Author Topic: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!  (Read 263566 times)

Youkai of Tea

• Faith and Tea.
  • And TeaFairies.
Re: Touhou 13 ~ Ten Desires announced!
« Reply #360 on: February 28, 2011, 12:28:39 PM »
And there goes my hope that I don't need to chase powerups to get bombs this time.  :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #361 on: February 28, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
Probably this was mentioned before (11+ pages) but is it me or is Youmu's expression in those screenshots pretty nice. She looks so happy =3

Atfyntify

• Danmakufu worshipper
  • I worship Danmakufu
« Reply #362 on: February 28, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! MY DREAM HAS CAME TRUE!!!! I am definetly playing as youmu! awww........poor yuyuko. But let my dream come true!  :D
I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOUHOU 14!

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #363 on: February 28, 2011, 12:50:38 PM »
That... was a lot of thread to read.
Yay for more Touhou!
I bet you ZUN is going to troll us again, with someone who's using Mima's spells, but no Mima. (C'mon ZUN, at least a stage 2 boss, or something).
I'd love to see Last Word spells return. And huh, ZUN's art is getting better and better. Best news I've had all night.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

WTF, still going!?

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
« Reply #364 on: February 28, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »
Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of Last Words?

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

By the way, I can't wait to get my hands on the trial.

WTF, still going!?
So it looks. :V
<-- Sig by Suikama

« Reply #365 on: February 28, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »
On that note, please remove Marisa from all games, because she was broken in one of them

Also, I don't like Reimu, so let's have someone new take her place, like Rin Satsuki. Someone with actual depth.

Oh please. Marisa has more uses than being glitchy in a single game. And if you don't like Reimu then too bad. I don't think ZUN's gonna replace his main character, let alone the most popular character, with anyone.

For all i care, MIma can be left forgotten forever together with Shinki and the rest of those PC-98 leftovers so that some new characters can be introduced.

I'd like to point out that i don't care a bit about which character is playable and who isn't. I want some good shottypes to pick from. I'll choose the best one for the objective i have and use her to accomplish my goals. That's the gist of that.

Yes. What could be wrong with more spellcards?

Mimachiro

• Master of the Swimsuit
  • Making being an evil spirit look good
    • Tondemonai
« Reply #366 on: February 28, 2011, 01:02:08 PM »
Doubt it.
I'm hoping ZUN has a good Stage 4 gimmick planned (seeing Youki for Youmu would KICK ASS!!)

"I don't have anything against you, but I hope you're ready to die a dog's death!
Oh, don't worry, that cat will carry off your body, so you'll be able to live in our place!"

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:33 PM »
I bet you ZUN is going to troll us again

Quote from: ZUN
I've added a few things that will make the game system a bit more complicated in order to keep the difficulty level down a bit.

He's already trolling us with fragments - easy my ass  :yukkuri:

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #368 on: February 28, 2011, 01:11:43 PM »
This "ZUN is a troll" crap really needs to die.

Your favorite game creator doesn't work for you. He makes the games he wants to make. He doesn't promise anyone anything. Calling him a troll, in this context, implies that he's said he'll do one thing but did another, or that he's somehow betrothed to every whim and desire of the fanbase. Neither is the case, and I especially get tired of hearing this from Mima fans who, for some inexplicable reason, expect Mima to appear in every Touhou game, and when she doesn't, once again call ZUN a troll.

He's just one dude makin' video games. You're under no obligation to play them, just as he's under no obligation to make a game that perfectly suits your personal special wishlist.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #369 on: February 28, 2011, 01:13:20 PM »
Another question I have is if the Power system will be like in MoF/SA or in UFO, i.e. each small piece fills 0.05 vs 0.01. I'm having a bit of trouble reading the Power level in that Sanae screenshot - is that a 7 I see in the hundredths place? Assuming there isn't a separate auto-collect mechanic like the UFOs were, I hope the number of Power/Point items doesn't reach UFO Stage 5 levels or something.

Hypers would be interesting. I've yet to play any Cave games that use them, but having temporary power boosts alongside temporary difficulty increases would be a cool dynamic for a Touhou game. Just imagine what the bosses' patterns would turn into. :3 Actually, I wonder if some enemies (bosses included) might also have a bit more health than usual to compensate for/encourage use of hypers...

On that note, please remove Marisa from all games, because she was broken in one of them

Also, I don't like Reimu, so let's have someone new take her place, like Rin Satsuki. Someone with actual depth.
What the hell kind of reasoning is that... The Vsync patch includes a fix for that bug. You should be using the Vsync patch to remove the input lag anyway, so go ahead and kill two birds with one stone with it. And like others mentioned, Reimu will never be replaced.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #370 on: February 28, 2011, 01:15:28 PM »
This "ZUN is a troll" crap really needs to die.

Your favorite game creator doesn't work for you. He makes the games he wants to make. He doesn't promise anyone anything. Calling him a troll, in this context, implies that he's said he'll do one thing but did another, or that he's somehow betrothed to every whim and desire of the fanbase. Neither is the case, and I especially get tired of hearing this from Mima fans who, for some inexplicable reason, expect Mima to appear in every Touhou game, and when she doesn't, once again call ZUN a troll.

He's just one dude makin' video games. You're under no obligation to play them, just as he's under no obligation to make a game that perfectly suits your personal special wishlist.

Well, it's not like I cared about how he makes them - I just found this ironic comment about the difficulty highly amusing.  :V

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #371 on: February 28, 2011, 01:16:07 PM »

Spoiler:
youmu confirmed for pimp tier

This made my morning. Now we really need to have Murasa in as May!

I don't like seeing the returns of Last Words or Life/Spellcard/Power fragments. On the other hand I would like to see IN-style Last Spells.

Brilliant.

Again?! OK that's enough of that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:00:21 PM by iPad Kernel Panic...? »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Drake

« Reply #372 on: February 28, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »
Jesus christ people typing up a post and submitting it DOES NOT TAKE THAT LONG

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #373 on: February 28, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »
This made my morning. Now we really need to have Minamitsu in as May!
Fixed that for you.

Jesus christ people typing up a post and submitting it DOES NOT TAKE THAT LONG
People want to express repeating how fast this topic moves. After a while, we get the joke though indeed.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #374 on: February 28, 2011, 01:45:42 PM »
Probably this was mentioned before (11+ pages) but is it me or is Youmu's expression in those screenshots pretty nice. She looks so happy =3
The art is looking very nice.
This makes me so excited~

Also Last Word is fuckawesome.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

« Reply #375 on: February 28, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »
I really don't see how life fragments make any difference in how you get your lives when compared to point item or score based extends (except in UFO where the whole system is different, but you can still get tons of lives just as easily).

And since there wasn't a clear explanation yet: Hyper is traditionally an activatable power-up mode that you can use to score at the spots of your choice. Often there's an effect like making enemies fire more and faster during hypers, so that it wouldn't make the game easier.

Also hey: "Most Online Today: 240. Most Online Ever: 240 (Today at 03:53:59)"
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Letty Whiterock

« Reply #376 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:10 PM »
I especially get tired of hearing this from Mima fans who, for some inexplicable reason, expect Mima to appear in every Touhou game
Mima was involved in four of the five original Touhou games. She was important enough to be recurring, being absent ONLY for Lotus Land Story, and yet Yuka and Alice are the ones resurrected for the Windows series? There is a completely unexplained history to Mima, going from a schoolgirl with a bloody knife to a master sorcerer to maybe an evil spirit to claiming she's not a ghost to being a ghost anyway. We even get a return to Makai, the same Makai from Mystic Square, in SA, which would've been the perfect opportunity to bring up a few story elements involving Mima, Shinki, and even Alice by association.

I don't know about most of the Mima idiots, but I, for one, want to see her acknowledged beyond the cover of an Akyu's Untouched Score. She was far more important than Yuka, and without her, there'd be no Marisa. Mention her in passing. Let her show up out of nowhere. It doesn't matter. She's a fan favorite, even in Japan; be a cool guy, for once.

No, instead, we get goddamn Sanae, the Luigi of Touhou. Do we really need two playable mikos again? I'm glad that Youmu's in the game, because why not; she deserved a little something better than her IN treatment, but damn, we're not asking for something unreasonable, like playable Byakuren, Rin Satsuki, or some Seihou character. We want someone who was important to the history of Touhou to continue to be involved. Reimu's always around. Marisa's always around. Alice's always sometimes around. Aya and Sanae will always probably be around. Hows about you give a nudge to lady who loves her Fantasia cosplay?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #377 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11:13 PM »
ZUN likes Reimu, Marisa, Aya and Sanae better, simple as that.

Though I do like your description of Sanae :V
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Tengukami

« Reply #378 on: February 28, 2011, 02:23:08 PM »
Mima was involved in four of the five original Touhou games. She was important enough to be recurring, being absent ONLY for Lotus Land Story, and yet Yuka and Alice are the ones resurrected for the Windows series? There is a completely unexplained history to Mima, going from a schoolgirl with a bloody knife to a master sorcerer to maybe an evil spirit to claiming she's not a ghost to being a ghost anyway. We even get a return to Makai, the same Makai from Mystic Square, in SA, which would've been the perfect opportunity to bring up a few story elements involving Mima, Shinki, and even Alice by association.

I don't know about most of the Mima idiots, but I, for one, want to see her acknowledged beyond the cover of an Akyu's Untouched Score. She was far more important than Yuka, and without her, there'd be no Marisa. Mention her in passing. Let her show up out of nowhere. It doesn't matter. She's a fan favorite, even in Japan; be a cool guy, for once.

No, instead, we get goddamn Sanae, the Luigi of Touhou. Do we really need two playable mikos again? I'm glad that Youmu's in the game, because why not; she deserved a little something better than her IN treatment, but damn, we're not asking for something unreasonable, like playable Byakuren, Rin Satsuki, or some Seihou character. We want someone who was important to the history of Touhou to continue to be involved. Reimu's always around. Marisa's always around. Alice's always sometimes around. Aya and Sanae will always probably be around. Hows about you give a nudge to lady who loves her Fantasia cosplay?

See, I get that reasoning to an extent, but it still doesn't explicitly underline what makes Mima so important that ZUN has to bring her back. And just so I make myself clear here, it's not people wanting Mima back that's a problem for me. I'd enjoy seeing her back, too. It's just this sense of entitlement; this expression as if ZUN somehow owes Mima fans her return that gets under my skin. Dude goes on Ustream with a few buds, wind of this makes it into the WTC, and what happens? A bunch of people leap into the video chat shrieking MIMA MIMA MIMA. It's embarrassing. That's what I mean about people crying that ZUN is a troll when they don't see their precious waifu. Your logic for why it might be a good idea for her to come back makes sense; fans accusing the game creator of purposefully setting them up for disappointment is just crazy.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #379 on: February 28, 2011, 02:30:30 PM »
I'm hoping ZUN has a good Stage 4 gimmick planned (seeing Youki for Youmu would KICK ASS!!)

This.

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #380 on: February 28, 2011, 02:42:58 PM »
woohoo!!
The excitement is killing me D:

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #381 on: February 28, 2011, 02:45:50 PM »
mint

u mad?

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #382 on: February 28, 2011, 02:54:28 PM »

Again with what Kami said, it's ZUN's game. He stated before that he only makes the game that makes HIM find it reasonable, and doesn't really give much of a damn of what we like in a game, if he's satisfied with it, then it's good in his books. Whatever reason that Mima isn't all that great for him is his own reason and Mima fans should just stop complaining about the fact that she needs to be in more games than she already has. Hell, being in 5 games is more than most other Touhou characters out there.

Drake

« Reply #383 on: February 28, 2011, 02:58:37 PM »
It still begs the question that if he did use Mima so much, he obviously carries some kind of attachment towards her. Why she was just haphazardly dropped is something that we don't understand and it's frustrating. Doesn't mean that I don't agree with Ammy, but I definitely agree with Letty as well.

Ayuka

• Pursuer of cute things
  • Not obsessive in the slightest.
    • Neko Arrange
« Reply #384 on: February 28, 2011, 03:00:56 PM »
Why half the series was just haphazardly dropped is something that we don't understand and it's frustrating.

I don't claim to understand ZUN. I just know he makes flying girls with pretty bullet patterns and interesting music.

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #385 on: February 28, 2011, 03:02:33 PM »
Re: Mima
Zun said himself that he doesn't care if people play his games or not. I'd say that pleasing his fanbase is on the least important things to do on his list.

Also, 4.0 power is kind of pointless if it's not used for bombs unlike SA or MoF, for example. You might as well return to the 128 point system. Then again, it shouldn't be so different.

I'll just sit here and wait warmly for the game to be released before saying anything else.

Last word is awesome :3

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

« Reply #386 on: February 28, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
I just imagine ZUN rocking himself to sleep every night with a bottle of his favorite flavors repeating," PC98 as a lie. It never existed. It was a lie..."

Drake

« Reply #387 on: February 28, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »
Re: Mima
Zun said himself that he doesn't care if people play his games or not. I'd say that pleasing his fanbase is on the least important things to do on his list.
gdi it has nothing to do with pleasing the fanbase the point is that HE LIKES MIMA ENOUGH TO HAVE IN HER IN FIVE GAMES

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #388 on: February 28, 2011, 03:25:33 PM »
I just imagine ZUN rocking himself to sleep every night with a bottle of his favorite flavors repeating," PC98 as a lie. It never existed. It was a lie..."

Hilarious mental image.

Tengukami

« Reply #389 on: February 28, 2011, 03:26:38 PM »
gdi it has nothing to do with pleasing the fanbase the point is that HE LIKES MIMA ENOUGH TO HAVE IN HER IN FIVE GAMES

Liked. Past tense.