Author Topic: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Someone Wins  (Read 56667 times)

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
Re: Sword Girls Anonymafia - Day 2
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2012, 05:14:19 AM »
Simply because going after solely lurkers would be the laziest thing ever. If Kaori ends up being the lynch of the day, my vote will be there.
Lynching lurkers would be lazy but I'll do it if it's popular and not me.
No hypocrites here. >.>b

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2012, 05:43:27 AM »
Miss Rose, you have stated within this post that you are reading various people to be either town or neutral to yourself. I understand that the thought of putting any form of  effort into this game appears to be a foreign concept to someone such as yourself but I implore you: At the very least could you kindly differentiate between the two and specify who belongs within each category?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2012, 06:36:27 AM »
Third point: Esuna.  I have a major issue with last night's quickhammering.  We still had an hour left in the day.  You bare minimum could have been like "I am here and willing to switch my vote!" or something first.  It kinda bothered me then (not the least of which because I got cut), and your recent posts aren't helping matters much.  At the risk of sounding moronic I'm going to hold judgement until after I see your case on me, because it might at least show you're putting your own thoughts together.
Yeah, I agree with this woman here! Hey Esuna, you had a town read and openly stated that you were tempted to let Sayaka live to test the claim when you posted the hammer, so... Why did you hammer and yet mention how OK you would have been with leaving Sayaka alive, when there was enough time left in the day to decide further? You're not tricking anybody by fluffing up your post to make you sound pro-town!

Another thing! I also think that an earnest, well-paid townie's reaction to Sayaka's revised claim would have been... you know... less "HMMMM, sounds plausible" and more "what the filth is up with this wretched cur's desperate fakeclaim, lynch now" based on my own personal experience. I seriously went to sleep thinking we got a D1 scum lynch and even revised my reads in light of this. :fail: Naturally, the former is totally worthless coming from a townie if you don't act on the expected plausibility! Scum would have of course wanted the vigilante dead, and what easier way to conceal this than to act like you're giving the person you're hammering a fair chance when you aren't, right?

Now, thinking about today's events, I don't like Tenshi's opener to the day one bit. LAL is a reasonable tactic, but Tenshi's post looked more like she wanted to drive the day toward a Kaori / BlackRose dichotomy without even bothering to consider the implications of votes on yesterday's wagon too, something I wouldn't invest in. The early votes on the Sayaka wagon do look pretty town-intended, but the entire wagon doesn't deserve a pass. This applies the most to those who voted after or otherwise reacted to the claim, since they voted a cop claim at a vital point in the day and their actions should be under heavy consideration, which is one reason Esuna is so questionable today. It's a lazy and inefficient approach to the day to not even attempt to consider the flipped D1 wagon, you see! I also question why Tenshi would admonish Yuno for switching to a lurker during late D1 when she herself offered her services to a last-minute lurker wagon over any wagon except for Meiya's yesterday. Shouldn't she be able to empathize with Yuno a little?
##Vote Tenshi Hinanawi

With all this out of the way, I should be paying the less active women among us some consideration too! I have no objections to a Kaori lynch, but... mmm... I just don't see much pay in focusing on her alone, you see? I think the other options I'm looking into are more interesting today. BlackRose's content has been fine with me, but her activity is pretty terrible. Right now, I'd bet she's just a townie who is too lazy to work for her pay. Naturally, I'd be fine working extra for any gold her employer is withholding from her! Maka's not a lurker, but I'm worried about her allegiance. Nothing's solid during Early Day 1, so that's the easiest time for scum to win favor with townies by sticking their neck out like she did, and she kind of faded into the background for the rest of the day. Starting out a skirmish by being pro-active and vigilantly rushing in to attack red enemies only to switch to just kind of being "there" and picking off reinforcements at the back of the battlefield is scummy without a good reason for doing so. It's basically how a tactician would suggest how their scum forces should coast off of early town reads, so you have to admit it is a little weird. Still, I can't really fault her actual voting patterns from what I've looked into, including the end-of-day Sayaka vote, which was consistent and telegraphed enough that it doesn't irk me... though the attempt to sound like the apologetic voter unwillingly casting Sayaka to her doom is a weird bit of AtE, given that it was telegraphed.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »
@Meiya: I think you're vote may be suited elsewhere. It seems to me you're votes on Eclair are now more out of stubbornness that you are right, and disbelief that you may be wrong.

##Vote Esuna

You contradict yourself as others have pointed out, and I believe that contradictions were all made in you're favor.
You're hammer of Sayaka apparently left 1 hour unused, and considering the amount of people that could be swayed to voting another, you went ahead anyways and hammer'd. As Farina has also said, you went from Tenshi is town, to Hammer Tenshi in a change of heart pretty quickly.
You had left you're decisions completely up to role determination, and for the time I believe you thought you're only decisions were

Sayaka- Town Suspicious claim
Meiya - Neutral townie claim

As I, and others have stated before me, there was still an hour (1:00) left in the day, and Esuna had a change of heart more quickly then I would have imagined about a person she believed to be town.

Esuna, since you have made a case on Kenshin, and have said to venomously support my lynch today, who do you believe to be a higher priority of the moment?
Considering you're vote I would believe it to be Kenshin, but I would like clarification.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2012, 11:31:29 AM »
[7:45:22] Yukkii wants everyone to be clear on something. Voting the lurkers right now is not a policy move. We believe at least one of them is scum. I no longer believe it's both because of the sudden discrepancy between the two. For a group of people who don't care which lurker we lynch it sure is interesting how many people aren't willng to lynch Blackrose when it comes down to putting your vote where your mouth is.. Do you want me to requote my entire post about how every single post in by post analysis was crap? Blackrose is acting like it never happened.

Maka, there are so many things I want to talk to you about. You were so active and insisting we talk together. Where are you? If you won't come see Yukkii willingly I'll have to use my tools.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2012, 11:41:28 AM »
I'm not interested in any cases on Esuna based around hammering when there was an hour left in the day. An hour is not alot. The correct reaction to fakeclaiming cop is to ever the everloving poo poo out of the person. I do believe it's possible she could be scum now, but that type of case is too easy and reeks of overdramatization.

@Meiya: I think you're vote may be suited elsewhere. It seems to me you're votes on Eclair are now more out of stubbornness that you are right, and disbelief that you may be wrong.
This is true and makes me feel better about my choice right now. Eclair comes off very town to me now.

As Farina has also said, you went from Tenshi is town, to Hammer Tenshi in a change of heart pretty quickly.
You mean Sayaka right? Are you sure you read what happened?

Analyzing this wagon is so hard. The spots I consider the most likely to be scum votes are Farina and Tenshi, which rams head first into how town I think they are.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »
What the fuck?

Okay. Farina and Kaori, that is bad and you should feel bad. You're seriously critizing me for lynching Sayaka's weird as fuck claim over a claim I thought was very town-looking? Meiya was the only other possible lynch at that point and I did not want to lynch her at all. Even her lynch was extremely unlikely after Sayaka's claiming went fuck all all over the place.

The other part of KAori's case is about how I felt on their claims, which is weird as heck because she seems to be making things up here. I think Meiya's claim makes her look very townie. Sure, I was tempted to let Sayaka live for one night, purely because vig is a provable role, this does not mean I actually thought her claim looked pretty town. The only other option being extremely better looking and the chance that several people would still want Meiya over Sayaka (Which was basically nonexistent, seriously) means there really was not any point to waiting.

It was also 1:30 am. I had to wake up at 7 and go be a functional person. I can't stay up to all hours of the night just to wait out the last hour of a day where almost everyone is not present and Sayaka is almost entirely guaranteed to be the lynch.

But even without the factor of my sleep, I don't know how you people can possibly think you're making a leigimate point and I'm getting ranty because I'm getting slightly "FFFFFFFFFFFF WHY >:C". It feels like you're grasping at straws and blowing insignificant things out of proportion just to try and push my lynch. That's pretty bad. ...gah, I'm supposed to be doing something else right now, not posting in mafia >.>;

As for Farina about Sayaka's cop claim, cop claims in general are suspicious, and moreso when claimed in LyLo or to try and stave off being lynched. Unlike, say, a vig, you can't prove someone is a cop without outrighting having a town rolecop or a real town cop counterclaiming. If someone firmly thought Sayaka was scum, and she claimed cop, it's not bad to keep voting her. Sayaka has no way to prove she isn't lying and if she's actually scum and doesn't get lynched, she easily fake results, which can also lead to at least one guaranteed mislynch for scum (Which is horribad if it's done in lylo)

Okay, Tenshi.

I think Busy's Mitsurugi bizarreness may be a bit overblown by both Irene and Martinozzi, but I do agree with the pseudo-"panic mongering" Martinozzi brought up in #190 being a bad thing. "Not me over me" not even halfway into Day 1 is not really something that is going to happen and trying to accuse someone of it (even ignoring that it's not really something you bring to bear against someone) in that scenario doesn't read as something a townie would do.
Okay, I don't know whether I should actually say this or not, because the core virtue of it is kind of retarded, but that was my hydra partner's opinion and I'm not wanting to shut them out of influencing the game or anything. They had points to back up our Eclair case so I sort of just put them in and didn't think about it very hard.

This is sort of trying to distance from myself in a way which is sort of dumb (Or just dumb period) so I don't care if you entirely disregard this.

Your analysis and comparison of my and Uesugi's post is awkward in many points overall, but I do not have to time to talk about this at all because I shouldn't even be on here right now. I'll get back to this when I'm home from school. What I will say though is just because I might have done something similar does not mean Uesugi's post wasn't scummy.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #217 on: March 21, 2012, 12:04:07 PM »
About Esuna:

I can see how it could be interpreted that the current case on Esuna is "blown out of proportion", but however sleepy one might be, they still have a brain that does stuff. There must have been something that made Esuna read Meiya as town, which she hasn't explained, and given that the excuse was a lack of time to get things straight after the three pages of walls, it feels weird that the first thing she'd do is reread Meiya; then become convinced that she's scum upon the reread because her roleplay fluffed up her posts, which should have been something clear to the naked eye in a matter of seconds upon reading any her posts.
I read through the whole thing in a couple of hours and could still make some decent sense out of it despite missing some points. However, Meiya's roleplaying is just not something you'd overlook, specially considering how difficult reading some of her walls was. Not to mention I consider that null due to roleplaying, but to each their own, I guess. Some may be willing to overlook this contradiction, but it's the scummiest thing around besides the active lurking so I'm not quitting my watch on Esuna anytime soon.

That doesn't mean I completely disregard her cases, though, she could perfectly be attempting to bus her way out of a sticky situation she can't explain, and I can get behind her reasoning for the Uesugi vote since she's my second strongest suspect aside from lurkers, given that I had already spotted the votepark myself earlier.

-After Yuno cut-

I also do not approve the 1 hour thing as part of the case. I hope that this detail that is surely blown out of proportion (by none other than my second scumread) gets ignored in light of what really is important about the case, which is the ridiculous read flip-flopping.

About Yuno:

I can understand your logic here, but it bugs me that it could perfectly be an a posteriori argument. It didn't ocurr to me that Sayaka's initial fakeclaim was scummy until Farina pointed it out, and your lack of mentioning it in your "HAMMER THIS PLEASE" post makes me doubt whether it really did cross your mind at the moment. I'm hoping you could deliver some content about somebody other than the lurkers soon, even if you prefer not to switch your vote along with it.

About Uesugi and Maka:

Your posts in D2 so far are particularly short and uninformative. I want more content from Maka today, but I'm more willing to forgive because being busy sucks. On the other hand, Uesugi just blurted out an "mkay your town" and completely disregarded all mentions I did of his scumminess in my post. The mention about his #73 I get she'd ignore, but completely ignoring an accusation of voteparking is off, and strengthens my scum read on her, would be willing to lynch as an alternative to Esuna.
I asked you to be transparent, but your post didn't give me any information on what you think about anybody who isn't Kaori obvlurkscum.

Wouldn't lynch: Eclair, Tenshi
Would lynch: Esuna = Uesugi >>>>>>> lurkers.
Iffy: Everyone else

Also Kaori, are you really paying so little attention to the game that you're mixing up Tenshi and Meiya?

Cut by Yuno saying the same thing.

Adding how I'm also pretty confused with Farina's post and vote. Why is there no content on Kaori there aside from the stretch of a vote on Tenshi (didn't her latest wall on Esuna/Uesugi/Blackrose convince you otherwise?) considering that she seemed like the preferred lynch for today?

Cut by Esuna, no more time, will read later.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #218 on: March 21, 2012, 12:06:57 PM »
I think it's weird as heck when people move along the lines of "In pot calling the kettle black situations, since the pot did it their point of the kettle being black is invalid." It does not make sense.

Also I was cut but I'll have to read it later.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #219 on: March 21, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
Okay I lied but OH GOD I CAN'T STOP PLAYING MAFIA

Also Kaori, are you really paying so little attention to the game that you're mixing up Tenshi and Meiya?
Wow I didn't even notice that. Reading fast because you're not supposed to be doing it is so cool :c

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #220 on: March 21, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »
Also I hope Kaori's bad case influences the people who think she's just lurking and not actually being scummy. Note how it's made of The One Hour Reason and weird claim opinions that I refuted a few posts ago.

Okay I'm seriously leaving now fffff

OH I FORGOT HER QUESTION

My opinion is that I firmly believe you are both scum and thus as long as one of you is lynched I'm fine.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #221 on: March 21, 2012, 12:38:28 PM »
I can understand your logic here, but it bugs me that it could perfectly be an a posteriori argument. It didn't ocurr to me that Sayaka's initial fakeclaim was scummy until Farina pointed it out, and your lack of mentioning it in your "HAMMER THIS PLEASE" post makes me doubt whether it really did cross your mind at the moment. I'm hoping you could deliver some content about somebody other than the lurkers soon, even if you prefer not to switch your vote along with it.
Farina isn't the one who pointed it out and was in fact responding to me talking about how fake the claim was.. Read this, then this, and finally this huge post explaining exactly what was wrong with the claim and then tell me how we never talked about the fakeclaim.

If you mean the for reals this time for sure claim after, my thought process can be summed up as this:
"Whoohoo the scum knows she's caught and is now fakeclaiming random things party at Yukkii's house!"  :toot:
Followed by:  :fail:

I am actually waiting for something before I finish putting my opinions together. Most of my reads haven't changed. I'm studying Uesugi and Maka right now, Esuna later, but haven't come to any decisions. For Uesugi I liked early posts, some later things were off. The top part of #144 is awkward, taking a stance on the wagons is good but the reason not to vote for Meiya felt convoluted.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #222 on: March 21, 2012, 12:58:33 PM »
Vote Counting

BlackRose: (2) Yuno Gasai, Quicksword Irene
Kaori Kanzaki: (2) Tenshi Hinanawi, Uesugi Kenshin
Eclair Martinozzi: (1) Meiya Mitsurugi
Esuna Busy: (2) Eclair Martinozzi, Kaori Kanzaki
Uesugi Kenshin: (2) Maka Albarn, Esuna Busy
Tenshi Hinanawi: (2) BlackRose, Farina

Not Voting: Nobody!

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

~39 hours remaining.

Countdown timer

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #223 on: March 21, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »
Seconding the "can't stop playing mafia" sentiment. I shouldn't have turned on the internet this morning.

And uh... you're totally right, I'm sorry about that, Yuno. I probably should've waited until this afternoon to get a proper reread before I posted that, I guess I got a little ahead of myself when finding that my first impressions hadn't turned out to be as bad as I thought.

I need some more time to think over Esuna's hydra claim. Had I been voting her now, I'd be unvoting here, since I'm slightly less willing to lynch her than my other suspect right now.

Anyway, I found what it is exactly in Farina's post that bugs me. One of the points on your Tenshi case is her refusing to read the wagon, which looks pretty bad when you don't really do it yourself. Don't you think that Uesugi's votepark was a particularly scummy vote in Miki's wagon? why is there almost no mention at all regarding Uesugi and Kaori in your post when wagons were being started on them?
It feels like you just went hipster mode and disregarded any possibility of commenting anything in-depth about them. You said be fine with Kaori's lynch for unknown reasons (which are pretty obvious, but still unmentioned), but that's it. The fact that you agreed with Esuna's disconnect, poked at it but didn't find it scummy enough to vote doesn't help either.

Definitely leaving for a while now, so I'll make clear that I'm keeping my Blackrose vote. I want her to talk more, and since some people are clearing her because ??, she doesn't seem like a quicklynch candidate while I'm gone. Keeping the two votes on her at this point still makes her a viable lynch for the day, which gets the pressure on for her to post. I wouldn't be very comfortable switching to any of my other candidates either way, because there's one person voting for each that I don't like, and I want to have more information on them before I consider their motives free of scum motivation. I would also very much like it if some of these happened at some point:
- Farina explaining some.
- Kaori posting more, preferrably some reads so we know what the hell is going on in her head.
- Uesugi responding to the votepark and accusation of lurking barely avoiding prods.
- Meiya justifying her vote on whoever. Whenever she has the time to do so.
- A more transparent Maka post.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2012, 03:37:12 PM »
On the other people, she says she doesn't support their lynches because "She doesn't see a viable case" or "I need to see more from her first", rather then "I think ____ is town". This leaves her options open to be able to easily later jump on them later in the game with a vote if she deigns to... while simultaneously still in the future be able to say she thinks/thought they were town, and whichever she does fits perfectly fine with what she said in the past. (Scum benefit from keeping their supportable mislynch options open.)

I don't like this argument in your Kenshin case, Esuna, because it is rather weak. Even if you declare Farina Town during D1, you can still declare her Scum during D2 after a 'reread' or similar excuse. Having  a Town read isn't the cemented 'I cannot possibly lynch that person now' that you claim it is, and in light of your sweeping declaration of Towniness of various people this argument stinks to me more.

Cut by Uesugi herself! Her Kaori vote is something obvious to anyone at this point and even if they're both scum I'd honestly be expecting scum to be bussing Kaori right now anyway.

This applies just as strongly to you. I wouldn't say you haven't had many opinions since you declared a lot of people Town, but you've notably never gone for anyone except me in the early game, Meiya in the lategame and then flip-flopping on your read of her (Town, not Town, Town, not Town). D1, you certainly never stuck out your neck and went for something that wasn't easy, egregious mostly because you lurked through most of it. Why is Kenshin scummy for this while you should not be? Why should I vote Kenshin for this and not you? This isn't a point of 'pot calling the kettle black and since both are black pot's opinion is invalid,' it is 'pot calling the kettle black, why should we lynch kettle over pot?'

Okay, I don't know whether I should actually say this or not, because the core virtue of it is kind of retarded, but that was my hydra partner's opinion and I'm not wanting to shut them out of influencing the game or anything. They had points to back up our Eclair case so I sort of just put them in and didn't think about it very hard.

Are you serious. Your defense is 'it isn't my fault blame my hydra?'

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »
The correct reaction to fakeclaiming cop is to ever the everloving poo poo out of the person.
Which is why she's scummy! What was up with the pointless posturing about how she was tempted to leave Sayaka alive, huh? That just looks like scum trying to look better when their hammer target turns out to actually be the vig. It'd be reasonable if she didn't use the hammer in the same post.

Also, this pretty much my response to Esuna's post, too, since she didn't really invalidate the point of "why fluff up your post with posturing when you're gonna hammer anyway if it's not to make yourself look better after the flip?"! So... yep! I'm still not satisfied with her.

Anyway, I found what it is exactly in Farina's post that bugs me. One of the points on your Tenshi case is her refusing to read the wagon, which looks pretty bad when you don't really do it yourself. Don't you think that Uesugi's votepark was a particularly scummy vote in Miki's wagon? why is there almost no mention at all regarding Uesugi and Kaori in your post when wagons were being started on them?
It feels like you just went hipster mode and disregarded any possibility of commenting anything in-depth about them. You said be fine with Kaori's lynch for unknown reasons (which are pretty obvious, but still unmentioned), but that's it. The fact that you agreed with Esuna's disconnect, poked at it but didn't find it scummy enough to vote doesn't help either.
There's nothing to say about Kaori that hasn't already been said by others, and it's not like I didn't mention her, either.

If I wasn't reading the wagon, then why'd I spend my time talking about Esuna and Maka's votes on it!? I just didn't mention Uesugi and Yuno because I didn't think they handled the wagon in a scummy manner, of course. Yuno's already done a fine job of explaining her reactions to Sayaka's claim, and it basically details the impression I got. Meiya can't really be judged either, she voted on Not Me Over Me and didn't look like scum trying to abuse that. (Also, a part of me wants to believe Uesugi is town just because she's the only :goodposter: not posting a shit-ton of walls at this point. Seriously.)

I'm pretty obviously willing to lend my service to Esuna's wagon and have never stated otherwise. Are you making stuff up about me to discredit me?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2012, 09:20:48 PM »
Maka, Blackrose, Uesugi and Kaori have been prodded.

Because I feel like it.

<Conq> None of these people were actually in official prod zone, for the record. If they haven't posted by the time their timer is up, they'll receive an ~*official*~ prod.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 11:24:36 PM by Conqueror »

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
I hate the backspace.

Is this seriously halfway through D2? I figured the reason why there wasn't much activity while I was asleep was because people were on different GMTs, but almost nothing has happened since I woke up. Can I mirror Maka's activity prod here?

@ Farina
When I talked about finding the lack of support to the Esuna lynch weird, I probably should've specified that this was because you seemed to prefer to focus only on the part of the case on her that said that "hammering 1 hour before the deadline with a fluffed up post is scummy", instead of the scummier read flip-flopping, and preferred to vote Tenshi over odd reasons:
- Wanting to turn D2 into a Blackrose/Kaori dichotomy, when a simple glance further down the thread showed that she was focusing on things other than LAL.
- Deflecting people from analyzing wagons, which seems like quite a stretch.

I honestly don't read Tenshi as so damn townie I'd lynch somebody over voting her, if people find scummy behaviour in her that I've overlooked, I'll be more than happy to look into it. It's just that your reasons to vote her aside from scolding Yuno in late D1 seem so... bland.
I understand them, but they're just not something I'd vote somebody over. It felt like you were giving somebody outright scummy a pass and fabricating reasons to vote for Tenshi.

I never said that this was ridiculously scummy and that I'd lynch you for it. In fact, I'd be inclined to think that it's just play not keeping up with my expectations, if it weren't for this:

(Also, a part of me wants to believe Uesugi is town just because she's the only :goodposter: not posting a shit-ton of walls at this point. Seriously.)

What in the hell. I can get behind this reasoning when it's ED1 and people using voice recognition makes you want to lynch them, but it's halfway through D2, and to be willing to lynch somebody for posting lots of content/not wanting to lynch somebody for posting not posting lots of content is a ridiculous way of throwing out a town read.
Uesugi voteparked on Sayaka D1, dissapeared, came back a little before the deadline and very briefly commented that she "didn't like her recent posts", using that reasoning to keep said vote. This has been pointed out, and Uesugi completely ignored it and went on to vote a lurker. How in the heck do you completely overlook this scummy behaviour and label him town for an ED1 jokereason?

It'd be weird that I didn't give a suspect a chance to defend themselves after doing it all the time, so elaborate on Uesugi, please.

Are you making stuff up about me to discredit me?

I'll try to word this in the least discreditable way possible.
I can see how somebody would think I'm doing this after what happened with Yuno. I was absolutely wrong about that because I posted something I shouldn't have without checking through the thread again, yes, but hearing this discrediting accusation from you is pots kettles (ry

Cut by... Pesco? and holy damn that's a lot of prods.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2012, 09:39:41 PM »
"Not wanting to lynch somebody for posting not posting lots of content"

How did I do that.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2012, 10:05:54 PM »
I'd bet that this is mainly a problem of seeing things differently, hm.

Tenshi's D1 opener is scummy, though. Ignoring a flipped D1 wagon is scummy because it's lazy scumhunting to not even bother, since flipped wagons are valuable... especially when there's the possibility of finding scum reactions to a cop claim, which they would obviously want to lynch. Immediately driving the day toward two lurker lynches without an explanation why Lurker A is more likely to flip scum than Lurker B, or a reasonable explanation why focusing on lurkers is more interesting than any other options is also weak, lazy and therefore scummy. I didn't think Tenshi's second post today made her look much better, since she was still ultimately voting a lurker lynch without an answer to any of what I just described.

LALu is a valid and effective strategy, but it's not all-encompassing. In the end, it's still something scum can abuse to distract and mislead town. I'm still reading BlackRose as town and don't have enough faith that Kaori will flip scum to assume that driving the day toward a lurker dichotomy instead of analyzing the flipped town wagon and related players isn't a scum move.

The line about wanting to believe Uesugi is town was a joke. In short, I've re-read her multiple times and haven't been able to see her as "obvscum lurker manipulating reads so that she can jump on whoever" instead of "succinct townie not posting more than necessary". There are specific issues I have with the case on her as well, but I believe she's a capable enough woman that I'd like to see her defend herself instead of me!

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »
Back now, but later than I wanted to be, and I won't be here for too long. I suspect I won't get to cover everything I want to cover before heading out again. Should be good for the calendar day after coming back the second time, though.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »
Prods; Prods Everywhere

BlackRose: (2) Yuno Gasai, Quicksword Irene
Kaori Kanzaki: (2) Tenshi Hinanawi, Uesugi Kenshin
Eclair Martinozzi: (1) Meiya Mitsurugi
Esuna Busy: (2) Eclair Martinozzi, Kaori Kanzaki
Uesugi Kenshin: (2) Maka Albarn, Esuna Busy
Tenshi Hinanawi: (2) BlackRose, Farina
Not Voting: Nobody!
With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

~29.5 hours remaining.
Countdown timer

Farina receives a retroactive prod for bookkeeping purposes.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 12:03:01 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
Back with why Uesugi is scum.

To recap, her presence yesterday was almost nonexistant and her vote was parked for the entirety of the day onto a single person. Posts have been lacking in much content at all and gives off a feeling of just sticking around on someone than real hunting. The "follow up" on her vote from her third post is just responding to Sayaka about things that didn't even concern her. The whole post is kinda pointless and just defending others by attempting to poke holes in her logic. This is unrelated to her vote or hunting in many ways.
And then her #144 gives NO solid stances on who she thinks is scum, but she does leave herself open to lynch any of the lurkers and fencesits on Meira, who was a big thing at the time. And then saying you will not support the lynch of two people doesn't hold much water as they had sorta calmed down at the time and two main wagons had been formed. I see a fair amount of scum intent from this post alone. And then that's all for Day 1, which looks less than amazing.

And then today's case on Kaori just smells like taking the low hanging lurker mislynch fruit with minimal effort.

Gonna get this out there, more on others later. But she's my #1 pick for the day.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2012, 10:54:42 PM »
One hour later, I realize that I accidentally typed "Tenshi's D1" instead of "Tenshi's D2" in my recent post. Um, whoops? I think it's obvious what I meant, but... I hope this clears things up!

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2012, 11:00:54 PM »
Okay, here we go. This is a bit more mixed than usually but I'll try to divide it for clarity regardless. Doubly so given how long it is.

Responses to Farina

I didn't completely disregard the D1 wagon, I had looked it over and saw 7 votes that I found reasonable for one reason or another. Some were for reasonable cases, some were for needing a lynch, one was Not Me Over Me, etc. I'll admit this lack of word clarity may be on me, though, because I can see how the first two sentences of my first D2 post looked like I hadn't given it more than a passing glance and a handwave. Hopefully with this explanation my wording there will be a bit clearer. Ultimately I disliked Kanzaki and BlackRose more than anyone on the wagon even after going over the wagon, and that's why my vote ended up where it did.

Esuna's vote in particular needs a bit more touching upon from my standpoint. This may be because I'm not the strongest-willed person about these sorts of things, but having fallen victim to it myself multiple times in the past regardless of alignment, I am willing to grant someone a little slack for succumbing to deadline lynch pressure and flipping out a little bit. The sleepiness thing I'm willing to give a little bit of slack to as well, again due to personal experience. Hell, just in this game, in my not-totally-coherent mindset last night I completely skipped over responding to Kanzaki's question directed at me. (As much as the post was incredibly forgettable regardless of one's mental state.) Between those two things, I didn't mind Esuna's later-day actions that much. There is at least one other notable "aspect" of this slack-handout that I have yet to mention, though, but I'm going to withhold speaking any more on it until I see certain posts from certain people and have a chance to see what those posts do (and do not) contain. Please bear with me on this one. (And no, I'm not waiting for role shenanigans or anything like that.)

I'm a little surprised that BlackRose's content sits well with you when of her grand total of two legit scumhunting posts, one stopped reading the game with 30 posts still to go and the other containted at least oner rather unfair accusation (the "disappearing" thing). The latter was also addressed by me in full already, a response that you don't seem to have acknowledged at all. What parts of BlackRose's hunting is good? If you could produce specific examples that'd be peachy.

The Yuno thing I will address later in this post.

The Pot Calling The Kettle Black

Martinozzi hit the nail on the head in regards to stuff like "you're accusing someone of being scum for reasons that apply to you as well". Pointing this out doesn't magically make the accusation invalid, no, but what it does do is weaken the weight of your case because it strengthens a/the case against you. Why should we lynch the person you're attacking ahead of you when you two are guilty of the same things? This is why I asked for a possible explanation for why the two posts I highlighted were different; if Busy can show me why her #130 is better than Kenshin's #144, then I will think more of Busy and less of Kenshin.

The Pot Calling The Kettle Black/Farina read this

With this, let's go back to the Yuno thing. Farina's right: I expressed willingness to vote for BlackRose while also not having Gasai's BlackRose push sit well with me at the time. The best defense I can offer for this is that I hope the amount of effort I (didn't) put into pushing the point demonstrates how much I wanted to hold it over Gasai's head. Contrast this with Busy including the assessment of Kenshin's #144 in her list of most important things to her case, which is why I pushed her about it. Beyond that, I can't blame anyone for holding it against me. All I can do is keep going in a fashion that I hope makes you change your mind about me.

Okay you're good

Responses to Kanzaki

Since I didn't address it in last night's post, yes, I give slight vote preference to no effort over terrible effort. As much as I thought that would be obvious from my original voting post, but eh.

The Busy vote fails to inspire by using the parts of the case I liked less (the hour to deadline thing in particular leaves a bad taste in my mouth). I'm also not confident she was completely focused on it, given, as others pointed out, that the reference to me should have been a reference to Miki. I'm also not entirely sure Kanzaki is aware that we need a majority to lynch because her "change of heart" comment on Busy seems to suggest Kanzaki thinks Busy laid the hammer down for changing her mind and deciding Miki was scum rather than because we needed that majority. This would be pretty bad misrep of Esuna if so.

Busy's Schizophrenia

I doubt I would have signed up for the game if I knew hydras were in it, but such are the perils of Anonymafia, I guess. Moving on regardless.

If your partner was the one that posted the "not me over me" thing, then the solution is simple: have them come back in and explain it. If that's not possible, then it's still a strike against the Busy camp regardless of which person posted it. Hydra or no hydra, someone, for some reason, thought it a good idea to post that under the Busy banner, and as much as I won't hold it personally against the head that didn't post, I will hold it against the player, because it is a terribad reason to vote for someone even by D1 standards.

I think this might actually be everything I wanted to get to, actually. Albarn posted more Uesugi reasoning while I was writing this, though, and since I kinda want dinner before I head back out a proper read and assessment may have to wait a couple of hours. (Also, yes, Farina, I figured you meant D2 instead of D1.)

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2012, 11:10:10 PM »
As unfortunate as it is, I am creating this post to inform the good townsfolk here that my unavailability shall continue for approximately 9~12 hours. After this period of inactivity, I shall be able to devote my efforts fully towards this game once more. I must sincerely apologize to all of you yet again for my inactivity.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2012, 11:24:10 PM »
I wouldn't say you haven't had many opinions since you declared a lot of people Town, but you've notably never gone for anyone except me in the early game
I disappeared after ED1 because me and my partner weren't avaliable and after that I haven't touched you. YES the disappearing isn't a good thing but it's also a different matter entirely.

If you want to accuse me of only going after easy targets, then does that mean Uesugi is suddenly an "easy target"? I sort of wrote up a big wall on why I think she's scum. Even if you don't agree with all of that.

Speaking of Uesugi, HEY FARINA WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO CONDENSE THE CASE INTO
"obvscum lurker manipulating reads so that she can jump on whoever"

You pick one of the most easily disagreeable points on the case almost like you're trying to discredit it. Did you see her D2 post? All she did was vote Kaori and be unhappy with me for my very obviously weird end-of-d1. She ignored everything else. She also only talking of finding fault with me hammering with an hour left in the day, which we've been over why that's a COMPLETELY non-scummy thing in this case.

Quote from: Farina
(Also, a part of me wants to believe Uesugi is town just because she's the only :goodposter: not posting a shit-ton of walls at this point. Seriously.)
Because clearly you seem to think her D2 post is Really Good and better then what other people are saying, so you must think that only mentioning a super silly reason on me and then sitting on the superobvious Kaori wagon is a nice post.

You seem to be saying loooots of things today that I think are really funked up. Maybe I should make a list.
Quote from: Eclair
Even if you declare Farina Town during D1, you can still declare her Scum during D2 after a 'reread' or similar excuse.
This is so amusing to me now because her constant weirdness D2 is making me want to reread her D1.

Anyway in other news I think Irene 2.0 is very town.

Also Farina, what do you think of Kaori's post where she makes a case on me? Please don't cite anything about your own feelings on me or things from other people's case on me. Please only pay attention to the case that -she- made for the sake of this question. I would like to know how you feel about it because you seem to think Kaori does not look too bad (Maybe a little bad, but not too bad, because you express that you don't have much faith she'd flip scum.)

Finally, I've remembered I meant to address my actions at the end of D1, which many have found suspect, and it looks like it's horribly disjointed, doesn't it?

Even apart from my own state rushing to catch up with half the game, I disliked all the ending wagons, and was basically forced to have to vote for one of the three anyway. I thought both Sayaka and Meiya were town and disliked the Eclair wagon as well as thinking she'd improved since ED1. But I had to pick one of them, so I ended up having to decide which town read could possibly be more likely scum, so I just sort of grasped at the first thing I noticed while rereading Sayaka's posts and Meiya's flamboyant walls and tried to make it sound like I actually somewhat believed it.

Okay if I missed anything just tell me. Oh dear three cuts. And just disregard the hydra comment I made, it's ridiculous to try to defend the action in such a manner. I tend not to really think something's not a good idea until after I do it.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
As much as I've expressed my willingness to contribute to lynching Uesugi, I don't like Maka's last post one bit.

It might be slightly confirmation-biasy because her very strict amount of content was on the level of Uesugi's, and I felt both were focusing on talking about one person alone, which doesn't give any information on what they think about anybody else at all. Like Esuna said, this is scummy, since they can just make up an entire read on the spot without having to make it tie up with earlier reads.

So yeah, Maka's last post literally added nothing to her initial vote post. I liked her better when she at least pointed out that Uesugi was almost at prod time when posting, which showed she was actually rereading and getting stuff straight. Despite the lack of time she might be subject to, I doubt town would post twice to say the very same thing about their case.

Uesugi is my main priority, and lynches I find possible but would like more information on if possible before supporting would be Kaori's, Blackrose's, Maka's and Esuna's.

Cut by Esuna, reading.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2012, 11:31:29 PM »
so I just sort of grasped at the first thing I noticed while rereading Sayaka's posts and Meiya's flamboyant walls and tried to make it sound like I actually somewhat believed it.
This is worded a little awkwardly. I didn't intend to make it sound like I had completely faked what I was saying about Meiya, which it sort of looks like here. This would be a better wording.

so I just sort of grasped at the first thing I noticed while rereading Sayaka's posts and Meiya's flamboyant walls and ran with it while trying to make it actually sound like I had changed my mind to think she's scum. (As opposed to voting a less-town-then-Sayaka read)

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2012, 11:42:37 PM »
It might be slightly confirmation-biasy because her very strict amount of content was on the level of Uesugi's, and I felt both were focusing on talking about one person alone, which doesn't give any information on what they think about anybody else at all. Like Esuna said, this is scummy, since they can just make up an entire read on the spot without having to make it tie up with earlier reads.

What I meant to say is that I've been thinking this throughout the day, and therefore it's an everpresent thing in my head right now.

I find myself agreeing with Esuna's accusations of Farina ignoring important parts of cases, it seems to be a recurring thing.

Esuna, can you answer that bit about your #130?