bomb it.  If you're SanaeB, pray, but don't hesitate to bomb it.

*wonders if anyone other than Baity has a real answer to the question.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 01:25:43 AM »
Parasol Star Memories is very reminiscent of EoSD in that random boss movements make the attack either nigh-impossible or...well, still very hard. The attack is micromemorizable for every set of movements Kogasa does, but that doesn't help when nearly every single outcome leads to being either walled by blue bullets blocking the lanes or (more irritatingly) side-swiped by the boulders. The attack is simply too hard to be worth it on lunatic so bomb.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 06:20:05 AM »
Don't bother trying to stay under Kogasa, just forget about where she is. Focus on the boulders and getting out of their path no matter what. You'll probably end up spending more time on the card than needed, but you'll be much safer. Having a boulder come from the side is a pain in the ass to deal with, so being aware of them is the most important aspect of this card. If you're not terribly adamant with passing it, just bomb whenever you think you're sufficiently walled. Don't just autobomb it though, you might get lucky.

Edit: o rite
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:52:46 PM by Naut »

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 11:29:10 AM »
Nazrin's last card on Hard mode? I'm playing with ReimuA and i can consistently time it out. But capture it? Apparently not.

Bomb it.  If you're SanaeB, pray, but don't hesitate to bomb it.

*wonders if anyone other than Baity has a real answer to the question.

Spell is pretty easy to me if you use SanaeB. Depending on power of course.

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2009, 06:47:14 PM »
Nazrin's last card on Hard mode? I'm playing with ReimuA and i can consistently time it out. But capture it? Apparently not.

I find this spell harder on Hard mode than on Lunatic... If you're timing it out, I'd imagine you're dodging from the corners of the screen? Trick is to just move inside the circle the diamonds create when their radius is peaking, shoot the crap out of Nazrin, then move out when the diamonds start to move back in. Repeat 3-4 times, and she should be dead. Once you realize the bullet pattern openings you'll get the spell everytime, it's pretty static.

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
Argh, PCB Alice's opener on Lunatic. I don't get the movement of the white petal bullets at all. Are they aimed at you or what? :(

Bananamatic

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2009, 07:27:54 PM »
PCB Lunatic.
How to misdirect Youmu's openers? I'm always worried about getting spawned on just as I'm passing by.

Her second to last spell with the reversing bullets. How is it easy?

Ageless Obsession - Where are the safespots? :V
And Demon World....atleast some strategy to make it a 1 bomb.

I've game over'd at Youmu's final this time and then cleared st6 with 3 deaths.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2009, 07:46:48 PM »
PCB Lunatic.
How to misdirect Youmu's openers? I'm always worried about getting spawned on just as I'm passing by.

For her midboss opener, place your hitbox to the left of Youmu's head. When you hear the attack start, dash underneath her and do some damage. After that quickly do the same but on the right before the next wave starts.
For the other opener you need to be a tiny bit lower to misdirect the next wave on time.
Don't try misdirecting her stage 6 opener if you don't want a giant wall in your face.  :V

Her second to last spell with the reversing bullets. How is it easy?

It's streaming. Start on the left and go slowly to the right. It should end before you have to switch directions.

Ageless Obsession - Where are the safespots? :V

there is one, and you can stand in it for the entire attack.  :V
It's slightly to the right of the 'n' of the enemy marker.

And Demon World....atleast some strategy to make it a 1 bomb.

I've been wondering this myself as well actually.

Argh, PCB Alice's opener on Lunatic. I don't get the movement of the white petal bullets at all. Are they aimed at you or what? :(

IIRC, they are all random. People say it's easier if you dodge on the sides of the screen, but then you can't damage Alice.

Need some help here as well.
- Kogasa's train card. This thing is evil.
- Yuyuko's GOAST KNIVES. I heard there is a way to capture it every single time?
Talking about the lunatic versions here BTW.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 07:52:57 PM by Jaimers »

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
- Yuyuko's GOAST KNIVES. I heard there is a way to capture it every single time?

I think I heard that the knives on it were static, so you can stay to the side and not have too much to worry about from them. The bubbles are still aimed, so you have to be careful either way.