Author Topic: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 61715 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #300 on: June 30, 2011, 01:16:01 AM »
> "Just remember, I'm out spellcards. If things get ugly...well, no guarantees."
> "Anyway, I should probably get Rinnosuke his wine sooner rather than later. I don't suppose I could bother someone to let him know its on its way to him once the meeting adjourns?"
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #301 on: June 30, 2011, 01:36:42 AM »
> "Just remember, I'm out spellcards. If things get ugly...well, no guarantees."
> "Anyway, I should probably get Rinnosuke his wine sooner rather than later. I don't suppose I could bother someone to let him know its on its way to him once the meeting adjourns?"

>Byakuren nods. "As can happen with faeries."
>"I guess we could," says Maribel. "It'll be on the way."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #302 on: June 30, 2011, 01:40:52 AM »
> "Thanks. You're a dear."
> Stand up.
> "I'll be heading out, then. Anything anyone wants while I'm puttering around, aside from the obvious?"

---

Okay, Fightest, I'm going to assume you are at least caught up to here on your own.

* Hakugyokurou was confirmed affected, so the transformation superceded realm boundaries. With Higan it's impossible to tell, but Komachi's coins were unaffected due to being more soul currency than capitalism currency, which means the focus really was monetary value. It seems the origin of this power is somewhere in Gensokyo; the way we've heard what we've heard heavily suggests, at least, that Bhava-Agra is not responsible.
* Kanako and Suwako believed the act to be one of faith. Patchouli has since said this is incorrect and that it's an act of something similar to faith but not actually faith. Whatever that could be. Apparently it's "some other aspect of the mind and soul".
* We've learned about Yorihime and that she more or less functions as a shrine maiden of the moon. There's an outside shot we'll get her investigative help but it's rather unlikely. We've also learned that Tewi has been missing from Eientei since this morning. From the most recent posts, it sounds like she was last seen heading south from the SDM. Also worth noting that Eirin was unable to make the meeting tonight due to unmentioned circumstances.
* Shinki has been mentioned as a possible culprit but deemed very unlikely by Marisa.
* The sword blade matches a broken hilt that's been in Kourindou since (I believe) Patchy Quest. We bought it for four bottles of 20-currency wine which we still need to deliver. A hole's been blown in the overall sword at the hilt that the human village blacksmith immediately said she couldn't fix since she couldn't even tell how the sword was made in the first place. Patchouli has found the writing on it is Celtic (the GFC had a cute little argument about the language that ended in both of them being wrong) and that there's some sort of odd power that it has inherited somehow, one which likely contributed to the blacksmith being unable to fix it. Meiling said she's seen a sword "like it" somewhere inside the SDM. I'm personally not convinced this is important but others have leaned that way a bit.
* (Two of) The PrismReznors have agreed to put on a concert for the Myouren Temple and give us Merlin's broken blade in exchange for the Myouren Temple fixing their roof and Shou apologizing to Merlin for Patchy Quest sitar trauma. Byakuren's already cashed in that concert, having them play for the human village to lift spirits.
* Renko was initially afraid of attending the Magic Club meeting due her history with Alice. Nothing seems to have gone awry just yet, though maybe the poison in their cake is slow-working.
* The Clay Sculpting Set that's been in Kourindou for the past couple of games is actually a lockpick set disguised as a scuplting set.
* Nitori's busy with something (I know what it probably is as a player, Nue has no clue) and Utsuho was theoretically with her. There's a "Go Away >:(" sign on her door. Pounding on it and shouting incendiary things did nothing.
* We have some food in our possession for when we get hungry.
* Isaiah Mustafa punched a hole in a wall.
* Flandre is the greatest gate guard of all time.
* The jeweler in the human village is a bro.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:51:33 AM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #303 on: June 30, 2011, 02:03:02 AM »
> "Thanks. You're a dear."
> Stand up.
> "I'll be heading out, then. Anything anyone wants while I'm puttering around, aside from the obvious?"

>"No problem," says Maribel.
>"If you find any mahogany," says Alice, "I would be greatly appreciative."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #304 on: June 30, 2011, 02:04:09 AM »
> Do we know mahogany by sight?
> Pantomime a couple of whittling motions.
> "For that thing, I assume?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #305 on: June 30, 2011, 02:28:34 AM »
> Do we know mahogany by sight?
> Pantomime a couple of whittling motions.
> "For that thing, I assume?"

>Your many talents do not include woodworking.
>Alice nods.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #306 on: June 30, 2011, 02:43:59 AM »
> "Sure, I can keep an eye out. Not much of a woodworker, though. How'll I know if I see some?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #307 on: June 30, 2011, 02:55:54 AM »
> "Sure, I can keep an eye out. Not much of a woodworker, though. How'll I know if I see some?"

>"Let me get you a bit," says Alice, raising a hand into the air and gesturing. After a moment, a doll approaches her, and she softly says something to it.
>"Hey, if you see Reimu," says Marisa. "Try to tell her what we've figured out? You know, assuming she hasn't blamed you and stuff."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #308 on: June 30, 2011, 03:00:49 AM »
> Nod.
> "Can do. Talked to her earlier, and as far as I know she hasn't blamed me yet."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #309 on: June 30, 2011, 03:13:04 AM »
> Nod.
> "Can do. Talked to her earlier, and as far as I know she hasn't blamed me yet."

>"Good, thanks," says Marisa. "I oughta be out there helping, but Patchy sent me a letter earlier making me promise to help her out with some research back home."
>"You be quiet," says Patchouli. "I had to drop everything, so you can help out just a little bit."
>A doll approaches you, and offers a chip of dark wood, about two inches long and a quarter inch thick. It seems to have been roughly carved from something.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #310 on: June 30, 2011, 04:32:25 AM »
> "Reimu said she wanted you to have a day off regardless, so it worked out. Kinda."
> Take the piece of wood.
> "Thanks."

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #311 on: June 30, 2011, 04:38:05 AM »
Nue bus time

> Thank Alice for hosting us
> Take our leave.
> Take flight towards the SDM

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #312 on: June 30, 2011, 04:40:05 AM »
Just out of curiosity, why are we going to the SDM and not home to get the alcohol we owe Rinnosuke tonight?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #313 on: June 30, 2011, 04:42:47 AM »
Because I thought we were going to fairyland first and forgot about liquor

> Perform an AMAZING ACROBATIC FEAT and turn around and head to the Underground

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #314 on: June 30, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »
Fairyland is a priority but I remember from PatchQ that Rinnosuke is a dangerous man to slight. :C

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #315 on: June 30, 2011, 04:49:40 AM »
Also I am about to go to bed so I would like to put this out there now.

If/What we get back home, I would like us to grab SIX (6) bottles of the fruit wine. Or whatever it was that Rinnosuke wanted. (Might want to read back or command-check to be sure.) I've suddenly realized that I want that lockpick set, because it's extremely unlikely anyone else is going to put it to its proper use, and hopefully two extra bottles will be enough for it and forgiveness for being so late in the first place.

« Reply #316 on: June 30, 2011, 04:50:53 AM »
>Do we have any lockpicks of our own?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #317 on: June 30, 2011, 04:53:58 AM »
> "Reimu said she wanted you to have a day off regardless, so it worked out. Kinda."
> Take the piece of wood.
> "Thanks."

>"Well, not exactly," says Marisa, frowning.
>You obtain: Mahogany Scrap.
>"It's just a scrap, do with it as you please," says Alice.

> Thank Alice for hosting us
> Take our leave.
> Take flight towards the SDM

>"It's no problem," says Alice. "Do be discreet in sharing what you've learned about our activities."
>With that, you leave and head in the direction of Scarlet Devil Mansion. From a distance, you can see the two guards are still in place.

> Perform an AMAZING ACROBATIC FEAT and turn around and head to the Underground

>Whups! You start back toward the entrance to the Underground. It's a longer trip, but the moonlight forest is fairly peaceful in Reimu's wake. Soon, you see the mountainside where the cavern lies, quiet and unassuming in the darkness.

>Do we have any lockpicks of our own?

>You do not. It's been a long time since you needed them, living in a place with very few locks.

>_

« Reply #318 on: June 30, 2011, 04:55:45 AM »
>Continue onward

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #319 on: June 30, 2011, 05:26:43 AM »
>Continue onward

>You enter into the cavern, and make your way toward the Ancient City. How will you be approaching it?

>_

« Reply #320 on: June 30, 2011, 05:46:28 AM »
>Approach it casually, but keep an eye and ear out in case things really did get nastier down here since we left.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #321 on: June 30, 2011, 06:14:13 AM »
>Approach it casually, but keep an eye and ear out in case things really did get nastier down here since we left.

>You make your way down the tunnels, staying wary for unusual things. As you pass through the web-filled chamber,you think you hear some noises from one of the shafts, but it's nothing that bothers you so you leave it be. Continuing onward, you see no signs of muggers, and thankfully don't have any trouble of that sort. Soon, the bridge is visible at the bottom of the corridor lined with rocky shelves. You can hear the music of the city, but it's still pretty anemic compared to what it should be this time of day.

>_

« Reply #322 on: June 30, 2011, 06:26:34 AM »
>Anemic is much better than too loud, given the circumstances...
>Continue into the city

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #323 on: June 30, 2011, 07:17:53 AM »
>Anemic is much better than too loud, given the circumstances...
>Continue into the city

>You continue into the city. Thankfully, it isn't noisy enough to suggest a riot has happened. But, you notice plums of smoke rising into the air from a few parts of the city, suggesting that sizable fires have broken out somewhere. The plumes a fairly thin, thankfully, suggesting the fires have been largely dealt with. It is a relief; fire in a dense city like this can be devastating.

>_

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #324 on: June 30, 2011, 07:19:33 AM »
> Carefully head to our bar.
> Where's our trident?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #325 on: June 30, 2011, 07:25:39 AM »
> Carefully head to our bar.
> Where's our trident?

>You make your way toward the pub district. The streets are kind of empty, what few oni you see are moving quickly, and you notice the market is still a mess. Several ruined stalls are easily seen on your way to the pub district, and debris rests here and there. Once in awhile you note the occasional oni in the rubble, out cold. Unconscious oni aren't that unusual of a sight or a cause for concern, save for the signs that something bigger than a punch-up happened here.
>Getting the pub district, you see that the streets are still fairly empty, but quite a few pubs seem to be active The damage here seems to be more everyday things, the odd broken window or door knocked from its hinges. There's a fair amount of it. Your pub seems to be undamaged, at least from a distance.
>Your trident is resting on you back, leaning against one of your wings lightly, in its sheath.

>_

« Reply #326 on: June 30, 2011, 07:30:48 AM »
>Continue on to our pub

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #327 on: June 30, 2011, 07:49:38 AM »
>Continue on to our pub

>You make your way back to your tavern.
>Walking inside, you are pleased to find it's intact. No broken tables, the walls are still standing, the floors are not littered with the remains of bottles and jars. There are a few oni drinking here, but it's a little empty for this time of day. Nazrin is presently wiping off a table. "Oh hey, welcome back," she says. "How'd it go?"

>_

« Reply #328 on: June 30, 2011, 08:07:52 AM »
>Walk over to her
>"Oh, could be worse. Found out a few things, but not as many as I'd like. Spent the whole day flying around, searching, talking to people and all that. The towns on the surface were all in their own sort of hubbub about it - tengu are on lockdown, humans were pretty agitated, too, but seem to be a little better now, anyway. We still can't really pin this mess on anyone, but we've got a couple clues we didn't have this afternoon. That's something, anyway."
>"Speaking of which, it's good to see this place still looking so good. How's business been?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #329 on: June 30, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
>Walk over to her
>"Oh, could be worse. Found out a few things, but not as many as I'd like. Spent the whole day flying around, searching, talking to people and all that. The towns on the surface were all in their own sort of hubbub about it - tengu are on lockdown, humans were pretty agitated, too, but seem to be a little better now, anyway. We still can't really pin this mess on anyone, but we've got a couple clues we didn't have this afternoon. That's something, anyway."
>"Speaking of which, it's good to see this place still looking so good. How's business been?"

>Nazrin nods along as you summarize.
>"Crazy, for awhile," says Nazrin. "You're actually kind of running low. Made a good pile of gems, though."

>_