Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 120305 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Three LyLo!
« Reply #960 on: March 29, 2011, 02:07:41 AM »
Sadly, the results of my check are less useful than yesterday.

Bardiche, Zakeri, Dormio, PX, Colt - Of these five, 1 or less is scum.  Colt flipped town, so that's three potential town clears and either one scum or no scum.

That leaves the alignments of huh what, Serela, capt.h and myself ambiguous.
If you cross this with the previous day's check, where out of huh what and Bardiche one or both of them has to be a zombie, and how Colt is town.
That leaves either Bardiche as scum or clears all of us.

And is it just me or does multiple masschecks seem OP, seeing as you could confirm most of the players in the game in around 3 nights?

Although I want to go after PX, provided Edible's tests are accurate/exist, Bardiche seems to be a much better option.

Okay, role speculation post thing out of the way, going to try to make a proper post before my next lecture starts.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #961 on: March 29, 2011, 02:10:36 AM »
Here's my radio message, with the link to the song I forget NeoSerela.

I thought for sure I would be next, so I spent a few hours making sure you knew everything I had to say. I'm surprised that Colt of all people was the NK.

Scum interpretations

My opinions on the Kilga flip ? Scum is trying to convince us that they knew Hourai was scum. I doubt it. Schezo?s exchange with Hourai seemed to make it clear that Schezo had no idea what Hourai?s ability was. If either Huh What or Bard knew he was scum, then they were bussing him. But so far, both Huh What and Schezo have tried to convince us that scum knew Hourai?s alignment, which makes me suspicious. Furthermore, they had no reason to bus him ? he would have probably been confirmed town the very next day. One vote from either Bard or Huh What would have made you Conq.?s target, and then Hourai would have been saved for later.

Now the weird part about Huh What?s theory is that it would make both him and Bard look worse if they were bussing Hourai. I try to avoid talking about Huh What because he is one of the players that defends me. However, in retrospect that could be that if he?s scum, he would know with certainty that I am town. While Hourai did not have any exchanges with Bard, he did have exchanges with Huh What. These weren?t pleasant. However, running on the theory that Hourai was acting alone, it could be due to anger at Huh What or a ploy.

It occurs to me that Edible could have given us Schezo and faked his test. It also occurs to me that Huh What could be lying about his ability -  he is a literal radio spy after all. If we can get Bardiche to tell us about his ability tomorrow, then we have a much better chance of figuring out if he is the liar. It is essential for Bard to claim, as if he lies it is our best chance of catching him. Huh What?s and Edible?s roles seem too well thought out to verify unfortunately. Also unfortunately we could not do this for Kilga, who we had no way of considering since he claimed vanilla townie like Schezo.

We need Bard, Huh what, and Edible to talk about all the players tomorrow. We were so wrapped up in Edible?s five that we didn?t cover anyone outside the list. Scum telling us about the other players is too valuable an opportunity to ignore.

Bard did a lot of things that were strange ? supporting Dormio taking away Shadoweh?s vig kill before even knowing it could be returned, wanting Dormio not to return it, claiming a night kill but avoiding any claim to vig powers (once again we just filled in the part about being a vig for him), doing exactly what he said he would do if he?s scum ? there?s a mountain of reasons I wanted his head. If (and only if) scum actually did have a vig in Schezo, then Bard could very easily be scum. Unfortunately, I don?t believe Schezo?s hit man ability means an extra kill ? rather, Schezo could break Huh What?s claimed shield. But if he doesn?t claim tomorrow, I will try to hang him. I want to see if I can catch him in a lie. I do consider the fact that he originally thought traitor was a player that scum didn?t know about can work both for and against him ?

See, a problem with Huh What is that he started with the assumption that scum knew who the traitor was. If scum didn?t know who the traitor was, they might start their arguments by talking about how he was a traitor. However, it could also be Huh What simply hoping we wouldn?t consider the possibility that scum didn?t know Hourai. Bard?s original view, interestingly, makes him look worse than he had to. He looked great if scum knew Hourai.

If Bard is scum, he is hurling the fact in our faces so hard that we simply won?t be able to believe it. I don?t mind believing things at face value though.

If Edible is scum, then he is very smart scum. He knowingly sacrificed a weaker scum (Schezo) who said, side by side, that he was vanilla town and that we shouldn?t trust Edible. It?s brilliant and it could win the game. I can?t get any negative read on him either. The only thing I know for certain is that he wanted us to kill Schezo. He was on Kilga?s case for most the day too. I don?t really trust anyone completely in this game, but Edible hasn?t done anything clearly scummy. He?s also only been here for one day.

There is a very good chance Zak is scum. If he were not scum, I can?t imagine the mod wouldn?t have mod killed him yet. He hasn?t posted for nearly 100 hours.

Radio Strategy

Thanks to your radios, if we can get the 3rd scum we can win. If we can get him tomorrow we can win for certain.

Swapping the radio takes up a night action. As a result, scum cannot swap a radio and do a NK in theory. However, scum could choose not to NK at all. So once we have the third scum down, we simply have to no lynch over and over again until scum is force to NK, and have two players a night swap the radios with two other players, which will give us two players that are not scum a night. Even if one of them gets NK?d, we can still get at least one additional confirmed town for each NK, giving us two town at four person Lylo and guaranteeing the identity of the final scum at three person Lylo.

If we are unable to catch the third scum until day 4 and are in four-person LyLo, we should not lynch anyone, but instead use the time to get at least one confirmed town. With 6 people remaining, victory is assured. With four, we can get at least one confirmed town in 3 person LyLo, so I suggest we do confirm a town by skipping the lynch that day and using the radio swap trick. This strategy will make 3 person LyLo easier than entering blind or attempting 4 person LyLo.

Final Notes

I want to apologize. I love mystery novels, and I had too much free time over Spring Break. I think I love this game a little too much, and I doubt I should play another round.

Here is my favorite song, I'll probably post it when I get NK'd/lynched:  Border of Life

Thank you,
capt. h

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Two
« Reply #962 on: March 29, 2011, 02:13:35 AM »
Derp, forgot the Bard quote:

I share the belief that Hourai being specifically named "Traitor" when everyone else flipped "Town" indicates a traitor role, which would not be absurd given the "experimental roles" we were promised and thus some outlandish roles such as Multi-Cop Edible and Vigilant Cop UK hanging about. Having said that, it means Hourai flipping scum does nothing to improve my opinion of huh what, as he could have been bussing a buddy unintentionally.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #963 on: March 29, 2011, 02:13:46 AM »
I wrote a post but upon reread it looks like more insane ramblings. I pastebin'd it in case it's useful but um maybe it should just stay in the bin where it possibly belongs. Except that bin is more like a trash bin but whatever.

It includes another puppet show. You have been warned.  http://pastebin.com/cRtB8tqw

tl;dr if capt.h is town then either Huhwhat or Edible is scum, capt.h please quote your radio messages to the mod from last night that look so town IMO. >: ninja:oh cool you diiid
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #964 on: March 29, 2011, 02:35:14 AM »
Okay, speculations.

Bard would be the safest kill, as he's a claimed vig, and most likely there is a possibility of multiple kills tonight.

Fun speculation: ModeSlaves all over again instantly ending the game.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #965 on: March 29, 2011, 02:41:42 AM »
Since I can't seem to make a meaningful post at the library, I'll just post my thoughts on the game format.
It's LYLO with 8 people/zombies/things alive.
Two deaths (lynch+NK) wouldn't be enough to make town lose, unless there are a ridiculous number of zombies, so I'm going to work off the assumption that there is a third party amongst us.
Naturally, I think that Bardiche is this third party.
Anyway, I'll make a proper post when I get home.

Warning - While you were typing a new rep(ry WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #966 on: March 29, 2011, 02:50:56 AM »
Oh, minor note on the radios - I got your message last night Neo, but it was ambiguous as to whether Huh What would get it too. I was a bit surprised, as I thought Huh What would receive it instead. @Huh What - Did you receive Neo's message too? If you did, could you confirm what it was about?

« Reply #967 on: March 29, 2011, 02:53:51 AM »
I did not receive any messages last night, no. I just received RadioB.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #968 on: March 29, 2011, 02:55:21 AM »
I did not receive any messages last night, no. I just received RadioB.

Thanks.

If your wondering, it was just a one-liner saying the radio system takes too long.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #969 on: March 29, 2011, 07:46:02 AM »
##Vote huh what
Right now, I think that both Bardiche and huh what are anti-town.
Edible and his infinite masscop also raises some eyebrows but then my ability is also pretty lol, so iunno.
If my suspicions are correct and Bardiche is third party, we don't really have to worry about him seeing as I can just pump him full of drugs every night.
Also:
I think the ability to listen in on the radios is just tied to another scum.
Aren't you the one tapping into the radios?

Also, when I started writing this it was 3 hours ago.
And no cut.
What?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #970 on: March 29, 2011, 08:24:19 AM »
I'd also like to bring up Kilgamayan's argument on huh what seeing as I find myself agreeing with pretty much all of it.

In addition, looking back on Hourai/Schezo's posts, Schezo only offers his opinion on huh what once.
huh what looks a little strange for pushing Bard so much but I don't think he's that bad when he's run around with ideas and seems to be trying.

Hourai tried arguing against huh what for a bit but he didn't really follow through on it.
There is the whole Traitor headache going on with him but regardless of whether or not he was a traitor, he'd know who the rest of the zombies were.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #971 on: March 29, 2011, 03:02:54 PM »
@Zak - Are you the survivor role?

I don't think there is three scum remaining - it just feels like too many. And this is zombie apocalypse mafia. Thus, my gut tells me that there may be a survivor, as it would fit in with the theme. Since you are the least active player here, to the point where I thought you would be mod-killed, I figure you might be the survivor role trying to lurk your way to the end of the game.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #972 on: March 29, 2011, 05:01:33 PM »
I'd also like to bring up Kilgamayan's argument on huh what seeing as I find myself agreeing with pretty much all of it.

I don't recall you agreeing with it before we lynched him.  Any particular reason why you're just now bringing it up?

Edible

« Reply #973 on: March 29, 2011, 05:17:27 PM »
Whoops, looks like you actually did.  My bad.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #974 on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »
If you cross this with the previous day's check, where out of huh what and Bardiche one or both of them has to be a zombie, and how Colt is town.
That leaves either Bardiche as scum or clears all of us.

How so? Edible's investigation shows whether a sample group has 1 or less zombies[/r], or 2 or more zombies. An all town dream team pick gives the same result as 1 scum rest town.

I would love to call for Huh What's head again today, but I admit to slight peevement that I still do not get my cake. I'll dust off my old post later to underline why we should lynch him today and who his possible scumbuddies are but in the interest of fair pursuit of information.

Edible,
I imagine Bard is probably a serial killer and is required to shoot scum every night.

Only one person died tonight. How do you support this claim that you believe I am a serial killer with compulsory murder actions each night when only one person died?

I'll claim later. Need to confirm something with Serp first.

Bardiche

« Reply #975 on: March 29, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
Guess I can reveal at least a little... as everyone surmised, I'm not really in league with town. I could honestly care less if you won and intended to just be lazy and vote the people who voted me, then stubbornly stick to it in hopes of appearing as misguided town. This... hasn't really worked, so far, I surmise, as some aren't fooled.

It's also why I pretty much gave up when Shadoweh threatened to shoot me because unlike everyone else here, I don't get to win by team effort. I need to do it all myself.

I cannot imagine being the cause of the LyLo situation we find ourselves in, and even if I were I was, indeed, roleblocked this night. It is because of this roleblock that I question Edible's suggestion that I am required to shoot "scum" every night. If I was I never could've shot UK. :V I guess reading back Dormio claimed he'd roleblock me anyway which annoys me greatly, but it explains Edible's statement.

I'm perfectly willing to vote with town on who they think is scummiest. The way I see it, refusing to cooperate means an immediate lynch (I might be the cause of LyLo after all), and I'd rather try to win the game, so I'll cooperate. I maintain that Huh What is scummy, and given he's the only one from the bucket list who survived I cannot imagine NOT lynching him unless Edible is, in fact, scum. Do you need my opinion on the possibility of a scum Edible and who his possible allies would be? I'll give a full claim once Serp confirms one thing for me, this also ties into whether I think Edible is bullshitting a role or not.

Bardiche

« Reply #976 on: March 29, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »
EBWOP: only one from the bucket list beside me, of course.

Edible

« Reply #977 on: March 29, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »
Only one person died tonight. How do you support this claim that you believe I am a serial killer with compulsory murder actions each night when only one person died?

bllrhoghgoh

Meant to say "every other night".  My bad.

@Bard: Are you some sort of zombie (regardless of alignment)?  Like I've been saying since your claim I thought you were third-party, but I'll take a neutral third party over someone actually trying to get all of us killed.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #978 on: March 29, 2011, 08:01:03 PM »
Oh, someone (I think Dormio) suggested a survivor being in play. This was precisely why I said "or maybe I'm being dumb", because a survivor is realistic, and means that yes, we could be in LyLo with 2 scum and only 1 extra kill (which might be Bard if he can but idk? And Dormio is apparently blocking it anyway)

K anyway, still sticking with me thinking capt.h is town, which means by Ediblelogic, huhwhat HAS to be scum or Edible is lying scum.

capt.h:There is no friggin way Zak was trying to lurk his way through the game. Lurking even past the point where the mod said they would modkill you for it would not be something anyone would do on purpose while trying to win.

Oh cool Bard ninja!>"I cannot imagine being the cause of the LyLo situation we find ourselves in" Well if you're a third party survivor, or some other role that basically means 2scum2town1you=Game Over, then yes, you are :V But we don't need to kill you off, in any case. Well, depending on your full role details, like if you've gotta kick the bucket for town to eventually win, but.

Anyway, on your question over whether we'd like your opinions on the possibility of scum Edible, yeah that'd be pretty cool :3
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

« Reply #979 on: March 29, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »
Well, that's what I need Serp to confirm, Edible.

Cut by Neo. What? Aren't we eight alive? 2 scum, 5 town, 1 me would still not yield LyLo. Er, unless I guess you lynch town.

4 town into nightphase, 3 after scum, 2 after me. Yeah. But then I could STILL vote with town to lynch scum? I'm not sure how we entered this situation, is why.

Edible

« Reply #980 on: March 29, 2011, 08:09:08 PM »
I imagine if your role flavor said something about infected blood or some such, then yes - you'd show up as a zombie in my tests.

Edible

« Reply #981 on: March 29, 2011, 08:13:18 PM »
EBWOP: @Bard: Remember, there's no stated difference between psuedo-lylo and actual lylo in Serp's game.  I think your scenario is accurate - if we lynch town today and you and scum both shoot town tonight, town loses.

Bardiche

« Reply #982 on: March 29, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »
I am "infected" by zombies, but haven't yet turned zombie. As long as I survive to the end I can either get treatment or embrace my brainfeasting future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #983 on: March 29, 2011, 08:17:08 PM »
Yes, what Edible said; if you are a role that wins just by surviving to the end, I would understand it if 2scum2town1you, then scum is equal to town and wins, and you've survived.

Also, sounds like you probably trigger Edible's test.

Time to calculate the implications of this.

Bardiche

« Reply #984 on: March 29, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »
I am "infected" by zombies, but haven't yet turned zombie. As long as I survive to the end I can either get treatment or embrace my brainfeasting future.

And to aid this, I can in fact perform a vigilante kill, but conditions are involved as I stated. I cannot guarantee I will be able to kill tonight. It's not a simple "wait for a night before you can do it again", and I am as yet concerned scum could off me in the night.

If I do trigger Edible's test, it means that indirectly clears Huh What of bucket list suspicion. I maintain that he is the scummiest thing I've seen this game despite my failings to convince people of this, and I am currently reading through the topic to link Edible to possible buddies, and the same for Huh What.

Edible

« Reply #985 on: March 29, 2011, 08:22:57 PM »
I fully believe Bard's claim.

Bard, PX, Dormio, and Zakeri are all as far as I can tell unlynchable today - if there are any more false flags in my ability I'm gonna be a sad panda.

That leaves today's potential lynches to myself, huh what, Serela, and capt.h... two of which are scum.

Ninja polearm:

If I do trigger Edible's test, it means that indirectly clears Huh What of bucket list suspicion.

Not true.

My ability specifies "at least" two zombies if I get a positive result.  If you are a "zombie" and Schezo was a zombie, it is still quite possible for huh what to be one.  (I'm just not sure he is, myself.)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #986 on: March 29, 2011, 08:26:31 PM »
I believe Bard wholeheartedly.

Time to see how this changes Edible's test results, assuming he's truthing.

Bard/Huhwhat test; well, Huhwhat can still possibly be scum.

Bard/Zak/Dormio/PX:Welp. Zak Dormio and PX have all been cleared as town.

I know I'm town, so that would mean if there are 2 scum and Edible isn't scum himself, they would HAVE to be Huhwhat and Capt.H. This argument goes for Huhwhat and Capt.h as well, except exchange their name with mine.

However, let's assume for a second that Bard DOESN'T trigger the test. Huhwhat still has to be scum if Edible isn't lying.

So I'm still down to, for today, either Huhwhat is scum or Edible is lying scum. Regardless of whether Bard triggers the test or not. Amusing!

If I do trigger Edible's test, it means that indirectly clears Huh What of bucket list suspicion.
No, as the test they were in has "2 or more zombies", so both you AND Huhwhat could have triggered it. At least, huhwhat isn't cleared if your name is NeoSerela or Capt.H, where huhwhat actually HAS to be scum if Edible isn't lying. And still has to be scum if you think either me or Capt.H is town (and Edible isn't lying).

Also, Edible's ability is amusingly flawed, as there is a scum (Hourai) that wouldn't trigger it and a non-scum that does! At least the scum falsifier died D1, for rather amusing reasons in itself.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #987 on: March 29, 2011, 08:32:28 PM »
I fully believe Bard's claim.

Bard, PX, Dormio, and Zakeri are all as far as I can tell unlynchable today - if there are any more false flags in my ability I'm gonna be a sad panda.

That leaves today's potential lynches to myself, huh what, Serela, and capt.h... two of which are scum.

Ninja polearm:

Not true.

My ability specifies "at least" two zombies if I get a positive result.  If you are a "zombie" and Schezo was a zombie, it is still quite possible for huh what to be one.  (I'm just not sure he is, myself.)

Here's the deal: if we catch a zombie with the next flip (I'm assuming Huh What, as he seems like the most likely lynch at the moment), NeoSerela will be able to confirm herself town by passing her radio. Dormio should be able to block my abilities (he implied he could), which would clear me, but even if he can't we can give the radios tonight to me and you, and clear ourselves by passing them during the next night phase. If two people both send a message on the radio while passing it, the previous owner will receive the message while the next owner will receive the radio, so we have two people that can verify the location of the radio if we post the recipient of our radios in our night messages.

We need to make a system for passing the radios until zombies perform a night kill though. I'll try to figure one out later.

Bardiche

« Reply #988 on: March 29, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
would a roleblock disable passing of the radios?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #989 on: March 29, 2011, 08:38:18 PM »
This changes everything. Assuming Edible isn't lying scum, then we've but just got the scum teams figured out.

2Ninjas: I think the block should disable passing radios.