Author Topic: Remilia Quest Tr?  (Read 42851 times)

Remilia Quest Tr?
« on: February 13, 2013, 04:35:18 PM »
>You are Remilia Scarlet, Mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, vampire extraordinaire, and the most charismatic and elegant person in Gensokyo. You are also Flandre Scarlet's big sister, a title that, privately of course, you hold more dear than all the others.

>Tonight has been one of the most eventful nights you've had in years. It started with the search for Sakuya, who had not returned when she was supposed to have, and led, eventually, to the Keep of a newly unsealed vampire, called the Cobalt Countess. Unlike the usual method for resolving conflicts in Gensokyo, you and the Countess, and her surprisingly diverse attendants, talked out your differences. You find her people interesting and efficient, and the Countess herself cordial and pleasant. Even layed the groundwork for introducing Opera to Gensokyo with her.
>More importantly, you found your Sakuya, and that she had had a run in with the Sin Spirit Pride, and was unwilling, or rather unable, to separate from it, firmly convinced that she could become superior by absorbing the Sin entirely. It took a great deal of work, but with the assistance of Meiling, the Keeper of the Sins Tsumiko, and the Sin of Lust, you used your power over fate to pull the two of them apart. Tsumiko took Pride back into herself, while Meiling took your maid home.

>Upon the request of the Steward of the Cobalt Keep, Celes d'Arquien, you returned to the Mansion before sunrise, in order to see Sakuya, whom you know would enjoy seeing you, and would almost certainly like to explain herself. You took one of the Countesses' friends back with you, Sei Senoue, who is also the Keep's opera aficionado, to share some of your manuscripts with her. You found a muscular insect youkai standing guard at the gate, evidently put up to it by her sister and Koakuma. You haven't heard the whole story there yet, as a greater concern has come up.
>Sakuya is sick, and, somewhat disturbingly, there seems to be something wrong not with her body, but with her fate itself...

>How fast are they going, and can we stop them?

>At the rate they're traveling, it will be fifteen, twenty seconds max, before they intercept Sakuya's present.
>With the time you have, you think you can stop one of them, but not both.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Remilia Quest Tr?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 04:36:10 PM »
>What exactly are the 'bubbles'?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »
>What exactly are the 'bubbles'?

>You're not completely sure, but from the emotional sensations the two are putting off, you would guess that they are 'embodied potentials'. Everyone's fate lines includes, in some way, everything they could have been, everything they are, everything they might be. What you would guess these bubbles are would be Sakuya as she might have been, had her life not taken the course that it did.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 03:45:06 PM »
>Can we tell which one is the most potentially dangerous?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 03:55:22 PM »
>Can we tell which one is the most potentially dangerous?

>One of them feels hot to the touch. The heat of anger, old pain. But also of a consuming drive, an almost crazed obsession.

>The other is much colder to the touch, darker. The sensation of control, but control of what is around. The tyrant's mind, reveling in the terror it inflicts upon those around it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 04:06:48 PM »
>If only we had the energy to stop both of them...
>"Tch...There's two 'bubbles' of a possible outcome Sakuya could've had, but I don't have the energy to stop both of them..."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 04:15:11 PM »
>If only we had the energy to stop both of them...
>"Tch...There's two 'bubbles' of a possible outcome Sakuya could've had, but I don't have the energy to stop both of them..."

>"What does that even mean?" Haridoku demands.
>"What's that mean?!" Meiling cries, almost in time with the bug youkai.

>Sei, however, is more to the point than the other two. "Then pick one." she says quickly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 04:16:52 PM »
...Gah! Both of them are too nasty-sounding to pick. Just when I thought we'd finally gotten free of this kinda thing...
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Branneg Xy

• ^UP http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html ^
    • (FREE) LINKEDIN PROFILE
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 03:38:54 PM »
Man,what a pickle.But then again it's an occasion to put more heads together  :3 so here's a list of commands.
>Are we able to remove them when both ,just a couple of seconds before,are about to overlap with Sakuya's present?
>Alternatively consider stop the tyrant-looking one and slow down the maniacal-looking one; since the former one is potentially more hazardous to all as it is a "hard-to-cure threat" and might be remnants of influence by Pride and the former owner of the Cobalt Keep ,whom are offsetting our head maid's fate from a point in the past.
>We need to somehow reassert the normal line of fate ,with caution .
>Inspire emphatically Sakuya to endure for a bit more than she already is.

P.S. I see Guy got permabanned  :( though the reason came not from his normal posts.
^^^^ http://www.miyasuke.net/flash/yuyugohan.html  " 西行寺幽々子の強奪!!隣の晩御飯 " ->>>
" Yuyuko Saigyouji 's "Uslurpation" !! Dinner is Next ".
( Possibilities of ENGrish ) ^^^^ .

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 10:02:09 AM »
>Are we able to remove them when both ,just a couple of seconds before,are about to overlap with Sakuya's present?
>Alternatively consider stop the tyrant-looking one and slow down the maniacal-looking one; since the former one is potentially more hazardous to all as it is a "hard-to-cure threat" and might be remnants of influence by Pride and the former owner of the Cobalt Keep ,whom are offsetting our head maid's fate from a point in the past.
>We need to somehow reassert the normal line of fate ,with caution .
>Inspire emphatically Sakuya to endure for a bit more than she already is.

>Given the power you can sense from the bubbles, the time you will take, and the power you will need to expend to render them inert, you have time enough to stop one, if you act soon.
>You would need to focus your power and attention on one to slow it at all, and doing so would prevent you from breaking the other one before it came into alignment with Sakuya's present.
>While you've never really been big on empathy, per se, you squeeze Sakuya's hand tightly, willing her to hold on. It's easy to tell she's trying- you don't need to be able to read her fate to see that- but she's also clearly at her limit.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 10:38:51 AM »
>"Mh,if only I had enough time, Sakuya oughtn't suffer this much....However as her Mistress and friend I'm still able to do this!".  Stop the icy and darker one.
>After that, quickly divert all remaining time and effort towards not stopping the hot one ,but preventing it to stabilize or fuse together permanently to Sakuya's present, by  your best "fate-buffet" and "fate-containment"!(That's right,I came up with two,fast-paced,  Remilia's Fate Manipulation techniques ).
>While keeping your guard up for unexpected fluctuactions on fate or otherwise, carefully observe the developements and, when the operation settles down, beckon Meiling to approach the bed.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »
Hang on man.

>Would we be able to reverse the effects of these bubbles once we've recovered enough energy?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Third Man

• "Let's pretend to be someone else"
  • "And then continue shitposting!"
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 06:45:28 PM »
>If we had more energy, would we be able to stop both in time?
>Could Meiling add her energy to our own?

Branneg Xy

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 12:11:09 AM »
Oh! An opening to combine three write-in.Glad  :) to see more activity and ideas on this board too,even during  February.
>If we had more energy, would we be able to stop both in time?
>Could Meiling add her energy to our own?

Hang on man.

>Would we be able to reverse the effects of these bubbles once we've recovered enough energy?

>After that, quickly divert all remaining time and effort towards not stopping the hot one ,,but preventing it to stabilize or fuse together permanently to Sakuya's present, by  your best "fate-buffet" and "fate-containment"!
>While keeping your guard up for unexpected fluctuactions on fate or otherwise, carefully observe the developements and, when the operation settles down, beckon Meiling to approach the bed.

>Yes about that, we do have just 20 seconds to act .Then again we could quickly begin to work on the cold  bubble and simultaneously  call over Meiling,and Haridoku as well but no Sei , so she could act  as a conduit for us to muster enough energy to properly apply those techniques , meant  to ease the sundering of fate-past and fate-present by not letting the first tune-in to the latter,on both interferences.
>On the other hand the power boost should prove useful so  that if the other one begins to fuse it should already been affected prior to as we not only don't rely on pure power alone but on skill and teamwork too all strategized and supervised by us, Remilia Scarlet.

Two considerations.About Sei,Remilia and others have seen she might tap into tainted energy  if she exert herself such as in this case.I deem more of a immediate threat the tyrannical one for reasons  I have explained on my second to last post.
I wholeheartedly hope this plan pulls through,nevertheless I still feel my logic could be improved even further(and I'm wayyy tired).

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »
>On the other hand the power boost should prove useful so  that if the other one begins to fuse it should already been affected prior to as we not only don't rely on pure power alone but on skill and teamwork too all strategized and supervised by us, Remilia Scarlet.

Mind clearing this up? What precisely do you mean by 'Power Boost'?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 08:36:11 PM »
I think he wants to get the other people around, mostly Meiling, to contribute to our efforts somehow. Not sure how she would be able to do that though.
I fear there's not much of a way to take both of these out before either of them reaches Sakuya's fate. Unless anyone does manage to think up an alternative, I say to halt the "hot" bubble - although most will find the other one nastier-sounding.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 08:38:30 PM »
Personally, I don't think either one is nastier than the other, they're both on an equally high level.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2013, 09:03:00 AM »
...true, that's probably intended.
At any rate, though, I suspect we'll be sitting here forever if we don't decide.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 03:02:15 PM »
Uhm,I thought I had cleared up those sentences but I jumbled them by writing too many ideas  :derp: .Basically my plan was to make a quick call ,gather the others around,just as SirChaotiK said,and use them to fuel the power of Remi's fate manipulation while she was performing it; Meiling would be the conduit in all this cause of her chi manipulation.Then using those two "techniques"plus power,teamwork and a strategy Remi would be able to stop one and contain or at least slow down the other one.In fact I agree that they both sound nasty,though the cold one is more ominous imho if just for the coincidence with Pride/older vampire lord,and this plan was conceived to tackle the couple of them. If there's not enough time for this we shall have to start casting votes,regretfully.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:05:56 PM by Branneg Xy »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 08:00:59 PM »
As much as I'd like to halt them both, I doubt Meiling can act as a conduit. Even if she could, I don't think she'd actually be able to contribute any power, and even then it'd be hardly feasible to set up on such short notice (how much time do we have, like fifteen seconds?)

Branneg Xy

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 03:56:47 PM »
Indeed the time-window appears too short,still I'd like Sourfang the writer to show the considerations of previous commands(Hanzo's) parsed for plot/insight .In short halt x and keep an eye out for a chance to operate on y would be our next train of action and after having decided "hot or cold"?Whom I now realize might not be as bad as they sound as long as they only overlap with Sakuya's present while not taking it over.Edited: overdue edit for smooth reading.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:38:51 AM by Branneg Xy »

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 09:36:50 PM »
I'm not quite sure I follow. You mean you would like me to respond to Hanzo's and Third's questions, but not your command up there?

Which, I might add, no one has officially countered yet. I have a reply written for that act, but am I also prepared to wait on it, if I must.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 02:42:21 PM »
Well, let's get my query out of the way before we go any further, eh? I figure that could shed some light on things.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 09:47:58 PM »
Bit unorthodox, but never let it be said I'm unwilling to buck tradition.

>Theoretically, yes. There isn't much you know you simply cannot do in terms of manipulation of fate, and while you're not quite sure what will happen when either of these aberrations reach Sakuya's present, you're confidant whatever happens, you can correct. After all, you are Remilia Scarlet.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 10:37:27 PM »
Alright, got one or two last things to clear up.

>How long would it take for us to recharge enough energy to mend her fully to how she should be?
>Would it be too much of a problem to have Patchouli put her in a magical sleep until we have recovered sufficient energy?

(The whole magical sleep angle to to keep her from being a threat to herself. Sedation and all that jazz.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 11:08:55 PM »
>How long would it take for us to recharge enough energy to mend her fully to how she should be?
>Would it be too much of a problem to have Patchouli put her in a magical sleep until we have recovered sufficient energy?

>That depends on how radical the effects of the phenomenon will be, which you're not really sure of.
>Sakuya's more resistant to magic than most other humans (you don't spend as long in the company of vampires and youkai without a side effect or two) but she's not resistant enough to resist Patchouli's wizardry. Patchy should be able to put her under and keep her under, assuming she doesn't develop massive magical resistance.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 11:14:20 PM »
Alright you guys, I say we stop the cold bubble, and try to hold off the hot one as long as possible until Hong can get back with Patchouli and a high-grade sleeping spell.
We're talking nigh-Sleeping Beauty caliber sleep magic here.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 12:53:47 AM »
By my recokoning, that seems more or less in line with Branneg's command post.
I won't post the reply to that yet, in the event that one of you might have a revision to offer, or a counterpoint to make. I'll wait... Oh, another day or so, then, assuming no objections, we'll go with that.

I don't mean to sound impatient, and if I am, forgive me. But since it seems that at least two out of three players are in agreement (and the fourth guy got banned), it seems that we're about ready to proceed.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 09:37:42 AM »
Indeed we are. I'll follow Hanzo's command.

Branneg Xy

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 11:27:08 AM »
Good,those commands shed a light so yes I agree as well.Let's move on and see.