Author Topic: Minecraft - The block building thread  (Read 159456 times)

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
Re: Minecraft - The block building thread
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 06:22:07 PM »
I was kinda curious on the cost of Minecraft servers, from what I've seen so far it's over $100 if the maximum players is like 50 or more. I doubt we'll get that many players. They seem to range from $1 to $1.20 per player,

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 06:53:12 PM »
Getting 5-15 more FPS as a result of 1.5.01 and Advanced OpenGL on. Haven't tested Optimine yet (lack of time).

Not liking the achievements...too similar to the CS:Source take on them (completely unnecessary, and it should be saved for another iteration of the series).
Otherwise...good update!
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Jitters

• Hyperactive Dreamer
  • Becuase None Of Us Are Normal
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »
Ah, Minecraft.
I guess I'm not a 'normal' player, I only play Multiplayer. And by Multiplayer, I mean 'Playing-With-Your-Friend-On-His-Singleplayer File-Using-His-Internet' Multiplayer.
Sadly, that opportunity is very rare, So I don't touch Minecraft as often as I would like to.
Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 07:27:06 PM »
Wanna know what I wish for?

That Notch fixes the bug that makes monsters spawn in my house even though I made absolutely sure that I placed enough torches and closed down every single entrance. Seriously, I got attacked three times in the same night when I went to sleep and decided to only play on Peaceful untli I can be sure that no skeleton or zombie can jumpscare me like that.

Molten

• Just a lil' goblin
  • A sweet potato.
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 08:37:45 PM »
Was your bed standing next to a wall? I have had that problem before but i just moved my bed to the middle of the room and nothing spawns now.

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
Today I died far ass from my original spawnpoint. This was my first death in ver 1.5_01.

I like this "bed as your new spawnpoint" feature. Because it doesn't work.

At all.

(But the "Can't sleep because it's night" aka mobspawn when trying to sleep bug never happened to me before.)

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »
Today I died far ass from my original spawnpoint. This was my first death in ver 1.5_01.

I like this "bed as your new spawnpoint" feature. Because it doesn't work.

At all.
??? It worked fine for me on my first 1.5_01 death. I think you didn't have a bed set up and used yet, as well as the world saved, maybe.

As for the sleeping mob spawn bug, haven't had it happen here. Just have to be careful with bed placement (never on a wall).
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 09:58:39 PM »
Beds setting new spawn didn't work for me at first either, you might have to start a new world for it to work or something like that.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 10:00:26 PM »
Beds setting new spawn didn't work for me at first either, you might have to start a new world for it to work or something like that.
Huh, worked just fine on my old 1.4 world.
Bad command or file name

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 10:01:41 PM »
Also, it only works once. If you sleep in the bed and die, you get sent back to the bed, but then if you go and die again, you go back to the original spawn point. It also doesn't work if you destroyed the bed, obviously.
It works for me on a world created before beds existed, so it's either a completely random glitch or you did something weird.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 01:34:40 AM »
If a monster gets in 2 blocks of your bed even if there is a wall separating it, the monster will appear next to you and you will wake up. Therefore you're bed should not be on ground level next to a wall.

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 04:15:28 AM »
Wanna know what I wish for?

That Notch fixes the bug that makes monsters spawn in my house even though I made absolutely sure that I placed enough torches and closed down every single entrance. Seriously, I got attacked three times in the same night when I went to sleep and decided to only play on Peaceful untli I can be sure that no skeleton or zombie can jumpscare me like that.
I had a similar situation in a new file. My first night's shelter was a small room completely made of dirt with torches on every inch of wall. I would constantly get ambushed while trying to sleep.(7-8 times consecutively) Turns out, the texture of the dirt still registered as "too dark" to ward off mobs. I switched to a different texture and everything was fine.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 08:23:04 AM »
Huh. Seems that I have to throw out my indoor wheat stations...

KomeijiKoishi

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:37:26 PM by P Punkt Alex »

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 05:36:25 PM »
Double post because of real life creeper.
Direct your attention to the right. There is an edit button.  :V
And I'm using it because I'm now realizing why you did it. Fuck.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2011, 06:52:23 PM »
I have conquered my first Battle Tower! Yay! And I'll make it my home, because it's just above my clay mine (I installed a more clay mod, so clay turns up underground too, because normally clay is fucking non-existent).

Awesome mod, seek it out. It was incredibly hard, even if it was an Easy Mode tower.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2011, 07:06:33 PM »
Is there something you can craft with clay? Or is it just decoration?

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
You can make bricks, which make for a nice house-building material. So yes, it's just decoration.

Also, I finished my tower thing. It even features a full 360-degree TNT cannon with adjustable power and trajectory that can fire up to 24 projectiles at once. Yay.

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:55 PM »
No offense, but didn't knew there was a texture pack what made the game look worse. :V

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2011, 07:35:50 PM »
Taste is taste.

pineyappled

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
What the fuck gave me the idea to build a burning netherrack mobtrap inside a forest, I have no idea. =_=

Eraiya

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2011, 06:51:13 PM »
Oh, a new thread.

To everyone who was using my spare, paid account: yep, the password's been changed again. It's the same as the one before, but it's all uppercase now. Yep, case-sensitive. If you don't remember what the last one was or haven't played the paid version of Minecraft and would like to, send me a private message for the new account details.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 07:33:33 PM »
Ah yes I just noticed this new thread too, went looking for the old one and it was locked  :V

Finally found an update for cartograph has been done so I mapped my place, as I've been working on it for ages. (since 1.3 I think)

So heres a lovely MAP

I've finally made a rail system to every place I've ever been, and every site I'd ever found and lost has been reconnected. The minecraft world is at peace once more~!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
I've finally made a rail system to every place I've ever been, and every site I'd ever found and lost has been reconnected. The minecraft world is at peace once more~!

How do you guys find enough iron for projects like this ???

It's like...every two iron deposits you find will only give you 16 tiles worth of rail. Is there even enough iron in the ground to make a rail from one spot to a place in the horizon?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2011, 10:28:07 PM »

It's like...every two iron deposits you find will only give you 16 tiles worth of rail. Is there even enough iron in the ground to make a rail from one spot to a place in the horizon?
More then enough to do it twice over. I believe there's somewhere in the thousands of each ore in the game, higher for the more common ones, lower for lapis and diamond iirc. As long as your on the correct floor to find them, You'll come across some eventually.

now try making a booster rail system :V

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 11:22:31 PM »

You'd be suprised, if you stop ignoring the odd peice while you explore, your iron qauntities go through the roof. Least, if you find a monster cavern.

To be honest the biggest problem I've had this map isn't iron supply, its actually having enough cobblestone and gravel, as thats what the tower is mostly built of. I just upgraded it now and its double decked now (under the large section is now an identical section, doubling its productivity) at a guess, it probably cost in the region of 640 cobblestone, 320 gravel and another 320 dirt, because I ran out of gravel but had enough dirt on me to finish the job  :V

was totally worth it. The productivity has definately doubled. If only I had some sand I could make 4 TNT now, and I'm nearly fully stocked on arrows  :D   

EDIT : got a screenshot before I picked up all the stuff this time around. Its working well...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:39:19 PM by Kinzo the Cannibal Curious »

Solais

• Developer fairy
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
I have officially got bored of this game. I guess it's a lot more fun in Multiplayer, because I still like watching videos of it on youtube and other places.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2011, 11:45:37 AM »
Has anyone else installed the Biosphere mod and can tell me if you can mix it with the Phoenix Terrain Mod?

Because I can't get PTM to work at all.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2011, 01:55:49 PM »
Check out what I made...

http://i51.tinypic.com/msn9n4.jpg

(She even has a little Nether Portal in her hand....see what I did there? BV)

Spoiler:
I totally didn't cheat while making this by using a structure planner program to create the structure and MCedit to place it into my world and clear out enough space in the earth to make room for it.  What would ever give you that idea? =w=

Kinzo the Astro Curious

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »
Now do it mining the resources on a creative map  :V