Author Topic: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 55553 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 01:30:19 PM »
> "That is entirely possible. I had theorized that perhaps it was done just to demonstrate that they could do it, that even though they were new to Gensokyo, they were perfectly capable people, a force one overlooks at their own peril. But the idea of taking up residence in an entirely new realm and making it one's first priority to make enemies out of multiple powerful individuals in that realm...such a thought process is boggling. Would a show of force really hold that much appeal?"

>"Oh, incurring Our displeasure was but a side effect," says Remilia. "In a way, We are flattered that they chose to prove themselves against Us. For them, it was no different than a child's first cry after birth. Though I hardly expect them to think of it in such a way."

>_

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 01:56:52 PM »
> "That answers something else about which I had been curious, whether or not you took any pride in being chosen as a standard for force display. Obviously, were the goal a proper show of force and strategy, conquering something such as Mystia's stand would accomplish far less toward that end. But clearly it seems that this...honor, I suppose, it not enough to soothe the sting of what happened, even if it was an action as natural as you suggest it was."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 02:02:52 PM »
> "That answers something else about which I had been curious, whether or not you took any pride in being chosen as a standard for force display. Obviously, were the goal a proper show of force and strategy, conquering something such as Mystia's stand would accomplish far less toward that end. But clearly it seems that this...honor, I suppose, it not enough to soothe the sting of what happened, even if it was an action as natural as you suggest it was."

>Remilia chuckles. "Oh, there are understandable actions, and there is simple rudeness. I'm sure you can appreciate the difference even when they are the same thing."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 02:06:05 PM »
> Smile.
> "I suppose I can, given the situation off of which we just came."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
> Smile.
> "I suppose I can, given the situation off of which we just came."

>Remilia gives a short throaty chuckle, and says nothing.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
> "Let me ask another question, then, if I may. One rather more personal, and hopefully inoffensive, as none is intended."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »
> "Let me ask another question, then, if I may. One rather more personal, and hopefully inoffensive, as none is intended."

>"If you must," says Remilia.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
> "In your day-to-day business, how often do you separate who you are from what you are?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 02:33:14 PM »
> "In your day-to-day business, how often do you separate who you are from what you are?"

>"We must not understand the question," says Remilia, "As the answer seems to be never. Perhaps you could explain?"

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 02:47:54 PM »
> "It is admittedly a nebulous difference. I will try to explain as best I can. What you are is how you are defined by the position you hold in life and the environmental circumstances around you. Who you are is defined by how you choose to conduct yourself. In your case, what you are is the Scarlet Devil, the head of your household, the one directly responsible for the actions and well-being of your constituents. Who you are is a bit harder for me to describe, as I know little of you beyond what you are. Perhaps who you are is Remilia Scarlet, enjoyer of fine wine, or Remilia Scarlet, origami master. Or, based on what little I do know of you, you are presumably Remilia Scarlet, loving sister."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 02:55:03 PM »
> "It is admittedly a nebulous difference. I will try to explain as best I can. What you are is how you are defined by the position you hold in life and the environmental circumstances around you. Who you are is defined by how you choose to conduct yourself. In your case, what you are is the Scarlet Devil, the head of your household, the one directly responsible for the actions and well-being of your constituents. Who you are is a bit harder for me to describe, as I know little of you beyond what you are. Perhaps who you are is Remilia Scarlet, enjoyer of fine wine, or Remilia Scarlet, origami master. Or, based on what little I do know of you, you are presumably Remilia Scarlet, loving sister."

>"I don't believe our answer has changed much, then," says Remilia. "We are, at all times, our elegant self."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »
> "And what if the two were to come in conflict with one another, based on outside circumstances?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 04:13:00 PM »
> "And what if the two were to come in conflict with one another, based on outside circumstances?"

>'We do not feel this would happen," says Remilia. "We are the Scarlet Devil, and vice versa."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
> "Then let me present an unlikely but not impossible hypothetical. Let us say your position as the head of your household demanded that, for some reason, you were to excommunicate your sister for a month, and it was forbidden for anyone to ever explain to her why. Would you do it?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »
> "Then let me present an unlikely but not impossible hypothetical. Let us say your position as the head of your household demanded that, for some reason, you were to excommunicate your sister for a month, and it was forbidden for anyone to ever explain to her why. Would you do it?"

>"We do not feel it is any more valid to entertain that than it would be for you to entertain if The Dragon told you to devour a human," says Remilia.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »
Huh. And here I actually expected "I'd do it and do everything I could to make it up to her after the month ended".

> "Or if The Dragon told me to order my people to betray their faith?"
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:52:50 PM by Suwako Moriya »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2011, 05:11:08 PM »
> "Or if The Dragon told me to order my people to betray their faith?"

>"Just so," says Remilia. "It is a nonsense scenario."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2011, 05:14:26 PM »
> "And yet it may very well be what I am about to live out."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2011, 05:23:05 PM »
> "And yet it may very well be what I am about to live out."

>"We fail to see how," says Remilia.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2011, 05:41:36 PM »
> "Should this situation work out as you desire, I will be forced to order my people to hold you in higher regard than The Dragon. Our faith dictates that The Dragon is to be held in the highest regard."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »
> "Should this situation work out as you desire, I will be forced to order my people to hold you in higher regard than The Dragon. Our faith dictates that The Dragon is to be held in the highest regard."

>"We have no intention of usurping their faith," says Remilia. "And it is our understanding that your Dragon does little day to day ruling as it is."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
> Civil disputes and major changes are decided upon by committees, correct?
> Who creates these committees, and to whom do these committees report?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2011, 02:40:01 AM »
> Civil disputes and major changes are decided upon by committees, correct?
> Who creates these committees, and to whom do these committees report?

>Committees or empowered individuals. They tend to be appointed as the need arises, and usually close once the need passes. In the larger areas, they tend to be permanent. They don't really report to anyone. If there are real grievances with them, the Palace would be informed, and action taken. You've not seen this happen in your lifetime.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2011, 03:33:09 AM »
> "I guess we'll have to see how The Dragon decides, then. I have to be honest, though, the whole prospect makes me incredibly uneasy, largely because I am not entirely sure your definition of 'improvements' will coincide with what my people would consider improvements."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2011, 03:43:40 AM »
> "I guess we'll have to see how The Dragon decides, then. I have to be honest, though, the whole prospect makes me incredibly uneasy, largely because I am not entirely sure your definition of 'improvements' will coincide with what my people would consider improvements."

>"We have every confidence this will not be an issue," says Remilia.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2011, 03:46:11 AM »
> "Really? What did you have in mind?"

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2011, 03:48:44 AM »
> "Really? What did you have in mind?"

>"We've not quite decided yet," says Remilia.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2011, 03:50:43 AM »
> Ugh, there is no way this is going to end pleasantly...
> Continue out on to Dragon Palace Island.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 03:56:43 AM »
> Ugh, there is no way this is going to end pleasantly...
> Continue out on to Dragon Palace Island.

>You begin to brace yourself for how horrible you imagine this will be.
>You continue onward, passing over the human village. You see Marisa making a low circuit around Orchard Isle, watching the two of you go past. She doesn't approach, but you are certain she's waiting for some kind of trouble.
>Soon after, you can see the Dragon Palace coming up.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2011, 04:01:20 AM »
> Marisa probably now thinks we're invading our own islands.
> Land in front of the Dragon Palace.
> Is Yuuka still around, or perhaps her blonde friend whom we saw yesterday?