Author Topic: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 55939 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
Re: Iku Quest On Iki - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2011, 01:34:23 PM »
> Perform the standard respectful departure motions. If there are none, genuflect.
> "Thank you, August One. Your wisdom, patience and confidence are invaluable and greatly appreciated."
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2011, 01:46:29 PM »
> Perform the standard respectful departure motions. If there are none, genuflect.
> "Thank you, August One. Your wisdom, patience and confidence are invaluable and greatly appreciated."

>You feel a sense of warmth that has nothing to do with the flames around you. The Dragon wishes you well.
>The flames then fade away, and you find yourself inside a cavernous chamber. Glancing around, you dimly recognize it as the chamber that you saw within the shadow of Bhava-Agra, only in proper color. As well, you notice that the dais is not empty this time. Coiling upon it, even seeming the dwarf the immense chamber, is a serpent of incredible size. It scales are deep red, its talons the size of houses. You cannot accurately estimate its size beyond that, though you are certain its bewhiskered head alone could probably swallow Scarlet Devil Mansion in a bite. This, you understand, is The August One's avatar. When The Dragon intervened to help create the Great Hakurei Barrier, this is what people saw. In a sense, it is majestic. But it also feels underwhelming, having experienced something much closer to what The Dragon is truly like. It is roughly akin, you feel, to someone talking to you through a sock puppet around a corner, relaying words dictated to them by someone else.
>Near the foot of the dais, practically a speck in comparison, is Remilia.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #122 on: March 18, 2011, 02:02:01 PM »
> Walk over to Remilia. If the distance is so great that this would take a while, take flight instead.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #123 on: March 18, 2011, 02:24:47 PM »
> Walk over to Remilia. If the distance is so great that this would take a while, take flight instead.

>You're some yards away, but not too many. You approach Remilia, your footsteps echoing slightly. She looks toward you briefly after a few moments, then says, "Ah, We were wondering if you were here at all."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #124 on: March 18, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »
> "As I wondered about you. May I ask what you have learned since entering this place?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: March 18, 2011, 03:07:39 PM »
> "As I wondered about you. May I ask what you have learned since entering this place?"

>"We had largely exchanged pleasantries," says Remilia, returning her attention to the largely immobile serpent looming over it. "It seems to have faith in your acumen."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #126 on: March 18, 2011, 04:30:24 PM »
> "Then clearly I must do my best to bring a resolution to this situation. It would not do for The August One's faith to be misplaced. Shall we retreat to a private area, where we can continue our negotiations?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #127 on: March 18, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »
> "Then clearly I must do my best to bring a resolution to this situation. It would not do for The August One's faith to be misplaced. Shall we retreat to a private area, where we can continue our negotiations?"

>"As you wish," says Remilia.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #128 on: March 18, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »
> "Let us go, then."
> Leave the Dragon's Chamber and head to our suite.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #129 on: March 18, 2011, 05:02:47 PM »
> "Let us go, then."
> Leave the Dragon's Chamber and head to our suite.

>You depart The Dragon's chamber. Remilia looks back to The Dragon's Avatar and says, "Until We meet again." Then she follows you out.
>You return to your suite, and find it is has not been touched since you left. Remilia looks around, seeming a bit bored.

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2011, 07:01:52 PM »
> Is our sitting room in reasonable condition for conversation with guests?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2011, 07:13:23 PM »
> Is our sitting room in reasonable condition for conversation with guests?

>It has the proper furniture, at least, and isn't especially messy.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2011, 09:46:43 PM »
> "I apologize for the mess. We have still not fully recovered from the fall. Please, have a seat."
> Walk to the sitting room if we aren't in it already and gesture to a decent-looking upright chair.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2011, 04:37:49 AM »
> "I apologize for the mess. We have still not fully recovered from the fall. Please, have a seat."
> Walk to the sitting room if we aren't in it already and gesture to a decent-looking upright chair.

>"It is fine," says Remilia. "Merely that We were anticipating something more official and less of a back room."

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2011, 04:40:30 AM »
> Are there designated conference rooms in the palace?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #135 on: March 19, 2011, 05:04:46 AM »
> Are there designated conference rooms in the palace?

>There are a few rooms and gardens that tend to be used for such things. You imagine most of them would be in a poor state right now, they would not be prioritized in the clean-up efforts.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #136 on: March 19, 2011, 05:16:25 AM »
> "There are some other rooms that could perhaps be used for such purposes if you would prefer, though I imagine they are in worse shape than my suite, and may also be a little less private as well."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: March 19, 2011, 05:20:02 AM »
> "There are some other rooms that could perhaps be used for such purposes if you would prefer, though I imagine they are in worse shape than my suite, and may also be a little less private as well."

>"This will do," says Remilia.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #138 on: March 19, 2011, 12:02:09 PM »
> Nod.
> "Very well."
> If Remilia sat down, sit down in another chair ourselves. Otherwise, remain standing.
> "Now then, I must admit a few further curiosities into your goals behind what you have requested of me. You have said you wish to improve those islands, but have yet to give any specific ideas. Could you possibly tell me what general ideas you have about those islands, in regards to what areas they could be improved?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #139 on: March 19, 2011, 12:51:24 PM »
> Nod.
> "Very well."
> If Remilia sat down, sit down in another chair ourselves. Otherwise, remain standing.
> "Now then, I must admit a few further curiosities into your goals behind what you have requested of me. You have said you wish to improve those islands, but have yet to give any specific ideas. Could you possibly tell me what general ideas you have about those islands, in regards to what areas they could be improved?"

>There is another seat; you take it.
>"We have had a couple ideas," says Remilia. "There is a noted inefficiency in the horticulture, for instance. We would take steps to address this. We may try to entice Our people to consider more economically viable activities as well, we feel one could do well in dealing in goods from Bhava-Agra. Finally, we are most concerned with the lack of defensibility in Our territories, and would like to work with Our people to address this."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »
> "Mmm, I see. And, if I may ask, how did you plan to oversee these projects once Bhava-Agra has been restored to its proper place in the heavens?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »
> "Mmm, I see. And, if I may ask, how did you plan to oversee these projects once Bhava-Agra has been restored to its proper place in the heavens?"

>"We have Our ways," says Remilia. "Let us just say that Our Patchouli will have no difficulty finding them, should this come to pass."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »
> "That is surprising to learn. When I asked Patchouli for help finding the Eldest Daughter yesterday, I provided a set of the Eldest Daughter's clothes, and the best result provided was that she was underground somewhere."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2011, 03:29:52 PM »
> "That is surprising to learn. When I asked Patchouli for help finding the Eldest Daughter yesterday, I provided a set of the Eldest Daughter's clothes, and the best result provided was that she was underground somewhere."

>"But of course," says Remilia. "You didn't prepare her to be found before she got lost," says Remilia. "We have already taken that precaution. It will be simplicity itself now."

>_

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2011, 04:22:20 PM »
> Mental check: finding Tenshi required burning her clothes, right?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2011, 04:36:37 PM »
> Mental check: finding Tenshi required burning her clothes, right?

>It seemed to, at least.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2011, 05:03:45 PM »
> "I also recall the Eldest Daughter's clothes being burned for the process."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2011, 05:13:54 PM »
> "I also recall the Eldest Daughter's clothes being burned for the process."

>"Of course," says Remilia. "What did you expect when you didn't prepare her to be found ahead of time?"

>_

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »
>"...I was not entirely sure. What does "preparing to be found" entail, then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2011, 05:25:20 PM »
>"...I was not entirely sure. What does "preparing to be found" entail, then?"

>"We have placed a few discrete items," says Remilia. "Our Patchouli can locate them easily."

>_