Author Topic: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 61688 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Nue Quest 3rd Impact: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 05:03:33 AM »
> Nod.
> "All right. Thank you, it's appreciated."
> "On a different note, I've heard that you deal with someone from the moon occasionally that functions as a shrine maiden type. How easily can you get in contact with this person?"

>Reisen gives a look toward Eirin.
>"That would be an issue I am hesitant to elaborate upon," she says. "To be honest, I would normally just tell you something else, but that would be impolite, considering what you've told us. I am afraid it is a matter I would prefer not to discuss."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 05:08:03 AM »
> Frown.
> "Uh..huh. Well, okay. Might as well tell you anyway. I asked because they might be able to help. I got in touch with the mountain shrine maiden. Turns out her goddesses are pretty strongly theorizing that the power that turned everyone's money into gems was faith-based. If they're not sure of it already. If a major effort of faith is responsible, then I figure the more faith-based help we can get, the better."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 05:31:09 AM »
> Frown.
> "Uh..huh. Well, okay. Might as well tell you anyway. I asked because they might be able to help. I got in touch with the mountain shrine maiden. Turns out her goddesses are pretty strongly theorizing that the power that turned everyone's money into gems was faith-based. If they're not sure of it already. If a major effort of faith is responsible, then I figure the more faith-based help we can get, the better."

>"I'll see what can be done," says Eirin. "But it would not be wise to get your hopes up."
>You think she is about to say more, but then you hear a small explosion from the direction you came from.
>"Oh for the love of..." Eirin mutters.

>_

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 05:34:30 AM »
>Turn around and look
>Can we see anything?
>If not: "What was that?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2011, 05:52:43 AM »
>Turn around and look
>Can we see anything?
>If not: "What was that?"

>You look back and see the doors.
>As you do, Reisen gets to her feet and takes to the air, flying toward the doors. As she does, several gems float out of her pockets and hover around her.
>"That," Eirin says with a sigh, standing up. "Would be Mokou. Her timing is impeccably awful. It would be best if you stayed out of the way for awhile."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2011, 02:51:48 PM »
> Can we tell what time it is, beyond 'night'?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
> Can we tell what time it is, beyond 'night'?

>Fairly early. You can't imagine it's much beyond ten thirty.

>_

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow
>"What, does she make a habit of this or something?"
>Does Eirin seem to also be moving off towards the doors, as well?
>The garden we're in is open-roofed, correct?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 08:12:57 PM »
>Raise an eyebrow
>"What, does she make a habit of this or something?"
>Does Eirin seem to also be moving off towards the doors, as well?
>The garden we're in is open-roofed, correct?

>"Periodically," says Eirin.
>She seems to be going in the opposite direction that Reisen has.
>The garden is open to the sky. The bamboo does make a decent canopy, though.

>_

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »
I admit I'm a little uncertain how to proceed. If Reisen and Eirin are both leaving and distracted, while suggesting that we 'stay out of the way' rather than just 'leave', it could be an opportunity for Nue to slip off and poke around. Now, I have no real idea what (if anything) we'd be poking around for, and there are obviously risks in doing so (not least of which is damaging whatever good-will we have on the Tewi front). On the other hand, we might not get such a good opportunity again. At the very least, they were busy with something they didn't feel like volunteering details on. It could be something entirely mundane (like, say, spring cleaning), but there's always the chance it might not be. Of course, even if it isn't mundane, this doesn't mean it's the slightest bit relevant to us, and we have no information to even suggest that it is.

Additionally, this is complicated by a time-constraint we have. If we want to go to the Circle meeting (and we should), Byakuren said to meet her no later then 11. If it's already around 10:30, we don't have much time to get there, even if we left now.

>How long would it take to fly to the human village from here, if we were quick about it?
>Can a seed of non-identification be made to make anything look like anything, or does there need to be some commonality in size or properties?
>Can we end the effect of a seed remotely, or do we need to be by the object and physically remove the seed?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »
>How long would it take to fly to the human village from here, if we were quick about it?
>Can a seed of non-identification be made to make anything look like anything, or does there need to be some commonality in size or properties?
>Can we end the effect of a seed remotely, or do we need to be by the object and physically remove the seed?

>You aren't sure. Likely close to half an hour.
>You can theoretically make anything look like anything. But, the greater the difference, the more fragile the illusion becomes. You can make a pebble look like a tree, or vice versa, but a gentle breeze would break it.
>They have to removed physically, though you don't necessarily need to be the remover. If someone else does, they generally try to find their way back to you.

>_

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »
Well, if we've only got just enough time now to get back to Byakuren at the last minute, I'm increasingly in favor of simply flying off now, unless anyone has anything else important that they think needs to be done here beyond random curiosity?

>If the seeds have a connection to us that lets them find us again, can this work in reverse? Can we sense and track down the location of seeds?

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2011, 09:12:03 PM »
>Do we have any paper on us to write a note with?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2011, 10:02:55 PM »
>If the seeds have a connection to us that lets them find us again, can this work in reverse? Can we sense and track down the location of seeds?

>Not by yourself. But you have collaborated with magicians in the past to do such a thing.

>Do we have any paper on us to write a note with?

>No. Nor do you have writing utensils.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2011, 01:18:52 AM »
>Find the nearest rabbit and ask her to let Eirin know that we left.

« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2011, 01:20:03 AM »
>Find the nearest rabbit and ask her to let Eirin know that we left.

>Hang on a second. Eirin herself hasn't left yet. We can still just tell her in person.

Edit: I can't think of anything else that we really need to stay here for, or anything else that we could ask in this short span of time. Shall we just head off now, then?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2011, 02:23:06 AM »
Sure.

>"Right. I'll just be on my way, then."
>Assuming no objections, depart.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #77 on: June 25, 2011, 02:48:56 AM »
>"Right. I'll just be on my way, then."
>Assuming no objections, depart.

>"Try not to get blown up by the front door," says Eirin, as she vanishes further into the garden.

>_

« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2011, 02:50:16 AM »
>Could we just fly straight up without disturbing the groomed foliage?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #79 on: June 25, 2011, 02:58:31 AM »
>Could we just fly straight up without disturbing the groomed foliage?

>You'd have to push your way through it a bit, but you can't imagine that it'd severely hurt anything.

>_

« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 03:06:52 AM »
>Fly upwards, but be gentle with the plants
>Can we see any signs of the fighting from up there?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2011, 03:34:11 AM »
>Fly upwards, but be gentle with the plants
>Can we see any signs of the fighting from up there?

>You make your way upwards, trying not to damage the bamboo.
>Looking toward the entrance, you can already see quite a bit of danmaku of all colors and types filling the air.

>_

« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2011, 03:36:06 AM »
>Is it possible to estimate the number of people involved?
>Can we hear any conversation?
>Do we think we could get close enough to see or hear what's going on without getting in the line of fire ourselves?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2011, 04:15:05 AM »
>Is it possible to estimate the number of people involved?
>Can we hear any conversation?
>Do we think we could get close enough to see or hear what's going on without getting in the line of fire ourselves?

>You can't tell how many are involved at a glance, nor do you hear any conversation. Maybe some talking you can't make out, though.
>You could probably perch on the roof, but you're not sure if that would keep you out of the line of fire for long.

« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2011, 04:17:08 AM »
>Swing by close enough to at least have a little look at what's going on, while trying to remain out of the line of fire, and (if possible) out of sight

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2011, 04:44:36 AM »
>How quickly can we change our skin coloring?

Yeah, not thinking about doing that now, but it may come in handy later.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2011, 04:55:33 AM »
>How quickly can we change our skin coloring?

>Maybe a couple minutes at most, depending on what you're changing it to.

>Swing by close enough to at least have a little look at what's going on, while trying to remain out of the line of fire, and (if possible) out of sight

>You draw closer.
>Landing on the outer slope of the roof, you can see Mokou is outside the gate, engulfed in flames. They don't seem to be hurting her, as you look on the flames seem to be taking a sort of winged shape around her. From the entrance comes a great deal of danmaku fire, the bullets in a curious cylinder shape, with numerous blue lasers and green wedges interlaced among it; Mokou's dodging is what kept you from noticing the shape of her fiery aura at first.
>"Go away!" Mokou shouts as she returns fire toward the doors, clearly addressing her attacker.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2011, 04:59:02 AM »
> Wait, why is Mokou telling her attacker to go away if she's the one that invaded? That's kinda odd.
> Listen for a response.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2011, 05:40:03 AM »
> Wait, why is Mokou telling her attacker to go away if she's the one that invaded? That's kinda odd.
> Listen for a response.

>It does seem weird for the attacker to say that...
>"I'm afraid I can't do that," comes Reisen's voice, as she emerges from the door, and partially into sight. "We too have our pride!"
>You notice the three of the four gems floating around her fan out as she speaks, flying outward and spreading more blue lasers, green wedges, and large orange shots  in Mokou's general direction, a tangled web that would be impossible for anyone to fly through. Mokou responds by sending out thick clouds of talisman-like bullets, similar to what you favor. But it seems that Reisen has more than enough danmaku to control the field.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2011, 10:47:05 AM »
> Huh. Oh well, it is what it is.
> Crest the canopy of the bamboo, then head off back to the human village.