Author Topic: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode  (Read 140297 times)

Re: Touhou RAGE Thread X-Mode
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »
I am sick of having to restart on stages 1-3 on UFO. The stage 1 is all my fault, but there's so much that can go wrong in those others.

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2011, 04:49:32 PM »
Stop restarting.

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »
I could do that, but I don't see a point in playing a run that is pretty much hopeless.

I know some of you follow what some superplayer that I don't remember said about not throwing away runs when you're losing, but I refuse to follow it. I'm more a follower of what YoS.K does whenever he plays. (If you haven't seen the account on Ustream, it's pretty much restarting when something goes wrong early in)

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2011, 05:09:07 PM »
I'm more a follower of what YoS.K does whenever he plays. (If you haven't seen the account on Ustream, it's pretty much restarting when something goes wrong early in)

Habitually restarting when something goes wrong only works if you're already grossly consistant at the game anyway. If you're not insanely good at the game, restarting because you screwed up early in the run will greatly increase the amount of time it takes for you to get better at it, which invites frustration and even more inconsistant playing. Don't do it.

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2011, 05:15:25 PM »
Even still, dying on Stage 1 is completely unacceptable and I will always restart when that happens. Stage 2 and 3 it has to go really bad before I actually restart.

If this was an arcade game, I could see a point in continuing to play anyway for practice, but there's stage practice. I'd rather do my practicing there, not during actual runs.

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2011, 08:27:08 PM »
I know some of you follow what some superplayer that I don't remember said about not throwing away runs when you're losing

HFD? The DOJ dude? Well you might really want to listen to some of that advice. Last time I tried a full run of UFO Lunatic I had two lives left at the end of Stage 3 and still got to Shou's final non-spell or somewhere like that even though I lost a shit ton of lives during Stage 2 and 3.

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2011, 02:26:55 AM »
Radiant Treasure Gun game over.

5 deaths on stage 3, 3 deaths on stage 4. Had 2 bombs in stock on game over, 2 bombs in stock on 2 deaths on Ichirin, 1 bomb in stock on another death on Ichirin.

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2011, 11:05:15 AM »
So my last minute TD run for the tournament went pretty well up to Kyouko.

Then I died on her last spell.
Then I died at the beginning of stage 3.
Then game over because a spirit spawned on me.

>:(

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2011, 11:11:45 AM »
Had a game over on LFS Lunatic by backing into something I already dodged. Still 0/0 and having not captured it made it unlikely.

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2011, 11:58:45 AM »
[attach=1]
Lunatic 1cc denied.
I'm fucking pissed at the two derpdeaths on stage two and the derp on stage 4.
Goddammit game. Let me 1cc something before my exams start.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 02:15:11 PM »
Lunatic 1cc denied.
I'm fucking pissed at the two derpdeaths on stage two and the derp on stage 4.
Goddammit game. Let me 1cc something before my exams start.
So what happened to "nonexistant skills"?

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »
So taking a small break from raging at UFO, I went to time out some IN Spellcards.

Lunatic Omoikane Brain, 0 seconds left, failed timeout. Oh well, I'll just get it down to 0 again sometime and then not fail it.

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2011, 06:39:22 AM »
Omoikane. Hate that sort of spell. Its not about reading the pattern but more about your own, and your keyboards, ability to microtap. Good job getting it that far. You should do Astronomical Entombing! >:D

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2011, 11:34:18 PM »
Darn it! So close to getting a 1cc of UFO normal. Needed two seconds to win, but Reimu forgot how to bomb after she bombed. IDK why. I'm never gonna 1cc this game on anything above easy.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2011, 12:22:31 AM »
So I got to stage 4 on UFO with five lives.
Suddenly Murasa.
How does this even happen.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2011, 12:53:22 AM »
Suddenly Murasa.

Yeah, I'm kinda like that in UFO too. Hell, in order for me to 1cc it i have to pretty much not die ultil stage 5. and even then the room for error is very slim.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2011, 12:54:33 AM »
This is not my day for scoring, dear God. How long is it gonna take to get that ideal TD Lunatic Reimu run I want?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Dark

• wait wat
  • this is some text
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2011, 01:22:30 AM »
jhfvgsjgshfgsjsjhfs Kaguya y u kill me on Fire Rat's Robe.

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2011, 01:58:25 AM »
Darn it! So close to getting a 1cc of UFO normal. Needed two seconds to win, but Reimu forgot how to bomb after she bombed. IDK why. I'm never gonna 1cc this game on anything above easy.
Don't give up!!  Practice Byakuren some, she's pretty tough.  We'll just say on my first 1cc I went in with 8 lives and came out with 1, but once you're used to her she's... reasonable.  Maybe work on your other problem areas to save resources too.

Suddenly Murasa.
Stage 4 is a wall in most games, the difficulty just goes through the roof in comparison to the previous stages.  Just keep trying and you'll break through it :3.  SA and UFO both got me there, and then the 1cc was another wall after that.  IN Lunatic got me there too... And EoSD... And PCB... Yeah, pretty much all of them >_>.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 04:17:06 AM »
I went into Byakuren in that run with either 3 or 4 lives, and made it to her last spell with 1. (darn it last spell) On practice I'm worse, because I usually use up ALL of my lives, somehow. >_>
Don't ask how, I don't know. :ohdear:

But yeah, I've practiced her many times over, and she's a royal pain every time, mostly from that last spell card and curvy lasers. I can't read those!
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »
I went into Byakuren in that run with either 3 or 4 lives, and made it to her last spell with 1. (darn it last spell) On practice I'm worse, because I usually use up ALL of my lives, somehow. >_>
Don't ask how, I don't know. :ohdear:

But yeah, I've practiced her many times over, and she's a royal pain every time, mostly from that last spell card and curvy lasers. I can't read those!
Try sitting under Byakuren and dodging the lasers with just vertical movements.  The stars she shoots are aimed too, so no worries there either.  The first spell is pretty nasty for clipdeaths, so you might want to bomb that one, even though it's relatively easy.  Maybe bomb the fourth nonspell too once Byakuren gets close to the bottom too if you can't get used to circling.   Air scroll is annoying because bombs don't do much damage, and her last spell is tough, but that's to be expected.  Aside from that she shouldn't give you too much trouble though.  Definitely try to get used to capturing Devil's Recitation too.  You'll thank yourself when you go for Mystic Square Hard/Lunatic.

EDIT:  Speaking of UFO, UFO MarisaA no focus attempt, fail on Air Scroll.  Died 6 times on Shou.  4 of which were on the same card.  Take a guess which card.  Go on, guess.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:17:36 PM by chirpy13 »

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
MS Hard:

Before Yumeko: 10L/0B Full Dream Gauge.
After Yumeko: 6L/2B Zero Dream Gauge.

hahahaha y u do dis yumeko

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 02:33:58 PM »
Lunatic Shou 2DNB, Radiant Treasure Gun and Complete Clarification.

Edit: Lunatic LFS 0/0, again.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:17:01 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 03:37:58 PM »
I think SoEW actually has a negative deathbomb period - not a time in which you have available to use a bomb to save yourself just after getting hit, but rather a bomb activation time in which you aren't invincible to bullets, even if you just used a bomb. The spawn points are cheap in a few instances, Reimu's hitbox feels a mile wide, no focus, and it just feels like the bosses have some jerk moves that you need to know are coming beforehand, and even then some of them feel cheap. The other games are such an improvement compared to it.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »
Game over Stage 6 midboss Nue. Died with 2 bombs in stock 5 seperate times in the run.

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »
No focus IN Hard, gameover at the last second of Hourai Jewel.  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »
Died during Kanako's 3rd non spell in hard mode-.-.... dammit need to practice, yet i can't *sigh* i hate you exams i hate you, why so early!? study > touhou for now

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2011, 02:02:56 AM »
All my time spent toward scoring the TD demo got me wondering about something, and a bit of time trying out the PCB Stage 6 spam seemed to confirm it. I think my general dodging skills have taken a dip lately. Don't know how long I can get back to where I was before, though thank God that the semester is almost over.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 05:47:43 AM »
Ex-Marisa kicked my BUTT yesterday. I think I silver-medal'd 3 cards or something silly like that, even cards I consider auto-caps like Shoot the Little Moon went terribly. Only beat the stage because of the insane amount of resources GFW extra gives you.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
Died when I had 3 spare lives and 2 bombs when an enemy point blanked me while I was at the top of the screen trying to grab a green.

This caused me to end up at LFS 0/0 instead of 1/0. I would have captured it if I had decided to try to dodge to the right instead of trying to dodge up like I did. Instead I failed when she barely had any health left.