Author Topic: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Danmakufu Dodging Dojo!)  (Read 19026 times)

Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Danmakufu Dodging Dojo!)
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:29:42 PM »
Hello, this is where I will be posting my amateur scripts for all to play and such... first item in the market:

Random V0.2
A few random scripts i have put together, more to come... Version 2

Ninja Boss
my horrible attempt at a ninja boss...

My first ever boss

Script Ideas for those who need Help
Just some ideas for those who need them  :3

A quick video of me messing around with variables!

Challenges 10-19 for Rena

Updated Rena's Challenges, fixed issues, added sound effects

Even more Script Ideas for those who need help

ugh! how do i get rid of the annoying hyperlink and replace it with a word???
THANKS SUIKAMA!!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:33:31 PM by Demonbman »

Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 07:40:45 PM »
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 08:13:26 PM by Suikama »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »
I guess they're okay...
Also, the "死" familiars (from teh random cards) can trap you at any time.

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 04:45:52 AM »
Also, the "死" familiars (from teh random cards) can trap you at any time.

thats the point!

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 08:18:11 PM »
thats the point!
*edits to make the familiars slower but spawning more frequently*
Nuehehehehehehehehe.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 04:22:47 AM »
Version 2 of the Random scripts up, Also I threw in my first ever boss i made in danmakufu. As in first post I will be editing it. Help on how to make it better is most appreciated, almost desperate.
Working on:

Boss Sprite
Damage Ratio - Will probably remove
Improving the overall quality of the danmaku
Background
more...

Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Rena's Challenges)
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 04:30:33 AM »
Decide to work on a seperate project for a while, and please, I honestly need more feedback,

Rena's Challenges

Rena has some challenges for you!  Note this is only a demo for feedback and further suggestions for challenges. PLEASE I NEED FEEDBACK!

Credit to Always 9 for the Rena Sprites
Onthenet for the idea of functioning the stuff you type alot :P
Requires Shot Replace
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:34:02 AM by Demonbman »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 05:41:01 AM »
Third(?) challenge has a safespot (RIGHT THERE. just off the center. that's why i never use a factor of 360.)

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 11:05:52 PM »
Rena's Challenges Update, sorry for bump.

Added Challenges 10-19
Music, Dear You ~ Destructive, in the complete updated version.
Challenge 3 no longer has a safe spot

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 12:00:02 AM »
I don't want to sound mean, but man, this script has problems.

First, it is so hard that it definitely should have multiple difficulty settings. A script should be accessible to a reasonable number of players, and this one excludes pretty much everything but the lunatic crowd.
Second, on a good third of the cards this difficulty comes from being quite unfair on the player. Bullets with a speed of way past 6 aimed directly at the player without any warning sound, huge amounts of bullet-delay-glow that obscures bullets, and sometimes even outright impossible walls are examples. Stuff like that is not really fun to play.
Third, some of the spells have requirements that you have to fulfill, but the text that tells you what to do is there only for about a second, making it impossible to read what to do. At least it was for me on the card with "multiple requirements". Also, some of these requirements seem to break if you die or use a continue.
Fourth, as a minor detail, including sound effects makes the attacks generally more fun and lessens the unfairness on certain parts. You'd want to do that in a future revision.

There are definitely several interesting attack ideas in your script, but the above reasons keep me from really enjoying it.  :-\

A question: Have you beaten the whole 19 challenges in a row? Because you seriously have some intense stuff there...
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 12:21:32 AM »
YESSSSSS NO SAFESPOT
also beaten with 1 life left on second try.

Was it freaking hard!

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 12:56:11 AM »
I don't want to sound mean, but man, this script has problems.

First, it is so hard that it definitely should have multiple difficulty settings. A script should be accessible to a reasonable number of players, and this one excludes pretty much everything but the lunatic crowd.
Second, on a good third of the cards this difficulty comes from being quite unfair on the player. Bullets with a speed of way past 6 aimed directly at the player without any warning sound, huge amounts of bullet-delay-glow that obscures bullets, and sometimes even outright impossible walls are examples. Stuff like that is not really fun to play.
Third, some of the spells have requirements that you have to fulfill, but the text that tells you what to do is there only for about a second, making it impossible to read what to do. At least it was for me on the card with "multiple requirements". Also, some of these requirements seem to break if you die or use a continue.
Fourth, as a minor detail, including sound effects makes the attacks generally more fun and lessens the unfairness on certain parts. You'd want to do that in a future revision.

There are definitely several interesting attack ideas in your script, but the above reasons keep me from really enjoying it.  :-\

A question: Have you beaten the whole 19 challenges in a row? Because you seriously have some intense stuff there...

First off, its feedback, there is no reason for me to get mad. And you don't sound mean, "any critisim/feedback is good critisim/feedback.

Wow, and here I though that the requrements were displayed too long, I will change that, and if you would, please, elaborate on which challenges were difficult for you?

Sound effects are things I have been working on, I don't want to DIRECTLY use ZUN's sound effects, so I am slightly tweaking them in Audicity

And to answer your question, yes, I have beat all 19 challenges, I've died everyonce in a while, but only because of my error.

Edit: oh and by the way, Problems are the key to success!! The more you make (or have) the more challenging in this case to fix them....that made a whole lot more sense in my mind.....
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 03:28:34 AM by Demonbman »

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 03:55:27 PM »
Okay, let's go through these challenges one by one...

1 - Not really interesting, but otherwise okay.
2 - Actually gets much more difficult if you move horizontally because of the boss's movement. It also makes the second, third and fourth waves overlap to make one really nasty wave, but is easy before and after that.
3 - If you are not using a character with a small hitbox like Reimu, this attack is pretty much a wall in the face.
4 - Tap... Tap... Tap... Tap... Done.
5 - Due to the random nature, it is possible for the knives to completely block the path through the red balls. Also, the motion doesn't form a real pentagram.
6 - On the first time seeing this, you will die. You will wonder why you died. Then you will die again, and maybe you'll notice that you get bullets of such a high speed in the face that with human reaction time the only way not to get hit is to tap once you see the delay glow. An attack like that without a sound effect that would tell you to move away is just mean, even if it gets easy on the third try or so. Also, the win condition of grazing a certain amount of bullets seems to break now and then. I don't know what causes it, though. Additionally, I cannot run the script if I try to access it outside of the plural script.
7 - That one is fine.
8 - "DODGE AND WATCH THE METER!" "You need this much: " "This much to go: " I', sorry, but, what?! I have no idea what I am supposed to do here, so I just keep shooting and try to survive. First and second form are okay, if still incredibly hard. Third form will, again, kill anybody who sees it for the first time with instant grey arrows to the face. And then, of yourse I am forced to bomb/die because I didn't fulfill the requirements that I don't know.
9 - Would be okay, but I have to mention that if you wanted the blue bullets to be reflected from the bottom realistically, they aren't.
10 - Well, well. The huge clouds of delay mist make both the player character and her hitbox invisible. You cannot dodge stars if you cannot see where you are. Also, it can happen that a ring is placed after one or more stars are already put on a trajectory towards the ring, meaning that you can see neither the charcter nor her hitbox nor the bullets you are supposed to dodge. Also, due to the random placement of the rings, two things can happen. Either the ring is spawned almost on top of the boss, making it almost impossible to dodge the stars, or two consecutive rings are spawned so far away from each other that it is impossible to stay in the one ring until the knives move outwards and then reach the other ring before that one explodes. The card would be nice if it was playing fair, but most of the time it isn't.
11 - Difficult, but it looks nice, so this one is good. Only problem is that the boss's hitbox has a diameter larger than the width of the boss sprite.
12 - That one is okay, too.
13 - When switching from the first to the second form or from the second to the third, the old bullets overlap with the new ones and become garbage. The final form is imposssible when you stay in the middle and extremely easy if you move to the corner. Otherwise, number 13 is very difficult but has nice patterns.
14 - This is a good one. A little more colour could make it look prettier, though.
15 - "Carfeully of the red Bullets. They may aim up, but what comes up Must come down!" Actually, they don't. Also, the language is... improvable. Aside from that, it is like one of Nue's non-cards, but less interesting because the bullets are slower and fly at the exact same angle.
16 - The pattern is okay, if difficult. My main complain here would be that the "meteors" look...  :-X
17 - Probably your best one. The colour of the bullets seems odd, but otherwise it is a nice and simple, if difficult, attack.
18 - If you find one spot to stay in, you can stay in that spot until the timer runs out. Finding such a spot, however, is a paint for non-Reimus.
19 - Purple glowing stuff layered on purple glowing stuff.

All in all, most of your attacks die with just one bomb, but even then no attack should be so difficult or unfun that the player is practically supposed to bomb it to oblivion. Except when the script is meant solely for Naut, in which case you can make it as difficult as you want and he still will make it.  :V

So, yeah. The general complaints of a lack of sound and more difficulty settings remains. Also, the boss sprite looks oddly stretched.

I hope this wall of text will help you.   ;D

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 03:24:13 PM »
Also, the boss sprite looks oddly stretched.
Ah, yes. it was sort of... ...
er... mm... to see Rena stretched like that.
Yeah, that.

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2009, 03:10:48 AM »
Also, the boss sprite looks oddly stretched.
Ah, yes. it was sort of... ...
er... mm... to see Rena stretched like that.
Yeah, that.
The reason I "streatched" Rena is because in fact (sorry Always) her sprites are to small, I merely made them bigger using SetGraphicScale.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 05:36:50 AM »
The reason I "streatched" Rena is because in fact (sorry Always) her sprites are to small, I merely made them bigger using SetGraphicScale.
Too small? At least use SetGraphicScale(a_number, the_same_number); so it isn't stretched so... ... ...umm...

Yeah, that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:28:59 PM by Always ろ⑨ »

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 12:26:27 PM »
Too small? At least use SetGraphicScale(a_number, a_number); so it isn't stretched so... ... ...umm...

Yeah, that.
like I said I did use SetGraphicScale. Now I get what you mean...
On another note, Video a quick video of me Experimenting with AddShot
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 01:59:28 AM by Demonbman »

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 07:51:45 PM »
/Bump

My First Two Players

Ichimi A has a straight forward shot type unfocused, and a rotating homing type while focused

Bomb is a Giant Shield that engulfs the player and some of the screen

Ichimi B has an odd shot, two streams rotate in opposite rotations with one stream shooting forward while unfocused
Focused fire is a stream of five bullets going back in forth, left to right, unfocusing and focusing again aligns the streams to all fire up.

Bomb is "Demonic Mist" that engulfs the screen, and I mean the whole screen and abosrbs all bullets~

Ichimi Stats:
Code: [Select]

--IchimiA--
Forward and Rotation Homing
Bomb~Ultimate Shield~Damage:1820
Unfocused~Straight~Damage:170~172
Focused~RotationHome~Damage:217

--IchimiB--
Rotation and Back and Forth
Bomb~Demonic Mist~Damage:1456
Unfocused~Rotation~Damage:180~190
Focused~Back and Forth~
1 Stream-118~119
3 Streams-176~217
All Streams-500~600

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:55:36 PM by Demonbman »

ChaoStar

• Dark History Boy
Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Ichimi Players)
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »
Only one bomb D:

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 09:08:02 PM »
Ichimi A
Focused shots don't follow their options... Looks kinda weird. Unfocused options spin really slowly, which also looks weird. The left and right movement images go off center, which is disorienting. Also, the overall size of the sprite seems somewhat big. Unfocused speed seems abnormally fast, though this could be intentional. The bomb needs to spin or have other effects or something, the expanding circle looks like it was half-assed. I suggest adding glowing effects and spinning shit everywhere, just for badness. Also, the invincibility lasts for a rediculusly long time after bombing, you might want to change that.

Constructive criticism aside, the player's shot types look pretty neat, but the focused homing shots leave something to be desired. DPS is great. Unfocused shots are oddly pleasent, given their simplicity.

Ichimi B
Excessively wide shots for both unfocused and focused firing, though focused is certainly better. I'd make it less screen covering, though a wide shot-type still needs wide shots... 360 degree firing area is kinda "errr". Probably a little less coverage than wide-focused firing for unfocused methinks. "Concentrated" focused is good. Shotgun DPS for the unfocused pattern is ~850(!!!!!!), and focused shotgun DPS is ~720(!!!!!!). Definately put your character through more extensive damage testing, not everybody will be sitting at the bottom of the screen. Also a very fast unfocused movement speed, though again, could be intentional. Unfocused shots are pretty lame-looking, focused looks much better. Bomb is eye-rape, please change it to be less epileptic.

Obvious a large area of effect shot type, this character could probably look much better if you had it cover less of the screen with bullets. I prefer Ichimi A simply becuase it looks more refined, though Ichimi B could certainly go places if you added more garnish and tested damage more thoroughly.

Overall, you should add more ancillary effects to "pretty up" the script. A good attempt for you first player characters. You'll get better quickly, no doubt.

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »
I'd like to add the following:

I don't know if that is just me, but the B type's bomb creates a BLAAAAARGH huge eye-cancer pattern that covers the entire danmakufu screen, including the non-playing field.

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 09:57:19 PM »
Bomb is eye-rape, please change it to be less epileptic.
I don't know if that is just me, but the B type's bomb creates a BLAAAAARGH huge eye-cancer pattern that covers the entire danmakufu screen, including the non-playing field.

The bomb is drawn on Layer 8, which draws above the STG_Frame. Hooray object effects!

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 01:22:21 AM »
Ichimi A
Focused shots don't follow their options... Looks kinda weird. Unfocused options spin really slowly, which also looks weird. The left and right movement images go off center, which is disorienting. Also, the overall size of the sprite seems somewhat big. Unfocused speed seems abnormally fast, though this could be intentional. The bomb needs to spin or have other effects or something, the expanding circle looks like it was half-assed. I suggest adding glowing effects and spinning shit everywhere, just for badness. Also, the invincibility lasts for a rediculusly long time after bombing, you might want to change that.

Constructive criticism aside, the player's shot types look pretty neat, but the focused homing shots leave something to be desired. DPS is great. Unfocused shots are oddly pleasent, given their simplicity.

Ichimi B
Excessively wide shots for both unfocused and focused firing, though focused is certainly better. I'd make it less screen covering, though a wide shot-type still needs wide shots... 360 degree firing area is kinda "errr". Probably a little less coverage than wide-focused firing for unfocused methinks. "Concentrated" focused is good. Shotgun DPS for the unfocused pattern is ~850(!!!!!!), and focused shotgun DPS is ~720(!!!!!!). Definately put your character through more extensive damage testing, not everybody will be sitting at the bottom of the screen. Also a very fast unfocused movement speed, though again, could be intentional. Unfocused shots are pretty lame-looking, focused looks much better. Bomb is eye-rape, please change it to be less epileptic.

Obvious a large area of effect shot type, this character could probably look much better if you had it cover less of the screen with bullets. I prefer Ichimi A simply becuase it looks more refined, though Ichimi B could certainly go places if you added more garnish and tested damage more thoroughly.

Overall, you should add more ancillary effects to "pretty up" the script. A good attempt for you first player characters. You'll get better quickly, no doubt.
YAY~ Constructive Criticism!
Hmmm...looking closer at Focused Ichimi A the options don't follow their option...which are actually just graphics because I can't do options :X 

And the player graphics....ehehehe I'll work on those right away, I feel bad for just making one graphic, and using MSPaint's Skew :X
And yes Ichimi unfocused is supposed to be that fast...

Hehe the bomb....I have no idea how to make it spin...or glowy effect and all that, I'll look into that. And for some reason the bomb effect stops before I set it to so it just fails like that...

Ichimi B, nothing much but the damage, I'll get on that.

Bomb-hahahaha "eye-rape" Ill work on that as soon as I can, but the point of the bomb was supposed to look like a demonic mist

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 02:55:04 AM »
Bump

Time to revive an old project of mine, Rena's Challenges~

I believe that I have fixed or worked around almost everything everyone told me to do, if not tell me~

New Version

Grr Mediafire work~

EDIT: Download UP~

EDIT: lol empty url link~
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:02:51 AM by Demonbman »

Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Rena's Challenges Update)
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2010, 07:46:17 PM »
I havent released anything in over a month, thats not good for me, so heres a boss battle!

Shikieki has a bone to pick with you!Features 6 nonspells and 7 spells, one survival and one Build-Up spell

Graphics, Music, and Sound Effects go to their respective owners

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (Rena's Challenges Update)
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »
I havent released anything in over a month, thats not good for me, so heres a boss battle!

Shikieki has a bone to pick with you!Features 6 nonspells and 7 spells, one survival and one Build-Up spell

Graphics, Music, and Sound Effects go to their respective owners
Yay! Now pit this one against MCXD's Shikieiki :V

EDIT: Holy fuck, ShootDownPlayer; !? Suggestion: Make it so that it doesn't kill the player when it has invincibility!!
Also, lolstickman.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:17:55 PM by みゅう⑨(Mewkyuu) »

Re: Demonbman's Danmakufu Scripts (More Random Scripts)
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2010, 06:04:12 AM »
I think I'll release some scripts I've made over the past month so Here you go Please give me all the feedback you want, as long as it is not none please!

EDIT: Fixed bugged post
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 06:19:58 AM by Demonbman »

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2010, 01:35:31 PM »
WHAT THE HELL IS AN "ExpandedShotDatav4"!? I GOTTA GET IT!
Found it.
Ugh. It'd be nice if you included it in your own script.

Now playing. Please wait warmly~
Y"know what, I'm not posting everything for every idea. :V
I'll just say, these patterns somehow seem a hell lot ZUNlier than mine :3
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 01:56:30 PM by みゅう⑨(Mewkyuu) »

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 12:16:45 AM »
Could you post your thoughts on the attacks? I need feedback to get better. Perhaps you could write it all up in a .txt and then link to it? I really appreciate your feedback

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2010, 12:48:40 AM »
I probably shouldn't say too much, considering I'm a huge 'Makufu novice myself, but here we go.

Some of these patterns are pretty, but also very messy, like 11 and 15. It's hard to tell just why the pattern is mesmerizing, which makes it just seem like you messed around with functions and numbers.

16 and 18 could be really cool Extra stage type spellcards.
Anyway, I'm no Lunatic player, but a lot of these aren't meant to be playable, are they? 5, 7, 8, 14, and 20 would be good patterns if you lightened them up - That is, of course, if you were to implement them into a boss fight or something.